Doctor of Jenology

Oct 31, 2017#576

FlyBoy87 wrote:
    chrisjlover wrote:
    FlyBoy87 wrote:Never met a more negative bunch of people in my life.
    This line is everything about BB lately. It's sad.
    I really don’t understand it. If what she is doing with her career, HER CAREER bothers you that much then why not move on? Like to sit on your computer and as a fan, on a fan site, bash her all day makes no sense to me. There are a lot of things and projects about Jen that I don’t really care for, but she’s doing what makes her happy. And she’s built her empire so she has earned the right to do whatever the hell she pleases. Even if that means a million rom-coms.
    It's ridiculous to think because others and myself state our opinions, our views, not calling her names, or bashing, like you say, but giving criticism to what we think her career should shape up to be. Many of us accept her and the work she puts out, but we see way more potential than what she has given us. Not bashing.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 31, 2017#577

Well I think Shades of Blue is an amazing show, and has brought her very close to Emmy recognition, so I would have to disagree with you.

Lila & Eve was another film that had potential, and she had a great costar.

Okay so maybe Second Act is not Oscar worthy, but I think you guys don’t give enough credit to other projects. We all saw how hard she’s been pushing for the Emmys to recognize her. So for people to come on here and say she doesn’t care is ridiculous. Once again she hasn’t done a romantic comedy in years, she loves to do them. Let her live!

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 31, 2017#578

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:
        FlyBoy87 wrote:
        chrisjlover wrote:
        FlyBoy87 wrote:Never met a more negative bunch of people in my life.
        This line is everything about BB lately. It's sad.
        I really don’t understand it. If what she is doing with her career, HER CAREER bothers you that much then why not move on? Like to sit on your computer and as a fan, on a fan site, bash her all day makes no sense to me. There are a lot of things and projects about Jen that I don’t really care for, but she’s doing what makes her happy. And she’s built her empire so she has earned the right to do whatever the hell she pleases. Even if that means a million rom-coms.
        It's ridiculous to think because others and myself state our opinions, our views, not calling her names, or bashing, like you say, but giving criticism to what we think her career should shape up to be. Many of us accept her and the work she puts out, but we see way more potential than what she has given us. Not bashing.
        Exactly! I don't get why everyone is so sensitive to opinions, when we don’t even name call or cuss. Just because we’re fans, doesn’t mean we have to love everything she does or act like everything is great when it’s not.

16K4,305
        Contributor
        16K4,305

Oct 31, 2017#579

FlyBoy87 wrote:Well I think Shades of Blue is an amazing show, and has brought her very close to Emmy recognition, so I would have to disagree with you.

Lila & Eve was another film that had potential, and she had a great costar.

Okay so maybe Second Act is not Oscar worthy, but I think you guys don’t give enough credit to other projects. We all saw how hard she’s been pushing for the Emmys to recognize her. So for people to come on here and say she doesn’t care is ridiculous. Once again she hasn’t done a romantic comedy in years, she loves to do them. Let her live!
          she loves to do them because they're easy to film.

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 31, 2017#580

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:

Well unfortunately not everyone is like you on this forum, some people do bash her both professionally and personally, as well as her team. We all know she has potential. However, the entertainment industry is cutthroat. It don’t matter who you are, nothing is guaranteed.

20K7,821
            Doctor of Jenology
            20K7,821

Oct 31, 2017#581

12K588
              Doctor of Jenology
              12K588

Nov 01, 2017#582

daisylo wrote:
                panos86 wrote:I don't know about you but i would really love a great feel good movie with a positive message in such dark times for this world. Good acting isn't exclusive to dark themes let alone action films... i know that we all want Jen to go for more demanding roles but let's not be this negative before we watch this effort,
                Btw as a Greek i am so proud seeing Patricia Field in this! She is a genius and i LOVE her work! :love2
                if this had a great director/writer yeah personally i don't really care about the genre (even if i think that she's not that good in comedies) but more about the people she works with.
                Don't get me wrong i totally understand being skeptical i just believe that we should all give everyone a chance before we drag them and start being all negative. Which is what happens here constantly.

Nov 01, 2017#583

nixy1991 wrote:While all that is true, it still doesn't explain why she and her production company aren't seeking out and developing material that would give her the opportunity to act in roles that Hollywood wouldn't otherwise consider her for. A lot of people are doing it, and I get that it's difficult, but I like to think she's powerful enough to do it, too. I'm not being negative or trying to disprove all these great projects she's been doing lately, in fact it's all really exciting and admirable, but they all seem to be advancing her career as a mogul, but not as an actor. Why not both?

And like Daisy said, I don't really care what the genre is. She can do whatever genre there is, as long as there's talented people with decent track record involved. And her being away from the big screen for two or more years at a time doesn't help either, so it's not like she can afford to have a ton of missteps anymore.

All that said said, I feel like we're talking in circles at this point. lol She'll do what she wants and that's it. And it's not like she's becoming some D-lister doing straight to DVD movies.
                  People who know more about the industry could enlighten us but i think that a production company needs to prove itself first with a certain catalogue, grow its revenue, have a specific reputation etc before attracting certain talent or material... i think Jen is working on this first. For example even if new in the industry i don't think Lanthimos would accept an offer from Jen's company for an indie film starring her. I think artists of a certain talent are afraid to be associated with mainstream stars like Jen. :(
                  Her best bet would be to get the rights to some great book, find a great raw talent to direct it from a good festival and just experiment for the heck of it. I wouldn't expect immediate results in critical or commercial success though and i think Jen feels satisfied as an actress with the stuff she has already going on and i don't blame her... with SoB, Griselda and the musical i feel that she has enough serious work already.

23K5,924
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#584

panos86 wrote:
                    nixy1991 wrote:While all that is true, it still doesn't explain why she and her production company aren't seeking out and developing material that would give her the opportunity to act in roles that Hollywood wouldn't otherwise consider her for. A lot of people are doing it, and I get that it's difficult, but I like to think she's powerful enough to do it, too. I'm not being negative or trying to disprove all these great projects she's been doing lately, in fact it's all really exciting and admirable, but they all seem to be advancing her career as a mogul, but not as an actor. Why not both?

And like Daisy said, I don't really care what the genre is. She can do whatever genre there is, as long as there's talented people with decent track record involved. And her being away from the big screen for two or more years at a time doesn't help either, so it's not like she can afford to have a ton of missteps anymore.

All that said said, I feel like we're talking in circles at this point. lol She'll do what she wants and that's it. And it's not like she's becoming some D-lister doing straight to DVD movies.
                    People who know more about the industry could enlighten us but i think that a production company needs to prove itself first with a certain catalogue, grow its revenue, have a specific reputation etc before attracting certain talent or material... i think Jen is working on this first. For example even if new in the industry i don't think Lanthimos would accept an offer from Jen's company for an indie film starring her. I think artists of a certain talent are afraid to be associated with mainstream stars like Jen. :(
                    Her best bet would be to get the rights to some great book, find a great raw talent to direct it from a good festival and just experiment for the heck of it. I wouldn't expect immediate results in critical or commercial success though and i think Jen feels satisfied as an actress with the stuff she has already going on and i don't blame her... with SoB, Griselda and the musical i feel that she has enough serious work already.
                    Yeah, of course companies need to grow and prove themselves. From the looks of it, she's really making a lot of big moves in the TV industry, but I wish she'd do the same for movies. Maybe in time. And her company actually is relatively young, and it seems like they're only now starting to kick it into gear.

I hope you're wrong about what you said about directors like Lanthimos. Obviously, she's never going to be in one of his movies specifically, his movies usually go places I don't think she could stomach (I'm assuming based on her saying even SoB is too dark for her), but she definitely needs to work with directors that know how to get the best performance out of her and even push her a bit. And it doesn't even have to be "dark." Emma Stone's performance wasn't dark and she won an Oscar for it.

And we need one big Hollywood musical from her. Hopefully they start thinking about that after she crushes Bye Bye Birdie.

BTW, have you heard Elaine say it took them six years to get Second Act off the ground? That's insane, and I guess that means it's another passion project, like Griselda.

14K6,346
                    Contributor
                    14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#585

panos86 wrote:
                      daisylo wrote:
                      panos86 wrote:I don't know about you but i would really love a great feel good movie with a positive message in such dark times for this world. Good acting isn't exclusive to dark themes let alone action films... i know that we all want Jen to go for more demanding roles but let's not be this negative before we watch this effort,
                      Btw as a Greek i am so proud seeing Patricia Field in this! She is a genius and i LOVE her work! :love2
                      if this had a great director/writer yeah personally i don't really care about the genre (even if i think that she's not that good in comedies) but more about the people she works with.
                      Don't get me wrong i totally understand being skeptical i just believe that we should all give everyone a chance before we drag them and start being all negative. Which is what happens here constantly.
                      their past work speak for itself who knows they could outdo themselves but that might need a miracle, let's hope it's happen tho.

Nov 01, 2017#586

nixy1991 wrote:
                        BTW, have you heard Elaine say it took them six years to get Second Act off the ground? That's insane, and I guess that means it's another passion project, like Griselda.
                        yeah but it was with other people and they changed the story since, they probably give up on it and then got back to it with Jen.

23K5,924
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#587

daisylo wrote:
                          nixy1991 wrote:
                          yeah but it was with other people and they changed the story since, they probably give up on it and then got back to it with Jen.
                          Got it, thanks.

Guess they're announcing her love interest today.

:popcorn

14K6,346
                          Contributor
                          14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#588

curious to know who it is Elaine hints where confusing, Jen said he has a mustache.

23K5,924
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#589

The first actor who popped into my head is Bobby Cannavale, but only because he has this ridiculous mustache on Mr. Robot right now. Actually, I wouldn't mind that, plus that would mean the Cannava-Lo trilogy would be complete. :angel

Here are some actors with mustaches, let's find him. lol

http://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities ... mustaches/

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#590

wouldn't mind Bobby Cannavale

46K3,605
                                Admin
                                46K3,605

Nov 01, 2017#591

She said something about the actor looking good in 80s looks so my first thought was Milo whatever from This Is Us and he often has a mustache. But I don't know if he'd have time.

14K6,346
                                  Contributor
                                  14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#592

JenRox wrote:She said something about the actor looking good in 80s looks so my first thought was Milo whatever from This Is Us and he often has a mustache. But I don't know if he'd have time.
                                    hmm that could be a good guess, This is us is filming right now but since it seem to be a short shoot and it's i'm guessing not a lead role they might not need the actor too long.

Nov 01, 2017#593

must be him Jen liked that picture last week even tho he posted it a few years ago and he hasn't used his insta since 2013.

16K4,305
                                      Contributor
                                      16K4,305

Nov 01, 2017#594

It would be amazing to get a well known actor like Milo, i doubt that they can afford him tho

46K3,605
                                        Admin
                                        46K3,605

Nov 01, 2017#595

Oh, wow, I'll be patting myself on the back, if so. Plus, he's on NBC and I know that kind of stuff plays a role sometimes. Hopefully they will have chemistry. He seems so young to me because he played a teenager on Gilmore Girls. :lol:

Another actress:

23K5,924
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#596

I was gonna say that, I still think of him as Jess. :lol

Not the most exciting choice TBH, but we'll see. Definitely better than the guy from TBUP.

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Nov 01, 2017#597

They could afford him he's not a movie star, I still see him as Jess too lol so it's weird to think that he's in his 40s now.

22K4,141
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              22K4,141

Nov 01, 2017#598

Milo would be amazing, I just hope that the plot will continue in way that she will dump her boyfriend or she won't have the typical "happy ending", especially for a movie like this which is aiming for female empowerment.

23K5,924
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                23K5,924

Nov 01, 2017#599

CosTaSsSs wrote:Milo would be amazing, I just hope that the plot will continue in way that she will dump her boyfriend or she won't have the typical "happy ending", especially for a movie like this which is aiming for female empowerment.
                                                  From what I've seen so far, the focus of the movie isn't even the relationship between her and her love interest, it's something else entirely. That's why I don't get why they're calling it a rom-com, it seems a lot more like a dramedy. Marketing, I guess.

16K4,305
                                                  Contributor
                                                  16K4,305

Nov 01, 2017#600

He's always gonna be Rory's boyfriend to me, i still think he just graduated from high school lol.

Read more posts (337 remaining)