BOOTY now Platinum in US

BOOTY now Platinum in US

Intermediate Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#1

:woot :woot

Don't know if this was already posted but Booty went Platinum in the States this past week ! JLO STAYS WINNING

JENNIFER LOPEZ
    Title: BOOTY
    Certification Date: February 8, 2016
    Label: CAPITOL RECORDS
    Format: SINGLE
    Award: 1xP

http://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/

16K4,305
    Contributor
    16K4,305

Feb 11, 2016#2

We officially have a hit single for all albums, i guess?

Master of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#3

:woot :woot can anyone else in this industry do this?! I mean with no promo,no banner ... And 0 airplay?!!!!!
        I mean we are so genius to stan for THE REAL QUEEN. be proud of your selves JLOVERS :woot
        Btw we are still watching her shining while she is 46 years old :woot :woot who else?!
        If only she had a good team... If only booty had radio adds... If only this was her first single...

12K1,502
        Doctor of Jenology
        12K1,502

Feb 11, 2016#4

Bout 2 post omg wow
          3 platinum hits and 2 gold hits in the last 5 years

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#5

:Bravo: i just saw this on ukmix . Slay loo . I honestly love this song :rockon :woot

23K5,924
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,924

Feb 11, 2016#6

Yay! :heart

Would've been 3x platinum by now if she released it as the lead single. :coffee

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#7

Guys i believe we should tweet this to celebrate . Who s IN ?

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#8

i got big booty speak no evil monkey

Congrats Jen! :woot :woot :woot

Contributor

Feb 11, 2016#9

Amazing! Ya'll should tweet Jen so she can retweet it. :clap

This is amazing! And most of ya'll said this song wasn't a hit. Top 20 and now Platinum. Good fucking bye!

Slay-Lo always wins.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#10

Wow!!! Congratulations queen :heart it's one of my favorite songs of hers.
                      I still prefer version with Pit and that mix with 'Throw Your Hair Back'

Master of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#11

So how much worldwide??

14K2,771
                        Contributor
                        14K2,771

Feb 11, 2016#12

Yayyyy

Master of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#13

hell Yeah Hass majesty stays winning.

Feb 11, 2016#14

heather tweet or instagram Jen so she can get her platinum Award picked up.

Master of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#15

It went platinum after one year and a half and y'all sayin' it was a hit? I can't. :ROFL:

Her last hit is still "Dance Again" - it went platinum after 5 months and not almost 2 years. :coffee

Master of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#16

That All I Have Vegas effect is paying off.

Contributor

Feb 11, 2016#17

LewisJLOFan wrote:It went platinum after one year and a half and y'all sayin' it was a hit? I can't. :ROFL:

Her last hit is still "Dance Again" - it went platinum after 5 months and not almost 2 years. :coffee
                                    "Get Right" only went GOLD after 1 year, but it is considered a J.Lo classic, no?

Care to explain sis? :coffee

Master of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#18

JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:
                                      LewisJLOFan wrote:It went platinum after one year and a half and y'all sayin' it was a hit? I can't. :ROFL:

"Get Right" only went GOLD after 1 year, but it is considered a J.Lo classic, no?

Srsly? It's so obvious. Unlike "Booty", "Get Right" had WORLDWIDE success.

It went number one on several countries, including the UK (where Booty didn't even make the top 100).

"Booty" was only a YouTube viral that lasted for only two weeks and died. :coffee

Contributor

Feb 11, 2016#19

SLAY. Platinum hits.

Contributor

Feb 11, 2016#20

LewisJLOFan wrote:
                                          JLOz1FaNaTiC wrote:

Srsly? It's so obvious. Unlike "Booty", "Get Right" had WORLDWIDE success.

It went number one on several countries, including the UK (where Booty didn't even make the top 100).

"Booty" was only a YouTube viral that lasted for only two weeks and died. :coffee
                                          Nevertheless, it still took her a year when radio was bigger and iTunes was a thing as well. No excuses for that. It should be Platinum tbh.

"Booty" is Platinum either way so it is also a hit with help of streaming or not. :clap

22K4,141
                                          Doctor of Jenology
                                          22K4,141

Feb 11, 2016#21

WOW!!! The song is a hit.

Master of Jenology

Feb 11, 2016#22

12K588
                                              Doctor of Jenology
                                              12K588

Feb 12, 2016#23

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :woot S-L-A-Y ! ! ! :rockon

Totally deserved for a fucking hot club banger, an amazing production, catchiest song of the album and a personal favorite since day1! People love it and it has a special place in my heart (and other body parts of me LOL) because of the video... :twisted: i mean DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! It's like every single JLo wet dream came to life! I mean... LOOK AT HER BUTT! I still don't know how i didn't get a heart attack by this . . .

btw indeed if it was a lead single with all the ILYP/FL promo this would've been Top5 and x3 platinum waaaay earlier. :argh And yeah nobody cares how anyone spins this... it is a TOP20 PLATINUM HIT. #FACT :cool:

Contributor

Feb 12, 2016#24

Congrats to Jen and the team.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 12, 2016#25

Based on its original 9 week chart run, Booty didn't really produce a groundbreaking performance. A #18 peak is nothing to laugh at but 1 week in the top 40 isn't so impressive. Irrespective of the chart performance Jen treated the song like a hit and continued performing it in greatest hits medleys and concerts throughout 2015 such as Mawazine and I heart radio, even adding to the Vegas setlist. As a result I think Booty is developing into one of those iconic JLO songs and hence we've seen it certified Gold and now Platinum. Whilst Booty might not be your typical high charting hit, I think long term Jen's strategy has made Booty a hit of a different kind. Go Jen :dance2 :dance2 :bow :bow

Here's the chart performance below.

US Billboard HOT 100: 18-45-71-81-85-80-OUT-100-OUT-94-75- OUT

Read more posts (81 remaining)