Doctor of Jenology

Jul 29, 2016#51

Anybody watching STRANGER THINGS?

I LOVE IT

I love the kids, Winnona, everything, Including the Music/Score LOL O:)

14K6,346
    Contributor
    14K6,346

Aug 16, 2016#52

Stranger things was awesome it was like a mix of ET and Poltergeists so good.

Started watching The Get down pretty great so far, Netflix killing it as usual.

14K678
      Admin
      14K678

Aug 16, 2016#53

It's like a mix of everything 80s. I like how they didn't reference everything in a cheesy way. You really get to feel like you are back in the 80s. Probably the best series I've watched this year.

I watched one episode of The Get Down yesterday. I'm not really into it yet. I feel like the introduction to the Story dragged on for way to long. The final 15 minuten were good. Maybe I'll like it beter after watching the second episode.

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Aug 16, 2016#54

Stranger Things was absolutely fantastic, I loved it. I am so glad this was an 8-episode season; most Netflix shows start to drag by ep. 10 or so. It surprised me a couple times, too, I didn't think the show would go in that direction. The girl who played Eleven was especially great. She has quite a future ahead of her.

I watched 5 episodes of Rodies, and damn, is that show awful. There's literally no storyline, the actors are given NOTHING to work with, and the whole look of the show seems so cheap, it looks like something it would end up on network TV like 10 years ago. Too bad, cause the cast is pretty good. What happened to Cameron Crowe? Avoid it.

14K678
          Admin
          14K678

Aug 25, 2016#55

The Get Down, turned out to be much better than I thought it was going to be after the first episode. The first episode was an unnecessarily long introduction. I'm glad it picked up after that, the music was nicely integrated into the story. It was kind of like watching the theme of Jennifer's Vegas show in a TV show. With the Latin, Hip Hop, disco, Bronx, Voguing etc. Would've been nice if Jennifer was a part of the show, since she grew up in the Bronx around that time.

14K6,346
            Contributor
            14K6,346

Aug 25, 2016#56

SC88 wrote:The Get Down, turned out to be much better than I thought it was going to be after the first episode. The first episode was an unnecessarily long introduction. I'm glad it picked up after that, the music was nicely integrated into the story. It was kind of like watching the theme of Jennifer's Vegas show in a TV show. With the Latin, Hip Hop, disco, Bronx, Voguing etc. Would've been nice if Jennifer was a part of the show, since she grew up in the Bronx around that time.
              yeah I was thinking the same thing while watching the show.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 24, 2016#57

Anybody watching The Exorcist? First episode looked great.

14K6,346
                Contributor
                14K6,346

Sep 27, 2016#58

^ nope nope !

:woot

so fun to see them together again, they could easily reboot the show, make it happen Netflix!

Sep 27, 2016#59

looks good.

Intro to Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#60

jenNY88 wrote:Anybody watching The Exorcist? First episode looked great.
                      Yes, I really enjoyed it. Hope the rest of the season keeps me tuning in.

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 29, 2016#61

Can't believe some of you watch so much TV SHOW.
                        You guys are all single with no job, no studies, no friends, no family, no fav to stan for. :coffee

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Oct 16, 2016#62

:clap

23K5,924
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          23K5,924

Oct 17, 2016#63

Looks amazing, the cast is insane, I love all 4 leads. :woot

10K7
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            10K7

Oct 17, 2016#64

What a great teaser. It looks interesting.

Oct 24, 2016#65

Just watched the overhyped Stranger Things this weekend, lol.

I thought it would be just a silly attempt of recreating a 80's movie but actually I loved it. The plot is good and simple enough to attract all age groups, it also has tons of drama, psychological thriller and humor just right. The direction and photography were on point and the whole cast was great. The soundtrack is magic, ofc.

I don't know if I will like the second season because the finale was great and ended up the plot the way it should be.
                                ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                                But of course they want to make more money lol

22K4,141
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                22K4,141

Oct 24, 2016#66

ImIntoJLo wrote:Just watched the overhyped Stranger Things this weekend, lol.

I thought it would be just a silly attempt of recreating a 80's movie but actually I loved it. The plot is good and simple enough to attract all age groups, it also has tons of drama, psychological thriller and humor just right. The direction and photography were on point and the whole cast was great. The soundtrack is magic, ofc.

I don't know if I will like the second season because the finale was great and ended up the plot the way it should be.
                                  ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                                  But of course they want to make more money lol
                                  They said that they don't want to push the show for many seasons. It most likely hold up for two more seasons. To be honest, I like it that way.

10K7
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  10K7

Oct 24, 2016#67

^ We'll see, hopefully it's going to be as good as the first season.
                                    ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

I'm Going to watch the new ep of TWD now.

14K6,346
                                    Contributor
                                    14K6,346

Oct 25, 2016#68

CosTaSsSs wrote: They said that they don't want to push the show for many seasons. It most likely hold up for two more seasons. To be honest, I like it that way.
                                      where did you see that? I read the complete opposite, the producersaid that they're hoping for several more seasons and that they'll keep the same cast with some new additions and that the kids will grow up with the show.

Oct 25, 2016#69

ImIntoJLo wrote:
                                        I'm Going to watch the new ep of TWD now.

I'm traumatized it was fucking disgusting, if this season is gonna be this brutal not sure I'm gonna watch it and I didn't really like Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Logan, too much smirking.

22K4,141
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        22K4,141

Oct 25, 2016#70

daisylo wrote:
                                          CosTaSsSs wrote: They said that they don't want to push the show for many seasons. It most likely hold up for two more seasons. To be honest, I like it that way.
                                          where did you see that? I read the complete opposite, the producersaid that they're hoping for several more seasons and that they'll keep the same cast with some new additions and that the kids will grow up with the show.
                                          I remember reading that they don't want to push the show for a lot of seasons but try other things as well in the future! It's weird, I'm pretty sure that's what I read!

14K6,346
                                          Contributor
                                          14K6,346

Oct 25, 2016#71

that's the one I read and in an other one he said that he want to keep the same actors for many seasons if possible.
                                            When asked where they see the show going and if they envision another season with the same characters, the answer was “yes!”

“The answer is yes and yes. We definitely are hopeful to go several more seasons,” said Levy. “And the plan is to continue with this set of characters while introducing a few critical key new ones next season. So I’ll just say that a lot of the big mysteries get answered at the end of Season 1, but we are very much kind of unearthing new problems and questions that merit future stories and future investigation in the most enjoyable way.”
                                            http://www.indiewire.com/2016/07/strang ... 201708595/

20K7,821
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            20K7,821

Oct 25, 2016#72

Everyone seems to love TWD and I never could get into it ... I've seen like 3 episodes ... lol

10K7
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              10K7

Oct 25, 2016#73

I love it even because it's more a survivor drama than a horror series. But there's tons of blood and violence, so if you are not used to this kind of stuff you won't like it at all.

I didn't have time yesterday but I promise to myself that I'm going to watch the new ep now lol.

I also need to catch up on HTGAWM.

Oct 26, 2016#74

daisylo wrote:I'm traumatized it was fucking disgusting, if this season is gonna be this brutal not sure I'm gonna watch it and I didn't really like Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Logan, too much smirking.
                                                  The episode gave me a headache, literally. I've watched countless horror movies but those were some of the most brutal scenes I've seen. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure they will be back with the usual series' pace now, it was just to impact people since it's the new season, they love to do that.
                                                  But the psychological tension was the worst part to me. I almost had a heart attack with the scene with Carl.
                                                  JDM did a pretty good job imo, but Andrew Lincoln deserves all the awards he can win. What an actor...

Excited for queen Carol's comeback, I miss her.

14K678
                                                  Admin
                                                  14K678

Oct 26, 2016#75

I can't remember I've ever watched a tv episode as sickening as this one...damn! Jeffrey Dean Morgan was perfect imo, the way he was smiling throughout is what was making the whole thing even more psycho, like he has no conscience at all. I don't think I'll ever forget this episode, it was like you was going through the trauma with them..

Read more posts (86 remaining)