Attention Internet Explorer 8 / Safari Users

Attention Internet Explorer 8 / Safari Users

46K3,606
Admin
46K3,606

Sep 16, 2009#1

Internet Explorer 8

If you are using IE8 and are having problems with posting pictures, using smilies etc with either posts or your signature, you may need to switch to Compatibility View . The developers will be making yuku compatible with IE8, but until then, you may need to use Compatibility View.
    Internet Explorer 8 is a new release and some websites may not yet be ready for Internet Explorer 8. Click the Compatibility View toolbar button to display the website as viewed in Internet Explorer 7, which will correct display problems like misaligned text, images, or text boxes. This option is on a per site basis and all other sites will continue to display with Internet Explorer 8 functionality........
    The Microsoft page linked to above has pictures on how to switch to Compatibility View and how to maintain a list of sites that work better in IE7.

Safari

If you're on a Mac and using Safari, you'll need to change your Yuku settings if you're having problems. To change your settings, go to Account (on the top left) then Preferences (under Settings on the bottom left) and then for Editor Type, try BBCode.

If you're still having problems, please post here or message me.

By the way, Yuku works best with Firefox, so you can also use that. Sorry for the inconvenience!

13K1,207
    Doctor of Jenology
    13K1,207

Sep 19, 2009#2

I am not IE8 or Safari user. I'm using Firefox. But I have some problems with smiles: when I click on smile icon I can see grey background and there's no smiles. They show up after few minutes. It's not my Internet connections, I'm sure. Then what's wrong?

46K3,606
      Admin
      46K3,606

Sep 22, 2009#3

Sorry for the delay!

Umm, to rule out the connection issue, try posting a smiley in this forum and let me know what happens. I changed the default smileys here only. :D

13K1,207
        Doctor of Jenology
        13K1,207

Sep 30, 2009#4

this happens when I click smiley button (I can't even type):

and after 1-2 minutes I see this:

46K3,606
          Admin
          46K3,606

Oct 01, 2009#5

I'll let you know what I find out. :D

16K4,305
            Contributor
            16K4,305

Oct 11, 2009#6

I have this problem for like a month,but i decided not to use smileys anymore lol

46K3,606
              Admin
              46K3,606

Oct 11, 2009#7

With Firefox or Internet Explorer?

16K4,305
                Contributor
                16K4,305

Oct 12, 2009#8

I have Internet explorer.

I checked the link u posted,it tells me to click the 'Compatibility View' toolbar but i don't have any button to click

46K3,606
                  Admin
                  46K3,606

Oct 12, 2009#9

Go to Help, then About and let me know which version you're using.

Oct 18, 2009#10

Just wanted to check in. Are you still having problems?

13K1,207
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      13K1,207

Oct 18, 2009#11

Me not.
                        Btw Heather, I'm using Mozilla FF 3.5.3 now and it's ok here. Earlier I was @ my boyfriend's house... maybe something wrong with his internet connection?

46K3,606
                        Admin
                        46K3,606

Oct 18, 2009#12

Yeah, it probably has something to do with his computer.