An idea

An idea

14K678
Admin
14K678

Mar 11, 2009#1

I have an idea and i think someone else posted here on this forum too. Why don't we create our own Jen Wiki. A new forum part just like the Cover Girl part where you can post all the info about a certain topic and then the topic starter could update the opening post. I also wouldn't mind being an administrator for such part to keep it tidy.

For example a topic about all unreleased tracks, bonus tracks. A topic about the Letterman appearances. Random facts about Jennifer. etc. Topics regarding to the albums incl. working titles, articles leading up to the release etc. Music Videos etc. Fan encounters. This all with links to the regular forums where they can be discussed or where you can find download links. This would be really nice. Combined with access only for People with more then a certain amount of post, cause not every Jen info got to be public.

We post so much useful info, but it gets lost by the number of post posted afterwards.

Let me know what you think of this idea.

46K3,605
    Admin
    46K3,605

Mar 11, 2009#2

Ahh, yes, that was me! I like! We could have a table of contents and then threads for each topic. This could go hand in hand with another suggestion we had for a forum to place all the stats for each album and song.

14K678
      Admin
      14K678

Mar 11, 2009#3

And for the 45th birthday we could hand-out the BB Jennifer Lopez Biography. lol.
        I would love to maintain that part.

20K2,682
        Admin
        20K2,682

Mar 11, 2009#4

Sounds nice.
          Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 12, 2009#5

Sounds AWESOME! We don't have to search on the web for her biography or something. This sould be our re-search.
            Oh, I forgot which prize she won in 199something.. Wait, there are on BB!
            Really great!

14K678
            Admin
            14K678

Mar 13, 2009#6

We could also get some free hosting and use an open source wiki. Like mediawiki and then link it to BB, but that's a bit more complicated

46K3,605
              Admin
              46K3,605

Mar 13, 2009#7

Yeah, I was looking at that, but I would want to limit access to BBers, you know? Because WE know what's up, but others don't necessarily know, lol. I don't want to get random edits like her Wikipedia page, lol.

14K678
                Admin
                14K678

Mar 13, 2009#8

Yeah, i'm sure it's possible, but it will probably get way to complicated when using an open source system. I think a forum like Covergirl would work perfectly. With a set of rules etc.

Isn't it possible to give certain people administrator rights to only one forum. That way only trusted people would be able to edit the pages.

BTW I have so much ideas for this wiki:

- A list of all the photoshoot she did with with small pictures and links to the topics in "Jen in HD" and maybe even to the onlinejlofan.com gallery.
                  - A list of all performances with small pictures and links to the media and Leak forum
                  - A topic for each album with the working titles, anticipation to the release, fake rumors from around that era, tentative tracklistings, the outtakes, links to reviews etc.
                  - A topic for each movie with pictures from the set, promotional posters etc.

46K3,605
                  Admin
                  46K3,605

Mar 13, 2009#9

Yup, we can do all that. We can also limit who can post, create topics, etc. per forum.

It's pretty much a go. We're just waiting for our resident "namer" to come up with a name, lol. Jess has name all of them.

14K678
                    Admin
                    14K678

Mar 14, 2009#10

The Jen-ology Library

46K3,605
                      Admin
                      46K3,605

Mar 14, 2009#11

Ahhh, I think I like that!