Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 28, 2017#1151

Mille Backer wrote:Shakira's El Dorado was nominated for Grammy Awards (Best Pop Latin Album), I hope the JLO's album gets the same and also some Latin Grammy... Not wanting to downgrade, but the Shakira album is not good and she even put on the tracklist a lot of music that she is the guest artist!
    My question is, how much did Shakira pay for that Latin Grammy nomination? Then again, she's not getting those nominations based off of talent alone. She gets them due to popularity and success.

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 28, 2017#1152

I really cant understand how latin ppl prefer shakira over jlo . That s insane

12K1,502
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K1,502

Nov 28, 2017#1153

Shakiras never been a thing or a IT girl in the UK so shes never really been a thing to me but why do people get angry with shakira lol she’s never dissed jennifer or anything so i don’t understand the saltyness towards her she caters to the Latin Audience more than jennifer is that why? Lol

Shakiras been in the game musically alot longer then jennifer to

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 28, 2017#1154

true i don't mind shakira. i just don't like it when her fans come after Jen

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 28, 2017#1155

moejlo wrote:I really cant understand how latin ppl prefer shakira over jlo . That s insane
            I think it's because Shakira is Colombian, belly dances, and speak Spanish. Plus, they probably think Shakira is more likable than J.Lo. However, I think that J.Lo is a much better vocalist.

Nov 28, 2017#1156

selena lopez wrote:Shakiras never been a thing or a IT girl in the UK so shes never really been a thing to me but why do people get angry with shakira lol she’s never dissed jennifer or anything so i don’t understand the saltyness towards her she caters to the Latin Audience more than jennifer is that why? Lol

Shakiras been in the game musically alot longer then jennifer to
              True. But I believe there was something that happened at the World Cup that added fuel to the fire. It's her fans that have to degrade other artists to lift her up. That's what bothers me. I love Shakira's music, just not her fans.

Nov 28, 2017#1157

RLO wrote:true i don't mind shakira. i just don't like it when her fans come after Jen
                Agreed.

22K4,141
                Doctor of Jenology
                22K4,141

Nov 29, 2017#1158

It's just that Shakira has always released Spanish songs in her entire career, she even started with this. On the other hand, Jennifer is not a native speaker, and she mostly had latin influences in her songs. Besides CAUM, she has shown interest in the Spanish music since Follow The Leader and Andrenalina. This time she can built some loyal fanbase, however she will need a third single with either Nicky Jam or Maluma to make more native speakers listen to her songs.

Master of Jenology

Nov 29, 2017#1159

Sooo,,,,, when do the fans have any news on speculations on this damn album!!!??!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1160

I'm disappointed in Sony Music Latin for not pushing the album. Jen and her team are sleeping on "Amor Amor Amor"; they could have easily put the single out, given it a promotional push and put the album out a few weeks later. Now, we're like going to either get a third single from the album, or we'll get a new lead single, while "Amor Amor Amor" and "Ni Tú Ni Yo" will be downgraded to promotional status only.

22K4,141
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      22K4,141

Dec 03, 2017#1161

Nothin On Me wrote:I'm disappointed in Sony Music Latin for not pushing the album. Jen and her team are sleeping on "Amor Amor Amor"; they could have easily put the single out, given it a promotional push and put the album out a few weeks later. Now, we're like going to either get a third single from the album, or we'll get a new lead single, while "Amor Amor Amor" and "Ni Tú Ni Yo" will be downgraded to promotional status only.
                        There's no point to make these promotional singles. Besides, it may help her release a third single before the album drops. She doesn't have a strong latin audience following her, she needs to build this and in my opinion she needs to release three singles before the album. It's not an English album... it's a Spanish one. In my opinion the songs are doing good for what they are.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1162

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                          moejlo wrote:I really cant understand how latin ppl prefer shakira over jlo . That s insane
                          I think it's because Shakira is Colombian, belly dances, and speak Spanish. Plus, they probably think Shakira is more likable than J.Lo. However, I think that J.Lo is a much better vocalist.
                          Personally I think the reason why Shakira is played much more on radio stations is because people prefer her unique singing voice and that gives the songs she sings their own personal style. The same with people like Rihanna, Britney Spears, the tone in their voice is very unique and instantly recognizable. You may not agree on a personal level, but should probably recognize that we as fans instantly recognize Jen's voice because of that... we're fans... anybody pretty much anywhere except those who don't listen to mainstream music could recognize their voices.

I love Jennifer's music, and her singing voice, but her voice isn't that unique, she doesn't have a style that really makes people instantly recognize her, except for when she has her hit songs like 'if you had my love', 'waiting for tonight', 'love don't cost a thing', 'jenny from the block', 'all i have', 'get right', 'on the floor'.... just an observation I made throughout the years that I've been a fan. Not downing Jennifer's voice at all, but those voices are simply unique and instantly recognizable.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1163

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
                            QueenCedar101 wrote:
                            Personally I think the reason why Shakira is played much more on radio stations is because people prefer her unique singing voice and that gives the songs she sings their own personal style. The same with people like Rihanna, Britney Spears, the tone in their voice is very unique and instantly recognizable. You may not agree on a personal level, but should probably recognize that we as fans instantly recognize Jen's voice because of that... we're fans... anybody pretty much anywhere except those who don't listen to mainstream music could recognize their voices.

I love Jennifer's music, and her singing voice, but her voice isn't that unique, she doesn't have a style that really makes people instantly recognize her, except for when she has her hit songs like 'if you had my love', 'waiting for tonight', 'love don't cost a thing', 'jenny from the block', 'all i have', 'get right', 'on the floor'.... just an observation I made throughout the years that I've been a fan. Not downing Jennifer's voice at all, but those voices are simply unique and instantly recognizable.
                            I understand. And you make some good points. I literally thought "If You Had My Love" was by TLC when I was younger and thought that "Ain't It Funny" was by Erykah Badu. I don't know why I did. You took the words right out my mouth about the ones you named having unique singing voices. They don't have great singing voices, but they do have one that they can call their own. See, the songs with autotune make her voice less recognizable, but with her fashion and her own pop hits, she does have some of the style that she can call her own.

Intro to Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1164

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
                              QueenCedar101 wrote:

Guys. Shakira is what she is right now just for soccer fifa influence.
                              The futball soccer is the most important thing at all latin american countries and she had performed in 3 closing world cups. She is married with Pique and she is allways envolve in many fifa events.
                              In another point she is smart. Always is working with the artist that are doing great at the moment.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1165

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
                                QueenCedar101 wrote:

I understand. And you make some good points. I literally thought "If You Had My Love" was by TLC when I was younger and thought that "Ain't It Funny" was by Erykah Badu. I don't know why I did. You took the words right out my mouth about the ones you named having unique singing voices. They don't have great singing voices, but they do have one that they can call their own. See, the songs with autotune make her voice less recognizable, but with her fashion and her own pop hits, she does have some of the style that she can call her own.
                                Right! They really don't have great singing voices but they are unique sounding. I have been slowing really hating those songs where they autotune Jen's voice to pieces... like "Ryde or Die"... I like the song but it barely sounds like her! They have her doing runs that you know for damn sure she can't do. I have so much more love for her voice in "Let it Be Me", because you can't tell they barely touched her voice, and if they did, it's barely recognizable. She does runs that fit her voice. But when it sounds unnatural like that it's like ugh... I used to love the song "Tu" off "Como Ama Una Mujer", but during the chorus when she is repeating "Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"... it is so autotuned, I almost cringe every time I hear it. I'm just like.... for why??? I even like how she sings "Hold it Don't Drop It" live, but when she starts singing those ad libs in the live version compared to the finish track, it's like night and day. I just wish she got with someone who actually cared about her real voice instead of trying to make her sound like something she is not.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1166

alexliveitup! wrote:
                                  FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
                                  QueenCedar101 wrote:

Guys. Shakira is what she is right now just for soccer fifa influence.
                                  The futball soccer is the most important thing at all latin american countries and she had performed in 3 closing world cups. She is married with Pique and she is allways envolve in many fifa events.
                                  In another point she is smart. Always is working with the artist that are doing great at the moment.
                                  See, that was what I was pointing out in my earlier comments. She's basically still relevant, because she's working with the biggest names in Latin music right now. Her performing at those World Cups and South America being her native home is what gives her so much popularity in those countries.

Dec 03, 2017#1167

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
                                    QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                    FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
                                    QueenCedar101 wrote:

Right! They really don't have great singing voices but they are unique sounding. I have been slowing really hating those songs where they autotune Jen's voice to pieces... like "Ryde or Die"... I like the song but it barely sounds like her! They have her doing runs that you know for damn sure she can't do. I have so much more love for her voice in "Let it Be Me", because you can't tell they barely touched her voice, and if they did, it's barely recognizable. She does runs that fit her voice. But when it sounds unnatural like that it's like ugh... I used to love the song "Tu" off "Como Ama Una Mujer", but during the chorus when she is repeating "Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"... it is so autotuned, I almost cringe every time I hear it. I'm just like.... for why??? I even like how she sings "Hold it Don't Drop It" live, but when she starts singing those ad libs in the live version compared to the finish track, it's like night and day. I just wish she got with someone who actually cared about her real voice instead of trying to make her sound like something she is not.
                                    I see. I think the who "Rebirth" album was autotuned, and I'm not a fan on how much it altered her natural voice. I'm not a big fan of the song "Tu", but I love most of the other songs on CAUM. I think Stevie Mackey isn't doing a bad job on helping her voice get better. Not as bad as Britney's instance, where she had a good voice, but the record label ran her over and ruined her voice terribly.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1168

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                      FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
                                      QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                      FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:

I see. I think the who "Rebirth" album was autotuned, and I'm not a fan on how much it altered her natural voice. I'm not a big fan of the song "Tu", but I love most of the other songs on CAUM. I think Stevie Mackey isn't doing a bad job on helping her voice get better. Not as bad as Britney's instance, where she had a good voice, but the record label ran her over and ruined her voice terribly.
                                      They really did fuck her voice up. I see those videos of her when she was a lot younger, even on the Mickey Mouse club. SHe had a fantastic voice, but like you said they ruined her. Hopefully Jennifer will finally be able to showcase a natural sounding voice in future albums. Her voice sounds good on the newer Spanish songs, doesn't sound autotuned but the song choices are kinda blah to me personally... even tho I have a guilty pleasure for "Ni Tu Ni Yo"...

Master of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1169

So what will be a potential 3rd Single Under “Por Primera Vez”?

A Tu Lado ft Nicky Jam
                                        Que Se Jordan
                                        Mirate

In my opinion so far “Ni Tu Ni Yo” & Amor Amor Amor” have nothing but didn’t get the chart success it could of had if it was promoted right. So this album fate is going to be a scary one. I think She should release one last season to open 2018 in Jan/Feb with a Carribean/Dance Track and not only release it but promote it in the venue she has this Jan and Vegas. Have Dancers and visuals like crazy less storylines and give high energy like On The Floor.
                                        Didn’t she say “Que Se Jordan” is a monster track? Or was it “A Tu lado”? If she meant that Que Se Jordan a song Marc didn’t care for but she love the message of it release it. Great message people can relate to for those who don’t approve of people relationship great for Valentine’s Day. Thoughts???

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1170

The 3rd single will probably be A Tu Lado.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1171

chrisjlover wrote:The 3rd single will probably be A Tu Lado.
                                            im betting on it. only cuz she shared snippets of on instagram

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1172

I want a ballad for 3rd single. Maybe "Por primera vez" would be the best choice.

Master of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1173

emiliano06 wrote:I want a ballad for 3rd single. Maybe "Por primera vez" would be the best choice.

I think That a wrong route her 2 songs are no where Top10 Latin she need 1 song at least Top5 or Top3 to have some radio play. She already can keep them for promoting in concerts or promos

Master of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#1174

I’m not expecting a 3rd single but if there’s one I hope is not ‘A tu Lado’, it sounds exactly like NTNY and AmorX3, we don’t need a Flop Trilogy.

14K2,614
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  14K2,614

Dec 04, 2017#1175

She needs to give chance to the ballads, You got 2 uptempo singles, now it's time for "MIRATE"

Read more posts (1211 remaining)