12K588
Doctor of Jenology
12K588

Nov 01, 2017#601

nixy1991 wrote:
    panos86 wrote:
    nixy1991 wrote:While all that is true, it still doesn't explain why she and her production company aren't seeking out and developing material that would give her the opportunity to act in roles that Hollywood wouldn't otherwise consider her for. A lot of people are doing it, and I get that it's difficult, but I like to think she's powerful enough to do it, too. I'm not being negative or trying to disprove all these great projects she's been doing lately, in fact it's all really exciting and admirable, but they all seem to be advancing her career as a mogul, but not as an actor. Why not both?

And like Daisy said, I don't really care what the genre is. She can do whatever genre there is, as long as there's talented people with decent track record involved. And her being away from the big screen for two or more years at a time doesn't help either, so it's not like she can afford to have a ton of missteps anymore.

All that said said, I feel like we're talking in circles at this point. lol She'll do what she wants and that's it. And it's not like she's becoming some D-lister doing straight to DVD movies.
    People who know more about the industry could enlighten us but i think that a production company needs to prove itself first with a certain catalogue, grow its revenue, have a specific reputation etc before attracting certain talent or material... i think Jen is working on this first. For example even if new in the industry i don't think Lanthimos would accept an offer from Jen's company for an indie film starring her. I think artists of a certain talent are afraid to be associated with mainstream stars like Jen. :(
    Her best bet would be to get the rights to some great book, find a great raw talent to direct it from a good festival and just experiment for the heck of it. I wouldn't expect immediate results in critical or commercial success though and i think Jen feels satisfied as an actress with the stuff she has already going on and i don't blame her... with SoB, Griselda and the musical i feel that she has enough serious work already.
    Yeah, of course companies need to grow and prove themselves. From the looks of it, she's really making a lot of big moves in the TV industry, but I wish she'd do the same for movies. Maybe in time. And her company actually is relatively young, and it seems like they're only now starting to kick it into gear.

I hope you're wrong about what you said about directors like Lanthimos. Obviously, she's never going to be in one of his movies specifically, his movies usually go places I don't think she could stomach (I'm assuming based on her saying even SoB is too dark for her), but she definitely needs to work with directors that know how to get the best performance out of her and even push her a bit. And it doesn't even have to be "dark." Emma Stone's performance wasn't dark and she won an Oscar for it.

And we need one big Hollywood musical from her. Hopefully they start thinking about that after she crushes Bye Bye Birdie.

BTW, have you heard Elaine say it took them six years to get Second Act off the ground? That's insane, and I guess that means it's another passion project, like Griselda.
    Yeah i hope i'm wrong too tbh but from the looks of it not many are willing to take a chance with her. Maybe in time. Let's hope her recent moves will attract some decent attention. Lanthimos was just an example of someone new with low budget and artistic integrity that could work with her even as a personal challenge. Bigger names are even harder.

And yeah i totally agree about not having to be "dark", i've been saying it for years. Genre is irrelevant... i just mentioned such an artist because looks like it's a "must" for some in here. smdh
    +1000000000000 for a big musical :bow

wow! 6 years for this?! Had no idea... let's hope all this effort is worth it.

16K4,305
    Contributor
    16K4,305

Nov 01, 2017#602

U guys still hoping that Jen'll work with a good director and the director will push her hard to be better?
      Keep dreaming.
      Jen'll always be the biggest person in the room, she is always the boss. She always gets the things done in her own ways.

Do you think that any director from Shades Of Blue could say something to Jen that she doesn't want to hear? She's the boss and they're (including the directors) all employees.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#603

An award for Jenrox :clap

Milo Ventimiglia will join Jennifer Lopez in the rom-com Second Act.
        The STXfilms feature follows a big-box store employee (Lopez) who, after reinventing herself, gets the chance to prove to Madison Avenue that street smarts are as valuable as a college degree. Ventimiglia will be playing Lopez' long-time boyfriend, Trey.

Leah Remini and Vanessa Hudgens will also star in the feature, which will be directed by Peter Segal (50 First Dates). The script was written by Justin Zackham (The Bucket List) and Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas, and the project was developed specifically for Lopez.

Goldsmith-Thomas, Zackham and Lopez will produce, along with Benny Medina.

Ventimiglia can currently be seen in the second season of NBC's massive hit This Is Us. He is repped by WME, Management 360 and McKuin Frankel.

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#604

mEm wrote:U guys still hoping that Jen'll work with a good director and the director will push her hard to be better?
          Keep dreaming.
          Jen'll always be the biggest person in the room, she is always the boss. She always gets the things done in her own ways.

Do you think that any director from Shades Of Blue could say something to Jen that she doesn't want to hear? She's the boss and they're (including the directors) all employees.

Don't know about that, I don't think her ego is that out of control to flat out refuse being directed. I actually think it's a testament to her talent how consistently she's been delivering good performances, despite the fact that the scripts and directors she worked with weren't all that great.

I even think she did good in TBND (even though she took the whole thing way too seriously), but there's one scene in that movie (in the gym with Guzy) that is honestly the worst acted scene in her entire career. That scene is the perfect example of how a shitty script, horrible director and a complete misjudgment of tone can make even the best of actors deliver awful performances.

Let it never happen again.

12K588
          Doctor of Jenology
          12K588

Nov 01, 2017#605

Congrats Heather! :Bravo:
            He is a good actor but i don't think he makes a good on screen match for Jen... hmmm, we'll see.

Contributor

Nov 01, 2017#606

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#607

OMG Heather is clairvoyant.

:shocked

13K1,207
                Doctor of Jenology
                13K1,207

Nov 01, 2017#608

Not feeling that guy at all.

12K588
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  12K588

Nov 01, 2017#609

Gotta love the "from time to time" complaining... smdh
                    We have literally ZERO proof that Jen is hard to direct or a diva on set. It's actually the exact opposite. Everyone praises her work ethic, how focused and prepared she always is and since she has already worked with some amazing directors all had only great things to say about her. Do you actually believe that if she worked with an amazing director like Nolan or Aronofsky she would defy their directions?! Ffs!
                    Seriously i know that some of you aren't happy with her career choices but at least let's keep it real. :coffee

14K6,346
                    Contributor
                    14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#610

panos86 wrote:Congrats Heather! :Bravo:
                      He is a good actor but i don't think he makes a good on screen match for Jen... hmmm, we'll see.
                      yeah I like him but not sure they'll have chemistry we'll have to wait and see because you can't always see chemistry in pictures.

23K5,924
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#611

I can see it.

Intro to Jenology

Nov 01, 2017#612

Milo's hot and a good actor. I think I would have preferred Justin Hartley (even hotter) or Sterling K Brown (even better actor) but I'll take this.

16K4,305
                          Contributor
                          16K4,305

Nov 01, 2017#613

He's a great choice, i'm sure there'll be people who'll give the movie a chance just to see him.
                            He's popular and great actor.

22K4,143
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            22K4,143

Nov 01, 2017#614

YESSSS!!!! Love him!

20K7,828
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              20K7,828

Nov 01, 2017#615

So she has already a boyfriend in the movie. So what kind of rom com is this ?
                                Will she find a new one or what ?
                                lol

Master of Jenology

Nov 01, 2017#616

Luka711 wrote:So she has already a boyfriend in the movie. So what kind of rom com is this ?
                                  lol
                                  Probably at some point she will have to choose between restablishing herself professionaly or romantically with man she loves. At the end she will get both.

46K3,606
                                  Admin
                                  46K3,606

Nov 01, 2017#617

LMAO, I can't believe I figured it out!

Luka711 wrote:So she has already a boyfriend in the movie. So what kind of rom com is this ?
                                    lol
                                    lol, that's what I'm wondering.

14K6,346
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#618

The first short synopsis doesn’t even mention a romance so it’s probably not romcom there will be romance but it won’t be the focus of the story.

26K8,905
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      26K8,905

Nov 01, 2017#619

Who? :oops:

20K7,828
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        20K7,828

Nov 01, 2017#620

^That's very good news for me !

14K2,609
                                          Admin
                                          14K2,609

Nov 01, 2017#621

Way to go H!!! :D :D

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Nov 02, 2017#622

seem like it was a good choice at least for some buzz all the blogs are excited about it.

Milo Ventimiglia & Jennifer Lopez Are Starring In A Rom-Com, Making All Your '00s Dreams Come True
                                              https://www.bustle.com/p/milo-ventimigl ... ue-3200813

Milo Ventimiglia to Play Jennifer Lopez’s Boyfriend in Her New Rom-Com So Get Yourself Together
                                              http://www.vulture.com/2017/11/milo-ven ... riend.html

Milo Ventimiglia is going to play Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend in a new rom-com, and we're all in on this
                                              https://hellogiggles.com/reviews-covera ... econd-act/

'Second Act' Cast Stars Milo Ventimiglia & Jennifer Lopez & No One Can Control Their Emotions
                                              https://www.elitedaily.com/p/second-act ... ns-3201474

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/11/17928 ... eah-remini

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 02, 2017#623

This is the most random cast I have ever seen lol. I am excited tho, I think they've made pretty good choices. The Buuzz in all those articles is so positive.

12K588
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                12K588

Nov 02, 2017#624

Niiiice! :Bravo: So happy to see this choice having people excited already! :D

12K11,438
                                                  Contributor
                                                  12K11,438

Nov 02, 2017#625

I don't know her but he cute. At least this project has been getting known actors attached to it...

Read more posts (312 remaining)