Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#101

i can't listen to Jen anymore without crying...biggest post-concert depression of my life lol! Here's the Llorando se Fue part....AMAZED!

[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

Contributor

Dec 18, 2012#102

Sanchoz! :D I'm glad you had a great time! She is such an amazing singer, right? And I love your shirt :)

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#103

@Chris...of course she is, i was completely blown away!!!

this user uploaded a large part of the concert....great quality i must say :) enjoy guys!

46K3,606
        Admin
        46K3,606

Dec 18, 2012#104

Sanchoz wrote:i can't listen to Jen anymore without crying...biggest post-concert depression of my life lol! Here's the Llorando se Fue part....AMAZED!

:love :love :love

Cute avatar! hahaha

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#105

this video is amazing oh my god...and her voice sounds the clearest here woah

Master of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#106

^AWESOME VIDS

SHE BROUGHT ANOTHER FAN ON STAGE!! :woot :woot THIS TIME, A GUY!

Master of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#107

Master of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#108

Arriving in Brisbane

Master of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#109

HQs (Sydney)

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#110

^aw emme is cute..jen looks dope in that shirt...beau is fuckable in this outfit..i love the pants and the jacket

46K3,606
                      Admin
                      46K3,606

Dec 18, 2012#111

Thanks for all the pics, guys!! :D

Dec 18, 2012#112

One more:

Intro to Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#113

Love the pictures! Thanks

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 19, 2012#114

Emme and Jen are soo cute! Emme is def a mini me. She's so cute with her little nails painted the same as Lupe!

20K2,682
                              Admin
                              20K2,682

Dec 19, 2012#115

JenRox wrote:One more:
                                Aww Emme with her little koala bear..lol

Master of Jenology

Dec 19, 2012#116

omg i love the fact she had a fan onstage wow..that should have been done all the time on the tour.. i find that was soo amazing!!!

46K3,606
                                  Admin
                                  46K3,606

Dec 19, 2012#117

Nice reviews from the show in Brisbane:

Jennifer Lopez gives fans a dazzling show in Brisbane
                                    Have your say »

kristymuir
                                    19th Dec 2012 2:00 PM

Story Tools

Use this content
                                    Jennifer Lopez dazzles fans at her last show in Australia at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Jennifer Lopez dazzles fans at her last show in Australia at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Kristy Muir

TRIPLE threat Jennifer Lopez wowed a packed house at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre for her last show in Australia.

J Lo took fans on a journey from the Bronx to fame and brought a personal touch to the show by talking to the audience between songs and sharing her thoughts about life.

She also included a photo montage of her life with her kids - which made the experience more intimate.

Fans didn't seem to mind waiting for the superstar for close to 40 minutes. I think everyone there was just happy she was finally in Australia.

The show opened with a bang to Get Right and she backed it up with the pop hit, Love Don't Cost a Thing.

In a "back to the Bronx" mega-mix J Lo danced and sang to I'm Real, All I have, Ain't it Funny and finished with Jenny from the Block.

J Lo proved you can find a balance of singing, dancing and acting on stage - she showed off her vocal stylings as well as her booty shaking dance moves.

As expected there was a lot of bling, sparkles, pyrotechnics and lights - but it was not to hide a lack of talent, despite what some critics might think.

The starlet slowed down and stripped back her first No 1 song, If You Had My Love (I would imagine to catch her breath) but also to prove to critics she could do it without the glitz and glamour.

My favourite song of the evening was Let's Get Loud, which she started by playing the bongo drum.

Her outfits were incredible and there were a number of wardrobe changes which she did seamlessly.

I would jump at the chance to see her in concert again.

---

Review: Jennifer Lopez wraps up Dance Again tour in Brisbane, 18/12/12

Jennifer Lopez closed out her first Australian tour with a bang in Brisbane, writes Samantha Armatys.

Jennifer Lopez @ Brisbane Entertainment Centre, 18/12/12
                                    Photo: Getty/Getty Images Entertainment/Scott Barbour

Brisbane could not have prepared for the onslaught of sequins that accompanied Jennifer Lopez on her first ever tour of Australia. After an opening performance by a chiseled group of backup dancers that would make Magic Mike hot under the detachable collar, the glistening diva took to the stage in a barely-there body suit, sparkling like a diamond.

The near sell-out, predominately female crowd rose to their feet in anticipation of a jam-packed danceathon of hits. 2012 has bought a star spangled line-up of performers to our shores, but few have such an impressive back catalogue to draw from on their maiden voyage. Lopez was eager to deliver her fans’ long-awaited daydreams, and launched into a chain of chart-toppers accompanied by choreography that would leave a less experienced entertainer gasping for breath.

There was plenty of opportunity for J Lo to compose herself between tracks, with more wardrobe changes than Myer during the Boxing Day sales. With each outfit as shiny and gravity-defying as the last, the crowd grew impatient in the frequent and drawn out interludes. While her voice is her largest asset, each clothing piece accentuated her carved abs and world-famous behind, which come in at a very close second.

At 43, a mother of two and topping Forbes’ list of the most powerful people in entertainment, Lopez has come a long way from the block. But she made sure to take some time to remind the crowd of her Bronx roots in a mid-set arsenal of early hits (“I’m Real”, “All I Have”,“Ain’t It Funny” and “Jenny from the Block”) that took the audience on a time warp

A montage of her children and visual guest performances from rap collaborators Ja Rule, Lil Wayne and Pitbull adorned the backdrops throughout the night, interspersed with highly polished graphics. Vegas-style lasers and fireworks rounded out the onstage extravaganza.

As the night drew nearer to a close, J Lo appeared behind a bongo drum, beating out a rhythmic solo that launched into party favourite “Let’s Get Loud”. It was almost possible to hear the mental pencil ticks, checking off the wish lists of her supporters. They showed their appreciation by singing in unison and attempting a booty shake likely perfected during months of Zumba classes.

Closing track “On the Floor” flashed by in a swirl of red cabaret, before latest beau and backup dancer Casper Smart joined Lopez onstage for encore “Dance Again”. Brisbane marked the end of this international mega tour. Those who came in doubt were assured that this powerhouse has still got it, and those who already knew went home green with envy.

---

Jennifer Lopez Gets Loud Applause in Brisbane.
                                    Dec - 19 | Posted by: Caroline Russo | no comments.

Categories: Music

MUSIC EVENT: JENNIFER LOPEZ LIVE ‘DANCE AGAIN’ WORLD TOUR

DECEMBER 18TH 2012, BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE

By Peter Gray

It’s hard to believe that in a music career that has spanned 13 years Jennifer Lopez hadn’t had a world tour under her belt, but as the old saying goes “good things come to those who wait” and Wednesday night the wait proved worthy. Lopez, or J.Lo as she has been affectionately nicknamed, was every inch the glamazon we’d expect as she took the stage in Brisbane (or ‘the Brissy’ as she called it) to perform the final Australian show in her global ‘Dance Again’ concert tour, proving just how strong a performer she truly is.

I’ll admit that perhaps I am biased towards Lopez as I am an unashamed fan, but I can freely admit when an artist I am fond of is a lesser performer than I would expect and Lopez was nothing short of a class act – dancing seamlessly, engaging with the audience in a personable matter and, perhaps most importantly, singing live in a near pitch perfect tone. A musical artist singing live in concert isn’t something that should be commended, but it’s safe to say many were expecting Lopez to fall into the ‘studio singer’ genre where live performances would be heavy on spectacle and light on vocals (i.e. lipsynching), so for her to deliver a near 2-hour show with all the slick choreography we’d expect and live singing is certainly a laudable achievement – and a nice middle finger to the naysayers.

Given that it has taken her so long to venture out and perform her music, it makes sense that her ‘Dance Again’ show is a collection of her back catalogue of chart-topping singles ranging from her #1 debut ‘If You Had My Love’ (presented here as a lush acoustic ballad) to the show’s titular hit ‘Dance Again’. Decked out in a figure hugging body suit that accentuated her curves, show opener ‘Get Right’ proved the perfect number to get the crowd on their feet and make us all aware that this was going to be a high-energy affair, with follow-ups ‘Love Don’t Cost A Thing’ and ‘I’m Into You’ allowing little room for anybody to catch their breath, the latter evidently a favourite amongst the male audience members as she shamelessly shook her famous derriere. A nod to her days growing up in the Bronx was evident as she performed the tongue-in-cheek ditty ‘Jenny From The Block’ and she channelled her inner James Brown on the funk-inspired ‘Hold It, Don’t Drop It’, but it was the Latin laced duo of ‘Let’s Get Loud’ and ‘On The Floor’ that proved the biggest hits with the crowd.

But amongst all the music it was still Lopez herself that shone brightest. Enviably gorgeous in the flesh, it was a true surprise to see how humbled she was by the rapturous applause she often received, and the banter she engaged the audience with never came across as forced or scripted and for 2 hours she made us feel like her friends rather than an audience; Pretty astonishing for a woman with such a reputation for being a ‘diva’.

The quality of show Lopez treated Brisbane to only leaves us fans wanting more, and there was a sly hint of a return in her closing thank you, but we just have to pray it isn’t another 13 years – even if she did prove she’s worth the wait.

Master of Jenology

Dec 20, 2012#118

just to add some more pics of arriving in Brisbane

Master of Jenology

Dec 20, 2012#119

I want more and clearer pics of Jenn with the glasses!!

46K3,606
                                        Admin
                                        46K3,606

Dec 20, 2012#120

lol, I hope they are sunglasses, not hipster glasses. :lol: She already did that a few years back, hahaha.

Intro to Jenology

Dec 21, 2012#121

Hello all,

This is my first post but I've been lurking here for a long time! It was great to read all the Australian tour topics and see how many other diehard Australian fans were out there, all anticipating Jennifer's visit as much as I was. I was touched reading buffster2002 and Sanchoz's posts, so figured I'd add my own story to the mix.

I am the fellow who was brought up on stage a week ago at the December 14 Dance Again World Tour stop in Sydney. Like some other lucky Aussie BBers, I was fortunate enough to secure a front row meet and greet ticket when they went on sale a few months back and despite being somewhat anxious about the prospect of having to eat cat food for a few weeks to pay for it, I was very excited to be up close and personal with an idol of mine. I never could have anticipated how the night would turn out.

There was a lovely, vocal contingent of fans in the front row on Friday and we all introduced ourselves to each other when we took our seats. It was nice to see how our individual memories of experiencing Jennifer's music over the last 13 years created a kinship between a group of strangers, at least for a few hours or so. We all danced and sang along, consumed by both the spectacle on stage and that feeling of finally seeing someone you've imagined as an untouchable presence in the flesh. The seven or so of us who had bought the meet and greet tickets on the right-hand side of the catwalk were particularly excited when Jennifer sat a few metres away from us for 'If You Had My Love'. As it hadn't become a routine part of the show like Enrique's, I don't think of any of us expected that she would bring someone up on stage. She started the song and stopped just before the first chorus, saying 'You know what? Hold on one second here. Hold on. Let me see, who's gonna come up here and sing this song. Who have we got? Who knows all the words?'

I can't tell you how many concerts I have been to in my life where I have seen these sorts of amazing experiences happen to other people. I am a fairly quiet person who is never extroverted enough to be the loudest screamer or the most persistent audience member, but for whatever reason Jennifer looked at me and said 'this gentleman right here... you'. I still didn't believe it was me when she pointed me out, so she had to clarify and describe what I was wearing. I don't think I've ever felt such a heady mixture of elation and fear before! I was petrified, but already having something of an out of body experience. I remember handing my camera to one of the girls next to me, ungraciously bouncing over the barricade and having Jennifer's bodyguard tell me not to 'freak out'.

When I went up on stage, she asked if I was alright and gave me a hug and a kiss. She told me to take a seat on her chair and I asked if she was sure and whether she'd prefer to sit down. It's typical that I remember the silliest parts of the whole thing now - like trying not to stand on the trailing part of her costume and the fact that one of my shoelaces was undone. Apart from the genuinely mortifying prospect of having to sing in front of 16,000 strangers (surely it's akin to the nightmare of leaving the house without trousers on!) those three minutes were amongst the most surreal of my life. Jennifer was beautiful up close and I couldn't believe she was looking me in the eyes, much less that her hand was squeezing my shoulder.

I bleated through a couple of lines whenever Jennifer gave me the microphone and defaulted to pointing and pouting when I had no idea what else to do. I could only properly look out at the crowd twice because both times it felt too overwhelming. At least I knew all the lyrics, bar one that I completely blanked on; that made Jennifer laugh and she quickly said 'don't worry I know the words'. She kept laughing at the end of the song and held my hand as I wordvomited about how amazing that was and told her she'd made my year. She said something like 'you're so welcome baby', gave me two more hugs, a kiss and I walked back into the audience, unsure whether or not that had all actually happened. I had a few people ask me after the show what she smelled like (have no idea) and what she looked like (gorgeous, even under the heavy stage makeup). A big thank you to the various people who filmed the performance and put it on YouTube, as I don't know whether I could have convinced people that night was real otherwise.

The show itself was absolutely fantastic. Although I missed 'Whatever You Wanna Do', 'Feelin' So Good' and 'Do It Well', the setlist was extremely well paced and buoyed the audience from song to song without any lags. The highlights for me were definitely the whole Bronx section, particularly 'All I Have' and 'I'm Real', 'Hold It Don't Drop It', 'Goin' In' and 'Papi'. The meet and greet afterwards was very quick and I said nothing intelligible, but Jennifer was very sweet and met me with a chirpy 'hello again!' She said it was 'cool' that I was coming to the second Sydney show as well and sure enough she recognised me in the crowd the following night (as did the guy shooting for her DVD and one of the ushers!) I got to say hi to Gilbert after the show on Saturday too and take a picture with him, which was exciting seeing as it was almost ten years ago that I first saw him perform in Sydney with Christina Aguilera.

Those two nights were truly remarkable. Jennifer's music was a huge part of my adolescence and a lot of my teenage memories are accompanied by fond recollections of each new single and album release. I can still remember the first time I saw the 'If You Had My Love' video clip on TV, the store I was in when I saw the CD single and taping the performance of it on the Blockbuster Awards on an old VCR. To be up on stage singing that song with her over a decade later is a new memory that I will cherish forever. What was probably just part of the show for Jennifer meant the world to me and I hope I was able to express that to her with sincerity.

x

Dec 21, 2012#122

Here are some of the best shots I took from the shows.

Friday 14 December

x

Contributor

Dec 21, 2012#123

OMG Congrats! :woot You are so lucky! :bow

Intro to Jenology

Dec 21, 2012#124

Saturday 15 December

x

20K2,682
                                                  Admin
                                                  20K2,682

Dec 21, 2012#125

OMG congrats on singing with Jen!!! I would've been a wreck! Lol

Read more posts (26 remaining)