Healthy Hollywood: Fab Food Friday â€“ Jennifer Lopezâ€™s Stay Slim Secret!
First Published: January 6, 2012 11:40 AM ESTCredit: FilmMagic
NEW YORK., N.Y. -- Thereâ€™s no arguing, Jennifer Lopez is in fabulous shape. At 42, sheâ€™s got a rock-hard body that rivals a woman half her age.
Healthy Hollywood would love to make its New Yearâ€™s resolution to get her abs and legs. Itâ€™s an ambitious goal, but probably one thatâ€™s not going to happen â€“ no matter how hard I diet or exercise.
So, I will settle for the next big thing: advice from Jenniferâ€™s nutritionist, Haylie Pomroy of East West Essentials. She shared with Healthy Hollywood her top five simple (and very doable) tips to getting slim in 2012.
1. Say Farewell To Fat-Free Foods: Avoid fat-free products, such as fat-free yogurt, cheese, and baked goods. These products contain artificial chemicals to make them taste better. These added ingredients can slow metabolism and are typically very high in carbs and sugar. Plus, they can wreak havoc on your skin and hair health.
2. No More Artificial Sweeteners: Avoid all products with artificial sugars such as sugar free sodas, gums and candies. Be wary of products that state they are sugar free, but contain sorbitol, suclilose, aspartame, or splenda. These chemicals actually slow muscle building and reduce calorie burning and get in the way of a healthy lifestyle.
3. Be Sure To Hydrate: Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water each day. So, if you weigh 140 pounds, need to drink 70 ounces of spring water every day. Many teas are dehydrating, but raspberry tea can actually enhance your hydration and give your skin a healthy, plump look.
4. Have Breakfast: Itâ€™s been hailed the most important meal of the day and itâ€™s true! Need to eat a healthy breakfast within 45 minutes of waking up to fire up metabolism. Haylie suggests making a smoothie with uncooked rolled oats, raw nuts, and fruit.
5. Do A January Detox: To get rid of any bad food hangovers from 2011, itâ€™s a must to do a cleanse in January. Haylie created a line of products called Optimal Cleanse and Optimal Fat Flusher, both of which have long term weight loss results because they help to release toxins that can plateau many diets. Jennifer Lopez is a huge fan of the Optimal 5-day Cleanse.
Pretty simple tips, right? And remember, Jennifer Lopez is getting the same diet advice. For more tips and to find out about the Optimal Cleanse, check out