Intro to Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#351

i went to the polish site and i saw the same version of the picture....? if someone can give me a link to the original, i can host ii and then post it here. but i cant find it anywhere.......?

thanks.

16K4,305
    Contributor
    16K4,305

Feb 03, 2005#352

Quote:
      look at it!its not even her body.its not jennifer lying on the sand..its a skeleton with her face on it.
      Yes i think so...It is not her body...
      Quote:
      OMG I hate that poster!
      I didn't like it neither

Intro to Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#353

sorry..i must've miss led you.
        when i said 'the original' pic i meant the whole picture.the bigger one.cause the one you see above is a banner and its cut n stuff..i meant the bigger picture where u see all of her body and her legs when she's on the sand , and thats the one u can see on the polish site.
        sorry

Intro to Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#354

ugh, you with your bickering always... JEN IS GORGEOUS THE WAY SHE IS, get it?

Intro to Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#355

the pic IS jennifer, she looks great

Intro to Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#356

Quote:
              ugh, you with your bickering always... JEN IS GORGEOUS THE WAY SHE IS, get it?
              were u talking to me..?

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#357

I was looking at the new teen people magazine the march issuse n i was fliping thru it n i saw the ad for MIAMI GLOW, as we kno already jen isnt on the add it like the same as they posted here b4, oh well at least they r starting to promote it!

Intro to Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#358

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 03, 2005#359

There's a Limited Edition of Still Jennifer Lopez too??? In the teen people ad, can u smell it??? We all know that's Jenifer's body, its just airbrushed to make her look smaller.
                    Who we think we are, and who we turn out to be...are they ever the same? (Shades of Blue)

Admin

Feb 04, 2005#360

Eau de stars: Hollywood turns into an olfactory factory
                      By RACHEL LEIBROCK
                      January 19, 2005

Do we really smell that bad?

America's celebrities seem to think so.

Well, perhaps the glitterati aren't wrinkling their collective nose every time we pass by. But the stars are hoping we'll use our noses to take a whiff of what they're offering.

Seems like you're no one in Hollywood circles unless you're brandishing your own perfume bottle. Britney, Paris and Jessica. J.Lo, Celine, Antonio Banderas and The Donald. And, coming soon to a perfume counter near you: fragrances by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Cindy Crawford and P. Diddy, not to mention tennis stars Andy Roddick and Maria Sharapova.

Whew, that's a lot of spritzing. Or should that be p-ewwww? With all those fragrances floating around, it's a wonder we can breathe.

But apparently we are inhaling, and for a pretty sum - prices average $39 to $60 a bottle. Although the marketing-information group NPD Beauty reports that fragrance sales have remained flat - with purchases totaling a billion dollars for first nine months of 2004 - celebs are pumping up an otherwise stale industry by adding a splash of glamour and name recognition, according to some analysts.

"Celebrities are bringing people back to the fragrance arena," says Rochelle Bloom, president of the Manhattan-based Fragrance Foundation, a nonprofit trade organization.

It's not just about stars hawking their own fragrances, either; these days, everyone from Nicole Kidman (Chanel No. 5) and Catherine Zeta-Jones (Elizabeth Arden) to Beyonce (Tommy Hilfiger) and Matthew McConaughey (Stetson) is shilling other people's scents.

In particular, Bloom says, Kidman's glitzy but sophisticated partnering with Chanel No. 5 was "brilliant."

The recent ad campaign, which included a commercial helmed by Kidman's "Moulin Rouge" director Baz Luhrman, was "romantic and mysterious."

"It made people say, 'I like Nicole Kidman. I think I'll try that fragrance again,' " Bloom says.

Celebrity fragrances aren't new, of course. Elizabeth Taylor helped launch White Diamonds in 1991, but Bloom says it wasn't until 2002, when Jennifer Lopez introduced Glow, that the trend really took off. The fragrance raked in a reported $80 million and, in 2003, Lopez gave a repeat performance with Still Glow. In 2004, she launched yet another scent, Miami Glow.

If you're picturing Lopez and stars like her hard at work in the lab, decked out in designer smocks while they test out perfume top notes, think again.

But some celebrities do get involved when it comes to deciding how to develop and sell a signature scent.

Britney Spears took a hands-on approach to the September launch of her Curious perfume, says Tamara Steele, vice president of global marketing for Elizabeth Arden.

From deciding on her favorite scents (magnolia and vanilla musk) and design (blue-and-pink packaging and a vintage-style atomizer) to appearing in TV and print ads and sending text messages to fans, Spears was "totally involved" every step of the way, Steele says.

The result, she says, is a fragrance, package and ad that are "very sophisticated, beautiful and young - very Britney."

Oh, OK.

The appeal of working with Spears was clear and simple, adds Steele, from her office in Manhattan.

"She's a trendsetter ... and people are interested in all aspects of her life. She's a celebrity, an entertainer (and) a fashion icon."

Likewise, Aramis viewed going into partnership with Donald Trump as a way to capitalize on the business icon's celebrity and reputation.

"Donald Trump is a businessman, a TV personality - he's respected and admired and he clearly has an audience in America," explains Robin Mason, vice president of global marketing for Aramis, a division of Estee Lauder.

Although Trump wasn't as involved in the direct development of his men's fragrance - "He trusted our expertise and put a lot of the responsibility in our hands" - Mason says the "Apprentice" star nonetheless brought his "Midas touch" to the fragrance that launched in November.

"He was very committed to talking about how it should smell and how the packaging should look," Mason says. "He wanted something that was modern, sensual and sexy - something that today's man would wear."

But Dawn Scott isn't too impressed with Trump's latest venture.

"It's OK, but I thought it would - you know because he always has a lot of women - be more appealing to women," says Scott, who sniffed a quick whiff of the cologne on a recent stroll past a Macy's counter in Arden Fair mall.

And if anyone knows about fancy smells, it's Scott, 56, of Sacramento, Calif. With more than 30 fragrances in her collection, Scott says she makes a point of keeping up with the latest scents.

While Scott also turns her nose up at Britney's Curious ("It smelled too sweet, like a little girl's perfume"), she's a fan of J.Lo's Miami Glow.

"It seemed very sensual and gave me a lift," says Scott, who also counts Calvin Klein's Obsession among her favorites. "It just seems very sophisticated."

But while industry analyst Bloom predicts that shoppers such as Scott will continue to collect fragrances, she says the celebrity trend will eventually fade.

"My guess is that next year, there will not be as many celebrity fragrances," Bloom says. "It's like reality TV. There will be winners and all the others will fall to the wayside."

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2005#361

I HAVE IT! I GOT THE BIG BOTTLE. It smells good. Its no "Curious" but, I love it.
                        Who we think we are, and who we turn out to be...are they ever the same? (Shades of Blue)

Intro to Jenology

Feb 07, 2005#362

I just bought the JLO Miami Glow tote bag (with the big perfume inside) at Macy's yesterday and I have to say:
                          I am in love with Miami Glow ! smells sooooooooooooo good!!!

I went to a party last night and all my friends were asking me what perfume I was wearing and with a big Smile I said: the new JLO perfume.. Miami Glow!.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2005#363

^Aww, That's Hott! I got the same one, and I gave the beach bag to my friend and I told her I bought it for her for 20 dollars. I didn't tell her it came with my Rebirth Glow, lol.

46K3,606
                            Admin
                            46K3,606

Feb 07, 2005#364

Thank God it doesn't smell like Curious.

Admin

Feb 07, 2005#365

Quote:
                                Thank God it doesn't smell like Curious.
                                serious!! it's stinky...

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 07, 2005#366

Curious smells really good to me. yummy... and echo by dandruff for girls smells really good its like in a pink bottle.... the guys one stinks, i wanted to buy it cause i liked the bottle but it stunk

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 08, 2005#367

CURIOUS SMELLS SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!! SMELLS LIKE CANDY! I love it!!! I'm startin to really love Rebirth Glow too!

Intro to Jenology

Feb 10, 2005#368

yesterday i saw miami glow in a store here in holland. i was surprised, cuz i didnt expect they would sell it so soon

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 10, 2005#369

i see it today in stores, but i was not surprised cuz her

perfums sell well here, and i don't know y cuz she almost have

no fans here.

i smelled it and the smell seems like passion fruit

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 10, 2005#370

I saw an ad for Miami Glow in Teen Vogue yesterday I been asking my mom to buy me Miami Glow so I might get it this weekend I hope

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 10, 2005#371

Macys valetine's day brochure had NEW MIAMI GLOW WITH TOTE BAG.... it looked purtty

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 10, 2005#372

have u guys seen the miami glow samples they are sooo cute its liks a sandal and at the middle of it it had the lil thing with the perfume~ its cute to add to our jlo collections!!

Intro to Jenology

Feb 10, 2005#373

Quote:
                                                are sooo cute its liks a sandal
                                                it is cute!

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 10, 2005#374

My cousin bought me the big bottle, and her the big bottle, but I use hers so I won't have to use mine, lol

20K2,682
                                                  Admin
                                                  20K2,682

Feb 10, 2005#375

Jennifer Lopez can add another slash to her credits as movie star, pop tart and designer: muse. The makers of Rmy-Martin cognac found Lopez's new fragrance, Miami Glow, so intoxicating they based a cocktail on some of its fruitier notes. The Strawberry Vice -- made with Rmy-Martin VSOP (Very Special Old Pale, which refers to blends not less than 4 years old) -- debuted in a chi-chi afterparty for J.Lo's new ready-to-wear collection in New York this week.

''It's sweet, tropical, sexy, breezy -- like Miami,'' says Lisette Sand-Freedman, Rmy spokeswoman. Here's how to make it off the runways:

Muddle 1 ounces Rmy-Martin VSOP, ounce vanilla and 2 hulled and halved strawberries in a mixing glass. Shake over ice, strain into a flute and top with champagne. Garnish with strawberry, fresh berries or a flower.

Rmy-Martin is about $30 a 750-milliliter bottle at major liquor stores; remy.com.
                                                    Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

Read more posts (50 remaining)