BB Interview- Lynn & Wade, Producers on Jennifer Lopez's Album 'Brave'

BB Interview- Lynn & Wade, Producers on Jennifer Lopez's Album 'Brave'

46K3,606
Admin
46K3,606

Sep 14, 2007#1

Beyond-Beautiful.org recently had the opportunity to interview Peter Wade and Michelle Lynn, who produced 5 songs on Jennifer Lopez's newest album, 'Brave'! Check out our exclusive interview below!

Peter Wade Keusch and Michelle Lynn Bell make up the production team/artist group called Lynn & Wade LLP. They have just written and produced five songs on Jennifer's new album.

How did you end up working with Jennifer?
    Peter Wade:
    I started out as an engineer, and recorded all of her albums since "J.Lo," so over the years I've gotten to know her pretty well. Michelle and I were writing and producing songs together while I was working with Jennifer on "Como Ama Una Mujer." I played her some of our Lynn & Wade songs and she fell in love with our sound!

How many songs did you guys do together, besides the 5 that ended up on the album?
    Michelle Bell: We actually recorded 10 songs with Jennifer over the past 2 years, and she chose the 5 from those.
    PW: That's not counting the song we did for Lynda's [Lopez] birthday!
    MB: Oh, yeah! And we did a little joke song called "Goody Bag" that Jennifer sang about an assistant who misplaced the goody bag she got at the Oscars. It was pretty silly!
    PW: So I guess you could say 12, but it was really ten.

What was it like working with Jennifer? How was the atmosphere in the studio?
    MB: She's really fun to be around and hard working. She knows what she wants, which makes things easy.
    PW: Yeah, the atmosphere was laid back, and we always had time to relax and hang out. We would play new songs for her and she would show us stuff she was working on, like footage from "El Cantante," and her new clothing line, JustSweet.

What's her writing style like? Does she come in with a bunch of stuff already or a specific sound she wants, or does she try a million different things?
    MB: Jennifer really connected to the songs Pete and I were writing for our own album, which led us to write some songs exclusively for her. We would go over to her house and write with her and Marc in the basement, talk about life, love, and what was going on in our heads, and a lot of those feelings and ideas informed the direction for the songs we wrote.

What's your favorite song on the album?
    PW: My favorite is "Never Gonna Give Up." It was the first Lynn & Wade song she recorded, and I think it embodies her desire to innovate musically. I was kind of depressed when I made the track, and when I played it for Michelle she wrote the most amazing melody -- sad but uplifting, and the lyrics are incredible. It was a real moment.
    MB: When Jennifer heard it, she nearly cried. She learned the song on the spot and sang her heart out.
    PW: ... And I think you can hear that on the record... I wanted to produce it like "Elenore Rigby," just Jennifer and a string quartet. Julio Reyes, who I met at Jennifer's place, arranged the quartet. The mixture of organic strings and big RnB drums is a really modern way to use a classic sound. The song is particularly special because Michelle and I went down to Orlando to mix it with the legendary Engineer Bruce Swedien.
    MB: He recorded "Thriller"! We hung out with him and his wife on their ranch and met their horse, Bucky, and their 50 cats. It was truly amazing. I wrote a poem about it.
    PW: ...I also love the song "Frozen Moments" but you can only get that on iTunes!

What's one thing you got to experience by working with Jennifer that her fans would be surprised to know (remember we know most everything!)?
    MB: She has a great sense of humor and is always ready to laugh. She's very down to earth. She and Marc also love Kentucky Fried Chicken and they eat chocolate cookies, which is really the forbidden fruit for the Hollywood lifestyle.
    PW: Jennifer is also an amazing cook. She makes the best chicken with rice and beans, and she and Marc taught me all about sofrito.

Changing gears, you guys have your debut album, "The Mystery LLP," coming out soon. How long did you work on that?
    PW: It's been in the works for a "minute."
    MB: Yeah, if by a minute you mean, like, two years!
    PW: We were constantly in the studio writing for Jennifer, so we had to create a new space to work on our own sound and songs for the album.
    MB: We made a conscious decision to really dig in and figure out what we wanted to say. We were very set on making real songs, with real substance. It was very important to us that we do things our way.
    PW: And evidently our way is slow and steady. We still have to pick the final sequence, mix the whole album and tweak a couple things, but it's coming. And it's definitely worth the wait.

What can fans of your music expect to hear?
    PW: Our album, "The Mystery LLP" sounds new, intelligent, futuristic, organic and sexy cool, something for everyone. It's challenging but poppy, eclectic but cohesive -- we really wanted to offer something you can dig your teeth into and discover for yourself. It's very personal, but it's also pop music to dance and sing along with.
    MB: It's really easy to get into. We have a song called, "Feelin' It Here" which is indirectly about our experience in the music business. That theme is interwoven with lyrics that could also be about a romantic relationship. The track actually travels with us into the future and the sounds modernize and change as it progresses. It's definitely my favorite song.

When will "The Mystery LLP" be in stores?
    PW: We hope to have it out around Summer '08. You can stay up-to-date and hear some of the music back at the Lynn & Wade LLP MySpace page.

Thanks to Michelle & Peter!!

Note: This article is exclusive to BB. Other sites can post it, but CREDIT http://www.Beyond-Beautiful.org

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#2

Thanks Heather

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#3

thx ...

theyrecord 12 songs??? so we allready have 7 unreleased songs??? wowow

Admin

Sep 14, 2007#4

lol i guess we do know everything!! hehehe
          What's one thing you got to experience by working with Jennifer that her fans would be surprised to know (remember we know most everything!)?
          MB: She has a great sense of humor and is always ready to laugh. She's very down to earth. She and Marc also love Kentucky Fried Chicken and they eat chocolate cookies, which is really the forbidden fruit for the Hollywood lifestyle.
          PW: Jennifer is also an amazing cook. She makes the best chicken with rice and beans, and she and Marc taught me all about sofrito.
          LMAO..I'd kill to hear that 'Goody Bag' song!!

46K3,606
          Admin
          46K3,606

Sep 14, 2007#5

I know! lol

Intermediate Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#6

Great interview guys!! I agree with them like I told you guys in the other brave topic "Never Give Up" is such an AMAZING song, I love it!!!!

Contributor

Sep 14, 2007#7

Great questions! Nice interview, thanks for sharing.

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#8

samantha plzzzzzzzzz finally ur here any news about jen if she will be in Europe soon or wat is she doin now anything plz sami ?

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#9

Congrats on the interview =D
                    It's cool!

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#10

Huge thanks for this !
                      PW: ...I also love the song "Frozen Moments" but you can only get that on iTunes!
                      Is it Jennifer's song that will be available only on iTunes ?

15K5
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      15K5

Sep 14, 2007#11

good job guys !!

great interview.

Frozen Moments is a Jen song ? or is he talking about someone else ?

46K3,606
                        Admin
                        46K3,606

Sep 14, 2007#12

We followed up with them on that question because we were unsure, too. We'll let you know when they get back to us.

I sure hope so, though! lol

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#13

i guess so!!!

sp never give up will be in the album???

15K5
                            Doctor of Jenology
                            15K5

Sep 14, 2007#14

^ yes.

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#15

JenRox wrote:We followed up with them on that question because we were unsure, too. We'll let you know when they get back to us.

I sure hope so, though! lol
                                Thanks Heather It looks like it's a bonus track if we can get it only on iTunes I'm almost sure it's Jen's song yay

Intermediate Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#16

i want it to be a bonus of the album (cd), otherwise i have a loose track. that's kinda annoying.
                                  thanks for the interview btw.

Admin

Sep 14, 2007#17

^^crossing fingers that it'll be a bonus track!

And for illustration purposes...here's a picture of Michelle and Jennifer:

And one of Peter and Jennifer (we've seen before):

Intermediate Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#18

loranloran wrote:samantha plzzzzzzzzz finally ur here any news about jen if she will be in Europe soon or wat is she doin now anything plz sami ?
                                      she's suppose to be going to europe next week

Intermediate Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#19

01. Stay Together
                                        02. Hold It, Don't Drop It
                                        03. Do It Well
                                        04. Gotta Be There
                                        **05. Never Gonna Give Up
                                        06. Mile In These Shoes
                                        **07. The Way It Is
                                        **08. Be Mine
                                        **09. I Need Love
                                        10. Wrong When You're Gone
                                        11. Brave

Here's the new Jennifer Lopez' Brave album tracklist.

**Written and Produced by Lynn & Wade LLP (Peter Wade and Michelle Bell)

http://www.peterwademusic.com/blog/

is the fifth song 'frozen moments'?

Master of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#20

great interview..well done guys

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#21

lemarv1n wrote:01. Stay Together
                                            02. Hold It, Don't Drop It
                                            03. Do It Well
                                            04. Gotta Be There
                                            **05. Never Gonna Give Up
                                            06. Mile In These Shoes
                                            **07. The Way It Is
                                            **08. Be Mine
                                            **09. I Need Love
                                            10. Wrong When You're Gone
                                            11. Brave

Here's the new Jennifer Lopez' Brave album tracklist.

**Written and Produced by Lynn & Wade LLP (Peter Wade and Michelle Bell)

http://www.peterwademusic.com/blog/

is the fifth song 'frozen moments'?
                                            maybe "forever" is the fifh song'frozen moments' bonus? yaaa i hope...it need alot bonus

thx for the interview !!!!

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#22

sweetfacejlo0724 wrote:
                                              loranloran wrote:samantha plzzzzzzzzz finally ur here any news about jen if she will be in Europe soon or wat is she doin now anything plz sami ?
                                              she's suppose to be going to europe next week
                                              Sam, do you know where exactly she is going ?

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#23

Thanx for the interview , It's really interesting

I think Never Gonna Give Up will be an amazing song

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#24

Yeah I think i'm going to like "Never Gonna Give Up" whats more Julio Reyes worked on it

and yay for bonus track! i hope Frozen Moments is Jennifer's and that we'll get to hear it

Doctor of Jenology

Sep 14, 2007#25

forever is the last song added 2 the album.

Read more posts (48 remaining)