Doctor of Jenology

Nov 27, 2012#176

omg! amazinggg....
    :bow

46K3,605
    Admin
    46K3,605

Nov 27, 2012#177

timmyd2121 wrote:Jen should've taken somebody up since the beginning! lol :p I know it was spontaneous but it could've been a BB'er! lol :p

Eek, no thanks. I want to hear JEN singing, lol.

20K2,682
      Admin
      20K2,682

Nov 27, 2012#178

lol true, we would've missed her beautiful voice but once in a while in a random city...:p

46K3,605
        Admin
        46K3,605

Nov 28, 2012#179

Yup, that works, hahaha. That was my pet peeve with Enrique.

I still want to hear about your M&G, guys!! :D

Master of Jenology

Nov 28, 2012#180

JenRox wrote: I still want to hear about your M&G, guys!! :D
            i am Finishing the article H. hahaha!

Nov 28, 2012#181

JLo Leaves Manila With A Party Hangover

By ANNIE S. ALEJO
              November 27, 2012, 4:52pm

Jennifer Lopez opens the show with all the glitz and glamour worthy of a true global superstar (Photo by Jasper Lucena)
              MANILA, Philippines – Her first headlining tour has finally brought Jennifer Lopez to our shores for the first time all the way from its kick-off show in Panama in June, by way of stops in South America in the same month, Europe throughout late September until mid-November, and its most recent stop in China last Nov. 24. En route to Hong Kong where she will perform in AsiaWorld Arena on the 28th, JLo bids Manila goodbye shortly after her concert via Twitter: “Thank you MANILA! To all the Filipino LOVE!RS who came out tonight...Mahal Kita #untilnexttime #DanceAgainWorldTour2012.”

While the “Dance Again” hashtag has already fallen off the local top trending topics on the microblogging site by now, the dance diva’s message has been retweeted over 2,400 times by her fans on the night following the rousing show—including by celebrities Ruffa Gutierrez, Cristalle Henares and Maja Salvador, among others. Indeed, those who have witnessed JLo’s one-night-only “Dance Again” performance are left with a bad case of dance party hangover judging from the flood of messages, thanks yous and photos her fans have posted online.

“Dance Again” World Tour is practically an overview of JLo’s own career arc. It kicks of with the Old Hollywood Glamour theme, in which JLo is seen on giant monitors prepping up, Broadway style, backstage while a handful of dancers in top hats take the stage. Marking a glamorous entrance, she appears at the top of the set, hoisted by her dancers on their shoulders, in a feathered skirt that she removes to reveal a stunning, sparkling nude couture catsuit by international designer Zuhair Murad—whose new couture creations custom-made for the tour she would wear throughout the night. Here she performs her hits like “Get Right,” “Love Don’t Cost A Thing,” “I’m Into You” and the turn of the millennium party anthem “Waiting For Tonight.”

This part of the concert pretty much harkens back to JLo’s dreams of becoming a “famous movie star” when she was younger, after she landed a part in a 1986 low-budget film “My Little Girl.” Although discouraged by her parents who reminded her that no Latino has ever become successful in that field, the young JLo persisted by joining musicals that toured abroad, landing a backup dancer gig with then famous boy band New Kids on the Block, becoming a regular cast member as a Fly Girl dancer on the US TV show “In Living Color,” and later, even a backup dancer for Janet Jackson. All this before she even appeared in her breakthrough title role on the movie “Selena” in 1996.

After a short interlude featuring her song “Louboutins” and a short video, a boxing ring materializes at the end of the catwalk and soon JLo appears dressed in a flashy boxing cape and an outfit that showcased her killer abs. With a message of perseverance and getting back up when you’ve fallen down, this “Back to the Bronx” segment of the concert lets JLo take her fans back to the beginning of her meteoric rise to success. Singing hits “Goin’ In,” “I’m Real,” “All I Have” and even “Jenny From The Block,” JLo proves that she still got the moves and, despite her glamorous A-Lister persona, the street cred to back it up. As artist and performer she hasn’t forgotten where she’s from—she is still the same girl who wowed the world with a critically acclaimed performance in the movie “Out of Sight” with George Clooney (1998), the albums “On The 6” (1999) and “J.Lo” (2001) and many more.

Another video interlude featuring “Baby I Love U!” marks the transition to the next segment, which she then kicks off invoking “some funk” and emerging in a blue outfit for an energetic performance of “Hold It, Don’t Drop It.” The set slows down here with JLo re-appearing in a flowing drape dress to an acoustic version of “If You Had My Love.” She halts the song to fish out a lady fan from the audience to sing with her on stage, serenading the nervous fan and giving generous hugs after the number.

The segment that most deals with a truly important aspect of her life now, here she delivers a heart-warming rendition of “Until It Beats No More” while a video clip plays on the giant screens behind her showing a rather touching footage with her four-year-old twins Max and Emme. More than a performer, a businesswoman and a global brand name and icon, JLo’s role as a mother to her kids with ex-husband and Puerto Rican star and top salsa artist Mark Anthony is one she clearly cherishes the most.

The last segment is when the party reaches fever pitch. Showcasing her mean skills on the conga, she then launches into “Let’s Get Loud” before doing an on-stage costume change from the glittering suit to a stunning red number. When the song ends, she returns to the edge of the stage to reach out to her Filipino fans and, at one point, drapes a Philippine flag over her shoulder, borrows a camera from the audience and takes a picture of herself with the crowd below as a background. Before she resumes the singing and dancing, she gives a shout out to the beautiful ladies in the audience, as well as all the men in the house then launches into “Papi” and the rousing last number “On The Floor.”

JLo’s performance showcases her strength, marked by her Latin roots and urban influences thus setting her apart from contemporaries, her own idols like Madonna, and even those that have followed her from Rihanna to Lady Gaga. The last part of the concert represents where she is now as an artist—a driving force in entertainment and a benevolent mentor to many that will follow, as seen in her short judging stint on “American Idol” to the talent show “¡Q’Viva!,” among her many endeavors; and as a woman—strong, beautiful, larger than life and an inspiration to many.

Winding the show down with an encore, a buzz-worthy performance the song “Dance Again” finally sees her on stage with her boyfriend, dancer and choreographer Casper Smart. This is JLo looking to the future, ticking off milestones as she brings the year to a close with a handful of show stops in Australia and in Puerto Rico this December.

Even local celebrities could not help but gush about the dance diva. Annabelle Rama, who was in the audience with her busband Eddie and son Raymond, expresses to media partner Bulletin Entertainment how big of a fan she is and thanks concert co-sponsor PLDT Fibr for their tickets. Anne Curtis tweeted not having tickets but later thanks MOA Arena for getting her into the show co-produced by Vista Land. Other celebrities spotted at the show were Kim Chiu, Kris Bernal, Boy Abunda, Sharon Cuneta, among many others. Those that took their elation to Twitter were Isabelle Daza, Divine Lee, Victor Basa, Sarah Lahbati and Richard Gutierrez, to name a few.

It was a show-stopping concert that has become a major highlight of the year. It is also a spectacular fulfillment of JLo’s own promise to her many Filipino fans—whom she sees on Twitter and describes as “supportive and loving”—of giving everyone a “great night” to remember.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/383348/jl ... LVe5oc71Bx

Nov 28, 2012#182

I dont want to flood the thread with pics, so please feel free to browse my picture collection:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 539&type=1

If you are going to get the pics, please acknowledge me (lookin at JLOGreece specifically. LOL)

like the picture that you want, the top likes will be submitted to BB for my article. :) deadline is on Thursday

46K3,605
                Admin
                46K3,605

Nov 28, 2012#183

Here's what the girl that was pulled up on stage told us:

@BBjlo hi! I don't know what happened, I was just one of the adoring fans near the stage, she kept on looking at me everytime I shout I love u @JLo! Next thing I knew she asked me to come up..I'm really Shy but I don't care, its Jlo!!!! Hahaha! It was magical for me! She hugged me really tight!! What a sweet and loving person! :) thanks again! :)

Anna Melissa Dasig ‏@annadasig

Very cool!! :D

Master of Jenology

Nov 28, 2012#184

That girl is so lucky!!!I am so jealous, I wonder if Jenn is gonna keep doing it from now on!!!

Master of Jenology

Nov 28, 2012#185

HisanicBusiness.com

Jennifer Lopez Dazzles in Manila

Nov. 27, 2011

Pop superstar Jennifer "JLo" Lopez showed off her trademark dance moves and wowed a sell-out crowd in her first performance in the Philippines at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City on Monday.

The 43-year-old mother of twins also flaunted her curvaceous figure--including that famous behind--at the Manila stop of her Dance Again World Tour. Spotted at the Arena were a random smattering of celebrities and politicians who braved hellish traffic to watch the Latina superstar, including Megastar Sharon Cuneta; the Gutierrez family of Eddie, Annabel Rama, Ruffa, Richard and Raymond; Anne Curtis; Bea Zobel Jr.; Senators Pia and Alan Peter Cayetano, Antonio Trillanes 4th and Manuel "Manny" Villar Jr., whose real estate and property development company Vista Land was a co-presenter of the concert.

The show began with an opening video of Lopez getting made-up in a fancy dressing room, while singing to Never Gonna Give Up. When she finally materialized onstage, deafening roars engulfed the Arena as she and her coterie of back-up dancers started grooving to one of her early hits, Get Right.

JLo then immediately segued to fan favorite Love Don't Cost A Thing. She wore figure-hugging outfits that heightened the sexuality factor without being too blatantly erotic. She commanded the stage and connected with her audience throughout the show. Laser light effects provided an additional visual factor, particularly on Waiting For Tonight.

A makeshift boxing ring was set-up as JLo did a quick costume change for the next part of the show. She performed Louboutins, and Goin' In. Before this particular set ended, she paid tribute to the Philippines' resilience, comparing the country and its people to one of the "boxers" on the ring who "keeps getting up when he's down."

The woman Forbes magazine named the "World's Most Powerful Celebrity," paid tribute to her humble beginnings in the next segment of the show. "I'm just a simple girl from the Bronx," she cooed as the stage was transformed into a typical New York street scene, with performers dressed in urban attire. She did a medley of her hits including I'm Real, All I Have, Ain't It Funny and one of her biggest hits, Jenny From The Block.

A video interlude featured Lopez with reported boyfriend Casper Smart, who is also one of her back-up dancers, set to the song Baby I Love You. The theme was "funky and love" as the former judge of TV talent show American Idol performed a medley of funky dance tunes including I'm Glad, Brave and Secretly.

She donned a flowy dress and sat down with an acoustic guitarist for a slowed-down version of her very first single If You Had My Love. She then asked a lucky fan to come up and sing the song with her. Reports said that the fan was the road manager of Megastar Sharon Cuneta and pop princess Sarah Geronimo. TV cameras briefly focused on Cuneta singing along to the song, while the fan was up onstage with Lopez.

It was back to the dance hits during the finale set, starting with the big hit Let's Get Loud.

She found time to express her thanks to the audience and commented on the "gorgeous ladies" and "good-looking papis" she found in the Philippines.

Throughout the show, Lopez displayed a naturally effervescent atmosphere and likable charisma, enhanced by her natural good looks. At times, she only had to stand absolutely still and flash a radiant smile to elicit the loudest of screams and applause from the audience. That's real star power.

She ended the show with her recent hit On The Floor, but not before coming back out again to perform her latest single, Dance Again. Confetti rained down on the Arena as JLo said her goodbyes, signaling the end of one of the liveliest, most energetic concerts of the year.

Manila is the 42nd stop of her 55-city Dance Again world tour. Her next stop is Hong Kong.

Distributed by MCT Information Services

Source: (c) 2012 The Manila Times (Manila, Philippines)

Related Stories

1. J.Lo Sees 'Future' in Istanbul 'Flat'
                      2. Latino Celebs React to Obama's Victory
                      3. Butt Job Business Is Booming Among S-curve Social Elite
                      4. Shakira, Rihanna Warned Over Azerbaijan Concerts
                      5. Jennifer Lopez, Successful Entrepreneur, Talks Business, Love, Politics

Master of Jenology

Nov 28, 2012#186

Review: JLo brings glitz, glam in concert

By Shiela Reyes, ABS-CBNnews.com
                        Posted at 11/28/2012 4:20 PM | Updated as of 11/28/2012 4:23 PM
                        Tweet

MANILA, Philippines – She may be an international superstar -- and a diva, at that -- but Jennifer Lopez definitely knows how to connect with her fans as shown in the Manila leg of her Dance Again World Tour at the SM Mall of Asia Arena on Monday night.

Lopez’s first concert in the Philippines drew thousands of fans, who screamed their lungs out and danced in revelry as the Latina star delivered breathtaking performances from start to finish.

While she started the concert an hour late, Lopez still brought her anticipating fans to their feet the moment she made her grand entrance.

With a team of equally energetic backup dancers, Lopez opened her concert with “Get Right” from her "Rebirth" album released in 2005.

Deafeaning sounds and lit up glowsticks filled the arena as Lopez sang and danced her way through her next songs -- the massive hits “Love Don’t Cost A Thing” and “Waiting For Tonight.”

Addressing the animated crowd, Lopez said she feels “very blessed” to finally meet her Filipino supporters personally. “It feels good to be here in the Philippines,” she said.

Back to her roots

In lieu of just delivering her production numbers one after the other, Lopez took time in interacting with the audience, developing a rapport, which many say is the reason she is among the well-loved international artists.

Telling the story of her life -- how she got back up every time she was down -- Lopez shared that she remains the same girl from “the block” despite the success that she has achieved in life.

“Bringing” her fans to the Bronx, the former “American Idol” judge went back to her roots and performed several of her earlier hit songs.

This included a medley of “I’m Real,” “All I Have” and “Ain’t It Funny” as well as the famous “Jenny From The Block.”

Save for the interludes as Lopez changed her outfits, there was never a dull moment during the show and the momentum was kept up throughout the night.

Slow songs

Also among the highlights of the show was when Lopez performed an acoustic and slow version of one of her biggest hits, “If You Had My Love.” Lopez even invited a lucky fan from the audience to sing with her on stage.

Not to break the mood, Lopez performed another song that took on a whole new meaning of unconditional love.

Set against a video backdrop of Lopez twins, Lopez sang “Until It Beats No More” -- living up to the song’s lyrics that she would give her heart to her children until its very last beat.

Encore

Changing to yet another glittery and glamorous outfit, Lopez brought back the fiesta feel to the Arena with songs from her latest album.

With a grand production and a very enchanting set, Lopez performed “Let’s Get Loud,” “Papi” and “On The Floor,” where she showed her incredible versatility as a performer -- shaking her booty and showcasing dance moves while exuding high energy.

The audience flailed their arms and danced along with the singer and then she thanked everyone who came out that night to see her.

The final beats of “One The Floor” was accompanied with fireworks, superb lighting and deafening sounds until the lights went out in the arena.

And as if coming out like a goddess, Lopez descended from the stairs anew for her final number “Dance Again.”

Thrusting like a performer half her age, Lopez danced and danced and danced again along with her backup dancers, including her boyfriend Casper Smart.

Lopez ended the concert in high energy as the audience chanted “J.Lo,” definitely leaving everyone wanting for more.

Master of Jenology

Nov 28, 2012#187

Amazing reviews!!!Phillipines loves Jenn!!

Intro to Jenology

Nov 29, 2012#188

Hello Guys! My name is Syd. I've been a lurker but never posted anything until today. I forgot my first username here so I used the new one I created instead. First Post! :)
                            Jen had a great show here in Philippines. It was a record breaking concert. Jlo is Jlo. Im super blessed to meet her backstage with elmo19 and hugged her 3X with a kiss on the last one :) meeting her in person is a dream come true. I don't even know what to do anymore after that night because i already feel satisfied and fulfilled with my life. This feeling is so different. Never in my entire life I thought to feel this way. BB Philippines Team effort are the best. We've already been preparing weeks before the concert. So happy everything turned out successful! God is good :)

Master of Jenology

Nov 29, 2012#189

2 more pics from my phone

Nov 29, 2012#190

Here's the flag video taken by me:

[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

goosies!

46K3,605
                                Admin
                                46K3,605

Nov 29, 2012#191

Welcome Syd! :D

:lol: i Love how Jen checked the pic to approve it. You were SO close!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 29, 2012#192

^Yes, we were!! The VIP seats were initially placed far from the stage. The bouncers had to let us sit down since there's a "no standing policy" in the VIP area which btw makes no sense since we were all attending a "dance" again concert. lol

It was until Jen said "come on up here" that we all ran towards the stage! lol

Master of Jenology

Nov 29, 2012#193

Music review: At 43, J.Lo can still thrill despite vocal hiccups
                                      BY AMANDA LAGO, GMA NEWS November 27, 2012 8:07pm

Jennifer Lopez’s stardom is such that she needs no qualifiers—a mere three letters from her name are enough to stir the hearts of her millions of adoring fans. Even here in the Philippines, the Latina dancer-singer-actress is everywhere—on TV, perfume ads, DVDs, magazine covers, and most recently, on concert posters and billboards announcing her show which finally happened Monday night.

J.Lo’s Manila show had been hotly-anticipated by her Filipino fans since news of it broke, even more so when the ridiculously high ticket prices were announced. Costing almost P26,000 for VIP seats, and over P2,000 for General Admission, the big question on everyone’s minds was, would the concert be worth it?

That Lopez is an omnipresent superstar, a celebrated triple threat, and former judge of a hit reality show besides didn’t necessarily guarantee an affirmative answer.

In fact, the show was initially slightly underwhelming, starting over an hour late, and suffering from poor acoustics even as the tepid opening acts took to the stage.

And in fact, even as Lopez finally stepped on to the stage to thunderous cheer resplendent in a diamante bodysuit, promptly sweeping the audience away with her sultry energy and perfect execution of such daring choreography, her vocals left much to be desired.

Towards the end of her performance of “Get Right,” which was actually a great choice for an opening song, Lopez seemed to struggle with a faulty mic that left her voice hardly audible in certain parts, even as she segued into “Love Don’t Cost A Thing.”

The second act began with a boxing-themed number with J. Lo emerging in a silver crop top-and-sweatpants ensemble, insisting that she was still that “simple girl from the Bronx” even as she dripped in glitter.

The star’s hard-hitting moves during the second act certainly picked up the pace from the already fiery first part, and the fast-paced choreography clearly compromised Lopez’s ability to belt it out, unfortunately affecting some of her most well-loved hits, “I’m Real,” “Ain’t it Funny,” and “Jenny from the Block.”

Perhaps that’s why the tour is called “Dance Again,”— because while the dancing was flawless from the get-go, the vocals, particularly at the beginning of the show, were not. One certainly expected more from someone who recently starred as a judge on a reality singing show, but then again, even superstars run out of breath sometimes, and the important thing is that they catch it, which J.Lo thankfully did.

By the time J.Lo once again entered the stage in another new costume—a flowing, delicate full-length dress by Lebanese designer Zuhair Murad, who made all her clothes for the show—it was clear that she was slowing it down a bit. After asking the audience’s permission to sit down, she started with an acoustic version of the song that started it all, her debut single from her first ever record, “If You Had My Love.”

As Lopez sang the opening lines, it was evident that she had caught her breath once more, and the soaring voice that many of her fans fell in love with was echoing across the arena, finally, even if it took two acts into the show to do so.

Of course, Lopez didn’t sing the song alone. Not even halfway through, she stopped the band and pulled out one lucky fan from the audience to finish the song with her.

What followed was another flawless vocal rendition of one of her newer songs, “Until It Beats No More,” which was accompanied by a slideshow of Lopez with her kids that, while cheesy and contrived, still managed to highlight the emotion in Lopez’s voice and maybe even made the entire concert more stunning because it reminded the audience of the almost unbelievable fact that the woman who a few moments ago was popping and locking with her abs on full display is actually a 43-year-old mother to twins.

Her interactions with the audience made her even more endearing and the concert more exciting. Aside from singing with a fan, she also took a photo with one of their cameras while wearing a Philippine flag that was thrown onstage around her shoulders. At one point, she asked an audience member an inaudible question, and then announced the answer for the entire arena to hear: “Mahal Kita!”

The concert picked up the pace again for the fourth act, which was preceded by a playful jazz-y number that played on the act’s vintage, cabaret theme and gave the often underrated back-up dancers the time in the spotlight that they deserve.

J.Lo then came out on stage playing a solo on the conga—leaving the audience to wonder what else is there that the multi-hyphenate cannot do—before exploding into a high-octane performance of “Let’s Get Loud.”

And while once again she launched into another series of intense dance moves, the quality of her vocals, were, thankfully, unwavering from that point on so that it was pure fun and definitely worth the expensive tickets even through her performance of “Papi,” which she dedicated to the male audience, down to her closing song, “On the Floor,” all the way to the encore, which was, fittingly, her latest single “Dance Again.”

Despite a rather shaky start, it would appear that the superstar really only needed to catch her breath—as the lights dimmed on stage signaling that the concert was really over, it was the audience who was left breathless as they cheered endlessly and cried out desperately for Lopez to dance again, again. — Photo by Danny Pata/DVM, GMA News

Nov 29, 2012#194

JenRox wrote:
                                        :lol: i Love how Jen checked the pic to approve it. You were SO close!
                                        wait for the next video, H. hahah! :)

yes we were so close. she's within arms reach. i think we're the closest. or are there anyone closer to us?

26K8,905
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        26K8,905

Nov 29, 2012#195

Amazing pics and reviews!

Elmo you rock! :D

Master of Jenology

Nov 29, 2012#196

J wrote:Amazing pics and reviews!

Elmo you rock! :D
                                            Awww. Thanks J.

are we facebook friends? you can see 140 more pics on my account. :)

Nov 30, 2012#197

the 2nd and last philippine flag video

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 30, 2012#198

SC88 wrote:[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

:bow

OMGGGGG IM CRYINGGGGGGGG....so jealous!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 30, 2012#199

hi guys, heres my experience from the Dance Again world Tour in Manila, Philipines.

Finally, it has happened to me right in front of my face and
                                                  I just can not hide it. (ok stop singing) u guys were so right, it is better than of those photos i've seen here in the thread. amazing. she was so beautiful, what i see in the photos is what i get in person. i can tell, i was in front of the cat walk, with elmo19 and gsyyyd, we were singing out loud every single lyrics of all her songs, thats why Jen looked at us a few times :love2 :D the best feeling ever in my life! i caught it on cam, when shes singign IM INTO YOU, she pointed at me and sing "im into you.." :love2 :woot

check it out at 0:16
                                                  [BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

she as alot of energy from the start till the end of the show, she is really beautiful, so sexy and just perfect body. i love it when she smiles, she told us she has goosies too. everybody went wild when she the party section started, not really sure 'coz i cant see the crowd well, since i cant take my eyes off her. she dances very well, hard choreography, thats what other artists dont have, when she performed, she killed in every song. the on the floor intro, was really amazing. i love the fireworks too, all were like wow and its like new years eve already :D i wanna do it again. its worth every penny and sleepless nights and 13yrs of waiting for her. great great great show. i really appreciate that she really reached out for the people, shaking hands, took an audience camera and took photo of herself, our team also throw the philipine flag and she wrapped it around her. amazing. crowd were screaming, nonstop, u cant help but stand from your seat and dance with her songs.

i will never forget this amazing magical experience in my life,she is truly worlds most beautiful. best ever night of my life, i already miss her. :love2

with gsyyd and oliver, (bbers)

jen felt goosies 'coz of the crowd

raising the philippine flag..

took an audience cam..

sorry for the bad photos, lol i cant stop looking at her, she is really amazing. :love2

Master of Jenology

Nov 30, 2012#200

^photos are not bad at all, I love them :love2 You were so close :woot
                                                    Glad you share same experience as most of us when we saw her
                                                    I just wanna see her agian too, we must root for Dance again tour #2 :Bravo:

Read more posts (17 remaining)