Taylor Swift's new album "Reputation" released / #1 in almost everywhere

Taylor Swift's new album "Reputation" released / #1 in almost everywhere

16K4,305
Contributor
16K4,305

Nov 10, 2017#1

So i decided to give her a chance since i liked "Look What You Made Me Do" song and the video.
    The album is not for my taste, but its not bad.

I only liked "End Game" , "Delicate" and "Dancing With Our Hands Tied"

I'm sure she's gonna break records again... she makes it look so easy lol.

Album: reputation

iTunes:
    #1 United States
    #1 United Kingdom
    #1 Antigua and Barbuda
    #1 Argentina
    #1 Armenia
    #1 Australia
    #1 Austria
    #1 Azerbaijan
    #1 Bahrain
    #1 Belarus
    #1 Belgium
    #1 Belize
    #1 Bermuda
    #1 Bolivia
    #1 Brazil
    #1 Brunei Darussalam
    #1 Bulgaria
    #1 Cambodia
    #1 Canada
    #1 Chile
    #1 Costa Rica
    #1 Cyprus
    #1 Czech Republic
    #1 Denmark
    #1 Dominican Republic
    #1 Ecuador
    #1 Egypt
    #1 El Salvador
    #1 Estonia
    #1 Fiji
    #1 Finland
    #1 France
    #1 Germany
    #1 Ghana
    #1 Greece
    #1 Guatemala
    #1 Honduras
    #1 Hong Kong
    #1 Hungary
    #1 India
    #1 Indonesia
    #1 Ireland
    #1 Israel
    #1 Italy
    #1 Japan
    #1 Jordan
    #1 Kazakhstan
    #1 Kenya
    #1 Kyrgyzstan
    #1 Laos
    #1 Latvia
    #1 Lebanon
    #1 Lithuania
    #1 Luxembourg
    #1 Macau
    #1 Malaysia
    #1 Malta
    #1 Mauritius
    #1 Mexico
    #1 Moldova
    #1 Mongolia
    #1 Namibia
    #1 Netherlands
    #1 New Zealand
    #1 Nicaragua
    #1 Nigeria
    #1 Norway
    #1 Oman
    #1 Panama
    #1 Papua New Guinea
    #1 Paraguay
    #1 Peru
    #1 Philippines
    #1 Poland
    #1 Portugal
    #1 Qatar
    #1 Romania
    #1 Russia
    #1 Saudi Arabia
    #1 Singapore
    #1 Slovakia
    #1 Slovenia
    #1 South Africa
    #1 Spain
    #1 Sri Lanka
    #1 Sweden
    #1 Switzerland
    #1 Taiwan
    #1 Thailand
    #1 Trinidad and Tobago
    #1 Turkey
    #1 Ukraine
    #1 United Arab Emirates
    #1 Uzbekistan
    #1 Vietnam

Doctor of Jenology

Nov 10, 2017#2

So many #1s wow

23K5,924
      Doctor of Jenology
      23K5,924

Nov 10, 2017#3

I listened to it earlier, and by the time it finished I felt really exhausted. I appreciate that she's trying out different things, but the production is so abrasive, it was like being assaulted by sound for 50 minutes. Also, the dubstep-ish beats sound really stale and dated now, is she trying to bring that back or something? Because I remember that stuff being huge for like two years in 2011 and 2012.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 10, 2017#4

All those #1s :bow
          I'll listen to those songs mEm liked, I never listen to her full album.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 10, 2017#5

Taylor’s team is doing a great job. Well done for someone with very little talent. :clap

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 10, 2017#6

Wow

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 10, 2017#7

pitbulljlo wrote:Wow
                And she did all that without any singing talent? Impressive. Taylor is living proof that you can have no talent and still slay the charts. I should do that. Go Taylor! :rockon :bow

22K4,141
                Doctor of Jenology
                22K4,141

Nov 10, 2017#8

There were few songs that were pretty good, but still she's way too overrated.

14K2,614
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  14K2,614

Nov 10, 2017#9

OVERRATED !!!

Master of Jenology

Nov 11, 2017#10

Really?
                      This is to much more than anyone expected about her... and more after the last "poor" video.

12K11,426
                      Contributor
                      12K11,426

Nov 11, 2017#11

For the life of me I don't get the obsession with her..but congrats to her

Intro to Jenology

Nov 13, 2017#12

Taylor has grown up as an artist. It's her best album by far. She's a very talented girl and totally deserves all this success.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 13, 2017#13

BRUSTER wrote:Taylor has grown up as an artist. It's her best album by far. She's a very talented girl and totally deserves all this success.
                            “Very talented girl”
                            “Totally deserves all this success”

Are you sure about that? Taylor has good songs, but can not sing to save her life. She has some songwriting chops, but her music now is very generic. There are much more talented people out there, even those not even on YouTube.

Intro to Jenology

Nov 14, 2017#14

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                              BRUSTER wrote:Taylor has grown up as an artist. It's her best album by far. She's a very talented girl and totally deserves all this success.
                              “Very talented girl”

Are you sure about that? Taylor has good songs, but can not sing to save her life. She has some songwriting chops, but her music now is very generic. There are much more talented people out there, even those not even on YouTube.
                              Exactly the same things people tell me about Jennifer Lopez :coffee

Master of Jenology

Nov 14, 2017#15

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                “Very talented girl”

I think you shouldn't say that, if you post something like this on another forum with a JLo pic on your avatar you would be dragged to hell ... People says exactly the same things about JLo... "she can't sing and her music is very generic now". JLo doesn't have the best voice but i know she can handle some notes and has improved a lot through the years, but thats it. Having say that, her songs had become generic after Love? too, so your point is invalid here.

I have Taylor as an avatar but i follow J.Lo's since i can't even remember, so i know what people think about her. I know it's your opinion but you can't associate a huge voice with sucess anymore, just look the kind of songs that are out there.

Taylor is a very smart girl and has one of the best team behind her. Her music always connect with people and she sings about her own fields, so that's why she has such success.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 14, 2017#16

BlowAway wrote:
                                  QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                  “Very talented girl”

I think you shouldn't say that, if you post something like this on another forum with a JLo pic on your avatar you would be dragged to hell ... People says exactly the same things about JLo... "she can't sing and her music is very generic now". JLo doesn't have the best voice but i know she can handle some notes and has improved a lot through the years, but thats it. Having say that, her songs had become generic after Love? too, so your point is invalid here.

I have Taylor as an avatar but i follow J.Lo's since i can't even remember, so i know what people think about her. I know it's your opinion but you can't associate a huge voice with sucess anymore, just look the kind of songs that are out there.

Taylor is a very smart girl and has one of the best team behind her. Her music always connect with people and she sings about her own fields, so that's why she has such success.
                                  I completely agree. It'd be so boring to hear everyone singing/screaming like Xtina, Adele, whoever. Taylor is unique in what she does, great songwriter with relatable and radio friendly songs and VERY smart with her work; release, promo.
                                  Plus, popularity is based on many things, not exclusively on vocal technique. You have to be interesting and she is to many people.

Master of Jenology

Nov 14, 2017#17

pitbulljlo wrote:
                                    BlowAway wrote:
                                    QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                    “Very talented girl”

I completely agree. It'd be so boring to hear everyone singing/screaming like Xtina, Adele, whoever. Taylor is unique in what she does, great songwriter with relatable and radio friendly songs and VERY smart with her work; release, promo.
                                    Plus, popularity is based on many things, not exclusively on vocal technique. You have to be interesting and she is to many people.

Yeah, i like Adele but she's too over dramatic for me, i can't listen to her songs often but she's unique and people to connect with her. Today's all about catchy and radio friendly songs. I think voice is the last thing they care about nowadays.

Plus, i miss Xtina, that biatchy, but i'm ready for a new level of floppage when she comes back :cry

23K5,924
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    23K5,924

Nov 16, 2017#18

I, I loved you in spite of
                                      Deep fears that the world would divide us
                                      So, baby, can we dance?
                                      Oh, through an avalanche? And
                                      Say, say that we got it
                                      I'm a mess, but I'm the mess that you wanted
                                      Oh, 'cause it's gravity
                                      Oh, keeping you with me

12K588
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      12K588

Nov 17, 2017#19

I gave this album a few spins and damn, it has some true masterpieces in it! :bow I really didn't like Taylor when she was all vanilla but she has really evolved. Since RED i really like the way she grew into the artist she is today. At least she is an actual artist, with good live vocals, knows how to play an instrument, write music/lyrics and deliver some catchy tunes and global smash hits. It's not something most A-list girls can claim lately. :coffee Yes she can't move to save her life but i don't care tbh...

"I did something bad" is on repeat! :rockon

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#20

BlowAway wrote:
                                          QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                          “Very talented girl”

I was just saying. Taylor does have some songs that I love, but I will not forget that performance she did with Stevie Nicks, where she was horribly off-key. She's ranked D+ as a vocalist for a reason. J.Lo's songs may be generic. Then again, so is Taylor's. And Taylor does have a very great PR team. Very excellent for someone with limited talent.

Nov 19, 2017#21

pitbulljlo wrote:
                                            BlowAway wrote:
                                            QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                            “Very talented girl”

Do you know anything about vocals? It's not screaming. It's called belting. And not everyone has to be a powerhouse, but you should at least be above average. Being paid to sing when you're not good at it is just like being paid to bake, when you're not even a good baker. You wouldn't pay a bad baker to bake you a cake, right? So why would you pay someone who can't sing? Yes. They may have some good songs, but unless they could sing just as good or better live than in the studio, I would never pay to see them live, although there are a few exceptions.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#22

QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                              pitbulljlo wrote:
                                              BlowAway wrote:
                                              QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                              “Very talented girl”

Do you know anything about vocals? It's not screaming. It's called belting. And not everyone has to be a powerhouse, but you should at least be above average. Being paid to sing when you're not good at it is just like being paid to bake, when you're not even a good baker. You wouldn't pay a bad baker to bake you a cake, right? So why would you pay someone who can't sing? Yes. They may have some good songs, but unless they could sing just as good or better live than in the studio, I would never pay to see them live, although there are a few exceptions.
                                              Of course I do, but some do it in unpleasant manner. I prefer Beyonce's runs and riffs over Mariah, Demi etc.
                                              Taylor sounds decent live + she plays guitar/piano. What do you say about Selena G then?

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#23

pitbulljlo wrote:
                                                QueenCedar101 wrote:
                                                pitbulljlo wrote:
                                                BlowAway wrote:

Of course I do, but some do it in unpleasant manner. I prefer Beyonce's runs and riffs over Mariah, Demi etc.
                                                Taylor sounds decent live + she plays guitar/piano. What do you say about Selena G then?
                                                Beyoncé is just flat-out overrated. She's praised like she's a god, but she's not even all that and there are plenty of better artists and singers out there. All she does is try too hard to prove she can sing, instead of singing with emotion in the songs she sings and plagiarizes from other artists. Taylor is below-average when it comes to singing. She may write her own sings and play instruments, but it doesn't excuse her lack of singing talent. Although some people don't even think she's a great songwriter.
                                                As for Selena Gomez, she is just simply a pretty face with no talent. How she even got a record deal beats me. Whoever thought she sounded good needs to be fired from the record label, because she's just horrendous when she sings live, not even average. Then again, not everyone who came and started on Disney could sing anyways. She had to rely on other men to get all the way up to the top, because she couldn't do it with her talent.
                                                And don't come to me with the excuses like "She can sing, it's just her voice isn't strong", "She has lupus", "She's just had a bad day", "She's sick", or any excuses like that. Complete and utter mess.