Master of Jenology

Mar 31, 2017#226

I think she will do 50/50 or some percentage live and the other prerecorded. She's good at it and it will look/sound cleaner. She does it all the time at AI when there is actual live singers next to her so why not. I'm all for it.

Plus we know Jen is a perfectionist and those lil live bloops like those previous live shows will kill her inside lol

26K8,905
    Doctor of Jenology
    26K8,905

Mar 31, 2017#227

I'm here for 100% Live-Lo. :bow

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 23, 2017#228

Jennifer Lopez's Bye Bye Birdie Live gets a release date... as NBC chairman Robert Greenblatt hints a live version of Wicked could be in the works

Jennifer Lopez will be starring in the live TV version of Bye Bye Birdie.
        And on Friday Robert Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC TV, announced that the musical will be taking place on December 5, according to Showbiz 411. He also teased that a live version of Wicked could happen one day.
        Greenblatt was on stage at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills to talk about the work that went into pulling off 2016's Hairspray Live with Kristin Chenoweth, who was also present.
        Chenoweth, who worked with Lopez on The Boy Next Door, said that her pal was going to 'nail' starring in Bye Bye Birdie.
        There was also talk that Kristin's Broadway show could one day become a live TV event - the star played Glinda, the good witch.
        http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -date.html

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 23, 2017#229

its a start ok. well i just hope she can pull this off with all the other projects she has coming

46K3,606
          Admin
          46K3,606

Apr 23, 2017#230

Up next, is “Bye Bye Birdie Live!,” starring Jennifer Lopez. “We’re designing the sets, the costumes and working on the script now, so we’re just getting started,” Zadan shared with AXS. “There’s not really a whole lot to report yet. But there will be in the next couple of months.”

https://www.axs.com/kristin-chenoweth-h ... air-117655

Bachelor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#231

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/ ... 102115318/
              Cancelled.
              It will be researched for 2018 so no plan for it this year!
              Film that HBO movie please!

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

May 25, 2017#232

This is fucking depressing.

Master of Jenology

May 25, 2017#233

This is terrible.

Elaine, find a role for Jlo right now. She should use this free time she'll have, to do a movie.

Doctor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#234

I was so excited about this project. What happened?

23K5,924
                    Doctor of Jenology
                    23K5,924

May 25, 2017#235

They were even talking about this in interviews, NBC has even made a promo for it during Hairspray last year, like WHAT HAPPENED? :argh I was so excited for it.

14K6,346
                      Contributor
                      14K6,346

May 25, 2017#236

how weird, this project sounded fun but I'm not too sad about this well only if she films the Griselda movie at the end of the year instead and maybe she'll be able to do some promo in europe for the Spanish album.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#237

NBC said BBB was too old and doesnt have famous songs, young people wont wantch it.

Doctor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#238

Love_JLO wrote:NBC said BBB was too old and doesnt have famous songs, young people wont wantch it.
                            Lol that's so fail reason to cancel a whole production.. they didn't thought about that before they announced/promoted it?

23K5,924
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            23K5,924

May 25, 2017#239

Love_JLO wrote:NBC said BBB was too old and doesnt have famous songs, young people wont wantch it.
                              Source?

Because they could've known that before they announced it.

FFS. :doh

14K6,346
                              Contributor
                              14K6,346

May 25, 2017#240

^ maybe they felt that they couldn't say no to Jen ? she's the one who brought it to them, also Hairspray didn't do that well, it might have something to do with that.

Contributor

May 25, 2017#241

Jen is probably SO upset. How disappointing, I was really excited for this because the general public would appreciate Jen's performance skills so much more.

23K5,924
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  23K5,924

May 25, 2017#242

I wonder what she'll say about this.

Obviously, I bet she's been let know a while in advance, but still... We all got our hopes up.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#243

nixy1991 wrote:
                                      Source?

According what I posted the link from USA Today.

Doctor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#244

What about postponed it because of Jen's schedule? Maybe they'll keep this year to promote her Spanish album and film the Griselda movie, and they'll air the musical in 2018.

Bachelor of Jenology

May 25, 2017#245

I really want her film that movie this year and air that next year because CZJ's will be air next year too,its not good for Jens.

23K5,924
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          23K5,924

May 25, 2017#246

Love_JLO wrote:
                                            nixy1991 wrote:
                                            Source?

According what I posted the link from USA Today.
                                            Yeah, but that didn't seem like it was coming from NBC, but the person writing the article.
                                            NBC claims the rival projects were not a factor in its decision to postpone Birdie, based on a 1960 Broadway musical starring Dick Van Dyke and Chita Rivera that was made into a 1963 movie with Van Dyke and Janet Leigh. Instead, it blamed scheduling issues. Lopez also stars in NBC drama Shades of Blue, is a judge on its summer World of Dance competition, premiering Tuesday, and is performing in Las Vegas at least through early October. But the 57-year-old musical, with few well-known songs (Put on a Happy Face) was unlikely to win over younger fans.
                                            Either way, I'm pissed.

Intro to Jenology

May 25, 2017#247

Well thank the lord they cancelled this. I feel this project should not be in Jen Calibar. She has so much that she involved with let's go down the list shall we?

Shades Of Blue S3 Filmig currently
                                              Album and Promoting
                                              Vegas
                                              World Of Dance.

Looks like out of so much her team wanted to invest there time,money and energy on this project they come to realize they can't have it all. I think Jen should focus on this Album which took 2/1.5 years to make and promote the hell out of it from Summer-Dec. hopefully we can have some hopes to get at least 3 singles or 4. Bye Bye Birdie can wait,if she wanna do some acting then maybe they can focus on Griselda. But there was word there not filming that untill 2018. So let's not be sad and let us all rejoice. One less problem to not worry about.

14K6,346
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,346

May 25, 2017#248

Well for now it's pushed back not canceled.
                                                A source assures EW that NBC is “still very excited about the production.”
                                                http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/25/nbc-bye-bye ... postponed/

23K5,924
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                23K5,924

May 25, 2017#249

Pushed back = cancelled.

So annoying.

This could've been one of the greatest moments of her career.

Give us the Spanish album now, Queen.

14K2,771
                                                  Contributor
                                                  14K2,771

May 25, 2017#250

Ugh this sucks
                                                    Was excited about this
                                                    This was a great opportunity for her to show off all her talents to a huge audience

Read more posts (107 remaining)