Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 20, 2017#26

Heather is correct, the artist does not get paid to perform at the Super Bowl but they also dont pay the cost of putting on the show. Pepsi, NFL, and NBC all foot the bill for production costs.

Also, some of you mentioning that it is now or never are completely wrong. If you do your research you will see that many artists older than J.Lo have performed at the Super Bowl. For starters Madonna & Prince.

And lastly you didn't hear this from me but if you really want to make your voice heard then you should reach out to these Super Bowl Committee Members on Twitter:

Maureen Bausch- Chief Executive Officer
    @MaureenBausch

Wendy Blackshaw- Senior Vice President Marketing and Sales
    @wblackshaw

Andrea Mokros- Vice President Communications & Events
    @amokros

And the official Super Bowl Committee Twitter Page
    @MNSuperBowl2018

- Edgardo
    @DivoAndTheCity

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 20, 2017#27

FlyBoy87 wrote:
      Maureen Bausch- Chief Executive Officer
      @MaureenBausch

Wendy Blackshaw- Senior Vice President Marketing and Sales
      @wblackshaw

Andrea Mokros- Vice President Communications & Events
      @amokros

And the official Super Bowl Committee Twitter Page
      @MNSuperBowl2018

- Edgardo
      @DivoAndTheCity
      I was looking for these.. thank you Edgardo!

Master of Jenology

Jul 20, 2017#28

Some how i feel shes doing it....one of the reason why Bye Bye Birdie was postponed.... i dunno maybe im wrong but BBB being postponed still seems weird.

Intro to Jenology

Jul 20, 2017#29

Let's start tweeting...

12K11,426
          Contributor
          12K11,426

Jul 20, 2017#30

Even this late into her career I really do think she's at her best when it comes to performing. She really needs to get this Super Bowl gig. While I love Brit, she would be an absolute bore - she lost her stage precence years ago..she would of been good many moons ago. There's been rumors of Jen every year for sometime now and if it's on NBC it would be perfect. Drop a new single and get that gig..

Contributor

Jul 20, 2017#31

Don't like to be the debbie downer because ya'll know I like to go against the grain. Lol! But I'm also realistic.

Isn't she filming a movie at the end of year? I get that she can perform here and there before the date, but if it will be the same old same old from Vegas then what's really point? When Beyonce was announced as the SuperBowl performer for 2013 she went right into rehearsals as soon as she finished her press conference. She worked on it for months on end, and even had the fans in on the setlist. I think we can all agree that it came out flawless even if we don't like her.

If she is going to do this then I expect the same kind of work ethic, if not more. She can't be copy/pasting and recycling choreo/prerecorded songs from previous performances. This needs to be the performance of her lifetime, and ours. This will have also have the possibility of cementing her as a musical legend; the official triple threat of our generation. The stage, the setlist, the lighting, the choreo, the dancebreaks, the vocals (or precorded), the features, the outfits, the makeup, the hair, the props, etc., it all needs to be extremely put together. No scratch that, it needs to be exceptional and outstanding! Everything needs to be on point! This is the opportunity to finally showcase something that she's never done before, and be everything that DAWT or Vegas was not.

Despite all the drawbacks due to filming (amongst other pointless obligations), if she's determined to put more than 110% then yes I'll be here for it. Otherwise, if it's going to be half-assed then she can give up the chance to do something that could cement her status, benefit her with more streams & sales, as well as continue her longevity as she pushes closer to her 50s. That's up to her.

Contributor

Jul 20, 2017#32

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:Don't like to be the debbie downer because ya'll know I like to go against the grain. Lol! But I'm also realistic.

Isn't she filming a movie at the end of year? I get that she can perform here and there before the date, but if it will be the same old same old from Vegas then what's really point? When Beyonce was announced as the SuperBowl performer for 2013 she went right into rehearsals as soon as she finished her press conference. She worked on it for months on end, and even had the fans in on the setlist. I think we can all agree that it came out flawless even if we don't like her.

If she is going to do this then I expect the same kind of work ethic, if not more. She can't be copy/pasting and recycling choreo/prerecorded songs from previous performances. This needs to be the performance of her lifetime, and ours. This will have also have the possibility of cementing her as a musical legend; the official triple threat of our generation. The stage, the setlist, the lighting, the choreo, the dancebreaks, the vocals (or precorded), the features, the outfits, the makeup, the hair, the props, etc., it all needs to be extremely put together. No scratch that, it needs to be exceptional and outstanding! Everything needs to be on point! This is the opportunity to finally showcase something that she's never done before, and be everything that DAWT or Vegas was not.

Despite all the drawbacks due to filming (amongst other pointless obligations), if she's determined to put more than 110% then yes I'll be here for it. Otherwise, if it's going to be half-assed then she can give up the chance to do something that could cement her status, benefit her with more streams & sales, as well as continue her longevity as she pushes closer to her 50s. That's up to her.

Beyonce did the same shit she always does though. She took a lot from her tours and put it on the Super Bowl stage.

Intermediate Jenology

Jul 20, 2017#33

gotti wrote:
                  JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:Don't like to be the debbie downer because ya'll know I like to go against the grain. Lol! But I'm also realistic.

Beyonce did the same shit she always does though. She took a lot from her tours and put it on the Super Bowl stage.
                  Yep, and Jen will do the same. I'm sure there will be new stuff, but like the choreography for Get Right and On the Floor isn't going to change.

Master of Jenology

Jul 20, 2017#34

You lost me at Beyonce. Her shit was recycled and defiantly not flawless. IMO, Madonnas set was better.

Contributor

Jul 20, 2017#35

I'm waiting for the tea from a Beyhive member to see whether Beyonce's set was really recycled because I don't trust ya'll. He is typing as we speak.

Full tea coming soon. #WaitForIt
                      And don't quote me with "Idgaf! She always does the same shit". I want receipts, so I'm gettin that.

12K588
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      12K588

Jul 20, 2017#36

Basically it has to be THE performance of a lifetime. I absolutely love DAWT and Vegas but it has to be all that and more ON FUCKING STEROIDS! Jen as an artist and performer is more than capable to absolutely SLAY this but she has to choose carefully the people she works with (btw this goes for everything in her career). For me she just needs : JAMIE KING - MELINA MATSOUKAS - PARRIS GOEBEL. Get them 3 in a room and don't come out until they come out with a performance of their lives. :cool: I have faith in you Jen! :clap
                        LET'S GET IT! :rockon

Contributor

Jul 20, 2017#37

gotti wrote:

Okay so I stand corrected: "So for that one she had new choreo for 'Crazy In Love' and half of the choreo for 'Baby Boy' was new. The rest she had done before for previous concerts."

Nevertheless, the point is Jen needs to do better and slay harder. Beyonce was always about visuals. She was a part of the process from start to finish, and even asked her fans what her setlist should be like. For Jen, dancing is her best suit, so I expect killer choreo throughout. Let's just pray. I'm tired of the recycled performances and minimal choreo. She's a fucking dancer!

Master of Jenology

Jul 20, 2017#38

I'm agree with you but we need to be real: It's not about time or if she is busy or not! It's about she is lazy if she will make it I can see all i have concert convert in 15 min. + the funky break :coffee

46K3,605
                            Admin
                            46K3,605

Jul 21, 2017#39

Lazy and Jennifer Lopez should never be in the same sentence. The nonsense I read on here sometimes. I can't.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 21, 2017#40

As far as J.Lo's schedule is concerned: Yes she is scheduled to film her new film 'Second Act' in the fall once Shades of Blue Season 3 wraps, so that is around November/December. The Super Bowl is Feb 4th, so that leaves all of January for her to rehearse.

You guys are delusional if you think Beyonce and Madonna actually rehearsed for 6 months straight before their performances. You are misunderstanding the information. The planning of the performance started about 6 months before the show. Generally around the time they announce the performer. J.Lo is a seasoned dancer and performer, it only took her a couple of months to rehearse her All I Have show. So learning a 12 minute performance can take her far less than that time.

When it comes to performances, J.Lo always turns it out and slays. Why do you even think people want her for the Super Bowl in the first place? So there is no doubt in my mind or any concern at all that she wont put on a great show.

And I don't mind if she recycles some of her old dance routines. The Get Right dance is iconic, and keep in mind that to us die hard fans some of these dances may be old. But to the average Super Bowl viewer it will be their first time seeing what she can really do.

If it wasn't for Gaga coming out with Joanne, I'm pretty certain it would've been JLo last year. But the hype for a JLo Halftime Show is growing with each year and this year she is a top contender for sure.

Jul 21, 2017#41

JenRox wrote:Lazy and Jennifer Lopez should never be in the same sentence. The nonsense I read on here sometimes. I can't.
                                  Exactly. Smfh

Master of Jenology

Jul 21, 2017#42

FlyBoy87 wrote:As far as J.Lo's schedule is concerned: Yes she is scheduled to film her new film 'Second Act' in the fall once Shades of Blue Season 3 wraps, so that is around November/December. The Super Bowl is Feb 4th, so that leaves all of January for her to rehearse.

You guys are delusional if you think Beyonce and Madonna actually rehearsed for 6 months straight before their performances. You are misunderstanding the information. The planning of the performance started about 6 months before the show. Generally around the time they announce the performer. J.Lo is a seasoned dancer and performer, it only took her a couple of months to rehearse her All I Have show. So learning a 12 minute performance can take her far less than that time.

When it comes to performances, J.Lo always turns it out and slays. Why do you even think people want her for the Super Bowl in the first place? So there is no doubt in my mind or any concern at all that she wont put on a great show.

And I don't mind if she recycles some of her old dance routines. The Get Right dance is iconic, and keep in mind that to us die hard fans some of these dances may be old. But to the average Super Bowl viewer it will be their first time seeing what she can really do.

If it wasn't for Gaga coming out with Joanne, I'm pretty certain it would've been JLo last year. But the hype for a JLo Halftime Show is growing with each year and this year she is a top contender for sure.

Only time will tell. Even if she don't do it people making a big deal on these big shows that it will keep her relevant. These shows are platform to showcase her self as an artist and music. Again,Jen has nothing to prove or feel like she missing out. If she wanted to do it she could of done it since child 2001-2005. But due to scheduling in her movie career was high demand .only reason people making a big deal is the fans. Of course she will slay but if she don't do it she not loosing any sleep or money or type of stardom. She fine where she at,money coming perfectly fine with her producing shows and "Shades Of Blue" etc everyone here whine and complain like she becoming irrelevant. Ladies & Gents time changing there always reinvention happening. Get use to it get over it and move on. Jennifer is a Icon and these shows and awards should not define her less of a sell out so please go bore me with your own different opinions.

12K588
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    12K588

Jul 21, 2017#43

JenRox wrote:Lazy and Jennifer Lopez should never be in the same sentence. The nonsense I read on here sometimes. I can't.
                                      Seriously! I'm here reading like...

Intro to Jenology

Jul 21, 2017#44

this get me a headache

14K2,614
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        14K2,614

Jul 21, 2017#45

I don't want NAPPYTABS for this proyect !!!! I want someone bigger with new ideas and a really big show

14K2,609
                                          Admin
                                          14K2,609

Jul 21, 2017#46

Sometimes you just have to shake your head and keep it moving on here...sighs! Anyway, I hope she does it!! :smile:

Master of Jenology

Jul 21, 2017#47

she is a money maker for sure! she is smart and takes every opportunity in the business but when we talk about the singer/performer how can I call to someone who makes the same perfomances throught the years even when she didn't writte her own lyrics (brave-caum- 1 or 3 love's and rebirth's songs) ?

Master of Jenology

Jul 21, 2017#48

platanopower wrote:
                                                tajegu wrote:
                                                platanopower wrote:
                                                Luka711 wrote:^Artists dont pay for anything. They dont get any money, but dont spend anything either.
                                                At least that's what I read.
                                                Sorry, Artists have to pay for the whole production out of their own money. It comes down to how big or cheap they go, it can run between 3 to 5 millions. All paid by the artist, Jen is cheap so she will recycle the Vega show and it will cost her a few dollars :lol:
                                                What do you mean?! Clarify me NOW or I will come for your wig so bad >:
                                                Cheap with production, just look at her latest video :lol: hell, even her vegas show , what save her is that she's an amazing performances and don't need too much props
                                                Well despite her not invested A lot on stage but I have to disagree. Her performances are great and so many artists like Beyonce, Mariah carey, Britney and Taylor Swift copied her moves, dance choreography, outfits...this is huge. She is a legendary performer. She keeps it "classic Jlo type" =dancing and singing

Jul 21, 2017#49

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote: If she is going to do this then I expect the same kind of work ethic, if not more. She can't be copy/pasting and recycling choreo/prerecorded songs from previous performances. This needs to be the performance of her lifetime, and ours. This will have also have the possibility of cementing her as a musical legend; the official triple threat of our generation. The stage, the setlist, the lighting, the choreo, the dancebreaks, the vocals (or precorded), the features, the outfits, the makeup, the hair, the props, etc., it all needs to be extremely put together. No scratch that, it needs to be exceptional and outstanding! Everything needs to be on point! This is the opportunity to finally showcase something that she's never done before, and be everything that DAWT or Vegas was not.
                                                  Surprised by I do agree :bow
                                                  What really make Jlo a different persona in the bizz is her uniqueness. I mean her being an icon. The major trendsetter. I want a historical performance. Being as iconic as herself. Something that other artists take notes. I don't have any doubts about her outfits or glam cuz she the Goddess.

Intro to Jenology

Jul 21, 2017#50

PREACH!!!!!!!!

all the meltdowns and nothing being announced... i dont know about all these fairweather fans.. but my favorite thing about being a jlover fan since Mi Familia is that she always made me proud, she always works her butt off and she does such exciting things....i have faith in her... ive had faith in her all these years... even when i doubt her ( ie american idol) she goes and shows me that everything will be fine or better then fine.... i know she wont embarrass herself or her fans...she has got this.. and it will be easier knowing her true fans are supporting her along the way... Go jenny go

Read more posts (185 remaining)