American Idol Week 3: Audition Rounds

14K2,609
Admin
14K2,609

Jan 29, 2012#1

Wednesday, Feb. 1 Portland Auditions 8-9 pm

Thursday, Feb. 2 St. Louis Auditions 8-9 pm

Sunday, Jan 29th 2012

Madonna's World Video Preview for "Give Me All Your Luvin," Thursday During Idol

In an American Idol exclusive, Madonna will world preview the video for her new single “Give Me All Your Luvin,” featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., during Idol Thursday, Feb. 2 at 8/7c on FOX.

Madonna will release “Give Me All Your Luvin’’ featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. on Feb. 3. The song was written by Madonna, Martin Solveig, Nicki Minaj and M.I.A, and is the first single off of Madonna’s upcoming studio album MDNA, her 12th studio album. MDNA follows up 2008’s Hard Candy, which debuted at No. 1 in 37 countries. “Give Me All Your Luvin’’ was composed by Martin Solveig and Michael Tordjman and was produced by Madonna and Martin Solveig.

This week, American Idol continues with Portland auditions on Wednesday, Feb. 1 at 8/7c and St. Louis auditions Thursday, Feb. 2 at 8/7c on FOX. The countdown is on as judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler hand out the last of the tickets to Hollywood. Some dreams will come true while others come to an end as the hopefuls from around the nation vie for a coveted spot in the Top 24.

http://www.americanidol.com/news/

Master of Jenology

Jan 30, 2012#2

[BBvideo 640,385][/BBvideo]

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 30, 2012#3

Jennifer Lopez Gives an Inside Look at Season 11 of 'Idol'

Read more: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2012/01/j ... z1kyZ8BHcx

"American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez got down to business, telling "Extra's" AJ Calloway about the new season, and revealing that the show will focus mainly on the exceptional singers, rather than the oh-so-bad-but-so-entertaining bunch.

FameFlynet Pictures
        Jennifer explained, "There's a lot of great talent. It's going to be more of a surprise for us than it was last year. This year there's so many talented, big voices. We actually got rid of some really big and great voices during the process because they didn't have great consistency."

During Hollywood Week auditions, many of the mediocre contestants were cut, and Lopez commented, "Honestly, I've never seen anything like it, and I've been watching the show for ten years. I don't know if it was the pressure because the show was so big last year... I don't know what happened, but they were dropping like flies. And you'll see, it was very dramatic and surprising."

J.Lo, along with Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler, keep their judging as objective as possible -- they don't know the contestants' back-stories until after they perform. Lopez said, "When we see the stories, we go, 'Oh man! We cut them!' But I guess what's good about it is that we are just judging them on whether we think they can be an American Idol or not."

When asked who was the bigger diva, her or Steven, Lopez dished, "I'm sure I take a long time to get ready. He takes a long time to get ready too... for a guy. He's always about his outfits and always, like, checking out my jewelry. He's like, 'Where did you get that?' I'm like, 'You have your own jewelry!'"

As far as her Latin "Q'Viva! The Chosen" show she is producing with ex Marc Anthony, Lopez explained, "We've gotten a great response to it. I know it's a great show. It's moving, it's cultural and social, it has so many different layers to it. To see all the countries competing, but still coming out -- rooting for each other... it's a beautiful show."

The Bronx-born diva said she will not be rooting for The New England Patriots come Super Bowl time, saying, "What did I say?! Not the Patriots!"

In other Lopez news, the judge and singer will be a presenter at the 84th Academy Awards on Sunday, Feb. 26.

Catch season 11 of "American Idol," airing Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX.

Read more: http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2012/01/j ... z1kyZ8BHcx

26K8,905
        Doctor of Jenology
        26K8,905

Jan 30, 2012#4

Cool! I can't wait for Hollywood Week and the live shows!!!

Jan 30, 2012#5

From HLN's Showbizz Tonight interview:

Is ‘American Idol’ playing favorites?

By HLNtv.com Staff

updated 2:52 PM EST, Mon January 30, 2012

Showbiz Tonight asks if ‘Idol’ gave Jim Carrey’s daughter a free pass to Hollywood

J.Lo: 'That’s ridiculous. She sang well and we put her through to the next round'

“American Idol” fans might’ve noticed Jim Carrey’s 24-year-old daughter Jane at the recent auditions in San Diego.

She impressed the judges with her rendition of Bonnie Raitt’s “Something to Talk About” and earned herself the hottest ticket in town, a pass to compete in Hollywood! But was there some special treatment given to Jane because of famous father? Jennifer Lopez tells HLN’s Showbiz Tonight, “That’s ridiculous.”

“She should have the same opportunities that anybody has no matter who her dad is,” explains J.Lo. “She sang well and we put her through to the next round, period. That’s how it goes.”

What would’ve happened if Jane’s singing was not up to “Idol” standards? J.Lo says, “We would’ve very sadly [told] her, ‘No, and say hi to your dad for me.’”

Watch the video here:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/01/30/a ... -treatment

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 30, 2012#6

aw great vid!loved that "say hi to your dad for me? thing!!so ADORABLE <3

26K8,905
              Doctor of Jenology
              26K8,905

Jan 30, 2012#7

'American Idol' Producer Wants Barack Obama to Sing on The Show

Updated: Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 6:28 PM EST
                Published : Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 6:28 PM EST

By NewsCore

LOS ANGELES - "American Idol" executive producer Nigel Lythgoe has repeated his request for President Barack Obama to perform on the reality show, after the commander in chief showed off his smooth vocals earlier this month.

Obama sang a sampling of lyrics from Al Green's "Let's Stay Together," at a fundraiser at Harlem's Apollo Theater Jan. 19, eliciting cheers from the crowd and later earning praise when a YouTube clip of the solo went viral.

Now Lythgoe wants the president to show more of his vocal range, singing a duet with Green himself on the FOX TV show.

"@BarackObama we loved your vocal performance so much we'd love to invite you on to #AmericanIdol this Season for a duet with Al Green," the English producer tweeted Friday, then repeating his request Monday.

Season 11 of the singing competition kicked off Jan. 18, with judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler charged with finding America's next big singing star.

FOX TV is owned by News Corp., the parent company of NewsCore.

^LOL that would be great for the ratings! :lol:

46K3,604
                Admin
                46K3,604

Jan 30, 2012#8

LMAOOOO! Maybe Jen will give him a call. She WAS at the White House last Super Bowl, hahaha.

Jan 30, 2012#9

LMAO, she looked annoyed.

20K2,682
                    Admin
                    20K2,682

Jan 31, 2012#10

lol @ Jen's greeting to Jim Carrey.

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#11

Lol!

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#12

Are u guys (Heather and Killa Tila) talking about the extra video or another one?

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#13

sarahnovack1033 wrote:Are u guys (Heather and Killa Tila) talking about the extra video or another one?

I was talking about the vid on J 's post about jim carrey's daughter ...

26K8,905
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            26K8,905

Jan 31, 2012#14

Here's the full Showbiz Tonight interview:

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/20 ... llenge.hln

Jan 31, 2012#15

Fox News interview:

(she also talks about Q'Viva)

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#16

Killa Tila wrote:
                                  sarahnovack1033 wrote:Are u guys (Heather and Killa Tila) talking about the extra video or another one?

I was talking about the vid on J 's post about jim carrey's daughter ...
                                  Ok when I tried clicking on it last night I couldn't get it ro work. I am working now so I will try when I get home!

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#17

J wrote:Here's the full Showbiz Tonight interview:

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/showbiz/20 ... llenge.hln

Jan 31, 2012#18

J wrote:Fox News interview:

(she also talks about Q'Viva)

i found some vids from you tube from the greek moron...
                                      i think it is the same one you posted...

Master of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#19

nice interview. thanks :)

Intro to Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#20

Thanks for the video! She's so cute.

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#21

[accesshollywood]http://www.accesshollywood.com/how-clos ... eo_1382068[/accesshollywood]

[accesshollywood]http://www.accesshollywood.com/jennifer ... eo_1382055[/accesshollywood]

i cant post the vids properly no mater how hard i try... :jensad

btw i m so confused with all these vids posted today so sorry if these have been posted before...

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 31, 2012#22

thanks for the video!

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 01, 2012#23

LOL at the u can't buy goosies comment!

Intro to Jenology

Feb 01, 2012#24

I liked the last two episodes. Things get more interesting.

26K8,905
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  26K8,905

Feb 01, 2012#25

New York Daily News

Fox’s ‘American Idol’ still the top singing show, but is showing its age
                                                    There's less novelty and it's now facing competition from 'X Factor' and 'The Voice'

By Richard Huff / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
                                                    Wednesday, February 1, 2012, 8:00 AM

“American Idol” gave Fox the top two most-watched shows on the air last week.

The good news? The show did so averaging more than 19.6 million for the Wednesday telecast and more than 17.1 million for the Thursday night show.

The bad news?

Both shows are off a couple of million from the same time last season, leaving some to suggest the show is showing some wear.

Brad Adgate, a ratings expert at Horizon Media, suggests it may be part viewer fatigue and a lack of curiosity factor.

This time a year ago “American Idol” generated intense buzz because it was the first year with Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler joining Randy Jackson on the judging panel, replacing Simon Cowell and Kara DioGuardi. (Paula Abdul had left a season earlier.)

The audience remained, of course, but now it seems the Nielsen game has changed just a bit.

Adgate has noted that so far the show is running at its lowest average audience since the first season on the air.

It’s now in its 11th year and has gotten like many other shows that are on that long. Anecdotally, there seems to be less buzz about the winners, or how they fare after the show ends.

Given shows are recapped online in almost real-time fashion, there’s less pressure on viewers to watch the Fox telecast.

“Last year, all the industry pundits predicted the ‘end of days’ for ‘Idol’ sans Simon and Paula,” says media expert Shari Anne Brill. “Somehow the show [despite some drops\] managed to maintain its No. 1 status.”

Indeed, Brill says when it comes to ratings, she tends to focus more on how the show does once it moves into live episodes and the viewers get a hand in the outcome.

“Idol” tends to go through some swings with a big early audience, a dip in the middle, and then an increase near the end when the finalists are whittled down and people can root for players.

Still, the show is showing some wear, and is starting from a smaller base.

What’s unknown is what impact competition in the genre is having on the show. After years of not doing two runs each year of “Idol,” the network picked up Simon Cowell’s “X Factor” and aired it in the fall. The show had two key factors of “Idol’s” past success — namely Abdul and Cowell — though only generated audiences about half the size of “Idol.” (Monday night, Cowell cut judges Nicole Scherzinger and Abdul, along with host Steve Jones.)

NBC also has “The Voice,” a singing competition that did very well last season.

“The 2011/2012 season is a different competition situation because the arrival of both ‘The Voice’ and ‘X Factor’ blunted the uniqueness of the entire competition series genre,” Brill says.

Brill says the show is still the flagship in the genre and she believes it will remain the top-ranked series this season.

Adgate is a little less positive.

“I think it depends on how good the finalists are that will determine if the show can rebound at this point,” he says.

Read more posts (108 remaining)