Intro to Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#26

thanks for the videos

Master of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#27

wow!! the new dress is so beautiful on jen!! i love that color!!

Intro to Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#28

did she do the remixes too? I know at the Chicago concert she didn't.

Master of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#29

If You Had My Love

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#30

Thanks Sam for the video with the new dress its beautiful but i also like the yellow one

Intermediate Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#31

Ok, I will be honest - I don't like the dress so much, it's HUGE lol but the performance's are so damn hot - maybe she can remove the remixes, 'cause it's not interesting without the guests and add 2-3 songs from Brave

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#32

i really do hope she adds 2-3 songs from Brave that'll be awesome!

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#33

Thanks for all the vids. I love 'IYHML' ending and the whole performance

Intro to Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#34

I was there in row 3 center stage , here are some pics, I have about 60 more to go through including 10 videos, with full lengths of No Me Ames, I need to know, her intro vid for waiting for tonight, etc etc.

Intermediate Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#35

bmwtye wrote:I was there in row 3 center stage , here are some pics, I have about 60 more to go through including 10 videos, with full lengths of No Me Ames, I need to know, her intro vid for waiting for tonight, etc etc.

Please tell us - did she sang "Brave" ?

Master of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#36

^ i've been told she didn't sang "Brave"

46K3,604
                        Admin
                        46K3,604

Oct 19, 2007#37

GREAT PICS!! THANKS!

And welcome to BB.

20K2,682
                          Admin
                          20K2,682

Oct 19, 2007#38

Great pics and vids guys! I LOVED the ending to IYHML.
                            Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

Bachelor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#39

I love the baby blue color on her

Intro to Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#40

wow thoese pix r great id love 2 see more, my hat goes off 2 jen 4 doing all this 4 her fans while pregnant....

14K2,609
                                Admin
                                14K2,609

Oct 19, 2007#41

Nice!! Thank you.

Intro to Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#42

^ Thanks 4 the pics! I like the blue dress!

The highly anticipated debut tour for Jennifer Lopez with husband Marc Anthony made its way into the cavernous HP Pavilion in San Jose on Wednesday night, and the packed audience of die-hard fans got close to three hours of an imbalanced but undoubtedly high-energy performance. The show's anchor was Anthony, who came on strong. Backed by a 15-piece band that combined a pop combo with a salsa ensemble, he rose up from the middle of the floor on an elevator. It created a drama for his opening number that was accented by a strumming flamenco guitar, the visual of a sunrise on the stage monitor screens and clouds of smoke drifting across the floor. He wasted no time in conjuring the spirit of Héctor Lavoe, whom he played in the film "El Cantante," and rocked the house with "Aguanile." It immediately brought the crowd to their feet with its contagious salsa swing. Wearing a black jacket and leather chino pants, he ran across the stage urging the audience on as trombonist Dan Reagan took a solo. From there, Anthony kept the audience enthralled as he sang his greatest hits with impeccable pacing and musicality. "Valio La Pena," the title track from his forthcoming Sony/BMG release, came next, followed by one of his romantic salsa hits, "Te Conozco Bien." As he walked out onto a ramp that extended from the stage into the audience, the cell phones popped open and he posed for the cameras before reaching out and asking a fan for her cell phone. He began to sing into it to the delight of the crowd. After finishing his verse he handed the phone back and said slightly off mike, "Was I just singing that to a man?" Anthony's portrayal of the ill-fated salsa singer Lavoe in "El Cantante" gave him the chance to sing a classic repertoire of songs that are now serving as the highlights of his performance on the road. When he sang "Mi Gente," one of Lavoe's classic pieces, it was done with masterful nuance and put the place into a spin. He ended his set with a raucous "I Need to Know," one of several songs he performed in English. The largely Latino crowd ate it up. The gestures, the drama, the patter in between songs and the sing-along segments, along with his constant posing for the cell phone paparazzi, were all part of the genuine charisma he possesses. All good, but he was the opening act for his wife, Jennifer Lopez, and everyone wanted to see what she could do to top that. On her first tour ever, J.Lo began her portion of the show with videos of herself flashing on the monitor screens. A rainbow of lights and fireworks ushered her on with a bang, and she appeared in a light blue and white baby-doll top and bell-bottoms. A line of male and female dancers came out to spice up the opening number, "Do It Well, with some hip-hop choreography. As she went into "Jenny From the Block" you began to notice how reliant she is on her background singers to strengthen her voice with duet parts. The audio boosted it further with electronic effects. Singing is not the strongest component of her artistic persona, but she knows how to perform and how to deliver the songs with calculated style. The dance routines were a major part of the show and while she got enthusiastically into some, she let her dancers take the lead for the most part. "Te Voy a Querer," from her first all-Spanish album, "Como Ama Una Mujer," was a nice contrast to the urban-heavy party tunes. She then went to change her wardrobe, leaving the audience with a fast-paced video of scenes from the Bronx, her hometown. Hip-hop, graffiti, subway trains and the people in the barrio were highlighted, killing five minutes and really added nothing to the performance. Now in a loose black skirt with gold spangles, like a 1920s flapper dress, she returned with "Brave," the title track of her latest album, perhaps her worst received album of the six in her discography. The title track is a funky ditty that she delivered soulfully. Her voice is a sweet contralto but unseasoned. She sang two more before doing "Qué Hiciste," highlighted by a spectacular pyrotechnics display that had flames shooting in the air. A square-framed elevator emerged at the top of the three-tier stage layout, which she jumped on. This enabled her to ascend to the height of the main monitor screen, where she sang against images of a burning car and surrounded by a flashing lighting design. Once again she disappeared to change, leaving us with a collage of her many videos before reappearing in a gold dress for a dance hits set of "Waiting for Tonight," "Love Don't Cost a Thing" (with more fire and pyrotechnics) and "Let's Get Loud." At this point, the material was getting redundant and her vocal deficiencies were showing. While the audience was still hyped, they were not as much in sync with Lopez as they had been with Anthony. Another wardrobe change brought her out wearing a flowing turquoise gown and singing in Spanish. She was stage right with two lone spotlights illuminating her. Then Anthony entered stage left and he sang toward her and the two walked toward center stage. They harmonized on "Por Arriesgarnos" and as they met, they kissed, to the applause of the crowd. "No Me Ames" came next and closed the show with a splash of confetti. The rumors about Lopez being pregnant were buzzing, and while she made no major announcement, she looked to be a few months along, given the loose clothing, her lack of participation in some dance numbers and the added weight. While she's taken a few critical knocks for "Brave" and "El Cantante," you have to conclude Lopez and Anthony still throw a great party.http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 01&sc=1000

So she did perform 'Brave'!

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#43

OMG I wanna see the video for Brave! =D

Master of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#44

^ thoose accounts make me wanna see the tour in europe.

I think the pregnancy is startin to effect the tour though thats y she must have had a five minute break. - i think the reviewer didnt really take that into account, as it would effect her vocals and dancing.

I have alot of respect for her doing this tour pregnant it must be tough.

46K3,604
                                        Admin
                                        46K3,604

Oct 19, 2007#45

They always have the breaks. It's so she can change outfits.

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#46

the blue dress is way better than the yellow one! I hope she performs more songs from "Brave"!

Doctor of Jenology

Oct 19, 2007#47

yeah theres always breaks in concerts... i remember that break wit the funk/hip hop music and everythin right before the remix medley. that was one of my favorite breaks, i looved that music! LOL.

Intro to Jenology

Oct 20, 2007#48

thank you for the pix and vid- j 7k 10
                                                I like her new dress and I LOVE the dance breack of IYHML
                                                Please,could you upload Jen´s intro video

Intro to Jenology

Oct 20, 2007#49

nice pics

Master of Jenology

Oct 20, 2007#50

thanks for the pics!!!
                                                    and i want to see brave vid too!!!

Read more posts (28 remaining)