The TV Thread - Your reviews, News etc..

The TV Thread - Your reviews, News etc..

14K6,346
Contributor
14K6,346

Apr 13, 2016#1

We have a movie thread never know where to talk about shows.

the 2 shows I'm watching right now and highly recommend.

Catastrophe.

Transparent.

23K5,924
    Doctor of Jenology
    23K5,924

Apr 13, 2016#2

Thanks for opening, this thread will be huge, with so much quality TV around.

Love Catastrophe, it's hilarious, just started season 2 a few days ago.

I need to get into Transparent ASAP, everyone's saying it's great.

This next season of GoT looks amazing :woot

Season 6 of Shameless just ended, getting ready to binge watch it. season 5 was horrible, hope this one's better.

14K6,346
      Contributor
      14K6,346

Apr 13, 2016#3

Never was able to get into GOT I think I watched the first 2/3 episodes at least 3 times over the years.

I agree season 5 of Shameless almost made me give up the show they were all so insufferable but season 6 was better.

And yeah you should definitely watch Transparent so good !

Apr 14, 2016#4

they're starting the promo early, still need to re watch season 1

23K5,924
          Doctor of Jenology
          23K5,924

Apr 14, 2016#5

OMG!! :woot Season 2 better deliver, I can't remember the last time I've loved the show as much as Mr. Robot. :love

20K2,682
            Admin
            20K2,682

Apr 15, 2016#6

I've been wanting to watch more TV, why? hahah Has anyone seen 11.22.63? I'm stuck on ep 5 but I looooove it!

14K6,346
              Contributor
              14K6,346

Apr 15, 2016#7

^ yeah I want to watch that I started the book last year but never finished it.

23K5,924
                Doctor of Jenology
                23K5,924

Apr 15, 2016#8

11.22.63 looks so good but I don't think I can handle 8 full hours of James Franco

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Apr 15, 2016#9

lol I think I've only seen him in 127 hours and This Is the End, he's not bad.

46K3,606
                    Admin
                    46K3,606

Apr 15, 2016#10

I started Mr. Robot and dropped it. I get bored quickly when shows have such slow pacing. I need the star to really engage me and the guy didn't. I saw the first 2-3 eps and I was convinced the entire thing was a figment of his imagination.

I watch a lot of TV, but I haven't seen any of the other shows you guys mentioned.

20K2,682
                      Admin
                      20K2,682

Apr 15, 2016#11

Haha yeah, Robot hasn't gotten my attention. 11.22.63, the first episode is okay but the rest have been good. I don't mind Franco in this.

Broad City- saw 2 episodes and liked it but I can also see me getting tired of it soon.

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Apr 16, 2016#12

Yeah Mr Robot is kinda hard to follow I wasn't always paying enough attention while watching some of the episode and you feel lost very quickly.

the first 2 season of Broad City were amazing but in season 3 the characters are getting a little too extra.

Anyone watch Orphan Black ? season 3 just started.

20K2,682
                          Admin
                          20K2,682

Apr 16, 2016#13

What do you mean they got a little too extra?

14K6,346
                            Contributor
                            14K6,346

Apr 16, 2016#14

Crazy, now they're annoying more than fun but some of the episodes were still great.

46K3,606
                              Admin
                              46K3,606

Apr 16, 2016#15

lol, my sister watches Broad City and she told me about a Mrs. Doubtfire spoof they did, so I have to watch that one, lol.

I dropped Orphan Black, too.

14K6,346
                                Contributor
                                14K6,346

Apr 16, 2016#16

yeah that was a great scene one of the actress from the movie is in it didn't notice when I first watched it, she's the waitress.

Master of Jenology

Apr 29, 2016#17

UPDATE: Marvel And Netflix's PUNISHER Spinoff Officially On The Way; First Teaser Image Released

In a bit of news sure to please fans of Jon Bernthal's ultra-violent take on the Marvel vigilante, EW reports that the Punisher character first introduced in season 2 of Netflix's Daredevil is officially getting the spinoff treatment.

Apparently Hannibal writer/executive producer Steve Lightfoot will serve as showrunner.

There's also the implication that we may see Castle show up in the superhero ensemble show, The Defenders, before he takes the fight to the scum of Hell's Kitchen in his solo adventure.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,'” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb, “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring 'Marvel’s The Punisher' to Netflix.”

“Jon hooked our global audience with his performance as Frank Castle from the moment he stepped on screen in 'Marvel’s Daredevil,' and we are looking forward to seeing more of him in this role under the vision of Steve Lightfoot,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix Vice President of Original Content.

“For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Steve Lightfoot. “After watching Jon’s performance in ‘Marvel’s Daredevil’ I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”
                                    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/punisher/ ... st-a141108

Apr 29, 2016#18

dead, i completely forgot about this thread :lol

now, let's wait for Elektra.

14K6,346
                                      Contributor
                                      14K6,346

Apr 30, 2016#19

It might be overkill they're going to do a spinoff for all the characters people are gonna get sick of them soon unless they really make each show unique it worked for Jessica Jones.

May 06, 2016#20

This is pretty cool

Supercut Of The First & Final Scenes Of Iconic TV Shows

May 09, 2016#21

It was time but sad to see "The good wife" end, I'm not sure I've loved a show more than the first 4/5 seasons of that show, so well written, directed, so smart and orignal, gonna miss it.
                                            If only SOB could snatch some of their writters.

23K5,924
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            23K5,924

May 09, 2016#22

Season 5 of The Good Wife is one of the best seasons of any show, ever. It was just perfect from start to finish. It did slow down a bit after that, but I still loved it. Like you said the writing was consistently great. I'll watch the series finale today. :cry

14K6,346
                                              Contributor
                                              14K6,346

May 09, 2016#23

Yeah I couldn't remember if that season was 4 or 5 it's seemed older to me, I will have to rewatch the whole show at some point.
                                                Didn't love the serie final, I'm actually not sure what I think about it I liked some parts of it tho.

May 10, 2016#24

:D

23K5,924
                                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                                  23K5,924

May 10, 2016#25

AMAZING trailer. Hope S4 is better than S3, it was definitely a lot worse than the previous ones.

Read more posts (136 remaining)