Good Morning America Transcript - October 14th, 2004

Good Morning America Transcript - October 14th, 2004

46K3,676
Admin
46K3,676

Aug 19, 2007#1

GOOD MORNING AMERICA TRANSCRIPT
    Diane:
    She is hollywood's ultimate triple threat. She sings, as you know she dances, she acts and she is doing many of those things in her new movie Shall We Dance. But this time she is teaching Richard Gere the beauty of Ballroom dancing that she has said is immensely difficult even for someone who has danced her whole life. and Jennifer Lopez joins us this morning, live ... live. Jennifer: Hello, good morning. I am so not awake right now! Diane: You're struggling though Jennifer: I'm struggling *laughs* Diane: We appreciate it. You wake up every morning, new movie, new marriage, new life. What's the one word that comes to mind when you wake up in the morning, how do you wake up? Jennifer: I wake up happy, I'm not bad to wake up in the morning but I've been really working hard lately so I'm a little bit tired. Diane: Tired and - I'm trying to imagine what it is. I saw you on Oprah the other day, saw you David Letterman late last night. Jennifer: I know *sarcastic face* Diane: Uh, you said to Oprah something interesting you said that you and Marc have so much in common because of - Puerto Rican, same references. Do you wake up speaking spanish ever? Jennifer: Um .... it's funny I don't remember mentioning that *laughs* Diane:You did!...I just wondered do you speak spanish at home? Jennifer: Do I speak spanish at home? Diane: Yeah

Jennifer: Sometimes Diane: Not just when you're making a point? Jennifer: No no no, I grew up speaking english so, but we speak spanish a lot, yeah. Diane: We've been talking about this because this I wanna raise a serious issue, because I think its really serious and I think it is really serious especially for actors in public life. We're all in this cycle together. You've said to me not to long ago "I want a line of privacy, I want some life for myself "- I know that people are reporting all the time on it, we know the people out there are watching and want to know more and more and more. If you were to gather all the people in the press in a room and said here's where I want to draw the line have you ever thought about what you'd say about what is right, where is the line? Jennifer: What's funny you know I've done about like 250 interviews in the past week ... literally you know for the movie and everything and you know the focus for me during that time, and I've got to talk a lot. Every single person asks me about my personal life and I understand that - in the past I've been very open about it but I've realized, and I, I actually said this on Oprah, um, is that I have to draw boundaries for myself and I don't want to talk about that anymore because the reason I'm in the public eye to begin with is because I make movies and I make music, and I dance, I sing, I act. and I really wanna get the focus back on that because it was a much better time than what I've been through in the past couple of years and I just learned I need to do that for myself, for my life. Diane: So are you able to say "I know it's their job to cover it, and to ask it but I'm just not gonna talk about it" or do you actually say they should stop covering it? Jennifer: You know you can't control everybody else and I don't - I wouldn't fool myself into thinking I could. The only thing I can do for myself is take responsibility for myself and say you know what? I'm not gonna answer that anymore. It just became a real quality of life issue for me and I - you know the one thing I will say - you said - Where does the line stop? I think at home when you're at home and you feel invaded, that's... that's not comfortable. Because once you leave your house you're a public person to some degree you have to realize that that's part of the job so I don't complain about that part. But when you're at home and people are shooting over the fence or just camped out outside your house....Let me have my house, at least!*laughs* Diane: Okay, I wanna talk about Shall We Dance because, as we said you're an actor and you've been in so many films now and yet but I wonder if you ever get nervous? I wonder if having started from another career altogether - you can still get your knees wobbling? Jennifer: Yeah, of course I do. Diane: Yeah? Jennifer: Yeah Diane: What do you do for nerves? Jennifer: Breathe *laughs* I just breathe and take it moment by moment. Um, yeah, I get nervous before I perform, I mean it's exciting for me to perform whenever I have to sing or like do one of the dance numbers in the movie or something - I mean its exciting for me. Diane: Richard Gere has said that he was nervous dancing with you and that you were so kind to him because even when he'de stumbol over you wouldn't say just give me one shot to get this right. -clip from Shall We Dance- Diane: What is it that the instructor learns in this movie about life? Because as we know, each person is learning through this experience about where they came and were when they started. Jennifer: You know Paulina at the beginning of the movie starts off very closed having gone through a lot in her life and just being very shut down and through teaching Richard Gere's character, John Clark, to dance and to let go again, she in essence teaches herself and reignites the passion in her own life which was missing so you think they're going to get to together for one reason and all of a sudden this beautiful thing happens where they both regain something that was lost and they're able to go on in their lives- so it's a very beautiful movie in that sense Diane: So, do you get a vacation now after all these interviews? Jennifer: Do I get a vacation now? I just came off a long vacation I don't know if anybody noticed. I was gone for a really long time - yeah okay - I had just taken a vacation, you can tell it's morning. I cant get a sentence out you must see this all the time. Diane: Believe me, I sympathize - we're shaking people awake during the commercial here. You got the prefumes still going? The clothing line still going? Jennifer: Yeah Diane: For anyone who didn't stay up late last night, I wanna show you and David Letterman last night as he decides well, what your perfume is really for? Jennifer: Oh God -David Letterman Clip- Diane: Anyway - Jennifer: He likes to eat the prefume, I don't know Diane: Great to have you with us this morning Jennifer: Good to see you Diane: Are you awake now? Jennifer: I'm not yet - in a couple of hours check with me. Diane: Okay I will, go back and take a nap *laughs* its really good to have you here.......Jennifer Lopez.

Jennifer:
    Thank you

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 19, 2007#2

That was funny

Diane: Are you awake now?

Jennifer: I'm not yet - in a couple of hours check with me.

Diane: Okay I will, go back and take a nap *laughs* its really good to have you here.......Jennifer Lopez.

Jennifer: Thank you

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 19, 2007#3

lmao i love this

Bachelor of Jenology

Aug 19, 2007#4

that was a fun interview lol

Intro to Jenology

Aug 20, 2007#5

thanX,great interview:)

Intro to Jenology

Aug 21, 2007#6