Random Gossip & Articles #40

All the latest Jennifer Lopez news, pictures, gossip, appearances, etc.
User avatar
ImIntoJLo
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 10249
Joined: Jan 14th, 2012, 7:18 pm

by ImIntoJLo, Dec 1st, 2016, 1:26 pm

Greatest of All Time: Top 10 Dance Club Songs Year-by-Year, 1976-2015

by Billboard Staf

A look back at the biggest year-end club hits over the chart's first 40 years.

Billboard is celebrating the first 40 years of the Dance Club Songs chart, which launched in 1976.

Madonna is the chart's No. 1 artist in that span, while countless moments (OK, we counted … 40, specifically) have highlighted the tally as dance has segued from disco to EDM with numerous styles in between.

Let's also look back at the top 10 songs annually on Dance Club Songs, as recapped in Billboard magazine and (later) online, from 1976 to 2015.

From something old (although timeless) to "Something New," here are the biggest hits, year-by-year, on each year-end Billboard Dance Club Songs chart.

[...]

2014

1. "Never Say Never," Basement Jaxx
2. "Do It Again," Royksopp & Robyn
3. "Take Me Away," Rokelle feat. Dave Aude
4. "Pretty Hurts," Beyonce
5. "I Got U," Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones
6. "Really Don't Care," Demi Lovato
7. "First Love," Jennifer Lopez
8. "Dark Horse," Katy Perry feat. Juicy J
9. "Chandelier," Sia
10. "Aftermath (Here We Go)," Dave Aude feat. Andy Bell

[...]

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7595924/greatest-of-all-time-top-10-dance-club-songs-year-by-year

She's also at #9 on 100 Greatest of All Time Top Dance Club Artists list.
User avatar
CosTaSsSs
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 23258
Joined: Jan 24th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by CosTaSsSs, Dec 1st, 2016, 1:30 pm

Well deserved tbh!
User avatar
DominicanPapiBlaze
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2846
Joined: Jan 14th, 2010, 7:00 pm

by DominicanPapiBlaze, Dec 1st, 2016, 2:10 pm

Waiting for Tonight and On the Floor didn't make it? Even Get Right! Not a good list
User avatar
ImIntoJLo
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 10249
Joined: Jan 14th, 2012, 7:18 pm

by ImIntoJLo, Dec 1st, 2016, 3:03 pm

It was based on Billboard's year-end charts. First Love was the only J.Lo single that did hit top 10 in this category so it made the list.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2014/dance-club-songs

But she surely has most memorable dancefloor jams lol. I think even Live It Up (#49 in 2013's chart) is actually more remarkable.
User avatar
ImIntoJLo
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 10249
Joined: Jan 14th, 2012, 7:18 pm

by ImIntoJLo, Dec 1st, 2016, 5:53 pm

SC88 wrote:Jennifer's nominated for 3 Los 40 Music Awards in Spain :D



International artist of the year
International song of the year
International music video of the year

Hopefully she'll perform at the show, to promote her Spanish single

Sia won the first two categories, I didn't see the video one.



Edit: Sia won the video category too...
User avatar
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7248
Joined: Apr 9th, 2014, 4:08 am

by daisylo, Dec 2nd, 2016, 2:11 am

Ryan Guzman interview

HB: What was it like working with Jennifer Lopez on The Boy Next Door?

RG: She's another reason why I work so hard. There are people in my life who push me towards what I want a little bit harder. Just watching her put on so many different hats at once and do it effortlessly, and make everybody else in the world think it's easy to do-write a book, write a movie, produce a TV show, judge on another TV show, dance at her own concert-to do all of this at one time, [she makes it look] easy to do. For her to make it seem like it? That's poetry itself. Hopefully one day I can do the exact same thing. I can have many different hats on and make it feel effortless and still give the attention I need to all my loved ones and make it worthwhile. She's inspiration to the core.

HB: Do you still keep in touch?

RG: Oh yeah, of course. She's a sweetheart. She's helped me out, actually, quite a bit, when I had questions about certain things, because I'm new to this whole industry. She's come from humble beginnings, I come from humble beginnings, and I owe her a lot of credit.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/ryan-guzman ... soc_trk=tw
User avatar
rafaelsalguero
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12197
Joined: Nov 12th, 2003, 7:00 pm
Location: MEXICO

by rafaelsalguero, Dec 3rd, 2016, 1:02 am

WTF !! Do You Believe this:

Image
User avatar
Love_JLO
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 1043
Joined: May 24th, 2014, 7:14 am

by Love_JLO, Dec 3rd, 2016, 1:41 am

She better promo her own music.
User avatar
Wellyver
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3606
Joined: Mar 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

by Wellyver, Dec 3rd, 2016, 8:24 am

rafaelsalguero wrote:WTF !! Do You Believe this:

Image


Image
User avatar
RLO
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 1222
Joined: Feb 27th, 2014, 5:34 pm

by RLO, Dec 3rd, 2016, 9:02 am

:fool:
rafaelsalguero wrote:WTF !! Do You Believe this:

Image
User avatar
LoveJennyLo
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 6038
Joined: Jun 13th, 2005, 7:00 pm
Location: Poland

by LoveJennyLo, Dec 3rd, 2016, 12:00 pm

ImIntoJLo wrote:
SC88 wrote:Jennifer's nominated for 3 Los 40 Music Awards in Spain :D



International artist of the year
International song of the year
International music video of the year

Hopefully she'll perform at the show, to promote her Spanish single

Sia won the first two categories, I didn't see the video one.

Spain loves her :love Too bad she didn't attend.



Edit: Sia won the video category too...
User avatar
Luka711
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12440
Joined: Oct 13th, 2008, 7:00 pm

by Luka711, Dec 3rd, 2016, 12:12 pm

As Selena ? Just LOL !
User avatar
Wellyver
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3606
Joined: Mar 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

by Wellyver, Dec 5th, 2016, 5:54 am

Scott Barnes
Follow · 16 hrs ·

So far back Sunday ... Lol on the set of the Jenny from the block video with Jennifer Lopez I'm holding up the fur so I don't get body bling on the white fur.... Fur on the beach !! One of the most beautiful women ever ❤️❤️❤️



User avatar
Mille Backer
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3999
Joined: Dec 20th, 2014, 10:21 pm
Location: Brazil

by Mille Backer, Dec 5th, 2016, 8:01 am

I could have sworn it was Ben holding the fur coat!
User avatar
Love_JLO
Bachelor of Jenology
Posts: 1043
Joined: May 24th, 2014, 7:14 am

by Love_JLO, Dec 5th, 2016, 8:03 am

Hope they can work together again,he gave her really good make up.
User avatar
LoveJennyLo
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 6038
Joined: Jun 13th, 2005, 7:00 pm
Location: Poland

by LoveJennyLo, Dec 5th, 2016, 12:16 pm

Scott is the best makeup artist. Let's hope they will work togethet again.
User avatar
selena lopez
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 12701
Joined: Aug 28th, 2007, 7:00 pm

by selena lopez, Dec 5th, 2016, 1:53 pm

daisylo wrote:Ryan Guzman interview

HB: What was it like working with Jennifer Lopez on The Boy Next Door?

RG: She's another reason why I work so hard. There are people in my life who push me towards what I want a little bit harder. Just watching her put on so many different hats at once and do it effortlessly, and make everybody else in the world think it's easy to do-write a book, write a movie, produce a TV show, judge on another TV show, dance at her own concert-to do all of this at one time, [she makes it look] easy to do. For her to make it seem like it? That's poetry itself. Hopefully one day I can do the exact same thing. I can have many different hats on and make it feel effortless and still give the attention I need to all my loved ones and make it worthwhile. She's inspiration to the core.

HB: Do you still keep in touch?

RG: Oh yeah, of course. She's a sweetheart. She's helped me out, actually, quite a bit, when I had questions about certain things, because I'm new to this whole industry. She's come from humble beginnings, I come from humble beginnings, and I owe her a lot of credit.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/ryan-guzman ... soc_trk=tw



Jennifer should of got him in SOB I really like him and think hes a pretty decent actor to
User avatar
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7248
Joined: Apr 9th, 2014, 4:08 am

by daisylo, Dec 5th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Meh, he's not that good
User avatar
nixy1991
Doctor of Jenology
Posts: 20327
Joined: Oct 13th, 2009, 7:00 pm

by nixy1991, Dec 5th, 2016, 2:58 pm

He's charismatic, but he hasn't been given a lot to work with so far in his career. He was good in Everybody Wants Some this year, but that was hardly a demanding role.
User avatar
JenRox
Admin
Admin
Posts: 52327
Joined: Mar 16th, 2003, 7:00 pm
Location: USA

by JenRox, Dec 5th, 2016, 3:10 pm

He's on Notorious and he's alright, I suppose. It's not hard material by any means, though, LOL. He does have charisma and seems like a nice enough guy.
User avatar
DominicanPapiBlaze
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2846
Joined: Jan 14th, 2010, 7:00 pm

by DominicanPapiBlaze, Dec 8th, 2016, 1:48 pm

E! news mentioned her debating if her stardom is fading away.. they arguing her starring is fading away.. Because she is doing all these live TV she has neglected her movie career but they also said she is on her way to becoming the simon cowel of live TV. They also said that JLO brand is so big that is hard for per say directors cast her in movies because she will always be JLO and that she might just be fine with that.
User avatar
daisylo
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7248
Joined: Apr 9th, 2014, 4:08 am

by daisylo, Dec 8th, 2016, 1:56 pm

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:E! news mentioned her debating if her stardom is fading away.. they arguing her starring is fading away.. Because she is doing all these live TV she has neglected her movie career but they also said she is on her way to becoming the simon cowel of live TV. They also said that JLO brand is so big that is hard for per say directors cast her in movies because she will always be JLO and that she might just be fine with that.


It's sad that she's not working more on the big screen but the great movie opportunities aren't there for her and that in over a decade, the 2 good roles she had during that time (El cantante & SOB) she had to produce them for herself, i wish she wasn't doing the dance show but her other TV work and the ones coming are really interesting and she's far from JLO there it's better to have that than wait for a movie that may never come. That said I hope she'll be able to get some good supporting roles here and there if it's with great directors.
St Lucia
Intro to Jenology
Posts: 148
Joined: May 11th, 2016, 8:46 am

by St Lucia, Dec 8th, 2016, 2:37 pm

DominicanPapiBlaze wrote:E! news mentioned her debating if her stardom is fading away.. they arguing her starring is fading away.. Because she is doing all these live TV she has neglected her movie career but they also said she is on her way to becoming the simon cowel of live TV. They also said that JLO brand is so big that is hard for per say directors cast her in movies because she will always be JLO and that she might just be fine with that.


E is on Mariah Carey's payroll, doesn't she have a reality TV show on their network,don't pay them
Any mind
User avatar
Wellyver
Master of Jenology
Posts: 3606
Joined: Mar 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

by Wellyver, Dec 8th, 2016, 4:35 pm

Just saw an interview with Anastacia.

She was explaining why she never had success in the US. There was some field among Sony and some major radio stations back in the day and she was blacklisted in the US. Her singles wouldn't even be properly released there anymore. I guess that's why "Enough is Enough" was never released.
User avatar
DominicanPapiBlaze
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2846
Joined: Jan 14th, 2010, 7:00 pm

by DominicanPapiBlaze, Dec 8th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Wellyver wrote:Just saw an interview with Anastacia.

She was explaining why she never had success in the US. There was some field among Sony and some major radio stations back in the day and she was blacklisted in the US. Her singles wouldn't even be properly released there anymore. I guess that's why "Enough is Enough" was never released.


Who is that woman? What does that has to do with Jennifer?

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: an@1, Yahoo[Bot] and 24 guests