Intermediate Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#476

What did jen mean by the lagacy of the family....Im sorry im just a sophmore in hs

Contributor

Feb 21, 2012#477

sarahnovack1033 wrote:So I am watching this episode again and she is talking to Hector. I didn't notice this last night but u can totally hear the birds that Jennifer and Marc were talking about in El Cantante!
      They're not birds, they're frogs.

These frogs are native to P.R. and called "Coqui's". They are really small, but kinda cute. We call them "coqui's" because at night (when they come out) the male frogs sing "coqui coqui coqui coqui" all night long. It's beautiful, but sometimes annoying, just imagine a billion of them (x2000) singing everywhere. Lol! You do get used to it though.

They usually can be found anywhere near water (no brainer) or cold places, so sometimes I would see them in my grandma's kitchen near the sink (they're creepers for sure ha). Lol! But trust they look small & cute, but you will be petrified if they jump on you cause it feels like an ice cube, no seriously thinking about it gives me chills lol. One time I had the only titty atrack! Don't ask. Let's just say it was a joke gone wrong. :cool:

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#478

^omg that you I was wondering to!

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#479

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
          sarahnovack1033 wrote:So I am watching this episode again and she is talking to Hector. I didn't notice this last night but u can totally hear the birds that Jennifer and Marc were talking about in El Cantante!
          They're not birds, they're frogs.

These frogs are native to P.R. and called "Coqui's". They are really small, but kinda cute. We call them "coqui's" because in the night they sing "coqui coqui coqui coqui" all night long. It's beautiful, but sometimes annoying, just imagine a billion of them (x2000) singing everywhere. Lol! You do get used to it though.

They usually can be found anywhere near water (no brainer) or cold places, so sometimes I would see them in my grandma's kitchen near the sink (they're creepers for sure ha). Lol! But trust they look small & cute, but you will be petrified if they jump on you cause it feels like an ice cube, no seriously thinking about it gives me chills lol. One time I had the only titty atrack! Don't ask. Let's just say it was a joke gone wrong. :cool:

LOL thanks for the clarification I always thought they were talking about birds for some reason!

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#480

^aw its a cute frog!
            :-)

Contributor

Feb 21, 2012#481

^^

Merry Christmas mama! Matter of fact, have them all! O:-)

@Sarah I answered your other question on the previous page. :)

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#482

^ Thanks I just read it. I speak a little bit of spanish but it's hard to do when u are watching a show like this I am glad u told me what she said cuz I was trying to figure that out the other night!

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#483

Wh at did jen mean by the legacy of her family

Contributor

Feb 21, 2012#484

Honestly, Ididn't get to see that part. Otherwise, I would've helped you out with that.

Does anybody have that clip?

Master of Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#485

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jan/28 ... a-20120128

'Q'Viva': JENNIFER LOPEZ, MARC ANTHONY TAKE A GENTLE APROACH

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony aren't harsh toward 'Q'Viva'
                      contestants — or toward each other./ Jennifer Lopez and Marc
                      Anthony are friendly toward QViva contestants,… (XIX Entertainment)

by Gerrick D. Kennedy, Los Angeles Times
                      January 28, 2012

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony wanted their upcoming talent show,
                      "¡Q'Viva The Chosen!," to stand apart from an already cluttered
                      slate of song and dance reality TV offerings.

Instead of judging contestants from behind a panel, spinning around
                      in oversized chairs or rejecting talent with a buzzer, Lopez and
                      Anthony, along with choreographer/creative director Jamie King,
                      traversed Latin America to handpick the talent for "Q'Viva," which
                      premieres Saturday on Univision.

The premise of the series has Lopez, Anthony and King vetting singers,
                      dancers, musicians and artists for a Las Vegas spectacle. The 12-
                      episode series chronicles the multi-country selection process and
                      rehearsals in Los Angeles before a two-hour live finale in April.

During a recent show preview at Soho House in West Hollywood, the
                      question of where "Q'Viva" fits into a landscape of juggernauts that
                      includes "The X Factor," "The Voice," "America's Got Talent" and
                      "American Idol" — where Lopez returned as judge for its 11th season
                      — was quickly answered. In the previewed episode, Lopez assessed a
                      capoeira troupe in Brazil and a malambo group in Argentina, while
                      Anthony ventured into an abandoned warehouse in Colombia to watch
                      salsa caleña dancers.

"Q'Viva" is sparse on tear-stained back stories and public humilia-
                      tions as entertainment — even when Anthony had to pass on a young
                      singer in Nicaragua he did so gently by telling her he didn't know
                      how she fit into the show. Those looking for snarky put-downs or
                      dramatic contestants might be disappointed.

"We're not judges, we're show producers and we're putting together
                      a live show," Anthony stressed to reporters during the recent
                      Television Critics Assn. press tour. "What makes it interesting is
                      we're documenting the process. You don't win anything. You either get
                      cast in the final show, or not."

Though the show is focused exclusively on Latin artistry and culture
                      "Q'Viva's" ambitions don't wholly lie in the Spanish-language
                      market. To strike a more universal appeal, the show was filmed in
                      three languages: English, Spanish and Portuguese. It will also air
                      in 21 countries across major TV networks in North, South and Central
                      America. And Anthony revealed that Fox, home of "Idol," will broadcast
                      the show in English in the spring, but the network has yet to formally
                      announce any plans.

"American Idol" creator Simon Fuller and his XIX Entertainment will
                      distribute the show outside the U.S. with the help of Dutch reality TV
                      show producer Endemol ("Big Brother"/"Fear Factor").

"The English version will have additional footage and will be
                      edited specifically for mainstream TV viewers in the U.S.," Fuller
                      wrote in an email from the set of "Idol." "We're confident that
                      it will find an audience that will be intrigued by the 'Q'Viva'
                      journey, & Jennifer and Marc's quest to put together this
                      spectacular show in Las Vegas.

A source from XIX Entertainment said the show has the potential to
                      reach a global audience of 38 million — this is excluding the U.S.,
                      where Univision is the fifth-largest television network — after adding
                      up the viewers in the other 20 countries slated to see the series.
                      Mexico's Televisa and Caracol TV in Colombia have announced plans to
                      air the series.

13K1,207
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      13K1,207

Feb 21, 2012#486

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#487

lol @ the coqui thing!when el cantante was released i googled tosee what these coquis were and i saw they were frogs!!so cute too!!plus if you have watched "feel the noise " the movie with omarion from nyorican productions when omarion goes to puerto rico to his dad his cousin tells him about the coqui and they even add the sound in one of the songs they record!!

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#488

Ok so I missed last weeks episode...is it worth watching, and if so where can I find it? :-)

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 21, 2012#489

Look through this forum and the video should be in here

14K2,609
                              Admin
                              14K2,609

Feb 22, 2012#490

Canada's TLN to Air Jennifer Lopez-Marc Anthony Talent Series 'Q'Viva'

Feb 21, 2012

Canada's Hispanic and Italian television network, TLN Telelatino, has picked up "Q'Viva! The Chosen," featuring Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.

The station plans to begin airing the new talent series March 3, the same day it debuts on Fox in the U.S.

Lopez and Anthony, who announced last summer they were ending their marriage, star alongside director/choreographer Jamie King.

In the show, the three travel to 21 different Latin American countries to search for artists for a live entertainment program.

"American Idol" creator Simon Fuller is also the mastermind behind "Q'Viva."

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/2012/2/ ... ezmarc.htm

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2012#491

^ yay!so canadians will watch qviva!!so cool that the show gets picked by networks!

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2012#492

I'm Canadian and I watch Q'Viva on Univision :)

Feb 22, 2012#493

I'm Canadian and I watch Q'Viva on Univision :)

Master of Jenology

Feb 22, 2012#494

[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2012#495

\[BBvideo 716,428][/BBvideo]

14K2,614
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          14K2,614

Feb 22, 2012#496

Here on MEXICO we have a release date Finally:

TELEVISA will air "QUE VIVA!" on Saturday March 4th 2012 at 7pm

You think she can come to Mexico to make promo for the show???? she's coming to filming "FOLLOW THE LEADER" right? wow I hope she can mae a press conference

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2012#497

its on this week right?

Master of Jenology

Feb 23, 2012#498

Q'Viva! J.Lo's Hispanic talent show goes to Canada

Gabriel Miramar-Garcia ©RapidTVNews | 23-02-2012

Q'Viva! The Chosen, featuring Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, is taking its "docu-journey" talent show to Canada, courtesy of that country's Hispanic and Italian television network, TLN Telelatino.

The programme calls itself a "first-of-its-kind docu-journey series" showcasing Latin music and dance, which will air in two-hour episodes for five weeks. Created by American Idol creator Simon Fuller, the show follows Lopez, Anthony and director/choreographer Jamie King as they visit 21 different Latin American countries to search for artists for a live entertainment program. The show features stops in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Panama, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Uruguay, Venezuela and the United States.

After travelling the globe, and reviewing talent through a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (product placement alert), the "chosen ones" will be brought to the U.S. to prepare for a starring role in a spectacular finale show that will be a celebration of Latin music and performance arts.

"Q’VIVA is a passion project on so many levels," said Lopez. "It’s really our dream to see it come together. This is about creating a live visual experience about Latin culture, rhythm and dance. I believe that people will be so enlightened, so enriched by this experience."

The channel will begin airing the new talent series on 3 March, the same day it debuts on FOX in the United States.

------ Hope it will be also brodcasted in Europe --------------

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 26, 2012#499

That was kinda cute are u ready to go boss? Ya!
                                                  She’s cute when she is lookin at that soccer guy with her head tilted. LOL at her scream and her trying to do it.
                                                  She’s cute with the little kid! LOL at her head going down with that little facial! She’s cute when she is talking to him to!
                                                  LOL I can’t speak for Marc then Marc really Jennifer I can speak for u! When talking about traveling the countries. Always love the car stuff!
                                                  Oh man this may be one emotional ride.

Master of Jenology

Feb 26, 2012#500

What's the title for "Q' Viva The Chosen" in ENGLISH?

(Checking the listings for next weekend) -

Thnx!

Read more posts (112 remaining)