Jonghyun, member of K-Pop group SHINee, dies at 27

Jonghyun, member of K-Pop group SHINee, dies at 27

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 18, 2017#1

Credits from: ComicBook

Today is a truly tragic one of the k-pop fandom following the news of one of its most talented idols. Earlier today, news broke that Kim Jonghyun from the group SHINee was found unresponsive in his home. The singer was pronounced dead once he reached a local hospital, and fans from around the world have gathered to mourn the shocking loss. Now, SM Entertainment has released a statement about Jonghyun's passing.

You can read SM Entertainment's full statement below:

"We are sorry to be the bringer of such tragic, heart-breaking news. On December 18, SHINee’s Jonghyun left us very suddenly.

He was discovered unconscious at a residence in Chungdam-Dong, Seoul and was rushed to a nearby hospital but was pronounced dead.

Our sadness cannot compare to the pain of his family who had to say goodbye to a son and a brother. But we have spent a long time with him, and SHINee members and SM Entertainment staff are all in deep mourning and shock.

Jonghyun loved music more than anybody else and he was an artist who did the best to perform his absolute best on stage. It breaks out hearts to have to bring this news to fans who loved Jonghyun so much. Please refrain from reporting on rumors and guesswork so the family of the deceased can honor him in peace.

As per the wish of the family, the funeral will be held quietly with his relatives and company colleagues. Once again, we show our deepest condolences to Jonghyun on his last journey."

According to current reports, Jonghyun's death is being treated as a possible suicide. Emergency personnel was brought to the singer's home after his sister reported a distressing conversation she had with Jonghyun. When the team arrived, Jonghyun was found unconscious. The police are currently investigating the matter, so no official cause of death has been released.

If you are not familiar with SHINee, then you should know the 5-member group is one of SM Entertainment's most famous. The group debuted in 2008 and have gone on to win numerous awards both overseas and within South Korea. Jonghyun acted as the group's main vocalist and was also an accomplished radio host and author. Our thoughts are with the singer's loved ones during this difficult time.

R.I.P. Jonghyun. You'll be missed.

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 18, 2017#2

I have no idea who that guy was, but another young person guy, and that's really sad. RIP

Doctor of Jenology

Dec 19, 2017#3

I was so heartbroken when I heard the news yesterday. Shinee are like one if not my fave kpop group and I was always excited when I heard they had new music coming out. Jonghyun was ways so nice and sweet. I can't imagine what demons he was facing to do this but it's so sad how depression and other mental problems are always brushed aside and never addressed in the kpop world. It's such a cutthroat industry it's sadening that to know that he couldn't get help.

12K588
        Doctor of Jenology
        12K588

Dec 19, 2017#4

I am devastated. Just devastated... :cry So young, so talented, such a beautiful soul. He has been struggling with depression for so long... listening to his songs after this, is heart breaking . . . he was screaming for help through his music and nobody understood how serious it really was . . . T - T

“Someone please hold me, im exhausted from this world,
          someone please wipe me, im drenched with tears,
          someone please notice my struggles first,
          please acknowledge the poor me,
          please help me”

Everyone for God's sake if you have anyone around you struggling with depression etc please PLEASE reach out to them first. Don't wait for them to get help. You never know when it will be too late... :cry

RIP Jjong, u will live forever in our hearts! :cry :cry :cry

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 20, 2017#5

chrisjlover wrote:I have no idea who that guy was, but another young person guy, and that's really sad. RIP
            It is. I'm not a fan of the group as of now, but it made me very sad knowing that someone could die so young. Now, he's the newest member of the 27 club. :cry

Dec 20, 2017#6

juniorsega wrote:I was so heartbroken when I heard the news yesterday. Shinee are like one if not my fave kpop group and I was always excited when I heard they had new music coming out. Jonghyun was ways so nice and sweet. I can't imagine what demons he was facing to do this but it's so sad how depression and other mental problems are always brushed aside and never addressed in the kpop world. It's such a cutthroat industry it's sadening that to know that he couldn't get help.
              So true. I think him being a celebrity made it worse for him, especially with being under a lot of pressure. I heard that a doctor told him it was his fault for feeling the way he did. Some people are so ignorant about mental illness.

Dec 20, 2017#7

panos86 wrote:

I am devastated. Just devastated... :cry So young, so talented, such a beautiful soul. He has been struggling with depression for so long... listening to his songs after this, is heart breaking . . . he was screaming for help through his music and nobody understood how serious it really was . . . T - T

“Someone please hold me, im exhausted from this world,
                someone please wipe me, im drenched with tears,
                someone please notice my struggles first,
                please acknowledge the poor me,
                please help me”

Everyone for God's sake if you have anyone around you struggling with depression etc please PLEASE reach out to them first. Don't wait for them to get help. You never know when it will be too late... :cry

RIP Jjong, u will live forever in our hearts! :cry :cry :cry
                Wow. So powerful. I feel you. Gone too soon.