14K2,771
Contributor
14K2,771

Mar 02, 2018#326

Ugh again
    Always with projects Im excited about, the ones I couldnt care less about are always happening as planned

Doctor of Jenology

Mar 02, 2018#327

Tbh i never cared about this project and had no intention of watching it. What i do want is for her to film Griselda and cancel that horrid MILF movie and sign on to some superhero film. I would love Jen to play a villain in some DC or Marvel film or a hero.

20K7,828
      Doctor of Jenology
      20K7,828

Mar 02, 2018#328

Not too sad about this tbh.

:D

14K2,616
        Doctor of Jenology
        14K2,616

Mar 02, 2018#329

ANother Big Proyect die !!!!! I was excited for this and the CD Soundtrack

Master of Jenology

Mar 02, 2018#330

What funny and interesting we all know “Shades Of Blue” is ending on Seaosn 3. I mean it might as well because the ratings keep declining. Plus,it was great in the first 2 seasons. I dont Think they should drag it after Season 3. Also if “Bye Bye Birdie” keep declining due to her Alledged crazy “Schedyle”. They might as well don’t move forward with this musical. Stop making everyone think their creating work when it all about a check in their pockets.
            2 movies are being filmed 1/2 was filmed and that was “Second Act”. I wonder What is going to be the 2nd. Last but not least did anyone catch how the article didn’t mention anything about a Spanish Album/English coming out. Has that been delayed as well? Lord have mercy

22K4,145
            Doctor of Jenology
            22K4,145

Mar 02, 2018#331

jenny4life2love wrote:What funny and interesting we all know “Shades Of Blue” is ending on Seaosn 3. I mean it might as well because the ratings keep declining. Plus,it was great in the first 2 seasons. I dont Think they should drag it after Season 3. Also if “Bye Bye Birdie” keep declining due to her Alledged crazy “Schedyle”. They might as well don’t move forward with this musical. Stop making everyone think their creating work when it all about a check in their pockets.
              2 movies are being filmed 1/2 was filmed and that was “Second Act”. I wonder What is going to be the 2nd. Last but not least did anyone catch how the article didn’t mention anything about a Spanish Album/English coming out. Has that been delayed as well? Lord have mercy
              It's totally normal to have the rating decline, but the ratings were very stable between 4-5 mil. I don't feel like they will quit the show, probably another season and it's over.

14K6,347
              Contributor
              14K6,347

Mar 03, 2018#332

jenny4life2love wrote: 2 movies are being filmed 1/2 was filmed and that was “Second Act”. I wonder What is going to be the 2nd. Last but not least did anyone catch how the article didn’t mention anything about a Spanish Album/English coming out. Has that been delayed as well? Lord have mercy
                They said that she’s filming 2 movies this year in 2018, Second act was filmed in 2017.

Master of Jenology

Mar 03, 2018#333

daisylo wrote:
                  jenny4life2love wrote: 2 movies are being filmed 1/2 was filmed and that was “Second Act”. I wonder What is going to be the 2nd. Last but not least did anyone catch how the article didn’t mention anything about a Spanish Album/English coming out. Has that been delayed as well? Lord have mercy
                  They said that she’s filming 2 movies this year in 2018, Second act was filmed in 2017.

What movies could it be?

16K4,305
                  Contributor
                  16K4,305

Mar 03, 2018#334

daisylo wrote:
                    Could be an old article, maybe they just decided to shared it.
                    I also think that one is Second Act, other is probably Mother's I'd Like To movie.

Anyway, it doesn't worry me that they didn't mention Spanish/English album, cuz Jen's team also don't know if the album will be released. No hit single = no album.
                    If Dinero and other song with Bunny will sound similar to Ni Tu Ni Yo / Amor Amor and if they get the same treatment from Jen's team, no smart label would release an album.

14K6,347
                    Contributor
                    14K6,347

Mar 03, 2018#335

jenny4life2love wrote:
                      daisylo wrote:

What movies could it be?
                      Griselda and Mother I'd like to I guess, Deadline also mentioned a movie called "Mary me" with Universal. But then it can be anything we only learned about Second Act like 2 months before they started filming.
                      That said even if they're planning to film 2 she's probably only gonna end up making one, 1 movie 2 years in a row is already huge for her unless one of them is a small role.

Intermediate Jenology

Mar 03, 2018#336

Completely forgot about this.

I wish Jennifer had more of a 'quality over quantity' outlook on her career.... cause she's doing too much and legit nobody is paying attention

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 03, 2018#337

_getfree wrote:Completely forgot about this.

I wish Jennifer had more of a 'quality over quantity' outlook on her career.... cause she's doing too much and legit nobody is paying attention
                          I agree. She might would be locked from the big stuff, but I would rather her flop with quality, than succeed with a garbage song.

Intro to Jenology

Mar 03, 2018#338

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2018#339

Any news about that?

I found this on ASCAP about the musical

LOT OF LIVIN TO DO
                              with Jennifer's name included on the performers list

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/sea ... /420079169

14K6,347
                              Contributor
                              14K6,347

Oct 19, 2018#340

Hopefully it’s canceled she can’t pull off the songs live the one she did in Vegas wasn’t live, imo this would be bad for her career wise.

Master of Jenology

Oct 19, 2018#341

BYE BYE MUSICAL NEVER HAPPENING!

12K11,439
                                  Contributor
                                  12K11,439

Oct 19, 2018#342

daisylo wrote: Hopefully it’s canceled she can’t pull off the songs live the one she did in Vegas wasn’t live, imo this would be bad for her career  wise.
                                    Agree. This is NOT the gig for Ms. Lopez. It would be completely disrespectful to that community that works so hard for her to get up there and lyp every single song. Its cute and acceptable for HER shows but not for a musical. As interesting as I think this would be..she cannot pull this off in the proper way. 

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 05, 2019#343

NBC is no longer moving forward with its planned live version of the musical “Hair.”
                                      “Live musicals are a part of this network’s DNA and we are committed to continuing that tradition with the right show at the right time,” said Paul Telegdy and George Cheeks, co-chairmen of NBC Entertainment. “Since these shows are such enormous undertakings, we need titles that have a wide appeal and we’re in the process of acquiring the rights to a couple of new shows that we’re really excited about.”

“Hair” was originally set to air on NBC on May 19, which would have put it up against a number of other television events, including the series finale of “Game of Thrones.” According to an individual with knowledge of the decision, NBC is not completely abandoning live musicals, but will no longer plan on airing them as regularly as they have in the past.
                                      https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/hair-l ... 203128419/

For those who are familiar with it, is Bye Bye Birdie considered a familiar musical or one with "wide appeal" in the States? If so, this could go either way: NBC trying to make it happen since it´d fit their plans or find completely new shows.
                                      WE.WANT.THE.ALBUM.NOW.

Contributor

Feb 05, 2019#344

“Bye Bye Birdie” does not have a wide appeal, it most likely would not have brought in good ratings, take a look at the outcome of “Rent”.

I don’t see this happening anymore to be honest, there are other things she can do.

23K5,924
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        23K5,924

Feb 05, 2019#345

JLOFANCHRIS wrote: “Bye Bye Birdie” does not have a wide appeal, it most likely would not have brought in good ratings, take a look at the outcome of “Rent”.

I don’t see this happening anymore to be honest, there are other things she can do.
                                          I've only seen the movies, but I feel like BBB has far more appeal than Rent. It can be updated in all kinds of creative ways, and it helps that the songs aren't nails on the chalkboard awful (IMO, ofc). After watching that movie and listening to the music, I don't ever want to hear a song from Rent ever again, in any context.

Sucks that it seems like this won't ever happen, it would've been amazing to see Jen do something like this.

46K3,606
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,606

Feb 29, 2020#346

No, it really doesn’t. It’s from an older era and isn’t really revived often except in community or high school theater.

I don’t like Rent, personally, but Rent was a huge hit and ran for a long time more recently. There’s a tour in the US now too. It is very famous and addresses social issues that are still relevant today but it was a more niche option compared to these world famous titles like Grease, The Sound of Music, etc. Rent is one people most of our ages (early to mid-30s) grew up on, I suppose.

With Bob Greenblatt gone, I really don’t see them doing this kind of stuff anymore.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 29, 2020#347

What is happening with old threads? Is it a glitch?

46K3,606
                                              Admin
                                              46K3,606

May 09, 2021#348

I follow Broadway and there's a rumor that this is back in the works with Jen for this Fall. No idea if it's legit or not but it could make sense to coincide with the reopening of Broadway in mid-September.

Supposedly they want to get Nick Jonas to play Birdie.

Contributor

May 09, 2021#349

Oooooh

20K7,828
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  20K7,828

May 09, 2021#350

I totally forgot about this project.

But is it even possible with the production of The Mother starting in september ??

Read more posts (7 remaining)