Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#26

-"Que Se Jodan" - is a song that "Oscarcito" wrote. Marc was not into it but she liked it - it's a fun song. The song is about how everybody always is always trying to comment on your relationship but they do not matter - " Que Se Jodan" !! LOL! - "Divo" asked this! LOL!
    Lmao out of all the questions I submitted, that’s the one they chose. Well at least one of my questions were picked.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#27

Wow, I'm super excited for these new projects.

14K2,771
      Contributor
      14K2,771

Dec 01, 2017#28

How the heck do you guys listen to this?
        Link posted here doesnt work for me
        On her Facebook she posted a link but then my spotify says no podcasts are available on the viva latino list

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Dec 01, 2017#29

Speak that Oscar into existence, Jen.

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

Dec 01, 2017#30

Thanks for the recap, she’s a bit naive about the Oscar thing and her last accolade was something she did over 10 years ago, it will happen if she does good and interesting work constantly not with what she does right now.

23K5,924
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,924

Dec 01, 2017#31

Oh so she's working on a movie musical (ish) finally. That's exciting.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#32

She did get a bit of acclaim for SoB, and I'm sure she'll get a lot from the Griselda movie, I honestly can't wait for her upcoming projects!!

20K7,821
                Doctor of Jenology
                20K7,821

Dec 01, 2017#33

Oh this woman ... now she will be directing too.
                  Queen !

23K5,924
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  23K5,924

Dec 01, 2017#34

I'm terrified about her directing. lol I hope she starts small, direct an episode of one of her shows, or better yet, a music video, just to try it out first. It wouldn't be smart to go directly into feature films. It's ridiculously hard work, and it takes up a ton of time.

14K6,346
                    Contributor
                    14K6,346

Dec 01, 2017#35

nixy1991 wrote:I'm terrified about her directing. lol I hope she starts small, direct an episode of one of her shows, or better yet, a music video, just to try it out first. It wouldn't be smart to go directly into feature films. It's ridiculously hard work, and it takes up a ton of time.
                      Yeah It’s harder than what she think, she said many times that it would be easier to direct a music video than a movie which is ridiculous.

12K1,502
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      12K1,502

Dec 01, 2017#36

So the Head of the Academy actually called jennifer and said she should of been nominated that’s pretty fucking awesome and people say the industry doesn’t respect her!

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Dec 01, 2017#37

She didn’t get any nominations at the other smaller awards event before the Oscars 0 how did she think she had a chance ? But she knows the movie has to be good too which wasn’t the case here that’s why they didn’t bother watching it.

12K1,502
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          12K1,502

Dec 01, 2017#38

daisylo wrote:She didn’t get any nominations at the other smaller awards event before the Oscars 0 how did she think she had a chance ? But she knows the movie has to be good too which wasn’t the case here that’s why they didn’t bother watching it.
                            But like she said the head of the academy called her and said she should of been given a nomination! It was a small film that’s probably why!

23K5,924
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,924

Dec 01, 2017#39

daisylo wrote:
                              nixy1991 wrote:I'm terrified about her directing. lol I hope she starts small, direct an episode of one of her shows, or better yet, a music video, just to try it out first. It wouldn't be smart to go directly into feature films. It's ridiculously hard work, and it takes up a ton of time.
                              Yeah It’s harder than what she think, she said many times that it would be easier to direct a music video than a movie which is ridiculous.
                              I assume you meant the other way around, and yeah, I don't see how she got that impression, considering she's done countless of both. Directing MVs can't be easy, but it's nothing compared to directing movies. Directors spend a year, year and a half working on one film, depending on scale of the project. No director will ever say it's easy. I hope she'll take it step by step.

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Dec 01, 2017#40

Yup sorry she said it would be harder to direct a Music video she said it more than once over the year pretty odd..
                                Most actors who start directing start taking courses they don’t just use what they saw on set plus she didn’t had the best exemples in her career this last decade, but yeah she should definitely start with an episode of SOB or the Fosters

12K11,426
                                Contributor
                                12K11,426

Dec 01, 2017#41

Easily one of her best interviews and finally we hear so many new things and not the same crap over and over. I found that whole part when she talked about Puchi and the head of the Academy personally calling her a bit strange. She didn't get ANY recognition for that role and not one single nomination - sounds crazy at that point that they would even have an Oscar on their mind. Seems as if she's not slowing down anytime soon and is just adding 100 more projects to her plate...some of them seem interesting.

I hated how she said her Vegas show is too perfect to change. While I agree that is a great show, she should switch is up a bit. Wish they asked about her possibly touring again...

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#42

I've only seen part of that interview, but it was really good. I love her! She seems down to Earth, caring, and so nice. Hearing her voice and laugh just soothes me inside. And in all honestly, she was snubbed for that nomination. That was one of her best performances IMO. She also should've gotten an Oscar for "Selena". I know Oscars don't really mean that much, but i feel like she's very underrated as an actress. For her to be closer to an Oscar nomination, she needs to do more serious stuff, and not rom-coms like "Second Act". I mean, I know she's doing SOB and Griselda, but I really do think she deserves an Emmy or at least a nomination for SOB. When I heard she was doing Griselda, I had a feeling that she could a nomination from one of the biggies if she did well enough.

Dec 01, 2017#43

Crazy4JenL wrote:Easily one of her best interviews and finally we hear so many new things and not the same crap over and over. I found that whole part when she talked about Puchi and the head of the Academy personally calling her a bit strange. She didn't get ANY recognition for that role and not one single nomination - sounds crazy at that point that they would even have an Oscar on their mind. Seems as if she's not slowing down anytime soon and is just adding 100 more projects to her plate...some of them seem interesting.

I hated how she said her Vegas show is too perfect to change. While I agree that is a great show, she should switch is up a bit. Wish they asked about her possibly touring again...
                                      Yeah. it is pretty shocking how they would ever consider nominating her, considering what has happened. She should've gotten one for "Selena". She'll have to start acting in more serious roles before she gets it. Then again, Cher didn't win her first Grammy until more than 30 years into her career and Sylvester Stallone just won his first Golden Globe after 30 years, so it's not impossible for her to get a nom.

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#44

Great interview, finally! I love to hear her plans and behind the music. Really something fresh, we've already heard enough about how she stays fit and how different boy & girl twins are :lol.
                                        I hope she'll do Superbowl next year, do you think JT will bring her as a guest since he praised her Celia tribute and they've been seen together few months ago?

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#45

daisylo wrote:Yup sorry she said it would be harder to direct a Music video she said it more than once over the year pretty odd..
                                          Most actors who start directing start taking courses they don’t just use what they saw on set plus she didn’t had the best exemples in her career this last decade, but yeah she should definitely start with an episode of SOB or the Fosters
                                          Where she said that?

Intro to Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#46

chrisjlover wrote:
                                            daisylo wrote:Yup sorry she said it would be harder to direct a Music video she said it more than once over the year pretty odd..
                                            Where she said that?

In The Reel Me interviews with Sway. She never said directing a movie would be easy. Just that a music video is all about visuals whereas a movie is more about emotions. She'd have an easier time making people feel something with a film than creating unique and exciting visuals in a MV.

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Dec 01, 2017#47

jennylover83 wrote:
                                              chrisjlover wrote:
                                              Where she said that?

In The Reel Me interviews with Sway. She never said directing a movie would be easy. Just that a music video is all about visuals whereas a movie is more about emotions. She'd have an easier time making people feel something with a film than creating unique and exciting visuals in a MV.
                                              She said more recently and not that a movie would be easy but that a music video would be harder.

Master of Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#48

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:From this podcast "Viva Latino" that premiered today on Spotify, .
                                                Thanks you for the recap !!
                                                This interview is the best thing in a lot of time! she has lots of promising projects

Intro to Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#49

nixy1991 wrote:Oh so she's working on a movie musical (ish) finally. That's exciting.
                                                  yeah most exciting news i heard.. she is designed and born to absolutely slay a movie musical

Intermediate Jenology

Dec 01, 2017#50

Nothing about English music?

Read more posts (29 remaining)