Artists Stand by Kesha in Wake of Dr. Luke Ruling

Artists Stand by Kesha in Wake of Dr. Luke Ruling

23K5,924
Doctor of Jenology
23K5,924

Feb 20, 2016#1

After Kesha’s recording contract with Dr. Luke was upheld in court on Friday, several celebrities have taken to social media to rally behind her.

The New York Supreme Court denied an injunction that would prevent Dr. Luke — whom Kesha claims drugged, raped, and emotionally abused her — from interfering should she sign with another label. The decision effectively keeps the 28-year-old singer contractually obligated to Sony Music Entertainment.

This is so unfair. :cry Stay strong, Kesha

22K4,141
    Doctor of Jenology
    22K4,141

Feb 20, 2016#2

WTF??...Imo in her place I would just release the damn albums as hard as it was just to complete the contract.

12K588
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K588

Feb 20, 2016#3

They ruled against her?!?! %) My tl was full of posts on this but didn't see the result. WTF people?! What kind of spiteful bastards want to keep a woman in such an emotional state work for them?! Morons... even IF he was innocent they should've let her go and fight for a cut of her future projects or something . . . do we know for how long her contract with them is?

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Feb 20, 2016#4

I think 8 albums, which is insane. They're literally forcing her to work with a man who allegedly raped her if she wants to release new music. The photos of her crying in court are devastating. :cry

12K588
          Doctor of Jenology
          12K588

Feb 20, 2016#5

Oh fuck, poor woman... this whole thing is insane. :( 8 albums?!?!?! wtf?! This is all so out of spite. There's no way she will deliver these albums... what the fuck was the judge thinking?! This will probably kill her career for good . . . :(

16K4,305
            Contributor
            16K4,305

Feb 20, 2016#6

CosTaSsSs wrote:WTF??...Imo in her place I would just release the damn albums as hard as it was just to complete the contract.
              Do you think its easy for Kesha to work with him anymore? She even told that she didn't want to record some of her songs.
              I feel bad for Kesha, i love her... Warrior is still one of my fav. albums
              but it was obvious that she'd lose this.... I mean if the court would have accepted this lawsuit, any other major pop girl could just say "i'm sexually abused" without showing any proof (like Kesha) and then they are gonna be let out of their contracts.

Master of Jenology

Feb 20, 2016#7

How are you supposed to work with your abuser? This is cruel.

Poor girl. :(

12K1,502
                Doctor of Jenology
                12K1,502

Feb 21, 2016#8

Fucking bastards they should let her be poor kesha

Contributor

Feb 21, 2016#9

Damn I really didn't know it was THAT hard for an artist to break their contract, I thought they could at least compensate the record company or something and move on. I have no idea what the true story is with Dr. Luke but I'm still amazed that Sony won't just release her from her contract and is willing to put up with all this negative publicity instead. And why on earth do they make contracts of 8 albums? It's like they buy them for life. That explains why some artists release crappy albums year after year, it's probably because they need to get over with the contract and move on.

20K2,682
                    Admin
                    20K2,682

Feb 21, 2016#10

I feel bad for her. I don't know how she can do this? I don't like her music but I don't think this going to help her at all.

12K588
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      12K588

Feb 21, 2016#11

Reading a bit about it i see that this is isn't an easy case in general... Kesha can't really prove her allegations with actual evidence and it's just her word against his, IF i got this right and didn't miss anything. Now Sony has already invested in her 60 million dollars and told her that she doesn't have to work with him again but she doesn't want to stay with the label because of fear of mismanagement from now on etc. Soooo they kinda want their money back AND If any popstar could get away from her legal obligations in multi million dollar contracts by claiming sexual abuse with no evidence then no contract is safe. Many people say that this was just a scheme of Kesha and her crazy momager to blackmail, get the cash and then walk away to a better offer, that backfired... personally i don't believe it. Not after seeing Kesha crying publically like this... that's why i said that letting her go and have the judge decide a cut of future profits for them would be a good deal for both . . .

Contributor

Feb 21, 2016#12

panos86 wrote:Reading a bit about it i see that this is isn't an easy case in general... Kesha can't really prove her allegations with actual evidence and it's just her word against his, IF i got this right and didn't miss anything. Now Sony has already invested in her 60 million dollars and told her that she doesn't have to work with him again but she doesn't want to stay with the label because of fear of mismanagement from now on etc. Soooo they kinda want their money back AND If any popstar could get away from her legal obligations in multi million dollar contracts by claiming sexual abuse with no evidence then no contract is safe. Many people say that this was just a scheme of Kesha and her crazy momager to blackmail, get the cash and then walk away to a better offer, that backfired... personally i don't believe it. Not after seeing Kesha crying publically like this... that's why i said that letting her go and have the judge decide a cut of future profits for them would be a good deal for both . . .
                          I'm not saying that she was faking it, her tears could be 100% genuine, but I've learnt to not let a woman's tears mess with my judgement (I'm referring to women because men in general cry less often and people usually don't feel as bad for a crying man). As it stands right now it's like you mentioned, her word against his. I know that everyone is inclined to feel sorry for Kesha and hate Dr. Luke but the truth is that no-one knows what the truth is.

12K588
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          12K588

Feb 21, 2016#13

threetimes wrote:
                            panos86 wrote:Reading a bit about it i see that this is isn't an easy case in general... Kesha can't really prove her allegations with actual evidence and it's just her word against his, IF i got this right and didn't miss anything. Now Sony has already invested in her 60 million dollars and told her that she doesn't have to work with him again but she doesn't want to stay with the label because of fear of mismanagement from now on etc. Soooo they kinda want their money back AND If any popstar could get away from her legal obligations in multi million dollar contracts by claiming sexual abuse with no evidence then no contract is safe. Many people say that this was just a scheme of Kesha and her crazy momager to blackmail, get the cash and then walk away to a better offer, that backfired... personally i don't believe it. Not after seeing Kesha crying publically like this... that's why i said that letting her go and have the judge decide a cut of future profits for them would be a good deal for both . . .
                            I'm not saying that she was faking it, her tears could be 100% genuine, but I've learnt to not let a woman's tears mess with my judgement (I'm referring to women because men in general cry less often and people usually don't feel as bad for a crying man). As it stands right now it's like you mentioned, her word against his. I know that everyone is inclined to feel sorry for Kesha and hate Dr. Luke but the truth is that no-one knows what the truth is.
                            Yeah of course we can't know for sure what the truth is but from tweets and all around behaviour DrLuke looks like a total douchebag and a creep... and what really bothers me is this whole war on a (very mediocre) young popstar by an all powerful producer and record company. It's like they act out of spite and not for actual justice. I'm pretty sure she has already made some of the investment money back to them and with a reasonable deal the financial issue should be off the table... holding her hostage like this just feels wrong especially considering the nature of the accusation!

16K4,305
                            Contributor
                            16K4,305

Feb 21, 2016#14

Sony asked and let her to use another producer for her upcoming albums, they even offered her to move to another label under Sony but she refused.

Contributor

Feb 21, 2016#15

mEm wrote:Sony asked and let her to use another producer for her upcoming albums, they even offered her to move to another label under Sony but she refused.
                                yea, something's fishy about all this

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 21, 2016#16

Damn this girls career is literally over. She Can get a few cute feature hits though.

23K5,924
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  23K5,924

Feb 23, 2016#17

threetimes wrote:
                                    mEm wrote:Sony asked and let her to use another producer for her upcoming albums, they even offered her to move to another label under Sony but she refused.
                                    yea, something's fishy about all this
                                    Nothing's fishy about this. Why would she want to continue to work with a company that's outright supporting Dr. Luke and care about nothing but making money. There's proof she wanted out of her contract with Dr. Luke about a year after she signed and the alleged rape happened.

Feb 23, 2016#18

Here's a full story from a girl that's been digging up evidence:
                                      ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

Feb 23, 2016#19

Here's a full story from a girl who's been digging up evidence:
                                        ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

12K588
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        12K588

Feb 23, 2016#20

That's all good but all these are far from evidence and sadly prove nothing. They kinda paint a picture but vague tweets can't stand in a court. I want to believe her but she also has to persuade the judge and this seems really hard with what she has. Such contracts are carefully put together and for good reason... music labels aren't charitable foundations. Profit and investments are important and that's why artists have to be VERY careful and report right away such incidents or at least have some evidence for future defence. Imho she mishandled a very serious situation and sadly it backfired big time. :(

Feb 23, 2016#21

http://www.idolator.com/7624474/dr-luke ... rape-kesha

here is kinda his side of the story and tbh we must all take a minute and think carefully of this issue. As a guy i must say that having such accusations against you can be a very easy thing to fabricate and lives, families, careers etc have been ruined beyond repair by such over the years even if innocence is proved after. The impulse to take the victim's side can be a very sneaky way of manipulating public opinion and we must be really careful to not fall for such conniving plans. We must let justice decide and not turn social media into courthouses. This isn't an easy case and we must take a moment and think of both sides before we start taking sides... at least imho.

Feb 23, 2016#22

Which reminds me to suggest you all to watch this amazing movie... really puts things into perspective.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106476/

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 23, 2016#23

It's nice to see all the public support for Kesha especially with a topic as heavy as rape.

With all the legal proceedings and viewing the information we have seen from both parties so far, I don't know which party is 100% correct. I'd hate to accuse that she'd make it up but at the same time, there have been cases where people have made up and accused some one of rape for their own motives, whatever they may be. This has resulted in innocent people being convicted.

At the end of the day, the only people who really know what's going on is Dr. Luke and Kesha and I would hope that out of a having some piece of humanity in themselves, if Dr. Luke did indeed rape her that him and Sony would make for a way for her to either get out of her contract or be in working conditions that aren't related to being around Dr. Luke. I hope the best for whichever party is telling the truth and I also hope for the best for whoever isn't as lying about someone raping you is horrible and denying that you raped someone is horrible as well.

Master of Jenology

Feb 24, 2016#24

Sony is a shady ass label. How they did MJ. Doesnt surpirse me at all.

Contributor

Feb 24, 2016#25

panos86 wrote:Which reminds me to suggest you all to watch this amazing movie... really puts things into perspective.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106476/
                                                    Just watched it, excellent film. I really need to catch up with European cinema, the older I get the more boring I find Hollywood movies.

Read more posts (2 remaining)