22K4,141
Doctor of Jenology
22K4,141

Feb 12, 2016#26

LewisJLOFan wrote:
    JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
    LewisJLOFan wrote:It went platinum after one year and a half and y'all sayin' it was a hit? I can't. :ROFL:

Her last hit is still "Dance Again" - it went platinum after 5 months and not almost 2 years. :coffee
    "Get Right" only went GOLD after 1 year, but it is considered a J.Lo classic, no?

Care to explain sis? :coffee
    Srsly? It's so obvious. Unlike "Booty", "Get Right" had WORLDWIDE success.

It went number one on several countries, including the UK (where Booty didn't even make the top 100).

"Booty" was only a YouTube viral that lasted for only two weeks and died. :coffee
    sis...it's a hit.

Master of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#27

^ Just look at its chart-run, sis...
      Dan#jlofan wrote:US Billboard HOT 100: 18-45-71-81-85-80-OUT-100-OUT-94-75- OUT
      One week at top 40 and free falling. A mess... Even the I'm Into You chart-run is more beautiful than this

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#28

I wouldn't necessarily say booty was a big hit. But it wasn't as big of a miss you guys are making it out to be

Cant we just be happy she has another platinum single under her belt :hug

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#29

I though this was fake before I clicked but lol at this being platinum. Booty hasn't even reached 200mil yet. I guess we can assume the majority of her views were from the US. Understandable since it was non existence everywhere else.

Congrats though. Haters can't use the excuse of gold being a flop cuz now its platinum! 3 platinums hits now. triple platinum queen!

Contributor

Feb 12, 2016#30

juniorsega wrote:I though this was fake before I clicked but lol at this being platinum. Booty hasn't even reached 200mil yet. I guess we can assume the majority of her views were from the US. Understandable since it was non existence everywhere else.

Congrats though. Haters can't use the excuse of gold being a flop cuz now its platinum! 3 platinums hits now. triple platinum queen!
            Well, the RIAA is only US based so I would assume it's mostly from the US.

The pressed can stay mad because "Booty" didn't reach the Top 50 in their country. #PoorThem :lmao

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#31

Would "I luy ya Papi" or "First Love" be close to a gold certification.

Contributor

Feb 12, 2016#32

Of course, the song she didn't want to record was a cute hit

20K2,682
                Admin
                20K2,682

Feb 12, 2016#33

I think if this would have been a first single (first of all imagine that haha) it would have been a bigger hit than what it is right now.

Intro to Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#34

Hopefully her and team realize the dance upbeat songs will help gain her top10 on charts and people being interested in her records none of that R&B and Hip Hop joints.

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#35

LOL whether in a few months or 2 years, the fat that it is Platinum is what matters. And yes like someone said, she treated it like it's a hit and that has definitely helped it. I think she should do that with all her songs. If she carries them like successes, they will have that impact.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#36

yay :clap

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#37

First Official News Article on this from Headlineplanet.com
                          http://headlineplanet.com/home/2016/02/ ... in-the-us/

JENNIFER LOPEZ’ “BOOTY” EARNS PLATINUM HONOR IN THE US

Jennifer Lopez' "Booty" has officially gone platinum.

Released just after the “summer of butts,” Jennifer Lopez’ “Booty” did not captivate the market quite as well as Meghan Trainor’s “All About That Bass” and Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda.”

Over the past year-and-a-half, it has, however, generated enough activity to earn a platinum certification.

The track officially earned a platinum honor on February 8, 2016. The platinum certification confirms a US unit total of at least 1 million.

Under the revised terms of the RIAA’s digital singles program, one unit is equal to 1 paid download or 150 streams (prior to February 1, one unit was equal to 100 streams. The extent to which retroactive scoring applies is unclear).

While Iggy Azalea is featured on “Booty,” she is not listed on the RIAA’s official website.

23K5,924
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          23K5,924

Feb 12, 2016#38

Why are some of you acting like this isn't a big deal?

Platinum singles don't grow on trees, you know.

20K7,825
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            20K7,825

Feb 12, 2016#39

Platinum is platinum !!

:clap :clap

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#40

Wow I didn't realise that "Booty" has joined such an exclusive list of JLO songs to reach platinum status. It's one out of only four.

If You Had My Love - Platinum, Certified June 2 1999
                                On the Floor - 3x Multi Platinum, Certified September 20 2011
                                Dance Again - Platinum, Certified August 23 2012
                                Booty - Platinum, Certified February 8 2016

I'm not sure, but is the reason why songs like "Love Don't Cost a Thing", "Jenny from The Block" and "All I Have" which charted really high aren't certified because people bought the album over single back in the day?

12K588
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                12K588

Feb 12, 2016#41

It's a HUGE deal! :dance2 Especially for this album. It goes to show that Jen can find big success even when she has a project underperform. :D

PS People just love having unconventional opinions in certain issues because they think it makes them special in some twisted way. #delusion

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#42

RuRuLoVesJLO wrote:Of course, the song she didn't want to record was a cute hit
                                    She didn't want to record it ?
                                    I read that Max was the one who stan for this song.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#43

^it's true. Jen quickly disposed of it as soon as the demo came her way. Saying it was to tongue in cheek or something and didn't fit her important 10th album.

Funny enough the song was the only single that made any impact. And a 3rd single no less! I don't think Jens had a 3rd single be bigger than the 1st or 2nd single since jlo era 15 years ago when I'm real went #1. Multi platinum status would've been possible if this was the first single. Oh jen.:lol

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#44

Hmm ok. But she was right the song don't fit with the rest of A.K.A.
                                        I guess the GP is here for the fun/up tempo Jenny.

It's time for a double disc album. UP Tempo for GP. Ballad/Mid for Fans.

Rapper, Nelly make this with Suit and Sweat in 2004.

23K5,924
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        23K5,924

Feb 12, 2016#45

A.K.A. was an experiment that backfired duo to bad planning, horrible single choices and overall incompetence of Jennifer's team and the people at Capitol. I still love the album, but everything else about It was a MESS. And the saddest thing is, if she released Booty as the first single, the album would've more than likely done much better than it did. Booty could've been another Top 5 hit, not just in the US, but WW. And it would've built hype around First Love (which was a good choice for the 2nd single, but not following ILYP), which would've peaked in the Top 40, at least.

She needs smarter people around her. SMH

46K3,606
                                          Admin
                                          46K3,606

Feb 12, 2016#46

nixy1991 wrote:Why are some of you acting like this isn't a big deal?

Platinum singles don't grow on trees, you know.

Sometimes you guys don't make sense.

"Only" 200 million views on Youtube? There's a reason Vevo gives you an award for 100 million, LMAO.

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#47

i believe she will be on the right track for the next single choice . #fingercrossed

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#48

just celebrate no judge jlovers :love2

and spread the message :friends:

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#49

YAY!

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#50

Dan#jlofan wrote:Wow I didn't realise that "Booty" has joined such an exclusive list of JLO songs to reach platinum status. It's one out of only four.

If You Had My Love - Platinum, Certified June 2 1999
                                                    On the Floor - 3x Multi Platinum, Certified September 20 2011
                                                    Dance Again - Platinum, Certified August 23 2012
                                                    Booty - Platinum, Certified February 8 2016

I'm not sure, but is the reason why songs like "Love Don't Cost a Thing", "Jenny from The Block" and "All I Have" which charted really high aren't certified because people bought the album over single back in the day?
                                                    Yeah it was "harder" for platinum certification in JLo's early days as single sales counted through actual PHYSICAL CD singles because at the time digital sales were not really too existent. I'm not sure what else they factored into certifications for singles back then. Now, in the digital age, it is way easier for a single to be certified Gold or Platinum with iTunes sales, and streaming too. Situation is reverse now because it was easier for JLo to have platinum albums back in the day when people didn't have the ability to just buy the one or two songs they wanted and would have to buy the whole album. Now album sales are suffering and it's easier to have a hit single than a hit album.

Read more posts (56 remaining)