46K3,606
Admin
46K3,606

Jun 22, 2007#26

Oh, and fannn, the poll option is still there...right next to "new topic".

Intro to Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#27

i agree with feelingsogood2002!!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#28

Dahk01 wrote: Although some performers like Ciara can really do both at the same time
        Ciara sounds horrible when she sings and dance, I saw her in concert and she shoulda just stuck to the dancing. She performed 'Like a boy' on the Ellen show and I had to turn the channel cause I was embarassed for her. As for Jen I would pay to see an amazing performance like the special effects and her dancing her ass off. When it comes to the slow jams she has to sing those live. I also went to a B. Spears concert awhile ago and she was lip syncing the WHOLE concert!! As long as Jen doesn't do that i'm good

Admin

Jun 22, 2007#29

Ciara sounds horrible when she sings and dance, I saw her in concert and she shoulda just stuck to the dancing. She performed 'Like a boy' on the Ellen show and I had to turn the channel cause I was embarassed for her.
          ditto that! I did the same thing during her performance on some MTV show...so yah pre-recorded live tracks work just fine for me! Although, in the excitement of seeing her live...I probably won't care either way...

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#30

Jen is a performer, so i wouldnt mind if she sing some parts of songs not live...
            but im sure she can do both...but of course in Love Dont Cost A Thing, If U Had My Love, Im Glad & Get Right she can pre-record the songs!

Intermediate Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#31

ok don't get me wrong but definition of a singer is SINGING (LIVE) not PRETEND ...
              ofcourse Puerto Rico was great DANCE-Show... i can forgive thet it wasn't singing live...
              for me Jen is mainly a DANCER...but she can try to dance and sing live...take look at Selena-she was singing live and she was also dancin all the show...and it was perfect...i know that she was actually "moving" not "dancing".... so i think singing live and dancing at the same time would be best thing for me to see

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#32

God for me see her dance the If U Had My Love dancebreak would be the best thing of the world!
                one of the biggest dreams that come true...its not my fave dancebreak, but it made history, now people still remember the silver dress ehehe * a little offtopic *

btw yes PR concert was at 80% in playback!
                few things were live

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#33

if i could only find the today show performance of jen performin 'love dont cost a thing'. she sang LIVE and danced and she sounded soooo good !! she sang it better than the cd ! i wish it was still on youtube.com, it used 2 b, but not n e more. so she can do it, it just has 2 do with comfort factor i guess.

15K5
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  15K5

Jun 22, 2007#34

^ yeah she sounded good on this one and even better on Play but pretty bad on I'm real.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#35

i cant remember how she did on 'im real', i remember she sang that one live 2 tho. i think i remember her soundin good on 'im real' tho. i cant remember

20K2,682
                      Admin
                      20K2,682

Jun 22, 2007#36

She always sings live on the Today Show. At least it seems that way to me. I love her Today performances!
                        Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2007#37

in I'm Real she sounded pretty bad...
                          but in Play and Love Don Cost A Thing she wasnt so bad

Intermediate Jenology

Jun 24, 2007#38

I think she should stick to dancing in the big dance numbers and sing the slow ballads... I really hope she doesn't lip-synch a slow song like she did in the Puerto Rico concert cause at this point in her career that would be embarrassing.

Although Jennifer is actually really good at lipsynching... I think its because she pre-records the tracks to make them sound live which a great idea and she should keep doing that not to make it look blantly obvious.

16K4,305
                            Contributor
                            16K4,305

Jun 24, 2007#39

I would love to see Jen dancing...
                              Singing live + Dance would be better lol

14K2,609
                              Admin
                              14K2,609

Jun 24, 2007#40

I don't care if its Jen. You are a singer, so sing, no matter how bad it is, or get off the stage. I hate that crap. I don't fall for that "I can't dance AND sing!" Um, Broadway performers do. They are trained singers and dancers, just like Jen, and that's where she started. No excuses. She can do it. Prepare for it properly, and she can do it.
                                Agree 100% Jess.

To me there isn't even a choice to sing live or dance. You get paid to sing. You sell albums for singing. If you want to dance fine, but you can't really call yourself a singer if you have to lip sync to put on a good show. I think Jen is really gaining confidence in her singing ability to be able to sing live with a good performance. I don't think she had that before.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2007#41

i mostly think marc is responsible for that. i i think he's really helped her. i dont think he has too much respect for people who lipsynch. so i think he's tryin to slowly get her out of doin that.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 24, 2007#42

^ Agree.

Admin

Jun 24, 2007#43

^ Agreed with Tee and David.

I get the entertainer part, but I don't buy music for its "entertaining" capabilities. The only concert I have ever seen lipsyncing was B. Spears, and I was like 11 so I didn't care, but everything else has been live, and I think its mistakes, goof-ups and imperfections of a live show that give it character and make it something to remember. If I want a canned performance, I'll listen to the CD.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 25, 2007#44

look... see she CAN sing live and do her thing at the same time.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 25, 2007#45

i loved the way she performed "Play" on SNL and love the "love dont' cost a thing" vid

Intermediate Jenology

Jun 25, 2007#46

wow I can clearly hear everyone screaming m. f@ckin song in that performance
                                            Kids are watching Jen

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 25, 2007#47

Yes, she CAN do both!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 27, 2007#48

That Play performance was one of her best performances ever IMO... the vocals were alright, but damn she was so entertaining! and very comfortable...

15K5
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                15K5

Jun 27, 2007#49

^ yeah i agree, it's one of my favorit.

by the way at the NY concert i don't think that the medley was live after 2/3 watch you can notice that.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 27, 2007#50

^ it's not

Read more posts (31 remaining)