Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#76

Danika, are you alive? :lol

46K3,606
    Admin
    46K3,606

Aug 02, 2012#77

danikaheartsjlo wrote:AOmg best night of my life! We make eye contacttwice in jenny from the block and on the floor and smiled her voice is much higher in person full review in the morning plus pics!!!!
      :D :D

Yes, the first time I saw her I was surprised at how young and girly her voice sounds. After so many years of hearing her on TV, it was strange to hear her actual voice. :lol:

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#78

ChristianM wrote:Danika, are you alive? :lol
        No I am dead

Okay first of all omg best night of my entire life forever! I was excited here but i wasnt totally in my full excitement until I got to the concert, i was shaking cause i was in the same building as her! Ahhhhhh! The opening act was okay i guess he sang like 3 or 4 songs one was from his new album coming out in sometime later this year. Enrique was good but he kept flirting with the same girls over and over again! The he brought up some guy with no shirt and sang to him and his friend that was getting married. He asked him if all Minnesotans were like this he said yes, i beg to differ....he talked to them which seemed like 20 minutes finally got back to the show. But then after every song he kept say Thank you Minneapolis...but then he did another song and another song and another song....he finally got off the stage! Then it took them a while to set up Jens set. Finally Jens dancers came out! I got some good pics of that! Side note: everybody smelled like Glowing, there was a heaving scent of it. Oh and is Jen using her tour bus still? Because there was 2 tour buses i was tempted to jump in and catch her but i didnt want to be arrested. But still very tempting! I would guess 70 percent of the people were there for Enrique and 30 percent for Jen. Jen was on Stage from 10:20 to 11:30.

Jen was AMAZING! OMG i almost died when she said, Hello Lovers!. Oh this is where a old lady stepped on my foot, now its bruised and where the people in front of us came, they were all 6'3 at least! Going on, I am pretty sure she did all the songs she normally does! When she was singing Jenny From The Block she looked at me and smiled i smiled and when she looked away i almost died! BTW again it really surprised me when her voice was that high! I got used to it though! I am pretty sure we made eye contact in On The Floor again but i am not sure. :D My phone and ipod took horrible pictures of the first part. They are all on my dads phone. This one girl had a sign she had to be like 8 or 9 had a sign saying, Fan since On The 6. I was just like you werent even born. Anyway jen saw it and said Hi Mama, to her :( Then during the end of one of the songs something was making a weird noise and she was funny about it she was like, What is that crazy sound, I do not like that sound, what was that! Shes funny just the tone of her voice. And honestly When she was talking I wanted to hug her so bad just go up there and give her a big hug. But man security in Minneapolis is one of the best i didnt want to be arrested. She did On The Floor said thank you and good night went off stage...then people started to leave. But she came out for Dance Again but alot of people near me left so I had a good view! But then she left, but they played Feeling so good on the way out! That was the best night of my entire life! I wish i could tell her that! It just was I cried at the end cause it was over :( Oh and she said, People taking off shirts, dancing wild whats wrong with y'all just kidding! She is so beautiful in person!

I got a tank top, a tshirt, waterbottle, tote bag, and the Tour book...thats all my dad would let me get....hmmmph

BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE FOREVER! :D

Aug 02, 2012#79

Here r two pics...... An wow its gotten great reviews!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#80

danikaheartsjlo wrote:
            Oh and is Jen using her tour bus still? Because there was 2 tour buses i was tempted to jump in and catch her but i didnt want to be arrested.
            :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:hug

Glad you had awesome time!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#81

ChristianM wrote:
              danikaheartsjlo wrote:
              Oh and is Jen using her tour bus still? Because there was 2 tour buses i was tempted to jump in and catch her but i didnt want to be arrested.
              :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:hug

Glad you had awesome time!
              I really wanted to! My dad held me back :oops:

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#82

danikaheartsjlo wrote:
                No I am dead

Okay first of all omg best night of my entire life forever! I was excited here but i wasnt totally in my full excitement until I got to the concert, i was shaking cause i was in the same building as her! Ahhhhhh! The opening act was okay i guess he sang like 3 or 4 songs one was from his new album coming out in sometime later this year. Enrique was good but he kept flirting with the same girls over and over again! The he brought up some guy with no shirt and sang to him and his friend that was getting married. He asked him if all Minnesotans were like this he said yes, i beg to differ....he talked to them which seemed like 20 minutes finally got back to the show. But then after every song he kept say Thank you Minneapolis...but then he did another song and another song and another song....he finally got off the stage! Then it took them a while to set up Jens set. Finally Jens dancers came out! I got some good pics of that! Side note: everybody smelled like Glowing, there was a heaving scent of it. Oh and is Jen using her tour bus still? Because there was 2 tour buses i was tempted to jump in and catch her but i didnt want to be arrested. But still very tempting! I would guess 70 percent of the people were there for Enrique and 30 percent for Jen. Jen was on Stage from 10:20 to 11:30.

Jen was AMAZING! OMG i almost died when she said, Hello Lovers!. Oh this is where a old lady stepped on my foot, now its bruised and where the people in front of us came, they were all 6'3 at least! Going on, I am pretty sure she did all the songs she normally does! When she was singing Jenny From The Block she looked at me and smiled i smiled and when she looked away i almost died! BTW again it really surprised me when her voice was that high! I got used to it though! I am pretty sure we made eye contact in On The Floor again but i am not sure. :D My phone and ipod took horrible pictures of the first part. They are all on my dads phone. This one girl had a sign she had to be like 8 or 9 had a sign saying, Fan since On The 6. I was just like you werent even born. Anyway jen saw it and said Hi Mama, to her :( Then during the end of one of the songs something was making a weird noise and she was funny about it she was like, What is that crazy sound, I do not like that sound, what was that! Shes funny just the tone of her voice. And honestly When she was talking I wanted to hug her so bad just go up there and give her a big hug. But man security in Minneapolis is one of the best i didnt want to be arrested. She did On The Floor said thank you and good night went off stage...then people started to leave. But she came out for Dance Again but alot of people near me left so I had a good view! But then she left, but they played Feeling so good on the way out! That was the best night of my entire life! I wish i could tell her that! It just was I cried at the end cause it was over :( Oh and she said, People taking off shirts, dancing wild whats wrong with y'all just kidding! She is so beautiful in person!

I got a tank top, a tshirt, waterbottle, tote bag, and the Tour book...thats all my dad would let me get....hmmmph

BEST NIGHT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE FOREVER! :D

yaaaaaaaaay i m glad you had a great time! :woot :D :D !! i laughed so hard at your comment for that girl's poster!!omg hahahaha so true!hahaha

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#83

Its true though! Im surprised she didnt make a comment.....

Aug 02, 2012#84

I wish there was some way to thank her!

Master of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#85

70% of the people were there for enrique? was the crowd not wild when she came out?

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#86

Oh they were but you can tell Enrique fans from JLo fans! They were loud for jen but they were horribly loud for Enrique

Aug 02, 2012#87

JenRox wrote:
                          danikaheartsjlo wrote:AOmg best night of my life! We make eye contacttwice in jenny from the block and on the floor and smiled her voice is much higher in person full review in the morning plus pics!!!!
                          :D :D

Yes, the first time I saw her I was surprised at how young and girly her voice sounds. After so many years of hearing her on TV, it was strange to hear her actual voice. :lol:
                          Ik! I was expecting it to be like her songs, most of the songs she has arent that high, then theres the I am from the bronx tougher voice! Her voice is high and girly! I am not alone! And hearing interviews, you expect something it just shocked me!

Aug 02, 2012#88

More to come..... :D

16K4,305
                            Contributor
                            16K4,305

Aug 02, 2012#89

why does she say good bye after On The Floor?
                              People start to leave wihtout seeing Dance Again

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#90

Who knows
                                she said
                                Thank you and bye Minneapolis!

46K3,606
                                Admin
                                46K3,606

Aug 02, 2012#91

I don't know why singers do that, but I've seen it more often than not. It's kinda obvious it's not done because the lights stay off.

Nice story! Glad you had fun! :D

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#92

OMG honestly it was the best night ever! Wish she would have done another MN concert though :-) Nothing could ever replace that night!

Uploading pics again!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#93

Wow amazing story!

46K3,606
                                      Admin
                                      46K3,606

Aug 02, 2012#94

Rewviews:

Review: Jennifer Lopez makes a splash at Target Center
                                        By Ross Raihala

Jennifer Lopez performs during a concert at Target Center in Minneapolis on Wednesday evening, Aug. 1, 2012. (Pioneer Press: Scott Takushi)

The biggest star to emerge from the past two seasons of "American Idol" headlined the Target Center Wednesday, Aug. 1. Wait, make that "re-emerge."

Prior to her two-season stint as an "Idol" judge, Jennifer Lopez's career had slumped, with both her film roles and radio hits waning amid increasingly public whispers of her high-diva attitude. "Idol" humanized her, as did her divorce from her third husband, Marc Anthony, which followed a series of gossip-column blind items that painted Anthony in a less-than-flattering light.

The idea of a J.Lo arena tour in 2009 was laughable. Today, not so much. Lopez circa 2012 is a survivor, a still-gorgeous, hard-driving 43-year-old seemingly at the top of her game, with a 25-year-old boy toy (dancer Casper Smart, who also figured prominently in the concert) by her side.

Lopez emerged to a crowd of about 7,000, ushered in by eight male dancers in top hats while dressed like an ethereal sex goddess from a planet populated solely by The Beautiful People. With her flowing hair and multiple costume changes, Lopez felt akin to a 21st century Cher, just with more junk in the trunk. In terms of production values and staging, the show placed her right in there with other current arena divas like Katy Perry and Rihanna, if not quite up to the spectacle of Lady Gaga and Madonna.

Pity about her songs. Lopez has never been blessed with the top-shelf material afforded to many of her peers, and that was readily apparent Wednesday
                                        night. Indeed, most of her tunes are concerned with one of three things: thinking about going to the club, going to the club and actually being at the club. Lopez brought nothing special to songs that, well, weren't anything special in the first place. The closest she's got to a signature number, "Jenny from the Block," remains every bit as ridiculous today as it did when it was a hit 10 years ago. She may have earned (at least) $24 million merely for being more coherent than Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson, but she's still Jenny from the block, y'all!

That said, Lopez proved deft at holding the attention of an arena crowd with a certain giddiness that felt infectious. Her vocals have never been her strong suit, but unlike, say, Britney Spears, Lopez actually seemed to be singing live through much of the show, with backup singers and other trickery bolstering her oft-thin delivery.

Technically speaking, this is a dual-headlining tour, and in some markets, Enrique Iglesias closed the night. Judging by his performance Wednesday, he fits in much better in the warm-up position. Iglesias, 37, doesn't dance and, like Lopez, his singing ability is average, at best. Mostly, he's known for being a smoldering hunk, although he couldn't be bothered to remove his military-style cap. This guy is a sex symbol, but he can't afford a decent weave? Come on, now.

Perhaps aware of his shortcomings, Iglesias trotted out his best-known hits, from the Spanglish smash "Bailamos" to his none-more-sappy power ballad "Hero" to "I Like It," his frothy, fun 2010 comeback hit. He constantly bounced around the stage, slapped palms with fans in the crowd, all while letting his backup singers handle much of the heavy lifting.

Midway through the performance, he stopped the music to pull a shirtless guy from the crowd up on stage. For more than 10 minutes, Iglesias and the dude bantered back and forth, eventually ushering up the guy's friend while making some ill-fated attempts at karaoke, first Rod Stewart's "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" and then Ben E. King's "Stand by Me." While it kind of killed the momentum of Iglesias' show, it developed into a can't-look-away spectacle that was both funny and deeply bizarre.

---

It was a special occasion: the Twin Cities debut of Jennifer Lopez, the one and only J.Lo. Actress, dancer, singer, fashion plate, fashion mogul, Latina icon, "American Idol" judge.

Fans wore heels that were too high, skirts that were too short and spangles that were just right.

To celebrate this momentous concert, the Star Tribune invited three "American Idol" judges -- Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell and Steven Tyler -- to critique J.Lo. and co-headliner Enrique Iglesias on Wednesday night at half-full Target Center.

None of the judges could make it, but we imagined what they might have said after about 75 minutes each of Iglesias, 37, and J.Lo, 43.

Simon: First of all, I'm glad you straightened out the show. All those early reviews complained about the order, and you responded with a prudent move. Frankie J first, then Enrique and closing with Jennifer. That's a good combination: He with the dimples and her with the derriere.

Randy: Jennifer, you brought it, girl. You had all the ambition of a Britney Spears production, but you sure can dance, girl. You should be very, very proud of yourself.

Steven: Whomp bam boom. J. Wow! You took all the advice you give on "Idol" and followed it yourself. You connected with your fans. And with that Catwoman in the crystals outfit, you put the accent on your assets.

Your moves were so hot, you could move in on my block. In fact, ditch Enrique and come join the Aerosmith tour.

Simon: Jennifer, your hair was gorgeous. Your outfits were fabulous. The dancing was absolutely brilliant. That was a very well-conceived Vegas-worthy production. You've gone from Jenny on the Block to Jenny on the Strip. But I have to say something about your voice: It's thinner than Kate Moss. It's small and breathy. Technical vocal enhancements are your best friend.

You fell during the first number and later made fun of it. But that was about as unscripted as you got. Now, Enrique, you were quite spontaneous.

Randy: Yo, listen, Enrique. You rocked the house. And you made it bilingual. Nice. I'd love to get you to do a duet with my girl Mariah Carey.

Simon: You were quite the smoothie, Enrique. You ventured out into the crowd, using fans' cellphones to take their photos, slapping hands, giving hugs. That bit with the two blokes from the audience singing "Stand By Me" and drinking with you onstage was momentarily funny, but it dragged on way too long and destroyed the momentum of your show. I did quite like the way you flirted with that young blonde woman who joined you on the remote stage for "Hero." You must have kissed her five times.

Steven: You dirty dog.

Simon: You clearly connected with the crowd -- all 7,000 of them. But your outfit -- the faded jeans, T-shirt, construction worker boots and Castro cap -- it looked like you were ready to go walk your dog.

Steven: You can come sing "Walking the Dog" with Aerosmith any time. I don't care as much about what you wear. Because you made the women scream. That's all that matters.

She fell?

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#95

Aug 02, 2012#96

JenRox wrote:Rewviews:

Review: Jennifer Lopez makes a splash at Target Center
                                            By Ross Raihala

Jennifer Lopez performs during a concert at Target Center in Minneapolis on Wednesday evening, Aug. 1, 2012. (Pioneer Press: Scott Takushi)

The biggest star to emerge from the past two seasons of "American Idol" headlined the Target Center Wednesday, Aug. 1. Wait, make that "re-emerge."

Prior to her two-season stint as an "Idol" judge, Jennifer Lopez's career had slumped, with both her film roles and radio hits waning amid increasingly public whispers of her high-diva attitude. "Idol" humanized her, as did her divorce from her third husband, Marc Anthony, which followed a series of gossip-column blind items that painted Anthony in a less-than-flattering light.

The idea of a J.Lo arena tour in 2009 was laughable. Today, not so much. Lopez circa 2012 is a survivor, a still-gorgeous, hard-driving 43-year-old seemingly at the top of her game, with a 25-year-old boy toy (dancer Casper Smart, who also figured prominently in the concert) by her side.

Lopez emerged to a crowd of about 7,000, ushered in by eight male dancers in top hats while dressed like an ethereal sex goddess from a planet populated solely by The Beautiful People. With her flowing hair and multiple costume changes, Lopez felt akin to a 21st century Cher, just with more junk in the trunk. In terms of production values and staging, the show placed her right in there with other current arena divas like Katy Perry and Rihanna, if not quite up to the spectacle of Lady Gaga and Madonna.

Pity about her songs. Lopez has never been blessed with the top-shelf material afforded to many of her peers, and that was readily apparent Wednesday
                                            night. Indeed, most of her tunes are concerned with one of three things: thinking about going to the club, going to the club and actually being at the club. Lopez brought nothing special to songs that, well, weren't anything special in the first place. The closest she's got to a signature number, "Jenny from the Block," remains every bit as ridiculous today as it did when it was a hit 10 years ago. She may have earned (at least) $24 million merely for being more coherent than Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson, but she's still Jenny from the block, y'all!

That said, Lopez proved deft at holding the attention of an arena crowd with a certain giddiness that felt infectious. Her vocals have never been her strong suit, but unlike, say, Britney Spears, Lopez actually seemed to be singing live through much of the show, with backup singers and other trickery bolstering her oft-thin delivery.

Technically speaking, this is a dual-headlining tour, and in some markets, Enrique Iglesias closed the night. Judging by his performance Wednesday, he fits in much better in the warm-up position. Iglesias, 37, doesn't dance and, like Lopez, his singing ability is average, at best. Mostly, he's known for being a smoldering hunk, although he couldn't be bothered to remove his military-style cap. This guy is a sex symbol, but he can't afford a decent weave? Come on, now.

Perhaps aware of his shortcomings, Iglesias trotted out his best-known hits, from the Spanglish smash "Bailamos" to his none-more-sappy power ballad "Hero" to "I Like It," his frothy, fun 2010 comeback hit. He constantly bounced around the stage, slapped palms with fans in the crowd, all while letting his backup singers handle much of the heavy lifting.

Midway through the performance, he stopped the music to pull a shirtless guy from the crowd up on stage. For more than 10 minutes, Iglesias and the dude bantered back and forth, eventually ushering up the guy's friend while making some ill-fated attempts at karaoke, first Rod Stewart's "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy" and then Ben E. King's "Stand by Me." While it kind of killed the momentum of Iglesias' show, it developed into a can't-look-away spectacle that was both funny and deeply bizarre.

---

It was a special occasion: the Twin Cities debut of Jennifer Lopez, the one and only J.Lo. Actress, dancer, singer, fashion plate, fashion mogul, Latina icon, "American Idol" judge.

Fans wore heels that were too high, skirts that were too short and spangles that were just right.

To celebrate this momentous concert, the Star Tribune invited three "American Idol" judges -- Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell and Steven Tyler -- to critique J.Lo. and co-headliner Enrique Iglesias on Wednesday night at half-full Target Center.

None of the judges could make it, but we imagined what they might have said after about 75 minutes each of Iglesias, 37, and J.Lo, 43.

Simon: First of all, I'm glad you straightened out the show. All those early reviews complained about the order, and you responded with a prudent move. Frankie J first, then Enrique and closing with Jennifer. That's a good combination: He with the dimples and her with the derriere.

Randy: Jennifer, you brought it, girl. You had all the ambition of a Britney Spears production, but you sure can dance, girl. You should be very, very proud of yourself.

Steven: Whomp bam boom. J. Wow! You took all the advice you give on "Idol" and followed it yourself. You connected with your fans. And with that Catwoman in the crystals outfit, you put the accent on your assets.

Your moves were so hot, you could move in on my block. In fact, ditch Enrique and come join the Aerosmith tour.

Simon: Jennifer, your hair was gorgeous. Your outfits were fabulous. The dancing was absolutely brilliant. That was a very well-conceived Vegas-worthy production. You've gone from Jenny on the Block to Jenny on the Strip. But I have to say something about your voice: It's thinner than Kate Moss. It's small and breathy. Technical vocal enhancements are your best friend.

You fell during the first number and later made fun of it. But that was about as unscripted as you got. Now, Enrique, you were quite spontaneous.

Randy: Yo, listen, Enrique. You rocked the house. And you made it bilingual. Nice. I'd love to get you to do a duet with my girl Mariah Carey.

Simon: You were quite the smoothie, Enrique. You ventured out into the crowd, using fans' cellphones to take their photos, slapping hands, giving hugs. That bit with the two blokes from the audience singing "Stand By Me" and drinking with you onstage was momentarily funny, but it dragged on way too long and destroyed the momentum of your show. I did quite like the way you flirted with that young blonde woman who joined you on the remote stage for "Hero." You must have kissed her five times.

Steven: You dirty dog.

Simon: You clearly connected with the crowd -- all 7,000 of them. But your outfit -- the faded jeans, T-shirt, construction worker boots and Castro cap -- it looked like you were ready to go walk your dog.

Steven: You can come sing "Walking the Dog" with Aerosmith any time. I don't care as much about what you wear. Because you made the women scream. That's all that matters.

She fell?
                                            Oh about that no she was walking in that blue cape thing and tripped on her cape, she didnt fall but it was a close one...i was ready to jump up and save her! :D

Oh and last night wasnt her night...... But this time she was grabbing peoples hands and she almost fell off stage not kidding she would have fallen right in front of me :D

13K3,068
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            13K3,068

Aug 02, 2012#97

mEm wrote:why does she say good bye after On The Floor?
                                              People start to leave wihtout seeing Dance Again
                                              every concert I've been to that happens...it's the Encore! Britney, GaGa, Glee etc They all said goodbye and came out to do a final song!

GREAT recap Danika, so happy you had the best night!

22K4,141
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              22K4,141

Aug 02, 2012#98

Poor Jen! her first fall on this tour! lol

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#99

Well not exactly a fall she just kinda stumbled over the cape.....she also almost got pulled off the stage by a fan.....she just giggled both off though

Intro to Jenology

Aug 02, 2012#100

does she still do BBILU with the casper video? I haven't heard anything about it in a while and Im just curious

Read more posts (32 remaining)