Tom Ferry & TRU Concept - Play My Song (feat Dee Ajayi)

Tom Ferry & TRU Concept - Play My Song (feat Dee Ajayi)

Master of Jenology

Jul 17, 2017#1

The new younger generous enjoying a J.Lo classic :confetti :love2

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2017#2

WOW! It's nice...

Bachelor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2017#3

This song brings me so many memories... I feel old now lol

16K4,305
        Contributor
        16K4,305

Jul 17, 2017#4

This song is such a classic JLo song. Its there with Waiting For Tonight, Lets Get Loud, Aint It Funny original, Jenny From The Block...

Intro to Jenology

Jul 17, 2017#5

Original is better, even the J to tha LO remix version

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2017#6

I very much believe Jen hates this song and the only reason it was released was because of her label. Either that or she probably hates the association and bad rep it gets cuz the person (not gonna name ha ass!) who sang the chorus. She could easily re-record this song without her and include in Vegas. On the floor-Play- Waiting For Tonight what kinda slayage but nope she wants to sing dianne warwick and celia cruz. This is a great cover by the way. sounds nice.

14K2,771
              Contributor
              14K2,771

Jul 17, 2017#7

If this turns out to be a hit maybe it will wake her up in order she starts to perform this song again
                Would be a welcome switch since her setlist hardly changed a thing since the dance again tour

12K11,428
                Contributor
                12K11,428

Jul 17, 2017#8

masc86 wrote:If this turns out to be a hit maybe it will wake her up in order she starts to perform this song again
                  Would be a welcome switch since her setlist hardly changed a thing since the dance again tour
                  Her set list is quite boring and predictable. I really wish she would switch things up a bit and perform some different songs.

Anyways, this song is cute and brings back great memories. Play was never one of my fav Jen songs but its a cute song. As someone mentioned above with Christina being all over the chorus...same thing goes for IR and AIF remix with Ashanti pretty much singing the entire song. Goes to show how little control she had / or has over her music.

Doctor of Jenology

Jul 17, 2017#9

Love it!

Contributor

Jul 17, 2017#10

Christina Milian is collecting checks. Still trying to figure out why Jennifer hasn't tapped into Tropical House smh

Intro to Jenology

Jul 18, 2017#11

Crazy4JenL wrote:
                        masc86 wrote:If this turns out to be a hit maybe it will wake her up in order she starts to perform this song again
                        Her set list is quite boring and predictable. I really wish she would switch things up a bit and perform some different songs.

Anyways, this song is cute and brings back great memories. Play was never one of my fav Jen songs but its a cute song. As someone mentioned above with Christina being all over the chorus...same thing goes for IR and AIF remix with Ashanti pretty much singing the entire song. Goes to show how little control she had / or has over her music.

I don't think it's really her having or not having control. I think whoever produced it just wanted to keep that or maybe she did. It's like for example how Rihanna kept Sias background for Diamonds even the way sia screams and breaks Rihanna did that whole skit too. I think Jen did the same with Expertise when she says "passion" in the song. It happens where they like how it sounds because artist like hearing themselves differently.

Maybe Jen just doesn't see it as a big hit. It would be nice tho if she's planning on adding some new Spanish tracks and change up a bit of the playlist for next round in Vegas

Master of Jenology

Jul 18, 2017#12

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Christina Milian is collecting checks. Still trying to figure out why Jennifer hasn't tapped into Tropical House smh

we said that ages ago. A Tropical House track by Kygo would be perfect to open a spanish era.

Contributor

Jul 19, 2017#13

Wellyver wrote:
                            RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Christina Milian is collecting checks. Still trying to figure out why Jennifer hasn't tapped into Tropical House smh

we said that ages ago. A Tropical House track by Kygo would be perfect to open a spanish era.

Blame Jen's YES team

Master of Jenology

Jul 22, 2017#14

Can someone make a thread for this on ATRL?

SPotify:

:confetti

Contributor

Jul 22, 2017#15

I would love to hear Jen re-record play without Milian's vocals

Contributor

Jul 23, 2017#16

gotti wrote:I would love to hear Jen re-record play without Milian's vocals

There's a reason Tommy kept Milian's vocals on that record...

Master of Jenology

Jul 23, 2017#17

This is currently going Viral On certain Spotify Charts,

Canada
                                    Germany
                                    Belgium
                                    Poland
                                    Netherlands

:woot

14K678
                                    Admin
                                    14K678

Jul 23, 2017#18

We kind off got a version without Christina's vocals already.:

Bonus performance with live vocals :D :

Contributor

Jul 24, 2017#19

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:

There's a reason Tommy kept Milian's vocals on that record...
                                        I screamed. :lmao

Jul 24, 2017#20

SC88 wrote:
                                          We kind off got a version without Christina's vocals already.:

Bonus performance with live vocals :D :

One of her few "LIVE" performances from the early 00s where she sounds more confident in herself. I don't know whether she loves the lyrics or the production, but she always killed it!

"PLAYY MY MOTHERFUCKING SONG!! UHHH!"

Can you imagine her slaying this today? I just don't get why she hasn't performed it.
                                          Such a hype song.

22K4,141
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          22K4,141

Jul 24, 2017#21

She even snubbed Play and I'm Gonna Be Alright from her Greatest Hits album, but she kept Feelin' So Good on it. lol I still can't get over of how her greatest hits album should have been.

12K1,502
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            12K1,502

Jul 24, 2017#22

She must hate this song.

It's like Beyonce pays her number 1 hit Check on it, Dust to.

Intro to Jenology

Jul 26, 2017#23

When Jennifer left Epic in 2010 she agreed to sign over recording copyrights instead of keeping control of certain songs like I'm Real original, Ain't It Funny original, Play. Of course she got paid for "selling" them to Epic. This is the main reason she can't perform any of these songs officially, in public. She only has rights to royalties. She would only get those songs back if the label was shut down.

Intro to Jenology

Jul 26, 2017#24

Lacroix wrote:When Jennifer left Epic in 2010 she agreed to sign over recording copyrights instead of keeping control of certain songs like I'm Real original, Ain't It Funny original, Play. Of course she got paid for "selling" them to Epic. This is the main reason she can't perform any of these songs officially, in public. She only has rights to royalties. She would only get those songs back if the label was shut down.
                                                  I didn't know about this.
                                                  So she can't use these songs anymore? and why only these?

Master of Jenology

Jul 26, 2017#25

Lacroix wrote:When Jennifer left Epic in 2010 she agreed to sign over recording copyrights instead of keeping control of certain songs like I'm Real original, Ain't It Funny original, Play. Of course she got paid for "selling" them to Epic. This is the main reason she can't perform any of these songs officially, in public. She only has rights to royalties. She would only get those songs back if the label was shut down.
                                                    Nah.

If it was this way, she would sing these songs now since she is with Epic again or during the DAWT. Also, why epic would want the flops and moderate hits and not the real hits?
                                                    She doesny like these songs, it is very clear.

Read more posts (6 remaining)