Intro to Jenology

Jul 30, 2017#476

Una noche mas I'm sure is a classic in latin America

Intro to Jenology

Jul 30, 2017#477

Overexposed wrote:LOL what even is this conversation? J.Lo is definitely relevant in Latin America. But her English material always fared better here than her Spanish songs.
      :bow

Jul 30, 2017#478

Crazy4JenL wrote:
        JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
        NB1990 wrote:
        RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...
        No me ames says hello
        No, RuRu is right.

Yes, "No Me Ames" is a classic, but it's for viejera (old people). Our generation and younger don't use Salsa. They consider it "old school". Plus, the Salsa genre has been dead for 10+ years now.

She has no iconic Spanish club/party banger. :(

And as a Puerto Rican, I don't remember the last time someone played "No Me Ames" at a party unless someone's auntie stole somebody's phone for a Marc Anthony 90s throwback. :lol
        No Me Ames is a classic but I agree with what you guys are saying in that it's not one of those classic Spanish songs you hear at every Spanish party.

I will not agree with you on the Salsa and it being dead though. I'm Cuban/Dominican and we still heavily use Salsa.
        + No Me Ames it's a cover of an italian hit well known in spanish language countries (of cours older audience), not properly a song by Jennifer

Contributor

Jul 30, 2017#479

Crazy4JenL wrote:
          JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
          NB1990 wrote:
          RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Jennifer has never connected with the Spanish audience successfully bc she's never made a smash song in Spanish, you know one of those Spanish songs you hear at every Quincenera, wedding, party, on the street, etc. like Shakira, J. Balvin, Farruko, hell even Noreaga and Nina Sky had one with Oye Mi Canto. I'm still surprised we never got a full on Reggaeton song (not a remix) from Jennifer...
          No me ames says hello
          No, RuRu is right.

Yes, "No Me Ames" is a classic, but it's for viejera (old people). Our generation and younger don't use Salsa. They consider it "old school". Plus, the Salsa genre has been dead for 10+ years now.

And as a Puerto Rican, I don't remember the last time someone played "No Me Ames" at a party unless someone's auntie stole somebody's phone for a Marc Anthony 90s throwback. :lol
          No Me Ames is a classic but I agree with what you guys are saying in that it's not one of those classic Spanish songs you hear at every Spanish party.

I will not agree with you on the Salsa and it being dead though. I'm Cuban/Dominican and we still heavily use Salsa.
          That's because Salsa has made a resurgence in Dominican Republic in the last few years, but the genre has reached its commercial peak around 2003-2004.

Gone were the days when La India, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Jerry Rivera, El Gran Combo, Tito Nieves, Frankie Negron, Ruben Blades, Celia Cruz, Tito Rojas, Brenda K. Starr, Joe Arroyo, Willie Colon, etc., were slaying the airwaves, heavily played in clubs, and on the charts with #1's or Top 10 hits back to back. It's definitely not the same. Salsa has peaked a long time ago. The only ones still making any real consecutive impact for the genre are Marc Anthony & Victor Manuelle.

By the way, Puerto Rico still uses Salsa (and obviously Cuba its birthplace), but we can't deny that the genre is dead. Mostly, it's old people that still listen to it. Shit I do depending on my mood. #OldSoul. :lol

Master of Jenology

Jul 30, 2017#480

Adrenalina still breaking spanish disco floor

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2017#481

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
              Crazy4JenL wrote:
              JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
              NB1990 wrote: No me ames says hello
              No, RuRu is right.

That's because Salsa has made a resurgence in Dominican Republic in the last few years, but the genre has reached its commercial peak around 2003-2004.

Gone were the days when La India, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Jerry Rivera, El Gran Combo, Tito Nieves, Frankie Negron, Ruben Blades, Celia Cruz, Tito Rojas, Brenda K. Starr, Joe Arroyo, Willie Colon, etc., were slaying the airwaves, heavily played in clubs, and on the charts with #1's or Top 10 hits back to back. It's definitely not the same. Salsa has peaked a long time ago. The only ones still making any real consecutive impact for the genre are Marc Anthony & Victor Manuelle.

By the way, Puerto Rico still uses Salsa (and obviously Cuba its birthplace), but we can't deny that the genre is dead. Mostly, it's old people that still listen to it. Shit I do depending on my mood. #OldSoul. :lol
              True. But there is no denying the fact that crowds still go crazy wild for the song whenever it's performed live. Probably more so than for any of her other tracks.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2017#482

258 -15
                Jennifer Lopez - Ni Tú Ni Yo (Official Video) ft. Gente de Zona

Noooooo. Her spanish First Love. :(
                Well can't say I didn't see this coming with the ad we got as an MV. Jen's YT power cancelled. :cry

22K4,141
                Doctor of Jenology
                22K4,141

Aug 02, 2017#483

juniorsega wrote:258 -15
                  Jennifer Lopez - Ni Tú Ni Yo (Official Video) ft. Gente de Zona

Noooooo. Her spanish First Love. :(
                  Well can't say I didn't see this coming with the ad we got as an MV. Jen's YT power cancelled. :cry
                  Well... she needs the right videos.

16K4,305
                  Contributor
                  16K4,305

Aug 02, 2017#484

Jen only has youtube power when it is the right song and right video. (On The Floor / Aint Your mama/ I'm Into You / Dance Again)
                    If the video or the song sucks, she's no different than other singers.
                    See Feel The Light / Love Make The World Go Round / First Love and now Ni Ti Ni Yo etc.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2017#485

mEm wrote:Jen only has youtube power when it is the right song and right video.
                      If the video or the song sucks, she's no different than others.
                      See Feel The Light / Love Make The World Go Round / First Love etc.
                      Exactly.
                      NTNY video killed the song that isnt even so good.

16K4,305
                      Contributor
                      16K4,305

Aug 02, 2017#486

albacho wrote:
                        mEm wrote:Jen only has youtube power when it is the right song and right video.
                        If the video or the song sucks, she's no different than others.
                        See Feel The Light / Love Make The World Go Round / First Love etc.
                        Exactly.
                        NTNY video killed the song that isnt even so good.
                        Yeah, the song is actually not good enough and with a video like this they literally murdered the single.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 02, 2017#487

Totally murdered the song . Bye jlo s team u suck as fuck

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 02, 2017#488

moejlo wrote:Totally murdered the song . Bye jlo s team u suck as fuck
                            Didn't you say you loved the video? Do I have to quote you and expose your hypocritical ass?

Master of Jenology

Aug 02, 2017#489

+1

Her worst video to the date

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 03, 2017#490

U guys like :deadhorse ... the Video could be far better and Support the song but it aint do anything for it... it wont change anything if we repeat ourselfes 1000 times :coffee

Intro to Jenology

Aug 03, 2017#491

I think General Public only want her to make tracks where she giving high energy and dancing. Look at all the songs you mentioned. "on the floor","Ain't Your Mama,Dance Again and I'm Into You and of course don't forget Booty

Contributor

Aug 03, 2017#492

JFan wrote:
                                    Didn't you say you loved the video? Do I have to quote you and expose your hypocritical ass?
                                    Expose ha! :clap

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 03, 2017#493

The views aren't great for the song, but it's no First Love.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 03, 2017#494

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                                        JFan wrote:
                                        Expose ha! :clap
                                        Yes i did but not anymore i used to ply hen s videos more than 30 times per day . This i already forgot abt it . Sorry sis

Intro to Jenology

Aug 03, 2017#495

Look at the bright side, she looks better than ever and we have her new iconic looks from this video. Yes, I wish she danced a little bit more and show more story about her and the photographer in the end, but that's ok, at least it's something different from her previous videos though.

I still love and keep watching and sharing it. Nothing we can do but support the artist who called her fans "LOVER".

Btw, Almost hits 30 million views now

Love her, click here.

Intro to Jenology

Aug 03, 2017#496

it's growing sooooo slowly

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 08, 2017#497

Passed 30 million views. 5 million off from First Love.

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 09, 2017#498

I'm scared it'll be stuck at 30 like first love and ftl

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 10, 2017#499

This video is averaging close to what OTF is doing...after 6years. Which Is 350-400k Lmao. I Was Kinda Hoping FL would remain her only streaming flop but NTNY is ready to snatch it.

On a positive note spanish songs unlike English ones randomly take off in views months after release... sometimes. That's how adrenalina and FTL got so many views. But I'm not here for this hitting a stride a year after its release when no one cares.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 10, 2017#500

The video killee the song . Imagine if she was dancing the whole video . Frustrated really

Read more posts (36 remaining)