14K6,346
Contributor
14K6,346

Jul 23, 2017#826

nixy1991 wrote:Nice to hear you liked Baby Driver, it's not opening here for another month or so, it's really annoying. Edgar Wright is one of the directors whose films I HAVE to watch on the big screen.

That new Ayer movie could go either way, I guess. It does look interesting.
    I'm sure you're gonna love it there is only one thing about Spacey character that annoyed me but the rest was almost perfect.

I'm excited for Thor and I didn't even like the 1st two.

Justice League.. DC is a mess that's not a good trailer, doesnt look very promissing, Wonder Woman is probaby the best they can do.

Jul 26, 2017#827

So Dunkirk. . what an experience glad I got to see it in theater but I regret not seeing it in a bigger one. The movie could have easily been boring but Nolan made it so captivating, loved how all the different stories were set and crossed with each other, the violence is there but never really showed, there weren't many dialogues the story was more told with sounds, the looks, facial expression of the actors (great cast) and the cinematography was sublime. It's Nolan's most precise, pure and intense movie.

23K5,924
      Doctor of Jenology
      23K5,924

Jul 26, 2017#828

:jenclap2

Absolutely agree with everything. He just keeps improving, which is saying a lot, considering how near-flawless his filmography is. I'm blown away by how original and off-kilter it is, especially for a war film. And I just don't see anyone topping what he achieved directing-wise this year. It's a crime that he hasn't won, or even been nominated for a Best Director Oscar yet. I've been thinking about it ever since I saw it. I was going to go again, but things got in the way. Hopefully by the end of the week.

14K6,346
        Contributor
        14K6,346

Jul 26, 2017#829

Nolan doesn't get the praise he deserve but seem like it's changing with this one, If I can see it in IMAX I'll definitely go again.

Jul 26, 2017#830

huh I hate that Detroit and Logan Lucky will only be released in October where I live, I was excited to see them and they're both getting great reviews.

23K5,924
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,924

Jul 26, 2017#831

Logan Lucky opens here on Sept. 9, so that's great. No date for Detroit, though. I'm just happy Soderbergh is back, and with a fun movie like this. I always enjoyed his lighter material more than his serious stuff.

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Jul 26, 2017#832

Yes the movie looks quiet over the top should be fun.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#833

23K5,924
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  23K5,924

Jul 28, 2017#834

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-emoji-movie
                    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_emoji_movie/
                    Please restore my eyes to factory settings.
                    Hear that? It's the end of the world.
                    Excuse me while I scan my phone for the vomit emoji.
                    It is one of the darkest, most dismaying films I have ever seen.
                    Do yourself a favor, and swipe left on this one.
                    :lmao

14K6,346
                    Contributor
                    14K6,346

Aug 01, 2017#835

^ I've rarely seen a movie with such a low score on metacritic even Gigli did better :lol:

This is gonna be good

23K5,924
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      23K5,924

Aug 02, 2017#836

^ Excited for that one, Aubrey Plaza is perfect for that role.

This looks so good, it's the best reviewed film of the year so far:

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Aug 02, 2017#837

^ haven't heard about that one, looks beautiful.

Aug 02, 2017#838

^ just saw that it was the director of "Amore" I freaking loved that movie

23K5,924
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,924

Aug 02, 2017#839

Which one's that? I Am Love? That one's been on my watchlist for yearsss. Seen A Bigger Splash, though, it was alright.

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

Aug 02, 2017#840

nixy1991 wrote:Which one's that? I Am Love? That one's been on my watchlist for yearsss. Seen A Bigger Splash, though, it was alright.
                                Ah yes Amore was the title in France, the original title was "Io sono l'amore" this movie was so beautiful a bit weird and Swinton so amazing in it. I haven't see the Bigger Splash yet.

Can't believe it was released in 2010, I saw it in theater but tho it was more recent than that

23K5,924
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                23K5,924

Aug 08, 2017#841

New Aronofsky

Okay?

I missed Pfeiffer though. :love

Aug 15, 2017#842

14K6,346
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,346

Aug 15, 2017#843

^ I'm in love with her lol

excited about this one but didn't really like the trailer is too freaking long.

23K5,924
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      23K5,924

Aug 16, 2017#844

Maybe they should've cut it down to 2 minutes.

Really excited to see how Sorkin does as a director. I already know Jessica is going to kill it.

From the director of Tangerine, one of my favorite movies of 2015.

14K6,346
                                        Contributor
                                        14K6,346

Aug 16, 2017#845

^ yeah heard great things about this one.

this looks good also..

23K5,924
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,924

Aug 16, 2017#846

CAN'T WAIT for that one. I love that a director as idiosyncratic as Yorgos Lanthimos is getting to work with such big Hollywood actors. And, of course, Nicole and Colin continue to make interesting choices, which is really exciting. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. Yorgos also just wrapped a period drama with Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz, definitely looking forward to see how he approached that one.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 17, 2017#847

For those interested:

13K1,207
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              13K1,207

Sep 10, 2017#848

Damn Al Pacino is good.
                                                I know it's my fault I haven't watch his movies before and after I watched it I understood how much I've missed.
                                                This weekend I've watched Scarface, Scent Of A Woman, Sea Of Love and... :omg :omg :omg

That tango in SOW :omg :omg :omg
                                                Final scene in Scarface :omg :omg :omg

14K6,346
                                                Contributor
                                                14K6,346

Sep 11, 2017#849

kateflo wrote:Damn Al Pacino is good.
                                                  I know it's my fault I haven't watch his movies before and after I watched it I understood how much I've missed.
                                                  This weekend I've watched Scarface, Scent Of A Woman, Sea Of Love and... :omg :omg :omg

Watch "Dog Day Afternoon"

13K1,207
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  13K1,207

Sep 11, 2017#850

daisylo wrote:
                                                    kateflo wrote:Damn Al Pacino is good.

Watch "Dog Day Afternoon"
                                                    Thanks! I will

Read more posts (2347 remaining)