Bad ticket sales??

Bad ticket sales??

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 12, 2007#1

They Should Just Do Their Own ThingFiled under: Jennifer Lopez > Marc Anthony America just does not like these two together! On the heels of their underperforming movie El Cantante, which dropped more than 56% this at the box office this weekend, the much hyped Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony has come out the gates with a whimper. Tickets for many cities (including Atlantic City, Chicago, Washington DC and two shows in New York) went on sale this weekend and not one show sold out. Sales were just soft. In fact, a few of the shows are so undersold, you can still get floor seats or Lower Level seats near the stage on Ticketmaster.com. J. Lo, who has never done a proper tour of the U.S., should have just done her own show. Then we wouldn't have to sit through all of Skeletor's songs! [Image via Mavrix Online.] Permalink / 106 comments (RSS) »

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 12, 2007#2

well this can work to our benefit because now prices can go down and people can get them for cheaper money

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 12, 2007#3

thats such bs... didnt ticktmaster just add a new date for MSG because their were only single seats left?

14K2,609
        Admin
        14K2,609

Aug 12, 2007#4

Sorry, but that's not even worthy of it's own thread and it was already posted. Plus, it's not a very credible source coming from perez... lol

And as Frank just said, they added another date to MSG, nuff said.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 12, 2007#5

Well I dunno, just asking...
            After all, the cancellation of the Midwest Europeen tour also got cancelled because of bad ticket sales...

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 12, 2007#6

if this for whatever cancels... jlo and marc are OVER and done with.. everyone everyone will be fed up and jlos new english album will go down the drains.

14K2,609
              Admin
              14K2,609

Aug 12, 2007#7

lol @ you guys. It's from perezhilton.com.

Why would they add another date to MSG if the sales were poor.
                ING Presents Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony En Concierto; Live Nation Adds 2nd Madison Square Garden Show Due to Popular Demand Tour to Benefit Fitness Program for Latino Youth August 11, 2007: 07:37 PM EST NEW YORK, Aug. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Within 15 minutes of tickets going on sale today for ING Presents Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony En Concierto at Madison Square Garden on Sunday, October 7th, a second show was put on sale for Monday, October 8, due to the overwhelming response of New York fans. The mega-wattage tour kicks off September 29 in Atlantic City, and is Lopez's first tour ever and Lopez and Anthony's first tour together. Produced by Live Nation , the first-of-a-kind tour will make its way to fourteen major markets and some of the hottest venues in the U.S. and Canada, (see dates below). $1.00 from every ticket sold on the tour will benefit the ING Run for Something Better, a free school based running program which benefits Latino kids. PHOTOS: http://www.dbaronmedia.com/index.php/ar ... to/gallery (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/200 ... ATU096LOGO ) The star power and performing prowess Lopez and Anthony bring to the tour is unequaled. Anthony is one of the most thrilling performers in contemporary music and will perform music from his extensive English and Spanish repertoire. Superstar Jennifer Lopez will be performing many of the greatest hits she's had in English and also songs in Spanish from her album COMO AMA UNA MUJER.

Aug 12, 2007#8

jlo and marc are OVER and done with
                  and why would they be over if a tour got cancelled. lol

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 12, 2007#9

tah71 wrote:lol @ you guys
                    @ you girl
                    1) i only posted this thread because i read it on perezhilton and i hadnt read it elsewhere yet and had no idea what happened.
                    2) I WAS JUST ASKIN... OK?
                    3) good about the MSG 2nd date but that doesnt mean that the tour is sold good everywhere..... thats ignorant

14K2,609
                    Admin
                    14K2,609

Aug 12, 2007#10

I was only saying that perez is nothing to take even slightly serious, that's all, and he did mention NY.

No offense intented Imko.

Hey I just want to enjoy the whole tour atmosphere. It should be a fun and exciting time here.

Master of Jenology

Aug 12, 2007#11

it will sell just fine. when do it well explodes ticket sales will go up. i think it also has to do with ticket prices being too high but w/e. i'm sure everything will turn out fine.

46K3,606
                        Admin
                        46K3,606

Aug 12, 2007#12

onlinejlofanCOM wrote:Well I dunno, just asking...
                          After all, the cancellation of the Midwest Europeen tour also got cancelled because of bad ticket sales...
                          All those shows were sold out, I remember...

Anyway, no need to get touchy. Sales are fine, I'm sure. They are going to places that have a lot of Hispanics. NYC sold out super quick and they added a new date. They've got LA and Miami dates on standby.

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 13, 2007#13

JenRox wrote:
                            onlinejlofanCOM wrote:Well I dunno, just asking...
                            All those shows were sold out, I remember...
                            No they weren't, I knew the Promoters of that concert and they told me something else that they haven't put out...
                            Sales were amazingly bad, seriously, they would go to restaurants and give restaurant owners like 100 tickets to give out to people who were dining [not out of promotional purpose] but because they wanted every ticket to look like it was sold. They were even given tickets away for free to people who would just walk down on the street and they would just get a ticket.

I also got emailed several times back when I did jennifer-lopez.nu, from restaurant owners who got a whole bunch of tickets and several they told me that they begged them to give them away... Someone from one of these restaurant even emailed me a photo of like 40 tickets in a row, I had put it up on jennifer-lopez.nu but I don't see it anywhere anymore, probably because Dan deleted all my photos added

Master of Jenology

Aug 13, 2007#14

^ i heard that too imko but i thought it was a rumor back then
                              btw maurice and i still have our tickets for the cancelled concert in Athens

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 13, 2007#15

=D yeah such a shame that that tour got cancelled!

14K2,609
                                Admin
                                14K2,609

Aug 13, 2007#16

Well, the promoters were really pissed that "she" cancelled and threatened to sue her.That's all you read about in the press...nothing about poor sales.
                                  It was a big to do on here to. Fans here beat up on Jen really bad about that.

Anyway...looking forward to this tour and I'm not letting BS from perez ruin it.

btw, Beyonce is on tour and you can still get "floor seats" for her concert and her ticket sales started in June.

Master of Jenology

Aug 13, 2007#17

Perez is a bitter fat c**t. dont listen to him.

Master of Jenology

Aug 13, 2007#18

it could be worse...at least perez loves jennifer lol

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 13, 2007#19

i know, sometimes he tries to say bitch or something to her in a post just so that the visitors dont think he likes her haha
                                        but he LOVES jennifer lol

Master of Jenology

Aug 15, 2007#20

we should write him just to prove him wrong. more shows are being added yet hes saying that theres been poor sales. so not reliable!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 15, 2007#21

i already did

Intro to Jenology

Sep 26, 2007#22

i don't like Ph either..and i live in LA just somethin about him i dont like...just putting my 2 cents in i'm new so i'll keep cool

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 27, 2007#23

this is such bull w.e. =/

Bachelor of Jenology

Sep 27, 2007#24

I hpe every thing goes well in the tour thats all...