Shakira wins "Best Latin Pop Album" at the Grammys

Shakira wins "Best Latin Pop Album" at the Grammys

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 28, 2018#1

Do you think she deserved it or no? Any thoughts?

26K8,905
    Doctor of Jenology
    26K8,905

Jan 28, 2018#2

Great album.

Shakira's 3rd Grammy. Well deserved! :jenclap

14K2,614
      Doctor of Jenology
      14K2,614

Jan 29, 2018#3

Well Deserved???? This is a Joke
        NATALIA LAFOURCADE álbum it's simply A-R-T !!!!

26K8,905
        Doctor of Jenology
        26K8,905

Jan 29, 2018#4

rafaelsalguero wrote:Well Deserved???? This is a Joke
          NATALIA LAFOURCADE álbum it's simply A-R-T !!!!
          Too many covers. It's not really a "pop album". :coffee

It won the Latin Grammy for Folk Album. A more "traditional" category.

14K2,614
          Doctor of Jenology
          14K2,614

Jan 29, 2018#5

and Shakira too many Reggaetón Cheap Generic Songs, Recycled Song from other eras, and Collaborations for other albums
            You think if Jennifer reléase "EL DORADO" they will give her a Grammy???

26K8,905
            Doctor of Jenology
            26K8,905

Jan 29, 2018#6

rafaelsalguero wrote:and Shakira too many Reggaetón Cheap Generic Songs, Recycled Song from other eras, and Collaborations for other albums
              With songs like Chantaje, La Bicecleta, Me Enamoré and Perro Fiel? YES!

With songs like NTNY, Ax3 + lots of lipsynching? I'm afraid not...

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#7

The tea.

14K2,614
                Doctor of Jenology
                14K2,614

Jan 29, 2018#8

J wrote:
                  rafaelsalguero wrote:and Shakira too many Reggaetón Cheap Generic Songs, Recycled Song from other eras, and Collaborations for other albums

ME enamore? PErro Fiel ?? HAHAHA
                  Are you serious???

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#9

rafaelsalguero wrote:
                    J wrote:

ME enamore? PErro Fiel ?? HAHAHA
                    Are you serious???
                    Perro Fiel was a bop, and El Dorado was a good album, but Grammy worthy? I think not.
                    J wrote:

And Shakira doesn't lip sync a lot?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

26K8,905
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    26K8,905

Jan 29, 2018#10

Not as much as Jennifer :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#11

J wrote:Not as much as Jennifer :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
                        Btw Jen has also did NTNY & AAA live (she lipsynced them only in the Calibash shows)

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#12

Btw, I didn't forget that time when Shakira lip-synced her World Cup performance, and she made Selena Gomez sound like Aretha Franklin. :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
                          chrisjlover wrote:
                          Btw Jen has also did NTNY & AAA live (she lipsynced them only in the Calibash shows)
                          Spilling the tea.

26K8,905
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          26K8,905

Jan 29, 2018#13

chrisjlover wrote:
                            That's true. But the voting members of the Academy only watch televised performances I think. The 4th of July performance was pretty good.

The thing is... Jen has a bad reputation when it comes to singing live. That's why I want her to sing live more often (on TV). No pre-recorded vocals. Just her and her background singers. Then maybe people will take her more seriously as a singer.

22K4,141
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            22K4,141

Jan 29, 2018#14

J wrote:

Sis... Shakira released an album full of her featurings... her album isn't that original.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#15

I think that Shakira deserves this Grammy. She played her cards right to get this, it didn't just happen for her.

1) The album actually had popular singles;
                                Chantaje (US Latin songs #1 for 11 weeks, Spain #1, Germany #20), Me Enamore ( US Latin Songs #4, Spain #3, France #13), Perro Fiel (US Latin Songs #6, Spain #3)

2) Really strong streaming of the singles
                                Chantaje - Over 2billion Youtube views
                                Me Enamore - Over 500 million YouTube views
                                Perro Fiel - Over 400 million YouTube views

3) Respectable Chart positions and sales
                                US Latin #1
                                Spain #2
                                France #4
                                Italy #12
                                US #15

4) A world tour to accompany the album.

5) Relatively positive reviews

If Jen had similar success and acclaim with her album she might actually get a nomination. But thanks to her neglect of NTNY and AAA it's not looking likely.

14K2,614
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                14K2,614

Jan 29, 2018#16

So the Grammy its about Charts or Quality??

12K11,431
                                  Contributor
                                  12K11,431

Jan 29, 2018#17

Why are y'all so mad at Shakira? She is way more successful musically than Jen is and she deserves it.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#18

Crazy4JenL wrote:Why are y'all so mad at Shakira? She is way more successful musically than Jen is and she deserves it.
                                      Oh, yeah! She can't carry a note, but she's so successful, she deserves it. Success doesn't equal talent one bit.

Jan 29, 2018#19

CosTaSsSs wrote:
                                        J wrote:

Sis... Shakira released an album full of her featurings... her album isn't that original.
                                        Spill the beans!

And La Bicicleta (while not on the album) was accused of being plagiarized. Plus, she's always lip syncing.

Doctor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#20

rafaelsalguero wrote:So the Grammy its about Charts or Quality??
                                          This is the proof that charts matter most lately. This album winning in that category is a joke. It’s a shame she wins with such mediocre material when she used to record, mature and deep music years ago (eg. Fijación oral).

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#21

LoveJennyLo wrote:
                                            This is the proof that charts matter most lately. This album winning in that category is a joke. It’s a shame she wins with such mediocre material when she used to record, mature and deep music years ago (eg. Fijación oral).
                                            Now that I think about it, you're right. Laundry Service was really good, and if any of her material deserved a Grammy or two, it was that era, and possibly her earlier stuff. Now, she's just basically producing stuff that you can hear from any other Latin artist of today. The charts have mattered the most overall, not just in that category. She's won like 15 or 16 Grammys. She might would be worthy of 1 or 2, but more than Gloria Estefan? More than Celia Cruz? More than Jenni Rivera (though, she's won none)? Come on.

Master of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#22

Ni tu ni yo and amor are mo better songs than shakiras singles, but just because they didn t chart good it makes them bad songs?

How funny is this forum sometimes.

Shakira can be great, but this must be her
                                              Worst album to date.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 29, 2018#23

Lol at y'all acting dumb. Everyone here knows how the game works. Charts don't determine Grammys, but it does help determine what's on their radar. The stuff Jen has been releasing has been on no award shows radar. Do u think if desposito was a flop it would be getting nominated for anything?

I can't believe that some of you are actually trashing her vocal ability when every other fan base does that to Jen.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 30, 2018#24

Dan#jlofan wrote:Lol at y'all acting dumb. Everyone here knows how the game works. Charts don't determine Grammys, but it does help determine what's on their radar. The stuff Jen has been releasing has been on no award shows radar. Do u think if desposito was a flop it would be getting nominated for anything?

I can't believe that some of you are actually trashing her vocal ability when every other fan base does that to Jen.
                                                  Except that a lot of us fans know that J.Lo isn't the best singer in the world. For the other fans of her and other fan bases, they're quite deluded. Saying that Shakira deserves Grammys due to success is like saying Jake Paul is the G.O.A.T. Haven't you figured out that Grammys don't define talent?

Bachelor of Jenology

Jan 30, 2018#25

The simple answer is both.

Read more posts (23 remaining)