Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo

Red Velvet - Peek-A-Boo

12K588
Doctor of Jenology
12K588

Nov 17, 2017#1

Red Velvet returned with their 2nd full album and the lead single is to DIE FOR! :rockon Girls are absolutely gorgeous, the concept is amazing, the moves are on point, the visuals are insane... they keep evolving with every comeback, they are CONCEPT QUEENS, their tunes are always catchy as fuck and the choreos are always awesome! Love love love them! :bow #addicted #phuckyobasicbitches #scalpthembald

For anyone interested to know more they mainly divide their concepts in RED ones and VELVET ones while some are a combination. They always bring something new and fresh to the table both musically and visually! Total QUEENS! :bow Here you are...
    ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 17, 2017#2

I love KPop more and more :oops:
      They really invest in videos, choreo and the music is catchy!

12K588
      Doctor of Jenology
      12K588

Nov 17, 2017#3

pitbulljlo wrote:I love KPop more and more :oops:
        You do?! :woot I am so happy! :D Yeah they really do and the music IS catchy! :bow I hope more people were more open to giving these artists a chance too!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 18, 2017#4

panos86 wrote:
          You do?! :woot I am so happy! :D Yeah they really do and the music IS catchy! :bow I hope more people were more open to giving these artists a chance too!

Yes! Thanks to you :hug
          I love BTS, I see they are really popular.
          And the girls are great! Videos are so aesthetically pleasing and as you said, fresh.

12K588
          Doctor of Jenology
          12K588

Nov 18, 2017#5

pitbulljlo wrote:
            panos86 wrote:

Yes! Thanks to you :hug
            I love BTS, I see they are really popular.
            And the girls are great! Videos are so aesthetically pleasing and as you said, fresh.
            Awwww! :hug
            Yes BTS are fucking incredible! :bow Right now they are taking over US! They are EVERYWHERE! Performing on AMAs, Jimmy Kimmel Concert, Ellen, James Corden, Ryan Seacrest, Mario Lopez... their fanbase the ARMY is insane! Best fanbase right now! :rockon AND they will release a remix of their song MIC Drop with Steve Aoki and Desiigner! :D

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#6

^love this one!!! :bow
              I saw their performance on Corden's show and their fans have some chants, it sounds incredible! I can't believe how cohesive they are :clap

12K588
              Doctor of Jenology
              12K588

Nov 19, 2017#7

pitbulljlo wrote:^love this one!!! :bow
                I saw their performance on Corden's show and their fans have some chants, it sounds incredible! I can't believe how cohesive they are :clap
                Yeah fanchants are a very special thing in Kpop as every fandom has different fanchants for almost every song of their artists! It really gives energy to every performance and connects the artist with the fans in a very special way! :D Just look at their new performance...

i mean what kind of slayage! :bow (You can turn on the subtitles btw ;) )

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#8

I happened to watch it yesterday, and I actually low-key liked it. I also really like "Russian Roulette". Red Velvet makes some of the best music videos I've ever seen in my life. I love them for their aesthetically pleasing concepts. I was on a K-Pop binge last night actually.

12K588
                  Doctor of Jenology
                  12K588

Nov 19, 2017#9

QueenCedar101 wrote:I happened to watch it yesterday, and I actually low-key liked it. I also really like "Russian Roulette". Red Velvet makes some of the best music videos I've ever seen in my life. I love them for their aesthetically pleasing concepts. I was on a K-Pop binge last night actually.
                    Yeah! Girls are no joke when it comes to visuals! :bow Their concepts are always so stunning and interesting. The amount of work and detail that goes into them is insane.
                    Especially their video for "One of these nights" is an absolute masterpiece. It is said to be a tribute to all the young students that drowned in the Sewol ferry incident in March 2014 where 304 people died (mostly students) on a trip. :cry All the signs are there, the direction, the attention to detail, how tastefully everything is implied... you can find an explanation of the video here. There are so many more details in the video though... everytime i watch it i find something different!
                    https://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03 ... goes-viral

Master of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#10

I know this is old but still my favorite video

my fav live look at the dancebreak at the end 2:20

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#11

This video was a work of art. I loved this one:

12K588
                        Doctor of Jenology
                        12K588

Nov 19, 2017#12

DtothaLO wrote:I know this is old but still my favorite video

my fav live look at the dancebreak at the end 2:20
                          :woot YES! Ice Cream Cake is what made me a fan! :love2 And yeah that last look at the dancebreak is to die for! These fur coats looked so amazing in the video too!

Nov 19, 2017#13

QueenCedar101 wrote:This video was a work of art. I loved this one:
                            Hell yeah! Red Flavor was such a summer bop! :rockon This is my favorite live from it!

And i love how diverse they can be! :love2

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 19, 2017#14

I personally didn't think that they were that good at first, but they're growing on me now. For me, it's super hard to know who's who in the group. Like I know the names, but can't figure out which person that is. K-Pop in general has some of the best music videos I've ever seen.

P.S. Did you know Girls Generation is down to 5 members? It's sad how some groups are dissolving, especially 2NE1. :cry

12K588
                              Doctor of Jenology
                              12K588

Nov 19, 2017#15

QueenCedar101 wrote:I personally didn't think that they were that good at first, but they're growing on me now. For me, it's super hard to know who's who in the group. Like I know the names, but can't figure out which person that is. K-Pop in general has some of the best music videos I've ever seen.

P.S. Did you know Girls Generation is down to 5 members? It's sad how some groups are dissolving, especially 2NE1. :cry
                                lol Yeah it's kinda hard telling who is who in the beginning. There are usually a lot of members in each group, they change hair often too lol but it's all about exposure to such traits. I started listening to kpop in 2005 i think and this was the first song i heard by OG Queen, BoA! :bow

Since then i've become a lot better at telling who is who. Best example i can give is this pic of the group EXO! LOL At first i thought it was the same person but now i can understand them even by their voice! lol :lol:
                                I mean . . . %)

And don't even get me started on Girls Generation and the disbandments... :cry 2NE1, SISTAR, Wonder Girls, 4minute... i mean so many legendary groups are coming to an end or losing members... T - T ESPECIALLY for Girls Generation i'm devastated! Their last album was AMAZING!!!!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#16

Right? I usually try to figure out who's who by physical features, although there are some people that are easy for me to spot. There are a lot of girl groups that are leaving. 2NE1 had excellent stage presence and SISTAR was good as well, although my bias from the group is Hyolyn. SNSD being 5 members won't be the same, but at least there's still Taeyeon in the group. I haven't started getting into it until recently. My cousins are huge fans of it. I used to not really care for it, but now I'm becoming a fan of it. 2NE1 is great. So is SNSD and Red Velvet is growing on me. T-ARA was the first group I really loved, although I loved a few K-Pop songs before it.

P.S. What's your opinion on the groups BLACKPINK and Twice? I've seen those that say BLACKPINK are 2NE1 wannabees and that TWICE is talentless. I personally think that neither of the girls from those groups are great vocalists, but do you like them and what songs do you like from them? I haven't gotten into much of their repertoire, but I wonder what your thoughts of them are.

12K588
                                  Doctor of Jenology
                                  12K588

Nov 20, 2017#17

QueenCedar101 wrote:Right? I usually try to figure out who's who by physical features, although there are some people that are easy for me to spot. There are a lot of girl groups that are leaving. 2NE1 had excellent stage presence and SISTAR was good as well, although my bias from the group is Hyolyn. SNSD being 5 members won't be the same, but at least there's still Taeyeon in the group. I haven't started getting into it until recently. My cousins are huge fans of it. I used to not really care for it, but now I'm becoming a fan of it. 2NE1 is great. So is SNSD and Red Velvet is growing on me. T-ARA was the first group I really loved, although I loved a few K-Pop songs before it.

P.S. What's your opinion on the groups BLACKPINK and Twice? I've seen those that say BLACKPINK are 2NE1 wannabees and that TWICE is talentless. I personally think that neither of the girls from those groups are great vocalists, but do you like them and what songs do you like from them? I haven't gotten into much of their repertoire, but I wonder what your thoughts of them are.
                                    Look 2NE1 are legendary and i believe CL will have a great career. She is already working with Diplo, Skrillex etc. I also liked Minzy's last solo album. Very good job. You should check it out. Now as for SNSD i must say that i am a HUGE fan. Even when Jessica left it wasn't the same... i love all girls but at least i'm happy they didn't disband and we'll keep getting solo songs. ;)

Now as for Blackpink and Twice i love them both! :oops:

- Blackpink and 2NE1 are of the same company and when 2NE1 disbanded it's only logical that people will start comparing them but i don't think they are actively trying to be 2NE1. It's just that they are now the label's No1 girl group so they will get the best material of the company's best producers. Like it or not there will be similarities. Personally i LOVE them and i think they are quite different from 2NE1! They are more pop, mainstream and cute than 2NE1 and with an amazing rapper, my girl Lisa! :bow How can you not love them?! These are my favorite! :rockon But definitely check the rest from them too!

- As for Twice i think that they are very cute with very catchy tunes but maye TOO cute for some. This kind of concepts are really popular in Korea and less worldwide but personally i love them! They are great dancers but much less diverse than other groups. The thing is though that is a rather new group who got VERY popular very fast! You don't change a winning team! ;) They are ok vocalists but don't expect a Taeyeon or Hyolyn here... these are just two of my favorite!

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#18

Ahh. Interesting. I heard "BOOMBAYAH" and thought it was decent. I love CL's "The Baddest Female". That's my jam. I will definitely be checking out more K-Pop artists and also some K-Indie artists as well. I might just end up going on another K-Pop binge tonight, but those videos definitely take you to another world, and I love that.

12K588
                                      Doctor of Jenology
                                      12K588

Nov 20, 2017#19

QueenCedar101 wrote:Ahh. Interesting. I heard "BOOMBAYAH" and thought it was decent. I love CL's "The Baddest Female". That's my jam. I will definitely be checking out more K-Pop artists and also some K-Indie artists as well. I might just end up going on another K-Pop binge tonight, but those videos definitely take you to another world, and I love that.
                                        OMG Yes! CL has some sick jams! My favorite is this! :rockon

Yeah the videos, the choreos, the aestetics, the visuals, the concepts are all top notch in kpop. Even from smaller groups. That's why always insist with Jen. It's not about the budget. It's about having a strong artistic vision and talented people to help you with it. ;)
                                        If you like, i can suggest a few! :oops: Check some of these artists if you find something interesting enough! ;)
                                        ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                                        OMG There are so many i like.... this is just 1/1000 of the things i could suggest... the perfection knows no end in Kpop! lol

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 20, 2017#20

panos86 wrote:
                                          QueenCedar101 wrote:Ahh. Interesting. I heard "BOOMBAYAH" and thought it was decent. I love CL's "The Baddest Female". That's my jam. I will definitely be checking out more K-Pop artists and also some K-Indie artists as well. I might just end up going on another K-Pop binge tonight, but those videos definitely take you to another world, and I love that.
                                          OMG Yes! CL has some sick jams! My favorite is this! :rockon

Yeah the videos, the choreos, the aestetics, the visuals, the concepts are all top notch in kpop. Even from smaller groups. That's why always insist with Jen. It's not about the budget. It's about having a strong artistic vision and talented people to help you with it. ;)
                                          If you like, i can suggest a few! :oops: Check some of these artists if you find something interesting enough! ;)
                                          ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
                                          OMG There are so many i like.... this is just 1/1000 of the things i could suggest... the perfection knows no end in Kpop! lol
                                          Oh my goodness. So many choices, but let's back up. I happen to have watched some videos on YouTube today, and I saw some music videos that would go perfectly with some of her songs. This one doesn't have to do with K-Pop, but maybe for Mirate or any of her other ballads, she could do a music video like this one:

Or maybe a video like this one:

Now these next two videos happen to be from a Chinese singer who happens to be one of my faves. She could've done something artful and poppy like this one for AAA x3 or she could use a concept like this for another one of her songs:

Or this one would be excellent for maybe a song like "El" or one of her ballads with such a strong meaning:

Don't get me wrong. I love J.Lo, but I think part of the reason for her lack of creativity or what not is because she's controlled by her team that consists of family members, and they're not creative people at all. Plus, they're probably quite controlling in some aspects. Not saying they don't love her, but still. Personally, I think this may be the best music video she's done:

It has an interesting concept and it does play some interesting stuff in it. I think her older videos play more interesting concepts and are better made, despite the outdated format. It saddens mean that she has to suffer from the team she has and not even know when her next stuff comes out, while on the other hand, other people are dropping their albums on the expected date, and her stuff gets pushed back. It really saddens me.

Bachelor of Jenology

Nov 21, 2017#21

This is a bomb. Aww so proud of my Boys BTs .btw i'm a sone and still strong and supporting GG

12K588
                                            Doctor of Jenology
                                            12K588

Dec 03, 2017#22

QueenCedar101 wrote: Oh my goodness. So many choices, but let's back up. I happen to have watched some videos on YouTube today, and I saw some music videos that would go perfectly with some of her songs. This one doesn't have to do with K-Pop, but maybe for Mirate or any of her other ballads, she could do a music video like this one:

Now these next two videos happen to be from a Chinese singer who happens to be one of my faves. She could've done something artful and poppy like this one for AAA x3 or she could use a concept like this for another one of her songs:
                                              Or this one would be excellent for maybe a song like "El" or one of her ballads with such a strong meaning:

Don't get me wrong. I love J.Lo, but I think part of the reason for her lack of creativity or what not is because she's controlled by her team that consists of family members, and they're not creative people at all. Plus, they're probably quite controlling in some aspects. Not saying they don't love her, but still. Personally, I think this may be the best music video she's done:

It has an interesting concept and it does play some interesting stuff in it. I think her older videos play more interesting concepts and are better made, despite the outdated format. It saddens mean that she has to suffer from the team she has and not even know when her next stuff comes out, while on the other hand, other people are dropping their albums on the expected date, and her stuff gets pushed back. It really saddens me.

Sorry for being so late but DAMN these are AMAZING! All excellent choices and very artistic! :bow Now as for Jen i have to agree her team needs better people at least on the artistic side. I don't mind her business stuff but she needs much better management on the way she handles her concepts etc. But imho it's not just Jen, artists of the West seem so vanilla lately compared to asian artists.

Dec 03, 2017#23

Brenda JLove wrote:This is a bomb. Aww so proud of my Boys BTs .btw i'm a sone and still strong and supporting GG
                                                :love2 Again sorry to you too for being so late but yeah i am so happy for BTS! They slayed with MIC Drop and their US promo tour was amazing! :bow
                                                As for GG i am a sone too and will always be here for my girls no matter what! :rockon (AGAIN i love your avatar and Hyoyeon is my bias! :love2 )

Dec 03, 2017#24

A few more lives from my girls! :love2 Especially the ones from the award shows are amazing! The crowd! :rockon

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 03, 2017#25

panos86 wrote:
                                                    QueenCedar101 wrote: Oh my goodness. So many choices, but let's back up. I happen to have watched some videos on YouTube today, and I saw some music videos that would go perfectly with some of her songs. This one doesn't have to do with K-Pop, but maybe for Mirate or any of her other ballads, she could do a music video like this one:

Sorry for being so late but DAMN these are AMAZING! All excellent choices and very artistic! :bow Now as for Jen i have to agree her team needs better people at least on the artistic side. I don't mind her business stuff but she needs much better management on the way she handles her concepts etc. But imho it's not just Jen, artists of the West seem so vanilla lately compared to asian artists.
                                                    Very true. There are a few out-of-the-box music videos in the East, but most aren't great or they're ripped off of another concept. I happened to bump into a few music videos that are very cool.

The first two may not be in her style, but for Amor x3, she could've made the train a bit more glammed up. The third one is an idea that could be used for one of her ballads. Not sure what the others are, but it depends on which one has the most meaning tied to it, or she could mix different MV ideas into one.

Read more posts (2 remaining)