Katy Perry’s ‘Forced Sexual Act’ On American Idol Contestant Causes Outrage

Katy Perry’s ‘Forced Sexual Act’ On American Idol Contestant Causes Outrage

Master of Jenology

Mar 17, 2018#1

Katy Perry is facing backlash for kissing 19-year-old Benjamin Glaze moments before his audition on American Idol.
    Benjamin had reportedly never been kissed before this incident on the show, and said the whole experience made him uncomfortable.

He said he had deliberately been putting off his first kiss as a rite of passage, when he spoke:

It was a forced sexual act. Imagine if this was from a male judge. Has @katyperry not taken anything from the #metoo movement? #americanidol

I was a tad bit uncomfortable. I wanted to save it for my first relationship. I wanted it to be special.

Would I have done it if she said, ‘Would you kiss me?’ No, I would have said no. I know a lot of guys would be like, ‘Heck yeah!’ But for me, I was raised in a conservative family and I was uncomfortable immediately.

I wanted my first kiss to be special.

What if he didn't want that kiss for religious reasons? What if Luke Bryan forced kissed a 19yr girl, would that be ok? Creepy for Perry to do that.
    — Tommy Mergola (@tommymas1) March 13, 2018

SECOND 0:50

https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/katy-perr ... s-outrage/

Thoughts?

12K588
    Doctor of Jenology
    12K588

Mar 17, 2018#2

I think it's no big deal tbh. It wasn't even a kiss imho but to him it was important soooo... that's what matters. I just hate what our society has become! Everyone is so sensitive over the smallest things, political correctness and social justice warriors plague social media and our society in general that most have lost sight of what actually matters... it's sad to see fair movements being undermined like this.

Bachelor of Jenology

Mar 17, 2018#3

For strict christians the first kiss is sacred and it's happening after marriage.That boy was raised that way and Katy should have respected that.
        Katy should be the first woman accused by sexual harassment in 2018 after Mariah last year and become a nobody like Kevin Spacey,Harvey Weinstein and the rest of the ''crew''.

23K5,924
        Doctor of Jenology
        23K5,924

Mar 17, 2018#4

This was the most innocent, non-sexual thing ever, I can't believe people are actually making a deal out of it. If this is considered sexual harassment, then I myself have been sexually harassed and have sexually harassed people countless times in my life. FOH.
          lucinda wrote:For strict christians the first kiss is sacred and it's happening after marriage.That boy was raised that way and Katy should have respected that. Katy should be the first woman accused by sexual harassment in 2018 after Mariah last year and become a nobody like Kevin Spacey,Harvey Weinstein and the rest of the ''crew''.
          You're out of your mind if you think a platonic peck on the lips, the kind of thing your auntie does to you is anywhere NEAR the level of the vile things Weinstein and Spacey have done to people.
          panos86 wrote:I think it's no big deal tbh. It wasn't even a kiss imho but to him it was important soooo... that's what matters. I just hate what our society has become! Everyone is so sensitive over the smallest things, political correctness and social justice warriors plague social media and our society in general that most have lost sight of what actually matters... it's sad to see fair movements being undermined like this.
          !!!!!

22K4,141
          Doctor of Jenology
          22K4,141

Mar 17, 2018#5

LOL... it wasn't that big deal.

12K588
            Doctor of Jenology
            12K588

Mar 17, 2018#6

nixy1991 wrote:
              panos86 wrote:I think it's no big deal tbh. It wasn't even a kiss imho but to him it was important soooo... that's what matters. I just hate what our society has become! Everyone is so sensitive over the smallest things, political correctness and social justice warriors plague social media and our society in general that most have lost sight of what actually matters... it's sad to see fair movements being undermined like this.
              !!!!!
              Are these exclamation marks of approval or disapproval?

23K5,924
              Doctor of Jenology
              23K5,924

Mar 18, 2018#7

panos86 wrote:
                nixy1991 wrote:
                !!!!!
                Approval, of course. Trying to lump stuff like this into the #MeToo movement is irresponsible and frankly insulting to the people who were sexually abused and left traumatized for life.

12K588
                Doctor of Jenology
                12K588

Mar 18, 2018#8

nixy1991 wrote:
                  panos86 wrote:
                  nixy1991 wrote:
                  !!!!!
                  Approval, of course. Trying to lump stuff like this into the #MeToo movement is irresponsible and frankly insulting to the people who were sexually abused and left traumatized for life.
                  Oh i see! It's good to know more people think like this.
                  I've discussed this issue many times with a lot of different people and sadly not many agree. I really believe that cases like this trully hurt the validity of the movement and belittles the cause. Also when i point the lack of evidence in a lot of the claims many blame me of victim shaming... smdh I don't understand why people think ANY movement is above ANY critical approach.

Intro to Jenology

Mar 18, 2018#9

OMG, people that actually believe this nonsense need to get a life!