J.Lo to Star in & Produce NBC Drama Series "Shades of Blue"

J.Lo to Star in & Produce NBC Drama Series "Shades of Blue"

Intro to Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#1

http://tvline.com/2014/02/21/shades-of- ... bc-series/

Jennifer Lopez is going undercover for NBC.

In a major coup for the Peacock network, the actress-singer-American Idol judge will star (yes, star) in and exec-produce an hour-long drama series titled Shades of Blue.

The project, which has already received a 13-episode straight-to-series order from NBC, “is a complex police series that centers on Harlee McCord (Lopez), a single mother and detective recruited to work undercover for the FBI’s anti-corruption task force. Part of a close-knit unit known for its conviction record, Harlee has become compromised by her colleagues — all of whom also pitch in to help her raise her daughter — and finds herself faced with the moral dilemma of working against her cop brothers in order to redeem herself.”

The series will be written by Adi Hasak (3 Days to Kill, From Paris with Love), who will serve as an EP alongside Lopez’ American Idol colleague with Ryan Seacrest. Production isn’t set to begin until 2015 ahead of a Fall 2015 premiere.

“Whether its producing, acting, singing or any of her other many entrepreneurial activities, Jennifer is an extraordinary talent and life force, and we’re delighted to be in business with her and Adi Hasak on this sophisticated show,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke in a statement. “We’re especially excited that Jennifer is returning to her acting roots from such great movies as Out of Sight and we know that she will create this complicated character in a vivid way that will breathe new life into the cop show genre.”

Contributor

Feb 22, 2014#2

OMG OMG OMG

Intro to Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#3

I'm all for Jen working on a tv project. I would have preferred HBO or Showtime. But this could be cool. It kinda reminds me of Angel Eyes and I loved Jen in that.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#4

OMG! WOW! Interesting...

14K2,614
          Doctor of Jenology
          14K2,614

Feb 22, 2014#5

OMG !!!! I always want Jennifer star her own TV Serie !!! this sound a good plot

Contributor

Feb 22, 2014#6

OMG!! This sounds interesting :dance2
              Cant wait :woot

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#7

OMG :woot
                YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS slay us mama :bow

Master of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#8

Go go!

Why do I feel that she’ll join The Voice once this season if AI is over? Lol

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#9

Woooo! Get those emmy's Jen!! You know what this means right!! No more AI next year! :woot

It gives me Angel Eyes meets Enough teas by the synopsis though. :oops: But I'd be here for a badass cop series centered around Jen, beats AI and its on NBC!! the second highest rated television network in America! :woot

Master of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#10

Amazing news! :woot

23K5,924
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      23K5,924

Feb 22, 2014#11

Coming for that Emmy/Golden Globe!!! :woot
                        The series will be written by Adi Hasak (3 Days to Kill, From Paris with Love)
                        Interesting.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#12

juniorsega wrote:Woooo! Get those emmy's Jen!! You know what this means right!! No more AI next year! :woot

It gives me Angel Eyes meets Enough teas by the synopsis though. :oops: But I'd be here for a badass cop series centered around Jen, beats AI and its on NBC!! the second highest rated television network in America! :woot
                          LOL NBC are doing so well right now because of the Olympics. When that's over the rating will drop.

NBC pretty much flop these days with their comedy tv shows. I hope the network make a comeback.

But they do pretty well in Dramas. :)

23K5,924
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          23K5,924

Feb 22, 2014#13

Golden Globes already tweeted about it :dance2 They better nominate her. :D

22K4,141
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            22K4,141

Feb 22, 2014#14

That's cool but isn't that going to take much more time from music and movies?

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#15

That's cool, but we can officialy say GOODBYE to another World Tour now :flowerdance

23K5,924
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                23K5,924

Feb 22, 2014#16

This is going to take up a lot of her time, definitely.

I don't care for another world tour. I've just seen her a year and a half ago. She should wait at least half a decade or more.

I hope the show does well, but more importantly, I hope it picks up some awards.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#17

it sounds great, but we have to be patient again :smile:

20K7,822
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    20K7,822

Feb 22, 2014#18

ChristianM wrote:That's cool, but we can officialy say GOODBYE to another World Tour now :flowerdance
                                      That makes me sad :(

But it sounds good and I know what I'll be watching in fall 2015 lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#19

I dont care about a Jlo tour now.
                                        This project is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :woot :woot :woot :woot :dance :dance :dance

26K8,905
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        26K8,905

Feb 22, 2014#20

Interesting. But UGH, why NBC? :(

Cable TV >>>>>>>> NBC/ABC/FOX/CBS

I've never heard of Adi Hasak... And executively produced by Ryan Seacrest? :oops:

23K5,924
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,924

Feb 22, 2014#21

Complaining already? SMFH :coffee

Contributor

Feb 22, 2014#22

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

26K8,905
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              26K8,905

Feb 22, 2014#23

Jennifer Lopez To Topline 13-Episode FBI Drama Series At NBC She Is Producing With Ryan Seacrest For 2015-16

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday February 21, 2014 @ 8:25pm

In one of the highest-profile packages this year, NBC has given a 13-episode straight-to-series order to Shades Of Blue, a drama toplined by Jennifer Lopez, which she will executive produce with her American Idol co-star Ryan Seacrest. Written by Adi Hasak (From Paris with Love), the project will begin working on scripts in June with an eye toward a 2015 production start and will be for the 2015-16 season, not the one that starts in September. Shades of Blue is a complex police series that centers on Harlee McCord (Lopez), a single mother and detective recruited to work undercover for the FBI’s anti-corruption task force. Part of a close-knit unit known for its conviction record, Harlee has become compromised by her colleagues — all of whom also pitch in to help her raise her daughter — and finds herself faced with the moral dilemma of working against her cop brothers in order to redeem herself. Lopez and Seacrest executive produce with Nina Wass, Hasak, Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas and Benny Medina for Universal Television, Lopez’s Nuyorican Prods., Ryan Seacrest Prods., EGTV and H’s Films. Search is underway for an experienced TV writer-producer to serve as co-showrunner alongside former Israeli journalist-turned-screenwriter Hasak. This marks reality powerhouse RSP’s first drama series. Its first scripted series, ABC comedy Mixology, which it joined at the pilot stage, premieres next week.

“Whether its producing, acting, singing or any of her other many entrepreneurial activities, Jennifer is an extraordinary talent and life force, and we’re delighted to be in business with her and Adi Hasak on this sophisticated show,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke. “We’re especially excited that Jennifer is returning to her acting roots from such great movies as Out of Sight, and we know that she will create this complicated character in a vivid way that will breathe new life into the cop show genre. Ryan Seacrest is part of the NBCU family and doing his first scripted drama series with us makes perfect sense.”

Hasak wrote the script on spec and gave it to Goldsmith-Thomas. The two approached ABC, which wouldn’t commit, so Hasak showed Shades of Blue to RSP’s head of scripted Wass, with whom he shares a lawyer. “Nina Wass loved the script from the moment she read it,” Seacrest said. “The script is so powerful and ambitious, we can’t wait to see Jennifer take on this remarkable role,” said Seacrest, who I hear was key in getting his friend Lopez to board the show and whose relationship with NBC helped get the project a series order at the network.

After a couple of brief TV series stints in the early 1990s, Lopez transition into features with her breakout starring roles in 1997′s Selena and 1998′s Out of Sight. For the past two decades, she has largely stayed away from scripted series sans a couple of guest starring stints, including Will & Grace and How I Met Your Mother, while become a reality star as a judge on American Idol. As a producer, she has a hit with ABC Family’s drama series The Fosters. Shades of Blue was packaged by CAA. Hasak is repped by attorney Patti Felker.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2014#24

wow :cheer

Contributor

Feb 22, 2014#25

jennylover83 wrote:I'm all for Jen working on a tv project. I would have preferred HBO or Showtime. But this could be cool. It kinda reminds me of Angel Eyes and I loved Jen in that.

I thought of Angel Eyes too

Read more posts (455 remaining)