Sing Live VS. Dance

Sing Live VS. Dance

Master of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#1

Well now that we know that Jen sings great live- what do you guys prefer? Would you rather her perform and sing live, or would you rather her go all-out visually and dance almost the entire time (but lipsynched). I'd much rather her lipsynch and see her dance. Those energetic performances of Love Don't Cost A Thing, Waiting for Tonight, If You Had My Love, etc. were amazing! With her new english album coming soon what do you think she's gonna do? She can't really do both cuz she'll sound horrible and out of breath. I was gonna make this a poll but what happened to that?

Jun 21, 2007#2

oh and for a tour, i'd say lipsynch all the upbeat songs, sing live for the ballads and mid-tempo R&B tracks.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#3

i would say re-record all the upbeat dance songs to make them sound live, and sing live all the ballads and mid-tempos. i wouldnt mind her attemptin to sing live one or two of her dance songs.

15K5
        Doctor of Jenology
        15K5

Jun 21, 2007#4

If she does Tour she better sing live, and she can have some help on the up-tempo song but sing live over the playback like Justin did on his last Tour.

i have been to one concert where the artist (Britney) lypsynched all the songs and it sucked big time

14K678
          Admin
          14K678

Jun 21, 2007#5

I would like the ballads live and the up and midtempo songs atleast partly live

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#6

i hate the way it sounds when a singer sings live on top of a playback tho !! i think it sounds so bad...

46K3,604
              Admin
              46K3,604

Jun 21, 2007#7

^^Yeah.

If it's uptempo, she can lip-synch. I'd like to hear the spanish ones live, though.

15K5
                Doctor of Jenology
                15K5

Jun 21, 2007#8

it's not exactly in the top of it , at least for justin but he sang a part live and when he was dancing it wasn't something like that.

but if she lypsinch on the up-tempo songs she should pre-record them.

Admin

Jun 21, 2007#9

I. HATE. LIP SYNCING.

I don't care if its Jen. You are a singer, so sing, no matter how bad it is, or get off the stage. I hate that crap. I don't fall for that "I can't dance AND sing!" Um, Broadway performers do. They are trained singers and dancers, just like Jen, and that's where she started. No excuses. She can do it. Prepare for it properly, and she can do it.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#10

^ Exactly!

Master of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#11

sorry to break it to you but jen's voice isn't that strong. it's improved over the years and she CAN sing live but I don't think she sounds good when she sings while dancing. if she's gonna sing live she'd better be standing or sitting cuz she won't hit the notes. i love her to death but it just won't work. she can do it...but it will sound bad lol. and she knows it too. why do you think she lipsynchs?

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#12

She's a singer. So I agree that she sould sing live whether it's good or bad. What's the difference if she lipsynchs when I can also listen to the studio versions on her CDs? I wouldn't pay 100USD or something to listen to playback music at a concert. At least pre-recording the songs to make them sound live is acceptable.

Admin

Jun 21, 2007#13

I'm aware her voice isn't the strongest, but still. Then why perform, if its so bad? Why be a singer at all? That's bullshit. Slow down the dancing, let the backup dancers take over and sing the songs. I wouldn't be happy if I shelled out for her show and barely got anything live.

Lip syncing just pisses me right off, no matter who it is or the circumstances.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#14

Sing the best to her effort and dance,as long as she puts on an amazing show.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#15

She can sing and dance!
                                and yeah, her voice is not that strong, but a real singer, doesn't need a powerful voice..they just need to know how to touch us with their voices.
                                that's enough.

20K2,682
                                Admin
                                20K2,682

Jun 21, 2007#16

sorry to break it to you but jen's voice isn't that strong.
                                  I don't think anyone thinks Jen's voice is the same as Christina's but let's get serious. Paying too much for lipsynching is just plain dumb.
                                  Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#17

^ Bravo! Well said Timmy!

Admin

Jun 21, 2007#18

I've always said it...I want an off the charts 'performance' because that's who she is to me...a performer. so I'd want a nice mix of both...neither one should overpower the other...but truth is, I more want to see her shakin' it the way she used to...

IMO the show start's suckin' when she misses notes and sounds horrible..so I'd rather that be taken care of in a studio lol...dancing though can't be faked

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 21, 2007#19

^ Nva mind as long as it's live

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#20

ur payin to be entertained, not demandin to hear her sing live. i still want her 2 do that tho, but if she needs 2lipsynch 4 sumthings... thats fine wit me. im payin 2 SEE HER live dance, do her thing, and sing her slow songs. not necessarily to hear her sing EVERYTHING live.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#21

For the highly choreagraphed songs like If You Had My Love or Get Right, i wouldnt mind her to lipsynch... Although some performers like Ciara can really do both at the same time (re-record the songs ti make them sound live is the best solution)

but for the ballads (Baby I Love You, CAUM songs...), the midtempos (Feelin So Good) and even some of the uptempos where she isnt dancing so much (Like in Im Real, Waiting for Tonight) she better sing live... i pay to see her sing, i dont mind some dance numbers but singing live is essential...

46K3,604
                                            Admin
                                            46K3,604

Jun 22, 2007#22

I think she can do it, she simply lacks the confidence.

However, like some of you guys above, I'd be paying for the performance and to see her in person. Singing live isn't the most important thing for me.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#23

JenRox wrote:However, like some of you guys above, I'd be paying for the performance and to see her in person. Singing live isn't the most important thing for me.
                                                100% agree with you.

Intro to Jenology

Jun 22, 2007#24

I totally agree its about performancing not just singing, and the fact that she's an amazing dancer
                                                  that's something a lot of artisits can't do

Jun 22, 2007#25

i meant performing sorry about my english

Read more posts (56 remaining)