Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#51

watch Jennifer at nokia theater or at gay parade, u'll see she can do both as well and hot as always

15K5
    Doctor of Jenology
    15K5

Jun 29, 2007#52

The Gay Parade was all pre-recorded.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#53

nmou81 wrote:The Gay Parade was all pre-recorded.
        Whatever You Wanna Do was live though

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#54

what?all pre-recorded?Nono, I dn't think so. ^yeah, whatever you wanna do was live and she denced a loooooot!

15K5
          Doctor of Jenology
          15K5

Jun 29, 2007#55

Dahk01 wrote:
            Whatever You Wanna Do was live though
            mm even this one i think.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#56

I think it was live because i remember seeing a video on youtube of the whole performance, after she finished the song with the "Whatever you wanna do, hey hey" parts she began talking to the audience and then after she sang again the "hey hey" part and she had exactly the same voice

the other performances (Get Right and Medley) were defo lipsynched tho

15K5
              Doctor of Jenology
              15K5

Jun 29, 2007#57

when� hold out��the microfone� to the public we still can hear her hey hey. (look at 0:44)

but if it's not live it's really well done lol, so i wouldn't mind if she prerecorded some song in her Tour (If she ever Tour).

16K4,305
                Contributor
                16K4,305

Jun 29, 2007#58

when� hold out��the microfone� to the public we still can hear her hey hey. (look at 0:44)
                  its bcuz the guy who recorded this was in the crowd lol.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#59

no, 'watever u wanna do' was pre recorded. sorry 2 let yall kno.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#60

^How do u know?

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#61

listen to jennifer actually sing live, and listen to that performance. im not sayin she sounds bad singin live, but she sounds different. she actually sounds live, she sounds a lil shakier and a lil nervous sometimes, and sometimes outta breath. for her to dance tha way she is dancin in 'watever u wanna do' and sing live that flawlessly, i find it hard 2 believe. and plus like someone else pointed out, she said 'hey hey' into the mic a few times, and then she backed the mic away and u still heard her say 'hey hey' in the same volume as when she had the mic up to her mouth.

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 29, 2007#62

FeelinSoGood2002 wrote:she said 'hey hey' into the mic a few times, and then she backed the mic away and u still heard her say 'hey hey' in the same volume as when she had the mic up to her mouth.
                          I'm sorry, but this is not true, watch it again, and u'll see that when she backed the mic away u just hear people saying 'hey hey', not her.

15K5
                          Doctor of Jenology
                          15K5

Jun 29, 2007#63

lol yeah you can still hear her.

Bachelor of Jenology

Jun 30, 2007#64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2IvbdNZzq4

this video shows that she must have sang live... It shows her performing WYWD and after she's done, she begins talking to the crowd... at one point (Look at 5:15) she sings the "hey Hey" part to test her mic, and it sounds exactly the same as when she was perfoming

Doctor of Jenology

Jun 30, 2007#65

yall r in denial lol

Intro to Jenology

Aug 20, 2007#66

i personally want DANCIN! fuck dat singin shit, leave dat for a Mariah or a Whitney koncert. Artist tend to slack on the performance/dance portion wen dey fokus on singin, hence Ciara's recent performances. I want her to kick it like she used to, a la LDCAT @ MTV Europe Awards, IYHML @ Blockbuster awards and WFT @ Billboard awards. She should give what she's know for givin. And k'mon, she'll prolly use pre-rekorded vokals anywayz, das what most artist do who dance. Just re-rekord the song overtop of a band to give it da "live" feel and play da same track at all shows. TRUST ME, she used it on the Live in PR koncert lol

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 20, 2007#67

i kno rite !!! save the live stuff for the slow songs, but i wanna see her dance her ass off personally.

Contributor

Aug 20, 2007#68

I honestly won't be able to tell either way. It's easier to point out lip syncing on televised performances where you can watch closely but in person I find it hard to tell. The Music is so loud, people are screaming - I really won't know either way lol

20K2,682
                                      Admin
                                      20K2,682

Aug 21, 2007#69

Yeah probably. I'd be okay with her lipsynching IF and it's a big IF she sings the slow songs live.
                                        Twitter: @timmylovesjlo

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 21, 2007#70

omg! the majority of you are so ignorant and know nothing about music!!!! people she can sing live and dance she uses whats called a "tv track". its a track basically with no lead vocals only prerecorded back up vocals in the chorus! clean your ears out she is singing live! she uses ear monitors or stage monitors so she can hear herself thats the biggest trick, if a singer can hear themself they can retain breath control. She hasn't lipsynched in a loooong time! She has built stamina as a singer and performer when you have stamina like that your diaphragm is strecthed out enough to sing and dance! stop watching britney spears and learn the difference!!!! I know she will sing live at the concert and im sure there will be some parts that contain a track ex: the horn section in get right theres no way that can be reproduced live! but i know she sings live and she's damn good at it. notice she walks it off every now and then to stay in key and not loose breath. how can you guys sell her short and say "she can lipsynch" or "leave the live singing to whitney or mariah" no no no, shame on you if you cant appreciate a hardworking singer and performer than don't watch her!!!!! simple as that! and know your facts regarding live music and the difference in performances lead voclas can be live without a band. and with the kind of voice jen has she can sing and dance. her voice is not weak!!!!!!!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 21, 2007#71

um, im being realistic, and she does a weaker voice than most singers. her voice is very thin and she has to be careful in order not to mess up. i agree she can sing live, but im not sure she can do that while she doin hard intricate dancing. she might be able 2, hopefully she can do it. and yes she has lipsynched, but a lot of people stay in denial. u can tell because in 'get right' sometimes, she using the same backing track, over, and over, and over... and they all sound exactly the same. singers who sing live dont always sound exactly the same each time. but she has sang live before, 'que hiciste', 'me haces falta', mostly her spanish songs. i hope she sings her english stuff live at the concert tho

Intermediate Jenology

Aug 23, 2007#72

i luv when she dance !

Intro to Jenology

Aug 27, 2007#73

mrjlolover wrote:people she can sing live and dance she uses whats called a "tv track". its a track basically with no lead vocals only prerecorded back up vocals in the chorus! clean your ears out she is singing live! she uses ear monitors or stage monitors so she can hear herself thats the biggest trick, if a singer can hear themself they can retain breath control. She hasn't lipsynched in a loooong time!
                                                yo like reallyk, what are you sayin? lmao EVERYBODY uses a damn ear monitor, INKLUDING britney and others who lip synch, its totally for "looks". kause truth be told, we all know Beyonce kan sing her ass off. She USED a ear monitor on this years BET Awards when she performed "Get Me Bodied" but that performance was totally lip synched, kause its da same track ive heard 3 times on her tour this year. So just kause u use a ear monitor, dont mean shit. And like i sed, use da pre-rekorded vokals, everybody does it. Janet's ass still gets outta breath after dancin/singin for a long time, and she's BEEN built up the stamina, and tends to get short of breath. She's been doin dis a hellova lot longa then Jenn has lol so like i sed, let her stick to da pre-rekorded track, where it still will be "live" and we kan have our dancin!

Doctor of Jenology

Aug 28, 2007#74

I love her voice, but I rather see her dance! I love her facial expressions, she's so cute!
                                                  Come real or not at all!

14K2,609
                                                  Admin
                                                  14K2,609

Aug 28, 2007#75

I prefer singing live whether it's Jen or any other artist. For me a concert is an extension of your music. You should be able to sing what you sell no matter who you are. The dancing performance is great, but if you're going to do it, it has to come with the voice.

Read more posts (6 remaining)