14K6,346
Contributor
14K6,346

Sep 05, 2017#226

Plot details..

So mid-september production start and filming I guess as soon as Vegas end so first week of October, weird that we don't have any casting news when the filming start so soon. Let's at least hope they're not getting a mediocre cast like the one from The Back-up plan, but it's complicated to attract talented people on that type of project. :coffee
    “Second Act”
    Jennifer Lopez is about to step back into the big-screen limelight: the singer-actor is lining up her next project, “Second Act," with director Peter Segal. J.Lo will play a woman who is passed up for a promotion after years of service at a big-box store and thrust into a world where college degrees trump street smarts. Tasked with developing an organic skincare line for a Madison Avenue company, the savvy blue-collar worker must prove her worth. Lopez is the only name attached to the project that is being cast by Roger Mussenden. Production is gearing up to start in mid-September and will carry on through the fall. While no exact location is currently known, the project is expected to take place in and around New York.

23K5,924
    Doctor of Jenology
    23K5,924

Sep 05, 2017#227

So, I assume she'll hook up with her boss. If it's anything like Working Girl, there will be a love triangle too. He'll probably be married or going through a divorce, something like that. Who are we thinking for the love interest? Somebody good looking and charismatic, a box office draw, and preferably capable of delivering a line. And willing to do a romantic comedy. What's Idris Elba got going on currently? He'd be perfect. I bet they'd have chemistry, he's around her age and people would show up in droves to see him and Jen get it on. lol Just no more basic, boring white dudes, please. The one from The Back-up Plan was just... Ugh.

22K4,141
      Doctor of Jenology
      22K4,141

Sep 05, 2017#228

It sounds ok, but I guess she could have decided to be part in a better film. Guess she didn't had any good suggestions?

12K11,435
        Contributor
        12K11,435

Sep 05, 2017#229

After all this time away from film its sort of disappointing she didn't attach herself to something will a little more substance.

Intro to Jenology

Sep 05, 2017#230

Skincare line? Wait a minute don't tell me this is a cross promo to her own Independent skin care line to promote the film. That so cliche because last month she announced she doing a skin care line. Now there including this in script? This movie is going to be JEnnifer Lopez in "Second Act" not the character in the film. Oh lord

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 05, 2017#231

JLoAKA1999 wrote:Skincare line? Wait a minute don't tell me this is a cross promo to her own Independent skin care line to promote the film. That so cliche because last month she announced she doing a skin care line. Now there including this in script? This movie is going to be JEnnifer Lopez in "Second Act" not the character in the film. Oh lord
              as long as its good i dont think its a bad idea!

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Sep 05, 2017#232

nixy1991 wrote:So, I assume she'll hook up with her boss. If it's anything like Working Girl, there will be a love triangle too. He'll probably be married or going through a divorce, something like that. Who are we thinking for the love interest? Somebody good looking and charismatic, a box office draw, and preferably capable of delivering a line. And willing to do a romantic comedy. What's Idris Elba got going on currently? He'd be perfect. I bet they'd have chemistry, he's around her age and people would show up in droves to see him and Jen get it on. lol Just no more basic, boring white dudes, please. The one from The Back-up Plan was just... Ugh.
                yeah everything about this project sounds mediocre so far so they should at least make it interesting with the cast, get an Asian, black or latino actor just not the usual white vanilla actor and a good one they need to have chemistry and he should have great comedy timing, not sure if Idris Elba as done comedy before but I'd love that pairing.
                JLoAKA1999 wrote:Skincare line? Wait a minute don't tell me this is a cross promo to her own Independent skin care line to promote the film. That so cliche because last month she announced she doing a skin care line. Now there including this in script? This movie is going to be JEnnifer Lopez in "Second Act" not the character in the film. Oh lord

lol I didn't think of that, that's quiet possible.

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 05, 2017#233

It doesn't sound interesting at all.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 05, 2017#234

daisylo wrote:
                    nixy1991 wrote:So, I assume she'll hook up with her boss. If it's anything like Working Girl, there will be a love triangle too. He'll probably be married or going through a divorce, something like that. Who are we thinking for the love interest? Somebody good looking and charismatic, a box office draw, and preferably capable of delivering a line. And willing to do a romantic comedy. What's Idris Elba got going on currently? He'd be perfect. I bet they'd have chemistry, he's around her age and people would show up in droves to see him and Jen get it on. lol Just no more basic, boring white dudes, please. The one from The Back-up Plan was just... Ugh.
                    yeah everything about this project sounds mediocre so far so they should at least make it interesting with the cast, get an Asian, black or latino actor just not the usual white vanilla actor and a good one they need to have chemistry and he should have great comedy timing, not sure if Idris Elba as done comedy before but I'd love that pairing.

lol I didn't think of that, that's quiet possible.
                    I'm hoping for some good costars too. I mean let's not forget Jena had plenty of great costars before, Matthew McConaughey, Jane Fonda, Cameron Diaz, Ben Affleck, Ralph Fiebbes (although everyone says they didn't have chemistry) and that's only from her romcoms.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 11, 2017#235

Now I guess they found some actors that never got attention and we never heard before, so we still have no casting.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 11, 2017#236

But he was bad in that one, I couldn't even recognize he was guy from Hawaii5O.

Idris would be a perfect option :love
                        How about Joe Manganiello?

And will the plot be similar to the movie Reese did about starting again?

23K5,924
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        23K5,924

Sep 11, 2017#237

pitbulljlo wrote:But he was bad in that one, I couldn't even recognize he was guy from Hawaii5O.
                          Exactly. lol He's the least memorable leading man Jennifer was ever in a rom-com with.
                          pitbulljlo wrote:Idris would be a perfect option :love
                          How about Joe Manganiello?
                          I don't remember seeing him in anything other than WTEWYE (didn't watch True Blood), but he seems more realistic than Idris.
                          pitbulljlo wrote:And will the plot be similar to the movie Reese did about starting again?
                          Didn't see it, nor I plan to, but that's the exact kind of movie I expect this one to be.

12K588
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          12K588

Sep 11, 2017#238

Oooooh Idris would be AMAZING! Such a great idea! :D

Intro to Jenology

Sep 12, 2017#239

What if Sly asked her to be in Expendables , itd be different to the usual fare :p

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 16, 2017#240

Everything about this movie makes me wanna puke.

Let me guess, this will be a first time director too? A director maybe who's worked on mideocre music videos?

Jennifer.... do better!!! I don't care who is cast in this movie. Sounds like another "collect-a-paycheck" movie. Smh.

46K3,606
                                Admin
                                46K3,606

Sep 16, 2017#241

lol, I'm sure she's getting super rich producing a film for herself.

I don't know why you guys get so hung up on critical acclaim. She has something very relevant to say about aging and people counting you out after a certain age, so there's a lot of possibility with the movie, acclaim or no acclaim.

12K11,435
                                  Contributor
                                  12K11,435

Sep 16, 2017#242

^while acclaim is not everything it's crazy to think how many shitty movies shes been making. Her last acclaimed film was..Out of Sight? That's just strange for an actress that had such a promising movie career to be where she is now. She's a huge superstar but for the life of her cannot find good movie projects. El Cantante could have been great but it fell short.

22K4,141
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    22K4,141

Sep 16, 2017#243

JenRox wrote:lol, I'm sure she's getting super rich producing a film for herself.

I don't know why you guys get so hung up on critical acclaim. She has something very relevant to say about aging and people counting you out after a certain age, so there's a lot of possibility with the movie, acclaim or no acclaim.
                                      Going back to the route of rom-coms will be a downer at this moment. Her acting career has been taking a slow but good turn the last years, she doesn't need to shift it once again to easy things. What she needs to do is some very good roles, even as not a protagonist and be part of an A-List cast.

12K588
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      12K588

Sep 16, 2017#244

I don't know about you all but i will wait to see the movie and then judge it. She has SoB, Griselda and Bye Bye Birdie that are amazing and challenging for her as an actress. It's ok if she wants something a little bit more light hearted and commercial. Maybe it will be a hit like TBND to prove that she is still a marketable actress who can bring in tickets. ;)

20K7,826
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        20K7,826

Sep 16, 2017#245

I still hope it's not a typical rom-com, where the entire movie they're in love, but cant be together till the final scene or sth lol

14K6,346
                                          Contributor
                                          14K6,346

Sep 16, 2017#246

panos86 wrote:I don't know about you all but i will wait to see the movie and then judge it. She has SoB, Griselda and Bye Bye Birdie that are amazing and challenging for her as an actress. It's ok if she wants something a little bit more light hearted and commercial. Maybe it will be a hit like TBND to prove that she is still a marketable actress who can bring in tickets. ;)
                                            I don't mind a feel good movie but I do mind a bad director and scriptwriter she always work with terrible crew and it's even worse when it's from her prod company, TBND may have done decent box office but it was a shitty movie and people remember it just like that, she doesn't need that, give us a comedy by Judd Apatow or Adam McKay for example, he prod partners and herself should be more picky, sure not easy to get big names but there is tone of smaller directors/writers far better than the one they pick.

12K588
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            12K588

Sep 16, 2017#247

daisylo wrote:
                                              panos86 wrote:I don't know about you all but i will wait to see the movie and then judge it. She has SoB, Griselda and Bye Bye Birdie that are amazing and challenging for her as an actress. It's ok if she wants something a little bit more light hearted and commercial. Maybe it will be a hit like TBND to prove that she is still a marketable actress who can bring in tickets. ;)
                                              I don't mind a feel good movie but I do mind a bad director and scriptwriter she always work with terrible crew and it's even worse when it's from her prod company, TBND may have done decent box office but it was a shitty movie and people remember it just like that, she doesn't need that, give us a comedy by Judd Apatow or Adam McKay for example, he prod partners and herself should be more picky, sure not easy to get big names but there is tone of smaller directors/writers far better than the one they pick.
                                              Yeah i won't deny that some choices could be better it's just that i disagree with the people having a problem with the genre. Also "better" is kinda subjective so i won't go into that. As for TBND i really liked it for what it was and many people did i think. And as far as production companies, commercial hit movies, roles offered etc etc go i think Jen really needs to stay relevant and marketable even with movies that won't slay award shows.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 17, 2017#248

14K6,346
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,346

Sep 17, 2017#249

Curious to see who they cast but not expecting anyone great we'll see..

Master of Jenology

Sep 17, 2017#250

The only chance for this movie is getting another big name on it, I think GP are as tired as us about J.Lo's Romantic Comedies

Read more posts (687 remaining)