15K5
Doctor of Jenology
15K5

Apr 04, 2010#76

the whole recap from that press conference! http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_co ... Itemid=172

13K1,207
    Doctor of Jenology
    13K1,207

Apr 04, 2010#77

thanks!

Intermediate Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#78

thanks doll!
        omg another romantic comedy in the fall! how exciting!

14K2,616
        Doctor of Jenology
        14K2,616

Apr 04, 2010#79

The other romantic comedy for the fall will be "The Governess" or "Overboard" ????

23K5,924
          Doctor of Jenology
          23K5,924

Apr 04, 2010#80

Yay!!!

Intermediate Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#81

oh god! i hope not overboard!

Intermediate Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#82

^ Why? Overboard will be directed by Will Smith and EVERYTHING he touches is a HIT!! SO JENNY GO FOR IT :-P

23K5,924
                Doctor of Jenology
                23K5,924

Apr 04, 2010#83

This Overboard doesn't sound so good.

Intro to Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#84

Why does the idea of her doing Overboard or any other romantic comedy gets so much hate? Maybe among all the scripts she has on the table, those are the best ones. Things could change up a little bit if The back-up plan becomes a hit. I mean, she´s not gonna get a "Precious" or a" The blind side" without proving she´s a commercial force.

14K678
                    Admin
                    14K678

Apr 04, 2010#85

I don't think they have decided what movie she's gonna film this fall yet, didn't she say she got 4 romantic comedies in development? I hope she goes with the CBS one, just cause I like that company.

Though there's a solid concept, "[The album] hasn't taken its full
                      shape, yet," she says. "I mean, there's a real base of material that
                      really goes with that concept and then there's gonna be stuff that we
                      create now, that I don't even know what it's gonna be."

In addition to her English music, Lopez is also going to record an all
                      new Spanish album. "I'm going to start working on a new Spanish album,
                      probably in about a month, as well. Probably right as I finish the
                      other one. I'll put [Love?] out this year and we'll ride that out and
                      probably do the Spanish album for release next year."
                      This mean she's gonna record the new songs for Def Jam this month, right?

Doctor of Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#86

no i think she gonna comeback in the studio in june or july to recorded some new new material for love ? , and release the album (if the first single had succes) in august . if not in september ^^
                        I Didn't Know My Own Strength

Intermediate Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#87

aka wrote:^ Why? Overboard will be directed by Will Smith and EVERYTHING he touches is a HIT!! SO JENNY GO FOR IT :-P
                          who would pay to go watch a movie like this? i wouldnt even if it was directed by steven speilberg ,i wouldnt

Master of Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#88

KAJLO wrote:Why does the idea of her doing Overboard or any other romantic comedy gets so much hate? Maybe among all the scripts she has on the table, those are the best ones. Things could change up a little bit if The back-up plan becomes a hit. I mean, she´s not gonna get a "Precious" or a" The blind side" without proving she´s a commercial force.
                            and the girl of precious has proved something???

Master of Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#89

[b wrote:SC88[/b]]I don't think they have decided what movie she's gonna film this fall yet, didn't she say she got 4 romantic comedies in development? I hope she goes with the CBS one, just cause I like that company.

Though there's a solid concept, "[The album] hasn't taken its full shape, yet," she says. "I mean, there's a real base of material that really goes with that concept and then there's gonna be stuff that we create now, that I don't even know what it's gonna be."

In addition to her English music, Lopez is also going to record an all new Spanish album. "I'm going to start working on a new Spanish album, probably in about a month, as well. Probably right as I finish the other one. I'll put [Love?] out this year and we'll ride that out and probably do the Spanish album for release next year."
                              This mean she's gonna record the new songs for Def Jam this month, right?
                              I would think she is recording stuff this month with Def Jam although I doubt its certain to only last a month. It depends what material they find & whether they think they have a 'first single'. Havent some producers mentioned working with her last month? that she was listening to some demos. I would rather they spend a bit longer than a month for the new english album although we'll have to wait & see.

I do like the idea of CBS Films just because they seem good for promo, although the downside is their budgets are tight e.g using studio lots & only paying for one big star. It would be cool though if she signed a development deal with CBS Films (kind of like a film record deal) and they guaranteed to do two more movies with her.

The movie with Paramount sounds good, as they are a great studio to get involved in. Brad Grey is the head of Paramount, remember Benny & Jen where seen with him at Brad Pitt's Benjamin Button premiere.I knew that meeting wasn't random. If she did a rom-com with them and it did well, he could place her in some other movies. Paramount are literally one of the best and biggest studios & work with all A list directors & actors/actresses.

If I had to choose I would go with Paramount as CBS run everything on too tight a budget and I don't want to see Jen just working with TV actors. Paramount would be good promo & good budget.

I would drop Sony's Overboard unless Will Smith agreed to star & I would lay to rest the dreaded Governess.

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 04, 2010#90

I think The Governess seem good, but this will never become reality.

I like Def Jam, but let`s be real, Def Jam has many artists with the same kind of style that Jen has, she is not number one, if they could choose to who give a super hit, would they choose her? Some Mariah hits and Rihanna hits could be sang by Jen, i bet they would choose rihanna and mariah...

13K3,069
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                13K3,069

Apr 06, 2010#91

News Soon?

23K5,924
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  23K5,924

Apr 06, 2010#92

whellynngthonn wrote:I think The Governess seem good, but this will never become reality.

I like Def Jam, but let`s be real, Def Jam has many artists with the same kind of style that Jen has, she is not number one, if they could choose to who give a super hit, would they choose her? Some Mariah hits and Rihanna hits could be sang by Jen, i bet they would choose rihanna and mariah...
                                    She signed now. They are going to lose A LOT of money if Jen's single/album doesn't do well. So, I think they'll give Jen a SUPER HIT. LA Reid's ass is on the line too.

15K5
                                    Doctor of Jenology
                                    15K5

Apr 06, 2010#93

The movie with Paramount sounds good, as they are a great studio to get involved in. Brad Grey is the head of Paramount, remember Benny & Jen where seen with him at Brad Pitt's Benjamin Button premiere.I knew that meeting wasn't random. If she did a rom-com with them and it did well, he could place her in some other movies. Paramount are literally one of the best and biggest studios & work with all A list directors & actors/actresses.

If I had to choose I would go with Paramount as CBS run everything on too tight a budget and I don't want to see Jen just working with TV actors. Paramount would be good promo & good budget.

I would drop Sony's Overboard unless Will Smith agreed to star & I would lay to rest the dreaded Governess.
                                      i agree with that, will have to see what is that movie she has with Paramount though.

Intermediate Jenology

Apr 06, 2010#94

nixy1991 wrote:
                                        whellynngthonn wrote:I think The Governess seem good, but this will never become reality.

She signed now. They are going to lose A LOT of money if Jen's single/album doesn't do well. So, I think they'll give Jen a SUPER HIT. LA Reid's ass is on the line too.
                                        YUP EXACTLY.ESPECIALLY SINCE EVERYBODY IS DOUBTING HER COMEBACK,SHES MOST LIKELY TO BRING IT.

Master of Jenology

Apr 06, 2010#95

[b wrote:nmou81[/b]]

i agree with that, will have to see what is that movie she has with Paramount though.
                                          But really the Paramount option whatever it is would be better than The Governess right? lol
                                          Nadia I was thinking maybe a campaign against TG we could bring posters/banners to the London premire of TBUP.
                                          Whats really weird is that she says she wanted to do TBUP because it was a modern take on a romantic comedy & she thought its important for a rom-com not to be something that could have been done 20 years ago. How in anyway does Overboard or TG sound modern?

14K678
                                          Admin
                                          14K678

Apr 06, 2010#96

Maybe the Paramount option IS The Governess. lol We don't know who bought the project after that other company went bankrupt. lol

Master of Jenology

Apr 06, 2010#97

SC88 wrote:Maybe the Paramount option IS The Governess. lol We don't know who bought the project after that other company went bankrupt. lol
                                                  ^ Paramount/Brad Grey would never sign on for TG. Why if she had the option of bringing TG to Paramount would she choose the indie film studio Yari Gp which went bankrupt. Its not like anything has changed since 2008 e.g TBUP being  huge success which would make Paramount jump at the script.

46K3,606
                                              Admin
                                              46K3,606

Apr 06, 2010#98

We haven't read the script, so how do we know if it's modern or not?!? You're basing this on a two line description!

Are you going to the London premiere? If so, you know to report back!

I don't remember Jen talking about Paramount at the PC. That must be from another one, because this one pretty much ended when Jen talked about Marc and Alex made a few jokes.

15K5
                                                Doctor of Jenology
                                                15K5

Apr 06, 2010#99

^ It's from the 1st press conference.

46K3,606
                                                  Admin
                                                  46K3,606

Apr 06, 2010#100

Ah, thanks!

James, TG belonged to Sony in '06. Amy Baer used to be the head of Sony at the time and she now heads CBS Films, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Read more posts (108 remaining)