0(0%)
    0(0%)
    0(0%)
    0(0%)
    0(0%)
    0(0%)
    1(5%)
    0(0%)

While football fans everywhere are eager to find out if the Philadelphia Eagles or the New England Patriots will reign supreme at the Super Bowl, pop culture aficionados have more pressing matters to focus their attention on, like Justin Timberlake‘s highly anticipated halftime performance.

As is the case each year, the NFL is keeping mum on details related to its entertainment acts, but that doesn’t have fans (or Timberlake) feeling any less hyped for what’s to come.

Here’s what we know so far about the “Filthy” crooner’s performance:

1. This will be the third time he’s hitting the Super Bowl stage.

This will be the third time Timberlake has performed at the famous championship game. In addition to the 2004 set, he and ‘NSYNC joined a star-studded lineup (including Aerosmith, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige and Nelly) to sing their classic hits “Bye Bye Bye” and “It’s Gonna Be Me.”

2. It won’t be controversial like his and Janet Jackson‘s 2004 Super Bowl debacle.

Fourteen years ago, the singer took the stage with Jackson to perform his hit “Rock Your Body.” Memorably, at the end of the sexy track’s closing lyrics — “I bet I’ll have you naked by the end of this song” — Timberlake went to remove Jackson’s corset and accidentally tore off her bra too, exposing her bare breast.

Controversy ensued, Timberlake and Jackson issued apologies, and the Federal Communications Commission charged CBS, the network that broadcast the game that year, with a $550,000 indecency fine for the incident, dubbed “Nipplegate.”

“To be honest, it wasn’t too much of a conversation,” he told Beats 1’s Zane Lowe of addressing the controversial moment before hitting the stage once more on Super Bowl Sunday. “It’s just one of those things where you go, ‘Yeah what do you want me to say? We’re not going to do that again.'”

3. ‘NSYNC will most likely not reunite on Super Bowl Sunday.

Sad news for ‘NYSYNC fans hoping for a Super Bowl reunion: Joey Fatone appeared to shut down rumors of a regrouping when TMZ caught up with the former band mate. (JC Chasez, Chris Kirkpatrick and Lance Bass round out the famous fivesome.)

“I’m here [at dinner] right now — if I was doing something, I’d be at rehearsals right now, so obviously there’s your proof: nothing,” Fatone told TMZ of the potential ‘NSYNC reunion. “There’s nothing wrong with that! He’s doing his thing!”

4. … and the same thing can be said about a surprise Janet Jackson appearance.

If you take Fatone’s word on it, that is. “He’s not that kind of person,” Fatone said. “He’s not controversial like that. He is in a sense, but not in a sense to do it deliberately.”

5. He’s stretching and rehearsing like no other.

We can hardly wait for what’s to come.

Super Bowl LII will be played Sunday, Feb. 4 at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota and will air live on NBC.

14K2,614
    Doctor of Jenology
    14K2,614

Feb 02, 2018#2

No NSYNC reunión and no JAnet ??? BORING

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 04, 2018#3

OMG

Justin Timberlake Will Feature Prince Hologram in Super Bowl LII Halftime Show

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/03/justi ... i-halftime

14K2,614
        Doctor of Jenology
        14K2,614

Feb 05, 2018#4

I'm still waiting !!!

Master of Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#5

14K2,614
            Doctor of Jenology
            14K2,614

Feb 05, 2018#6

Amazing Production
              But He's old and boring

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#7

rafaelsalguero wrote:Amazing Production
                But He's old and boring
                Exactly

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#8

I guess Fallon made his year payment for those first 6 seconds :coffee

14K6,346
                  Contributor
                  14K6,346

Feb 05, 2018#9

It’s the production that I didn’t like it wasn’t big enough for the Super Bowl this would have been great for an award show performance and he did too many songs + plus should have had a guest like *NSYNC the audience would have loved that

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#10

OMG they re dragging him so hard for this

12K11,426
                      Contributor
                      12K11,426

Feb 05, 2018#11

JT was painful to sit through. What kind of cheap awards show performance was that? And for him to think he didn’t need to bring anyone else out!? Janet? Nsync? By far the worse performance of the last few years and I love him. Justice for Jenny. Hopefully they get her next year and she shows him how’s it’s done.

16K4,305
                        Contributor
                        16K4,305

Feb 05, 2018#12

It looked like an award show performance. Justin is good, but he could have done better.
                          JEN THE WORLD IS READY FOR YOU MAMA

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#13

A real Super Bowl show

Doctor of Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#14

The moment they announced he would be the performer I knew this halfime show would not be memorable.

Intro to Jenology

Feb 05, 2018#15

alexjlover wrote:OMG they re dragging him so hard for this

Poor Justin, but now they are ready for a REAL performer!!!

26K8,905
                                Doctor of Jenology
                                26K8,905

Feb 05, 2018#16

Justin did great. :)

Production could have been better. Beyoncé’s show was better.

20K7,821
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  20K7,821

Feb 05, 2018#17

The poll in here lmao !!!

Intro to Jenology

Feb 06, 2018#18

Justin once again proved that he is one of the best entertainers of our time. I loved choreography a lot, especially the way he played with the mike during Suit&Tie. And of course, a duet with Prince was beautiful. Now I can't wait for his tour.

Bachelor of Jenology

Feb 06, 2018#19

The viral part of Justin's performance #selfiekid :giggles

20K7,821
                                        Doctor of Jenology
                                        20K7,821

Feb 06, 2018#20

btw, it's kind of meh, when you cant reach #1 on itunes when 100 mln ppl watch you ...

14K2,771
                                          Contributor
                                          14K2,771

Feb 06, 2018#21

Pretty underwhelming
                                            I like his music but this wasnt Superbowl quality which is suppose to be THE performance of a singers career