Giuseppe Zanotti for Jennifer Lopez - Second collection

Giuseppe Zanotti for Jennifer Lopez - Second collection

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#1

Exclusive: Jennifer Lopez Chats With Bazaar About Her Latest Collection With Giuseppe Zanotti

Here's everything you need to know about the collection

Given the worldwide success of their first collaboration, it makes perfect sense that singer/actress/designer Jennifer Lopez team up with shoe designer extraordinaire Giuseppe Zanotti for a second collection. This time around, the pair evolved their designs from the debut collection to create a capsule rich in jewel tones, and not lacking in the signature embellishment we've come to know and love from J.Lo. Plus, each of the styles (which you can see in the gallery above) is named after a character Jennifer has played throughout her acting career (for example Maid in Manhattan's Gertie makes an appearance).

The collection hits shelves today and Bazaar exclusively caught up with Jennifer, who celebrated her 48th birthday this week, ahead of the launch to find out how she worked on the second collection, her favourite styles, how high is too high when it comes to heels and how she manages to still look so damn good.

Harper's Bazaar Arabia: Congratulations on the success of the first collection with Giuseppe! What can we expect from the second collection?

Jennifer Lopez: With the success of the first collection we knew we wanted to push the envelope with even more evolved styles.

HBA: What was the inspiration for this second collection?

JL: We were inspired by the rich jewel tones of peacock feathers which are perfect colors for autumn/winter and my some of my favorite colours. Plus, of course, I wanted to bring in some bling.

HBA: How long did you spend working on this second collection?

JL: We began working on this collection immediately after we designed the first.

HBA: Would you say the second collection is an extension of the first, or an evolution from it? Why is that?

JL: This collection is a natural evolution from last season’s debut. We paired the blush colors from the first collection with suedes to reflect a wintry look (black, burgundy, dark grey), and of course we kept the crystals embellishments.

HBA: What differences did you notice designing this collection compared with the first? What had you learned from your first collection that you applied or changed for the second?

JL: Giuseppe and I have the exact vision for these collections. He's a shoe genius so I trust his designs - these collaborations have been so much fun!

HBA:How has your relationship progressed throughout this collaboration?

JL: We were friends for a long time [before the collaboration] and it felt great to be able to understand his process through co-designing two capsule collections.

HBA: What is your favorite pair from the new collection? Why?

JL: Each pair of the collection has its own peculiarity, but if I had to choose one I would say the grey suede over-the-knee boot with crystal heel. I love the fact that it is so strong and so elegant at the same time.

HBA: How do you want customers to feel when they step into a pair of your shoes?

JL: Playful and sexy, feminine yet strong.

HBA: You’ve been known to wear some incredible heels during your career – how high is too high?

JL: I don’t have a limit on height but for me it’s about feeling confident in anything I wear.

HBA: How would you describe your typical day?

JL: I don’t necessarily have a “typical day” since sometimes I’m shooting Shades of Blue or World of Dance and at other times I’m performing in Vegas or working on new music. I always start my day well rested after at least 8 hours of sleep and if I can, I fit in a workout in the morning before I have to work. After a shooting day, I like to spend time with my children and friends. While I’m in Vegas for my residency, the timing of my day starts a bit later so I might spend time with my kids during the day. And even though I'm performing in the evening, I work out during the day to get my muscles moving to stretch and prepare for the physical endurance I need to maintain during the two hour show.

HBA: What does your workout routine look like?

JL: I am constantly switching things up – I like to do a mix of cardio (running, dancing, Tracy Anderson’s workout) and weight training. It’s important for you to constantly change your workout routine to keep the body guessing.

HBA: You successfully balance a music career with acting and designer all whilst being a mother – what difficulties do you face as a working mum?

JL: The same difficulties as every working mum – it’s all about balance. No matter how much I'm working, my children are my first priority.

HBA: How would you say your style has evolved over the years?

JL: I’ve always loved fashion and over the years I’ve found what styles and trends work best for me. I personally love taking risks and trying different looks.

HBA: Seeing as you’ve got it perfected, what tips would you give on keeping your style game strong once you’re a mother and/or in your 40s?

JL: Whatever age you are, you should feel comfortable in the clothes you are wearing. Just because someone is a mother, shouldn’t mean that they need to change the way they dress as long as they can feel good.

HBA: You often share glimpses into your life via your social media accounts – what have you found to be the pros and cons of social media? Do you feel like it’s changed the way you interact with your fans?

JL: Social media has been an incredible way to give fans a look into my life and interact directly with my fans. I definitely have fun with it, but I grew up in a time when it didn't exist so it isn't everything to me that it is to some people. That can be a con so it's important to remember the value and fun in it, but not let it consume you.

The second Giuseppe Zanotti x Jennifer Lopez collection is available to purchase from today with prices ranging from Dhs6,540 to Dhs11,990. Click here to shop.

Photos of the sketches & shoes: http://www.harpersbazaararabia.com/fash ... pe-zanotti

14K6,346
    Contributor
    14K6,346

Jul 27, 2017#2

Given the worldwide success of their first collaboration, it makes perfect sense that singer/actress/designer Jennifer Lopez team up with shoe designer extraordinaire Giuseppe Zanotti for a second collection. This time around, the pair evolved their designs from the debut collection to create a capsule rich in jewel tones, and not lacking in the signature embellishment we've come to know and love from J.Lo. Plus, each of the styles (which you can see in the gallery above) is named after a character Jennifer has played throughout her acting career (for example Maid in Manhattan's Gertie makes an appearance).
      that's her character in jersey Girl not MIM, surprised she picked a name from that movie

they have Puchi, harlee and Gertie there https://www.giuseppezanottidesign.com/a ... exjennifer

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#3

These are a lot better imo.

46K3,606
        Admin
        46K3,606

Jul 27, 2017#4

I added the article to the first post!

The Harlee ones are amazing, wow.

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#5

Great news!

Intro to Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#6

I don't like the names, but cool that she got the opportunity to do another collection :) were the sales good? :D
              The Gertie Ones look really cheap^^ I know they are not and those are reeeal diamonds, but they still look like shoes you could buy in a cheap store

20K7,828
              Doctor of Jenology
              20K7,828

Jul 27, 2017#7

Congrats Jen !

46K3,606
                Admin
                46K3,606

Jul 27, 2017#8

sarahs wrote:I don't like the names, but cool that she got the opportunity to do another collection :) were the sales good? :D
                  The Gertie Ones look really cheap^^ I know they are not and those are reeeal diamonds, but they still look like shoes you could buy in a cheap store
                  I don't think you'd think the same thing if you saw them in person. Swarovski crystals are really sparkly in person.

Intro to Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#9

daisylo wrote:
                    that's her character in jersey Girl not MIM, surprised she picked a name from that movie

they have Puchi, harlee and Gertie there https://www.giuseppezanottidesign.com/a ... exjennifer
                    And Marisa too so yes Maid in Manhattan's Marisa Ventura makes an appearance

12K588
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    12K588

Jul 27, 2017#10

Flawless! :love2

14K2,771
                      Contributor
                      14K2,771

Jul 27, 2017#11

Liked the first collection better
                        Too bad she didnt do one pair for men

Master of Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#12

Where's the ricki lol

Intro to Jenology

Jul 27, 2017#13

The Pucci ones are ahhmaaziiingg!! :love2 I adore the beige color, especially.

Oh, to only be that rich that I could buy those for myself. :bow

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#14

cute hope it does well!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#15

Are there any photos of her wearing some shoes from the collection?

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#16

Jul 28, 2017#17

Jul 28, 2017#18

PUCHI!

MARISA!

HARLEE!

GERTIE!

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 28, 2017#19

The black ones are AMAZING.. I would bought a pair for my sister if I had so much money.

Intro to Jenology

Jul 29, 2017#20

great work

12K588
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          12K588

Jul 29, 2017#21

FUCK! These look soooo fierce! :rockon

20K7,828
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            20K7,828

Jul 29, 2017#22

Puchi is my fave !

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 30, 2017#23

Puchi and Harlee are amazing!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 02, 2017#24

16K4,305
                                                  Contributor
                                                  16K4,305

Nov 02, 2017#25

Britney also posted about it on instagram and Jen commented

Read more posts (6 remaining)