Jenn is the new ambassador for Missoni Women's Cancer Research

Jenn is the new ambassador for Missoni Women's Cancer Research

13K1,207
Doctor of Jenology
13K1,207

Aug 30, 2017#1

Angela Missoni has always been passionate about supporting other women, whether that’s meant fostering talent at her family’s heritage knitwear brand, taking a stand against the patriarchy with last season’s must-have pink pussy hats, or supporting a variety of women-focused charities. With her latest project, you can get involved just by picking up some new Missoni merch: For the entire month of October (which also happens to be Breast Cancer Awareness Month), a special $35 T-shirt she designed for Saks Fifth Avenue’s Key to the Cure Charity will be available in all Saks locations in the U.S. and Canada, as well as online, with 100 percent of proceeds going to 12 local cancer charities, among them American Cancer Society, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and TGen Foundation.

“At Missoni, we’ve worked with Saks for so long, so I’ve always known about its Key to the Cure [initiatives],” Missoni tells Vogue. “We’ve supported women’s cancer causes in Italy as a family for many, many years, and we’re sensitive about the subject. Besides the fact that my mother, my daughter, and I are very involved in any kind of women’s [aid], the fashion industry is mainly based on women, too. It had been a long time since we did something in New York, and I’m celebrating 20 years as the creative director at Missoni this year, so supporting this cause was the perfect way to celebrate my anniversary.”

Jennifer Lopez, who set up her own cancer foundation in 2009, is the ambassador for the project and appears in the campaign image here. “Jennifer has a very strong voice,” Missoni adds. “Together with Saks and my family, we think when you have a strong voice, you have to use it for good causes.”

Source: http://www.vogue.com/article/missoni-sa ... ch-t-shirt

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 30, 2017#2

:love2 So good! And i really loved the photo

12K11,438
      Contributor
      12K11,438

Aug 30, 2017#3

Good for her and very cute pic. Whatever happen to that whole body lab thing? She forget about that already???

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 30, 2017#4

i love it! Im glad shes doing charity work!

Aug 30, 2017#5

Crazy4JenL wrote:Good for her and very cute pic. Whatever happen to that whole body lab thing? She forget about that already???
            i hope not she gave it an ad in the aym video!

Master of Jenology

Aug 30, 2017#6

that's great and the pic too :P

20K7,828
              Doctor of Jenology
              20K7,828

Aug 30, 2017#7

:clap

I like the pic a lot :love2

14K2,609
                Admin
                14K2,609

Aug 30, 2017#8

Awesome! I love that picture! :)

22K4,143
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  22K4,143

Aug 30, 2017#9

I'm proud of her doing this.

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

Aug 30, 2017#10

CosTaSsSs wrote:I'm proud of her doing this.
                      Same. Such important work. :heart

13K1,207
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      13K1,207

Dec 17, 2017#11

46K3,606
                        Admin
                        46K3,606

Dec 17, 2017#12

Great find, thanks!