14K6,346
Contributor
14K6,346

Jan 26, 2018#951

yup I loved USOT and i'm a big fan of Toni Collette ever since I saw her in Muriel's Wedding, She's getting great reviews and early Oscar buzz for her horror movie "Hereditary" that premiered at Sundance this week.

I always forget about Jennifer's Body I'll check it out.

23K5,924
    Doctor of Jenology
    23K5,924

Jan 26, 2018#952

Oh wow, I just read some of the reviews for Hereditary. *Toni hype intensifies*

BTW, don't bother with The Post. It's one of the most cookie cutter Oscar bait movies I've seen in a while, it was honestly as if Spielberg directed it on autopilot. For a film with this much exciting material to work with, it felt depressingly flat, inconsequential and uninvolving. All of the acting was alright, but hardly outstanding, and Meryl did nothing particularly incredible to deserve her nom, but old people at the Academy love her, so whatever. It's not like any of it matters, anyway. It also features one of the worst pieces of editing I've seen in this big of a Hollywood movie (Meryl Streep on the phone, if you end up seeing it.) It's amateur, YouTube level of editing, and I genuinely LOL'd.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Jan 27, 2018#953

the Post looked pretty boring I'll catch it on TV.

The Florida Project was beautiful, really touching, funny and sad all that without ever feeling forced it was almost like watching a documentary.

Jan 30, 2018#954

Soderbergh shot his new movie on an Iphone..

23K5,924
          Doctor of Jenology
          23K5,924

Jan 30, 2018#955

You can tell it's his style, only with inferior quality. I have nothing against shooting movies on phones, but only if it makes sense for the story (it worked well for Tangerine, and when I watch that movie, I forget it was even shot on a phone after 10 minutes). I'll definitely check this out in theaters, I really want to see how the footage will look on the big screen. What he said about wanting to shoot ALL of his future projects on iPhones kinda worries me, though.

14K6,346
            Contributor
            14K6,346

Jan 30, 2018#956

He said that? That would suck I only read that he won’t be making any studio movies anymore.

The Black Panthers reactions after the first screening got me excited, only huge praise.

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Jan 30, 2018#957

“I think this is the future,” he said. “Anybody going to see this movie who has no idea of the backstory to the production will have no idea this was shot on the phone. That’s not part of the conceit.”

The filmmaker has experimented with digital cinematography for years, going back to 2002’s “Full Frontal,” but found that the iPhone offered unparalleled quality. “People forget, this is a 4k capture,” said Soderbergh, who was long a passionate advocate for the high-end RED cameras. “I’ve seen it 40 feet tall. It looks like velvet. This is a gamechanger to me.”
                You know Christopher Nolan is somewhere reading this and pulling his hair out. :lol

Really excited for Black Panther, I hope Marvel gave Ryan the freedom to do what he wants.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 30, 2018#958

Wait till someone makes a movie on Samsung :ROFL:

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Jan 30, 2018#959

^ I hope he won’t he can’t make a movie like Logan lucky on an iPhone.

Fuck this looks scary not sure I can handle that lol

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Jan 30, 2018#960

OMG that looks incredible! :woot

14K6,346
                      Contributor
                      14K6,346

Feb 01, 2018#961

Oh yeah ! this looks Good!

23K5,924
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        23K5,924

Feb 05, 2018#962

Super Bowl trailers!

Netflix surprise released The Cloverfield Paradox during the game, so you can watch it right now.

And OMG, the Skyscraper trailer is so funny. :lmao

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#963

Sandler will reach bottom sea level with this ''masterpiece'' :ROFL:

Intro to Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#964

I'm very excited for "A quiet place", Emily Blunt always delivers! :woot

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Feb 06, 2018#965

^ excited for Mission Impossible.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 06, 2018#966

lucinda wrote:Sandler will reach bottom sea level with this ''masterpiece'' :ROFL:

He hasn't exactly been all that, but Waterboy still remains iconic. Same thing with Grown Ups 2.

14K6,346
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,346

Feb 08, 2018#967

Feb 08, 2018#968

that's an underwhelming teaser.

loll that looks fun

23K5,924
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      23K5,924

Feb 08, 2018#969

Excited for Venom, I'm glad it's a standalone movie and not part of some big universe.

LOL why is Michelle Williams in everything lately, she's in both of those movies.

14K6,346
                                        Contributor
                                        14K6,346

Feb 08, 2018#970

Not familiar with that character apparently people are mad because Spiderman is supposed to be part of his story but Marvel isn't doing this one it's Sony

23K5,924
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,924

Feb 12, 2018#971

List time!

These are my favorite movies of 2017. Check them out if you haven't.

Honorable mentions:

Get Out
                                            Baby Driver
                                            Spielberg
                                            Thor: Ragnarok
                                            The Shape of Water
                                            Captain Underpants
                                            The Square
                                            Beatriz at Dinner
                                            The LEGO Batman Movie
                                            Professor Marston and the Wonder Women
                                            The Farthest
                                            The Disaster Artist

LMAO that's too many movies but 2017 was just so fantastic.

And here are the ones that killed me inside. Avoid them like the plague.

One of these is not like the others, because it's nominated for a fucking Oscar.

:jenboo

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Feb 12, 2018#972

Good list Colossal ended up being even weirder that I expected but I enjoyed it. I still have a lot of them to see, but Dunkirk, Wind River, Mudbound, Baby Driver, The Florida project, Logan Lucky, Molly's game and Thor would be on my Favorite list.

23K5,924
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              23K5,924

Feb 12, 2018#973

daisylo wrote:Good list Colossal ended up being even weirder that I expected but I enjoyed it. I still have a lot of them to see, but Dunkirk, Wind River, Mudbound, Baby Driver, The Florida project, Logan Lucky, Molly's game and Thor would be on my Favorite list.
                                                You have to see Phantom Thread if you haven't already, it's pretty weird and messed up, and completely different than anything Paul Thomas Anderson ever did before. It's by far his most mature and restrained film, but it still retains all the qualities I loved about his other films. It's really exciting when a filmmaker reinvents himself in such a way.

14K6,346
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,346

Feb 12, 2018#974

nixy1991 wrote:
                                                  daisylo wrote:Good list Colossal ended up being even weirder that I expected but I enjoyed it. I still have a lot of them to see, but Dunkirk, Wind River, Mudbound, Baby Driver, The Florida project, Logan Lucky, Molly's game and Thor would be on my Favorite list.
                                                  You have to see Phantom Thread if you haven't already, it's pretty weird and messed up, and completely different than anything Paul Thomas Anderson ever did before. It's by far his most mature and restrained film, but it still retains all the qualities I loved about his other films. It's really exciting when a filmmaker reinvents himself in such a way.
                                                  oh yeah I'm definitely seeing it it comes out this week over here, Call me by your name and Lady Bird the week after.

23K5,924
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  23K5,924

Feb 14, 2018#975

I went to see Fifty Shades Freed, and it was INCREDIBLE.

Each of these movies were so much fun in their own uniquely stupid way, I honestly don't even regret contributing to their gross. And this one did NOT disappoint. I got such a kick out of watching this "story" play out and watching these actors do their best not to give away how embarrassed they are that they're in these movies, I think I'll even kind of miss them.

The first half of the movie is as boring as the others, Anastasia and Christian fight for a while, then they have the most boring fake-looking, Hollywoodized sex, then they go on vacations together, and all of this kind of keeps happening in circles during the first hour.

But THEN, it turns into this most awful, melodramatic telenovela, and that's where the actual fun starts. There's baby daddy drama. There's a kidnapping. There's a car chase. There's a shooting. And it was so ridiculous, over the top and not even remotely believable, that if Soraya Montenegro showed up, she wouldn't feel out of place at all.

Complete trash. lol But hey, one of the houses in the movie was real nice to look at. Would love to live there.

Read more posts (2222 remaining)