12K588
Doctor of Jenology
12K588

Feb 16, 2016#26

daisylo wrote:
    panos86 wrote:
    daisylo wrote:^ you may need to rewatch the show pano lol there is at least 4 other women in the show.
    Yeah Drea, Cristina, Chen and that FBI boss. Cristina is supposed to be a kid and Jen wears almost the exact same makeup with the other 3 women. :coffee
    Are you serious ? she doesn't but ok, ;)
    Of course i'm serious. The quickest thing i could put together...

the three main ladies are all the time in full makeup. Blush, eyes, lips, everything. And Jen has many scenes that doesn't wear makeup almost at all. Also lights are very important. What is irritating and unfair to Jen's performance is that since day1 you act as if she is a drag queen in this and the others are all method actresses with no makeup at all...

14K6,346
    Contributor
    14K6,346

Feb 16, 2016#27

^ I wish Jen had their make-up

that's her at the beginning and end of the episode she looked fine in the middle of it,
      ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
      it just need to fit Harlee's situation and it doesn't for me it's an important element to make her performance even better even more believable and she's still convincing despite that because her performance is Great but you obviously don't get what I'm trying to say so lets leave it to that ok ?

anyway, I hope she'll actually be with them this time I don't know if they do them in LA or NY I loe the pictures/videos they post.

12K588
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K588

Feb 16, 2016#28

There is nothing to "get". What is FACT is that they all wear full makeup and as you can see most times Jen has less toned eyes than Drea for example. Not to mention that is laughable to even consider Chen and that FBI boss considering their screen time but i did just to humour your "lol there are more ladies, watch it again" line . . .

In other news i hope she live tweets with the crew too. :D

46K3,604
        Admin
        46K3,604

Feb 16, 2016#29

I haven't noticed anything with her makeup, either. It's completely normal for the women on other cop shows to look absolutely stunning. Jen looks like Harlee, not JLo, so I don't see the big deal at all. This is with actresses who aren't even famous outside of their respective shows.

It was already established that she likes to look good, so it would be uncharacteristic for her to look frantic and at the end of her rope. She needs to look normal, even though her world is falling apart, because otherwise Woz will be suspicious.

14K6,346
          Contributor
          14K6,346

Feb 16, 2016#30

that's the thing imo she doesn't look normal not all the time and it's not a problem of looking good, the biggest problem I have with it is that her make-up change through the episode but not in a consistante way, heavy not heavy, heavy not heavy etc. no matter what Harlee has done before this is annoying for me but if you don't notice it you're really lucky I wish I didn't but I know I'm not the only one like I know that she's insecure about her lips but that lips contouring she does works for photoshoots or whatever but it doesn't when she moves her mouth make them look really fake.

if she looked like that during the whole episode it would have been perfect.

do you see the difference ?

12K588
            Doctor of Jenology
            12K588

Feb 16, 2016#31

JenRox wrote:I haven't noticed anything with her makeup, either. It's completely normal for the women on other cop shows to look absolutely stunning. Jen looks like Harlee, not JLo, so I don't see the big deal at all. This is with actresses who aren't even famous outside of their respective shows.

It was already established that she likes to look good, so it would be uncharacteristic for her to look frantic and at the end of her rope. She needs to look normal, even though her world is falling apart, because otherwise Woz will be suspicious.

Finally! Someone sane with a pair of working eyes!

46K3,604
              Admin
              46K3,604

Feb 16, 2016#32

I see the difference, but they are 2 different scenes and 2 different outfits, lol.

14K6,346
                Contributor
                14K6,346

Feb 16, 2016#33

JenRox wrote:I see the difference, but they are 2 different scenes and 2 different outfits, lol.
                  the first one is Right before the second all the scenes in the cars are at different times in the episodes before and after the scene with Cristina at her place I'm not gonna post all the caps :p I really hope this will be better in season 2 but from the picture we got from the set it seem like started to wear less of it while filming the last 2/3 episodes maybe it will be a continuation of that. + it's not just that she has too much make-up it's madly done.

12K588
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  12K588

Feb 16, 2016#34

JenRox wrote:I see the difference, but they are 2 different scenes and 2 different outfits, lol.
                    Also women tend to wear more makeup outside the house... crazy, i know!

20K2,682
                    Admin
                    20K2,682

Feb 16, 2016#35

Hmm, I see the difference but it doesn't distract me at all honestly.

46K3,604
                      Admin
                      46K3,604

Feb 16, 2016#36

Oh, ok, yeah, I thought the first one was at her house. So before she rushed out, is that what you are saying? That is such a minor detail, I never would have noticed. It was just a minor continuity thing. IMDB is full of continuity errors like that, lol. But the more subdued makeup makes sense at home, just like a fully done face make sense when she is out. She could have re-applied her makeup in the car. Tess was driving after all. :lol:

14K6,346
                        Contributor
                        14K6,346

Feb 16, 2016#37

lol riiight Sap gonna get killed I need to look great ! perfect moment to reapply it lol but the continuity wasn't just just for this 2 scenes and not just this episode, just keep it light all the time and even more when she has cried or whatever and it will work perfectly :p

anyway it feel great to just say it again even if you don't agree it was bothering me for a while lmao. but this episode was the worst for that I had to say it.

12K588
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          12K588

Feb 16, 2016#38

Nitpicking Level: Over 9000

14K6,346
                            Contributor
                            14K6,346

Feb 17, 2016#39

yes I am has they should ;)

46K3,604
                              Admin
                              46K3,604

Feb 17, 2016#40

Hmmm, I don't know, we seem to talk about this pretty often, lol.

14K6,346
                                Contributor
                                14K6,346

Feb 17, 2016#41

Is a Debate confirmed for this Thursday ?

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 17, 2016#42

panos86 wrote:Nitpicking Level: Over 9000
                                    For real though..

20K2,682
                                    Admin
                                    20K2,682

Feb 17, 2016#43

daisylo wrote:Is a Debate confirmed for this Thursday ?
                                      There's no debate this week but there's one next Thursday.

14K6,346
                                      Contributor
                                      14K6,346

Feb 17, 2016#44

timmyd2121 wrote:
                                        daisylo wrote:Is a Debate confirmed for this Thursday ?
                                        There's no debate this week but there's one next Thursday.
                                        Ok great maybe we'll get better than a 1.1 + people loved the last episode.

26K8,905
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        26K8,905

Feb 17, 2016#45

I get what daisyjlo says. She needs to hire a different make up artist for season 2 tbh.

16K4,305
                                          Contributor
                                          16K4,305

Feb 17, 2016#46

J wrote:I get what daisyjlo says. She needs to hire a different make up artist for season 2 tbh.
                                            She just needs to use the makeup artist that other actors use. And I agree, she has way too much makeup. I can always tell that the scenes were filmed in different times by looking her make-up and hair.

14K6,346
                                            Contributor
                                            14K6,346

Feb 17, 2016#47

mEm wrote:
                                              J wrote:I get what daisyjlo says. She needs to hire a different make up artist for season 2 tbh.
                                              She just needs to use the makeup artist that other actors use. And I agree, she has way too much makeup. I can always tell that the scenes were filmed in different times by looking her make-up and hair.
                                              yup and it should also be the directors responsibility but I guess that they don't tell her anything because on a TV show it isn't really their project and she's the executive producer on it.

23K5,924
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              23K5,924

Feb 17, 2016#48

Nearly 2 whole pages on her makeup. :yawn :deadhorse

16K4,305
                                                Contributor
                                                16K4,305

Feb 17, 2016#49

daisylo wrote:
                                                  mEm wrote:
                                                  yup and it should also be the directors responsibility but I guess that they don't tell her anything because on a TV show it isn't really their project and she's the executive producer on it.
                                                  They all call her "big boss" i guess they really cant tell her to wear less make up or use a regular makeup artist imo.
                                                  nixy1991 wrote:Nearly 2 whole pages on her makeup. :yawn :deadhorse
                                                  we talked about Jen's grey hair, Jen's knees, weird thing that she hides on her head (which looked like it grew) etc. Of course we will talk about her make up, whats the big deal?

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 17, 2016#50

Shes a cop. Not a lesbian psycho killer!!! Cops wear makeup. Nuff said

Read more posts (55 remaining)