Master of Jenology

Dec 02, 2012#776

The twins have been traveling since they were babies so I think they are used to it by now....besides it's not like they have to stick to a schedule or anything, they can rest or play whenever they want!

46K3,606
    Admin
    46K3,606

Dec 02, 2012#777

lol, yeah, it's the easiest on them! They don't have to do anything at a set time.

I think it has only been very recently that they have traveled through many time zones. Now they are waaaay ahead of LA time. 9 AM on Sunday in LA and 1 AM Monday in Kuala Lumpur!

I have always figured that Jen did movies instead of tours because she made more money for less work, lol. I don't know how she gets paid - a flat fee, or what - but remember that the US leg had major sponsors and Jen has done appearances for her sponsors in many other countries. The most recent was Audi in Dubai. Plus, there's merchandise revenue.

The tour must have massive expenses, with the private jet, dancers, full band, masseuse, she has her make-up artist and hairstylist on tour with her, not to mention the crew, all the rigging, transporting, fuel, etc.

It's possible the movie deal is worked in there, too.

I have no doubt that they worked it out in such a way where everyone is making money, haha.

Billboard has reported a lot of the dates, not just the US ones. I'll update it today.

Dec 02, 2012#778

OK think I posted all the sales figures we have. Total revenue for the 32 dates reported is $29,391,873. There are 79 dates total and only 10 more to go. :D

Contributor

Dec 02, 2012#779

JenRox wrote:OK think I posted all the sales figures we have. Total revenue for the 32 dates reported is $29,391,873. There are 79 dates total and only 10 more to go. :D

that's it? i guess that's not bad a for her first tour right?

46K3,606
          Admin
          46K3,606

Dec 02, 2012#780

It must be good, because the vast majority that were reported were the US dates which were sold out, except for 1.

13K3,068
            Doctor of Jenology
            13K3,068

Dec 02, 2012#781

And the tickets didn't come cheap lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 02, 2012#782

JenRox wrote:OK think I posted all the sales figures we have. Total revenue for the 32 dates reported is $29,391,873. There are 79 dates total and only 10 more to go. :D

Well! that's what I mean, they have reported only 32 out of a total of 69 dates!!

They need to report all the 69 dates so people can see the REAL revenue so far!

46K3,606
                Admin
                46K3,606

Dec 02, 2012#783

jlover4eva wrote:And the tickets didn't come cheap lol

LMAO, no kidding! %)

Yeah, I don't know who reports and how it works. :shrug It took a while for the US dates and they came in 2 batches.

Master of Jenology

Dec 03, 2012#784

So the tour will prob make like 75 million. No way the tour expenses would come close to that. Prob will be like 10 million

Master of Jenology

Dec 03, 2012#785

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:

that's it? i guess that's not bad a for her first tour right?

This is very good dear RuRu.She will make more money than Britney's or Katy's last tour. This will end up with 75-85 Million dollars which will make her get between 10-15 in the Alltime Female Biggest Tours.

I read somewhere here someone mentioning that the next tour should have higher prices. REALLY? Prices were indeed high mostly everwhere. I paid almost R$ 500 for a ticket, i think this is expensive, no? I believe they should try bigger venues in some cities that it was sold out on next time.

16K4,305
                      Contributor
                      16K4,305

Dec 03, 2012#786

hmm thats okay. But thinking that US tour was with Enrique, i doubt that this can be seen as Jen's solo success.
                        I guess the tour will make around 70 (total) and the tour expenses will be around 15 million.
                        We'll probably learn how much Jen earned from this tour next year.
                        I read somewhere here someone mentioning that the next tour should have higher prices. REALLY? Prices were indeed high mostly everwhere. I paid almost R$ 500 for a ticket, i think this is expensive, no? I believe they should try bigger venues in some cities that it was sold out on next time.
                        The prices were really high already, if they'll make it higher next time (i doubt there will be a next time anyway) it wont sell enough. They should make bigger venues for cheaper price.

If Jen'll ever do a world tour like this,i doubt it'll be like this. She'll probably pick 10 places-biggest cities that was sold out

46K3,606
                        Admin
                        46K3,606

Dec 03, 2012#787

Higher prices would be CRAZY, lol. Whoever suggested that should zip it so they don't get ideas, lol.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2012#788

JenRox wrote:Higher prices would be CRAZY, lol. Whoever suggested that should zip it so they don't get ideas, lol.
                            +1. Higher ticket prices would be too much! Some people might take a pass and say "i've already seen her live. Why spend more?" I'm not sure about us JLovers though. lol!

Master of Jenology

Dec 03, 2012#789

my recap of the most memorable night of my life

“Things come to an end, whether we like it or not. Sometimes we want more. We know that we want them for a longer time, maybe even forever. But things like these: moments, instances, chance, and circumstance—they occur fleetingly, subtly, and they end just as unexpectedly as they come. But they were magical, electric; they left you hungry for more.” - Kara Ortega, Philippine Star

After announcing that Jennifer Lopez, hereafter to be known as my Queen, would be doing a World Tour (her first tour in her entire career!), I had hoped against all hopes that she would visit the Philippines to perform. The hope of something as gigantic as your idol coming to your country grew each day. At first, they were rumors. Rumors, then, turned into news. And then, the tickets went on sale.

A fellow JLover and BBJLo member, jlopinoyfan, sent me an SMS that tickets were available. Imagine my excitement! The fact that the VIP section was sold out 45 minutes after being released certainly blighted some of my hopes (why did I have to be asleep at that time, WHY!), but I persisted. I settled for a Patron seat. A VIP seat opening up in a few days didn’t seem like a far-fetched hope, anyway.

Our final seatplan ended up this way:

PATRON SEATS: elmo19 (me), jloaddict, RtothaJO, Syd (one of the administrators of JLO Philippines whose BBJLo username still escapes me)
                              VIP: jlopinoyfan, acelle09
                              UPPER BOX: VHONafide

November 25 – The Day of the Arrivals

After planning on cunning ways to meet Jennifer the day before, she announced her #tweet2meet contest. Everyone went crazy, as you would expect! We waited outside her hotel, but uUnfortunately, none of us got the chance to see her (not yet). We were happy to see her dancers, though.

November 26: The Big Day

Oh, the excitement! Imagine all the sleep I DIDN’T get trying to imagine how it would feel to meet Jennifer. After a ridiculous number of tweets sent over cyberspace, the lucky winners for the #tweet2meet were finally announced. Again, quite unfortunately, no one from the BBJLo family won. I was disappointed, no doubt about that, but I was genuinely happy for the winners, especially since they were also part of the JLo Philippines family. Around 5:00, I met with VHONafide and JLoaddict at a mall near the venue of the concert, then we travelled together to the Mall of Asia Arena and met with the rest of the BBJLo family, along with a multitude of fans who went to see her for the first time.

While we were waiting for the concert to start, I keep on looking for a chance to meet our Queen. (Hey, you never know.) We talked to the dancers, the crew, but nobody could guarantee that we would get to see her. Finally, around 8:30, I saw the man who could make it all happen: Benny Medina, Jennifer’s super awesome manager. I went up and introduced myself, together with jloaddict, Syd and RtothaJO. I can still recall the exact words I said to him: “Hi Benny, I’m Jonathan, elmo19 from Beyond-Beautiful.” Acknowledging my enthusiasm by returning my handshake, he asked where the people were. I told him they were either eating or getting food (which Filipinos are wont to do in concerts, don’t ask me why), or late (again, don’t ask me why). But, I assured him not to worry because the tickets were sold out and all the people would be there in 15 minutes. As he was about to leave, I told him that, although I wasn’t picked for the #tweet2meet, I was still hoping to meet Jennifer. To which he graciously replied (GASP): “Okay, I’ll be at the sound stage. For now, just enjoy the show”. I literally jumped in excitement and shared the fabulous news with my BB friends. OMG.

At exactly 9:00, the most awaited show in my entire life began. At first, we were all cooped up far from the ramp as the bouncers guarded the stage like they were guarding African diamonds. But, my Queen had other things in mind. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! COME UP HERE!” she said. HAH! Like a cheetah after a gazelle, I raced to the centre of the stage. And, I got in! SEEING HER PERFORM WAS PRICELESS! The energy; the power of the performances were beyond amazing. I cannot, for the life of me, describe the divinity that manifested itself there at that time.

Immediately after “Dance Again”, Syd, jloaddict, rtothajo and I came rushing towards the sound stage where Benny “told” us to go, but he wasn’t there anymore. We came running to the right side of the stage, where the backstage was. We saw Beau, took a picture, and asked where Benny was. He told us that he was in the dressing room at the back. But, we didn’t have any access to get in there! It was heavily guarded, too. Luckily Syd knew some of the dancers from the team who opened up for Jen, so they talked for a bit. When they were about to leave, we quickly (and quite cunningly) followed them. We were able to get in, but not RtothaJO and jloaddict, sadly. The guards wouldn’t let them without IDs.

So, Syd and I took our chances as we traversed through the labyrinth of halls. Along the way, we saw people with ‘meet and greet’ stickers (sponsors perhaps?) exit the room, but still no Benny.

And then, a ray of light in the darkness: Antonio. (Antonio is a part of Jen’s security team.) We carefully approached him and told him that we were looking for Benny because he told us to see him after the show.

Antonio went in the room, and after a few seconds, Benny came out. He caught the attention of the local guards and pointed at us (remember the FSG video club scene where Benny pointed to Jen and her friends, THAT’S how it was like). He said: “Let them in; the rest, no”. Ushered by Antonio to the dressing room, there she was. Oh. My. God. She was all smiles! I introduced myself, shook her hands and hugged her. After the first photo, I hugged her again. And then, we asked for another picture. After the second photo, I asked if I could hug her again because I had waited 13 long years for it. She blushed and said “Aww, that’s sweet”, and gave me another hug. After a few more minutes, it was time for us to go. Damnit.

After our brief encounter, we headed back, and the 7 of us got back together. I was on cloud nine. No, cloud ten! Since not everyone got the chance to meet her, we went back to the rump (no pun intended) of the arena and took our chance in seeing her again, hoping that she would notice us. Then, an unexpected thing happened.

A #tweet2meet winner wasn’t able to claim her prize. She was crying hysterically and asked for our help. So, as all good JLO fans do, we helped her out, and even took with us others who weren’t able to get a chance to meet Jen. We all made sure the girl would get her prize. After prodding with everyone in the know, Jen’s concert drummer helped us. He called Lauren, one of her assistants, and so Lauren and Bethalina rushed back inside. After a few minutes, she went out, all smiles, and with a CD and photo in her hands signed by Jen herself. Oh, she got her prize, alright.

After all that, we capped the night by eating at a restaurant nearby. We ate, exchanged stories, and hugged each other as we bade each other farewell.

We are now planning to have a reunion every 11/26 to commemorate this once in a lifetime experience. The 11/26. The.

26K8,905
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              26K8,905

Dec 03, 2012#790

Amazing story. :)

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 05, 2012#791

46K3,606
                                  Admin
                                  46K3,606

Dec 05, 2012#792

Nice! What mag was that in?

Master of Jenology

Dec 05, 2012#793

DELETE PLS

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 05, 2012#794

No idea lol ... This article was on ebay

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 17, 2012#795

Jennifer Lopez says she does not want gifts at Christmas, just waiting to give them

Monday, December 17 at 14:35:02

I love going to buy Christmas gifts for everyone and give away to people to surprise them and see their faces light up and surprise them, that makes me happy, "said the singer last week.

Therefore , she launched "J. Lo's Christmas Gift", in which she asks her fans to donate to her three favorite charities: Boys & Girls Club,L.A. Children's Hospital and the American Red Cross. In return, delivering to two lucky winner tickets for the final concert of their world tour "Dance Again" to be held in Puerto Rico on Saturday.

But that's not all: also pay their airfare and accommodation.

"You do something nice for someone, and they in turn do something good, is giving back in some way,"she said in a telephone interview Friday from Australia, where she would give a concert.

Lopez promoted this competition, which ends Monday on Twitter with #JLOSCHRISTMASGIFT. The singer came to use the site to promote charity to her fans since she became more involved in platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, where she has been most closely observing the responses of the contestants .

"I thought, 'What if every person that twitters me and ask me to follow them donate a dollar?' I have 13 and a half million followers (on Twitter), "She said. "We get a lot of money for those organizations with which are close to my heart."

In part, Lopez chose the Red Cross for its relief work in the wake of the storm Sandy, which destroyed parts of New York, home to the Puerto Rican singer. Lopez has not been able to return to New York since October, where her ex-husband Marc Anthony suffered the ravages of the storm.

My babies (twins Max and Emme 4 years) had to go there and visit their father soon after, but I was a little scared because I did not know how bad things were," she said. "He (Marc Anthony) told me a tree had fallen in her yard and could not stay there because there was no electricity. Know I know how many people were affected, and when you hear the numbers ... you try to give your all to help ".

Lopez will return home for the holidays this year and said she was grateful to make this her first world tour, especially because she was able to spend much of it with her family, so it "has been an incredible year for me"
                                          she said, was an "experience that changed my life," but also acknowledged that it was at times rather tiring traveling to so many places .

So she identifies with Jenni Rivera, "the Diva of Banda" who died on December 8 when her plane crashed while traveling after her concert in Monterrey, Mexico.

"I did not know her personally, but she knew of her. For me, for the simple fact of being on tour, living the same life ,you know what I mean? They are traveling and doing concerts," said Lopez. "She considered herself an entrepreneur, besides being an artist, and had children, and I am sure she was rushing to see her children at that time, so she took the plane at 3:00 am.It's a wakeup call to all ,very tragic. She was very young, too young and had five children. seems to me that it was not her time to die, that's how I feel "

Dec 17, 2012#796

The Bronx Diva talks exclusively about her plans for 2013 and will present a concert in Puerto Rico with Wisin y Yandel

The new day / PUERTO RICO / GDA
                                            14 DECEMBER 2012 - 7:12 a.m.

"Hi, this is Jennifer." You hear can loud and clear, even when the phone call comes from the other side of the world. Hong Kong to be exact, where the concert would be presented as part of a world tour. This month,which will bring to the island to the reggaetoneros Wisin y Yandel the Follow the Leader concert to be held at the Coliseum Jose Miguel Agrelot.

When she takes the stage on 21 and 22 December, Jennifer Lopez will mark the grand finale of Dance Again World Tour while celebrating her return home, 11 years after her first show at the Roberto Clemente coliseum.

It feels great to be back.

"Being able to close my world tour in the country where I did the first show of my career is like the closing of a great circle. It was my idea and we are now waiting for this moment, "said the singer candidly, who said that, at the time, she is coming up with her team a special segment for the show that will be unique for the audience there.
                                            The possibilities of this special set are endless. What we can expect? there are two different shows in one night, it's a collaboration with Wisin y Yandel, with whom she recorded the song and the music video to Follow the Leader single.

"We have a great relationship. Since we got together to do the song, we had good chemistry and they are like my brothers. We had a great time working together and we talked about doing more projects and more music in the new year, "she said on" the Leaders ". A list of collaborations is the most recent addition: the recording with them and Ricky Martin,the Adrenalina cut.

"I also have a great relationship with him. I just saw him in the musical Evita. He is so proud to be in that show. I love him, "said the Puerto Rican star, according to reports, he will end his participation in Broadway to pursue new projects, one of them as a judge of talent program The Voice, Australian edition.

Christmas here and there

While JLo's visit will be only days before Christmas Eve, once completed , the singer will leave for New York to stay with her mom. She won't be enjoying the holidays here, but for a plate of rice and beans, she said, she hasn't eaten for the past few months while traveling around the world to countries like Indonesia, Portugal, Australia, Panama, Buenos Aires and many others.

Short or long, the weather in Puerto Rico is "home".

"It always feels special. My parents were born here. It is a connection that is in my blood ".

That is the same connection that she instills her little Max and Emme, from her marriage to singer Marc Anthony.

"Whenever I teach and do everything (as the tradition of the Day of the Kings). Right now they are at the age where everything theyy see on TV, they want it. So I'm sure they'll be happy with anything they get a gift. They are very excited about Christmas, "shared the star of 43 years.

And JLo, what's on your gift list?

"Working on my next album, number 10 of my career. It will be my big project, "noting that it anticipated Best of 2012 has been precisely the tour ends here.

"It was great because I could share with my children. It's hard work but I have the help of my mom, who travels with me, and my cousins​​. We are calm because they are well. As they say, it takes a team to handle everything, but we do. The tour was also a tremendous opportunity to learn a lot. It was more than a blessing, "said the Bronx diva who, for the moment, did not elaborate on the future of his personal life, particularly, about his relationship with dancer Casper Smart.

3, 2, 1 ... 2013

JLo says that in her spare time she'll get "a massage, relax and watch a movie or TV show and spending time with family" are some of her options to slow down her agenda , for now, seems to start the new year equally loaded with work.

"In January, the movie premiere with Jason Statham Parker. Then I will work on another film and then album. That has me very excited and I'm thinking a lot about the production. But, most of all, this new year I want to continue what I'm doing and, indeed, to live focused on the present and the future ", the protagonist reveals of films like, The Wedding Planner, Maid in Manhattan, The Cell.

Focusing on the future is time consuming. However, reflecting on the past is to remember the sweet morsels of life. Then, after lived and learned, what would you advise the JLo of 20 years ago?

Pause. Repeat the question. Think ...

"I would say: 'Follow your heart, follow your instincts'. Throughout my life I have had ups and downs, but would not change anything. I am very happy with the person I am. It is becoming increasingly better artist, a better person, a better mother ... ", the actress said that among the corporate label or musical diva, prefers to be known as JLo," the artist. "

"I prefer to consider because everything I do, music, movies, my fashion line, perfume ... - everything has to do with the creative side that defines everything I am."

Fourteen minutes later and waited for a meeting in China.We will continue the conversation the next time, when you finally face to face with your boricua audience.

46K3,606
                                            Admin
                                            46K3,606

Dec 18, 2012#797

jenNY88 wrote:
                                              "In January, the movie premiere with Jason Statham Parker. Then I will work on another film and then album. That has me very excited and I'm thinking a lot about the production. But, most of all, this new year I want to continue what I'm doing and, indeed, to live focused on the present and the future ", the protagonist reveals of films like, The Wedding Planner, Maid in Manhattan, The Cell.

Iiiinteresting!!! :D

Master of Jenology

Dec 18, 2012#798

good article.

26K8,905
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                26K8,905

Dec 18, 2012#799

I want to know which movie!!!!! :woot

I hope it's not another romcom/pregnancy movie. lol

46K3,606
                                                  Admin
                                                  46K3,606

Dec 18, 2012#800

I don't mind a romcom, but I'm over pregnancy movies, lol.

Read more posts (49 remaining)