Doctor of Jenology
23K5,924

Feb 15, 2018#976

:woot

14K6,346
    Contributor
    14K6,346

Feb 15, 2018#977

One of my favorite Pixar, took them long enough to make the sequel.

Intro to Jenology

Feb 15, 2018#978

I'm so excited for this!! One of my all time favorite animated films!! :woot I hope it lives up to the hype

14K6,346
        Contributor
        14K6,346

Feb 16, 2018#979

this looks beautiful.

23K5,924
          Doctor of Jenology
          23K5,924

Feb 17, 2018#980

Read about that one, excited!

14K6,346
            Contributor
            14K6,346

Feb 17, 2018#981

didn't know Annihilation was a netflix movie, it's not coming out in theater in Europe that sucks.

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Feb 17, 2018#982

Yeah, I wanted to see it on the big screen.

Black Panther wasn't all that great, honestly.

The good: Ludwig Goransson's score mixes tribal music with contemporary trap beats, and it works really well in the film. I listened to it on Spotify as soon as I got home. The movie was really well cast. Wakanda looked interesting, and it was really cool to see all these gadgets and technology that exists in this place. The tone was mostly very serious, which is a nice change of pace for Marvel, seeing as how their movies have become maybe too lighthearted at this point.

The bad: Incredibly cliched writing. There's nothing original or particularly exciting about the story itself. There's also many moments that were very cheesy and hard to take seriously (the poisoning scene at the beginning literally made me cringe). The attempts at humor didn't work for me (I don't find referencing old memes funny or even amusing, sorry). The CGI was probably the worst I've seen in a Marvel movie so far. Couple that with horrible sound design, and you get THIS mess. Parts of this movie honestly reminded me of Halle Berry's Catwoman. Yikes.

All that said, I don't think the movie is awful, and the audience seemed to really like it. I just feel like It could've been something much more special if more thought was put into the script and overall presentation.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 19, 2018#983

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Feb 22, 2018#984

I really liked Black Panthers it's not as good as they're making out to be but it's Top 5 Marvel for me, the cast is fab, music great it has one of the best villain and the fight/action scene that start in the club was epic, then there is some cheesiness but you can't really avoid that I guess and the main character Black Panther is kinda boring not sure if he's like that in the comics but the supporting character make up for it they're badass and fun.

We watched Home again and god this has to be the whitest movie I've ever scene I don't think there is a single non white actor or even cameo in that movie and it's the definition oh Meh, bland story, bland characters I don't understand why Reese did it but she makes some weird choices with her comedies those last few years and she's so much better when she plays unlikable characters.

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Feb 22, 2018#985

Yeah, Home Again wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, but it's still garbage. And it had some of the most awful cinematography I've seen last year, everything looked so fake and sterile, and certain parts were so poorly framed, some of the actor's heads were literally cropped out of the shot. Ridiculous.

I saw Please Stand By where Dakota Fanning plays an autistic girl who writes a script for Star Trek and tries to deliver it to Hollywood in time. It's very generic, almost resembling a TV movie, but definitely not unpleasant to sit trough, and Dakota and Toni Collette are great in it. I guess people into Star Trek will find a lot more to enjoy in this movie than everybody else.

The Death of Stalin: Nobody does political satire as good as Armando Innaucci, and this is another fantastic film from him, and probably his best. The script is phenomenal, all of the actors did an amazing job, and I laughed all the way through, which almost never happens. The way the movie mixed dark comedy and disturbing situations (especially in the last act) reminded me somewhat of Tarantino. It's a lot of fun, definitely check it out.

L'Amant Double (Double Lover): This movie is fucking nuts. I went into it blind, only knowing who directed it, and I had a blast. It's like François Ozon decided he wanted to pay tribute to four different filmmakers at the same time, and the result is interesting to say the least. It's sexy and weird, but also convoluted and over the top, which I didn't really mind, because it only added to its entertainment value. The ending kind of sucks, but up until that point, I was loving it. Definitely not for everyone, but if you're in the mood for something kinky, you can't go wrong with this one.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 22, 2018#986

daisylo wrote:this looks beautiful.

The younger version of Christian Bale :D

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Feb 22, 2018#987

^ I kinda see it..

A couple of interesting trailer.

this has 0% on RT Damn!

23K5,924
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          23K5,924

Feb 22, 2018#988

daisylo wrote:
                            There's something about Saoirse Ronan that makes me feel like she's playing the same character every time. Not to say that she isn't a good actress, and maybe it's just me, but so far, she hasn't shown a whole lot of range.

14K6,346
                            Contributor
                            14K6,346

Feb 22, 2018#989

nixy1991 wrote:
                              daisylo wrote:
                              There's something about Saoirse Ronan that makes me feel like she's playing the same character every time. Not to say that she isn't a good actress, and maybe it's just me, but so far, she hasn't shown a whole lot of range.
                              it looks very similar to Brooklyn she's great in Anna and How I live now

this is 2 years old but very interesting for the Out of sight fans.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 23, 2018#990

daisylo wrote:
                                What's Harlee doing in '92? :giggles

23K5,924
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                23K5,924

Feb 23, 2018#991

daisylo wrote:
                                  nixy1991 wrote:
                                  daisylo wrote:
                                  it looks very similar to Brooklyn she's great in Anna and How I live now

this is 2 years old but very interesting for the Out of sight fans.

Thanks for this! OOS is in top 10, I honestly can't find anything wrong with that movie. They didn't talk about it all that much though. lol

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/unsane

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mute/

14K6,346
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,346

Feb 23, 2018#992

Out of sight is pretty much perfect and has aged so well hard to believe it's 20 years old, when you see what Jen did after that I want to cry, such a waste.

if you're bored an interesting conversation about her career and Out of sight
                                    https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/broa ... 3_43-08_00 there is 2 other about The boy next door and Monster-in-law it's about the good, bad and ugly basicaly, they enjoyed The boy next door for the reason you did

Unsane has 62% not too bad so far, surprised by Mute but I didn't like the trailer, in the same genre I really like Altered Carbon on Netflix.

23K5,924
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    23K5,924

Feb 23, 2018#993

daisylo wrote:Out of sight is pretty much perfect and has aged so well hard to believe it's 20 years old, when you see what Jen did after that I want to cry, such a waste.

if you're bored an interesting (sometimes) conversation about her career and Out of sight
                                      https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/broa ... 3_43-08_00 there is 2 other about The boy next door and Monster-in-law it's about the good, bad and ugly basicaly, they enjoyed The boy next door for the reason you did

Unsane has 62% not too bad so far, surprised by Mute but I didn't like the trailer, in the same genre I really like Altered Carbon on Netflix.
                                      Unsane was at 50 something when I posted it, guess it's going up. Gonna listen to these later, thanks. :D

And yes, OOS is perfect, and I still sometimes think about what could've been if she didn't take route she did. Which I know is a weird thing to complain about, she has done so much great work and has become such a force, but if she had stuck with just acting, can you imagine what a powerhouse she could've been in the film world right now?

14K6,346
                                      Contributor
                                      14K6,346

Feb 23, 2018#994

nixy1991 wrote:

And yes, OOS is perfect, and I still sometimes think about what could've been if she didn't take route she did. Which I know is a weird thing to complain about, she has done so much great work and has become such a force, but if she had stuck with just acting, can you imagine what a powerhouse she could've been in the film world right now?

^ that's exactly what they talk about in the podcast, that they're happy about her success and the fact that she has become such an icon and inspiration for all the young latin girl but they want to imagine an alternate universe where her career took a different direction after OOS and that Soderbergh should have cast her in a strong lead role like he did for Julia Roberts.

23K5,924
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        23K5,924

Feb 23, 2018#995

Listened to that TBND podcast.

I agreed with pretty much everything.

That stupid movie is so much fun, sue me.

14K6,346
                                          Contributor
                                          14K6,346

Feb 24, 2018#996

I was so mad at how bad it was, maybe I would have appreciated it if it was a movie she had done in a between other good work but she hadn’t done a movie in while and she comes back with that..

Feb 24, 2018#997

lmao I finished TBND podcast they almost made me want to rewatch the movie.

Intro to Jenology

Feb 26, 2018#998

35 yrs ago , 1983 : 007 OP (I met Octopussy in UK) , Yentl , MASH ended , He-Man

40 yrs ago , 1978 : Dallas series , John Cazale RIP , Deer Hunter

45 yrs ago , 1973 : Enter Dragon , Bruce Lee RIP , Way we were , Dirty Harry was back in Magnum Force

50 yrs ago , 1968 : Batman series ended , Elvis comeback special , Funny Girl , Where eagles dare , RFK killed , Dion born

60 yrs ago , 1958 : Chris Lee plays Dracula for the first time , King Creole , Sharon Stone/Pfeiffer/JL Curtis/Pat Heaton was born

65 yrs ago , 1953 : Niagara , Gentlemen prefer blondes

85 yrs ago , 1933 : King Kong , tyrant Hitler becomes Germany leader

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 27, 2018#999

daisylo wrote:I really liked Black Panthers it's not as good as they're making out to be but it's Top 5 Marvel for me, the cast is fab, music great it has one of the best villain and the fight/action scene that start in the club was epic, then there is some cheesiness but you can't really avoid that I guess and the main character Black Panther is kinda boring not sure if he's like that in the comics but the supporting character make up for it they're badass and fun.

We watched Home again and god this has to be the whitest movie I've ever scene I don't think there is a single non white actor or even cameo in that movie and it's the definition oh Meh, bland story, bland characters I don't understand why Reese did it but she makes some weird choices with her comedies those last few years and she's so much better when she plays unlikable characters.
                                                  Yeah. Black Panther was pretty good, but I'm not hyping it up so much like others are. Mainly because it isn't my type of movie.

14K6,346
                                                  Contributor
                                                  14K6,346

Feb 27, 2018#1000

:lol:

I still want him and Jen do do something together.

Read more posts (2197 remaining)