BTS - Love Yourself : Her (No1 IN 73 COUNTRIES!)

Discuss all other celeb news & off topic stuff here!
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 21st, 2017, 5:10 pm

I am 3 days late on this but DAMN!!! The Kpop royalty called BTS did it again! :bow They came back with their fifth mini album titled "Love Yourself: Her" and they OBLITERATED everything! :rockon
- The album reached No1 in 73 (!) countries
- The title track "DNA" topped the Top Song Chart of 29 (!) countries
- The DNA MV is the 6th music video with the most views in 24 hours of ALL TIME! With more views than Taylor's Bad Blood and surpassed every Rihanna, Katy Perry, Minaj etc video! :bow
- The album sold almost half a million in 24 hours!
- The first Kpop artist on Spotify's Global Top 50!
- No1 on Youtube's Trending Chart!
And so much more . . .

RECEIPTS:

LINKS:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... -countries
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... t-24-hours
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... lbum-sales
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... bal-top-50
http://www.billboard.com/artist/5912948/bts (BILLBOARD STANNING HARD!)
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/20/asia/ ... index.html
http://www.etonline.com/exclusive-bts-c ... lves-87665
https://www.fuse.tv/2017/08/bts-comebac ... lete-guide
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 21st, 2017, 5:15 pm

VIDEOS + PERFORMANCES :

I MEAN WHAT KIND OF AUDIOVISUAL SLAYAGE!!! :rockon The productions, the moves, the energy, the FUCKING VISUALS!!! :dance2
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 21st, 2017, 5:25 pm

Also in this album there is their collaboration with The Chainsmokers! :love2

Go JLo
Master of Jenology

by Go JLo, Sep 21st, 2017, 6:42 pm

Mic Drop :clap
Love Yourself :bow
No More Dream :rockon
Crazy4JenL
Contributor
Contributor

by Crazy4JenL, Sep 22nd, 2017, 10:59 am

For the life of me I cannot understand the obsession with this Kpop and their bands with 1000000 people in them. But hey good for them...
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 22nd, 2017, 12:38 pm

Go JLo wrote:Mic Drop :clap
Love Yourself :bow
No More Dream :rockon

YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!! All three AMAZING songs! :bow
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 22nd, 2017, 1:02 pm

Crazy4JenL wrote:For the life of me I cannot understand the obsession with this Kpop and their bands with 1000000 people in them. But hey good for them...

It's all about what each group/artist serves. If you like the music, the videos, the moves, the visuals, their characters etc you stan. If not you move on. ;) The number is irrelevant. It's like every other group... not to mention that there are/have been groups with a lot of members in the West too. ;)

But if i tried to explain this obsession i think it would be the connection these artists have with their fans and the combination of amount/quality of work they put out. Both are extremely different from the West.
Most of them have been carefully selected and trained hard for years before being allowed to debut so when they get the chance they are extremely grateful and ALL stay very humble and in touch with their fans. You won't see idols turning into divas like in the West because fans would end them the very next day. Also they are VERY engaged with their fanbases. They are constantly online, posting opinions, personal moments, talking with fans, asking, answering etc. The social aspect of this relationship (artist/fans) is a thousand times more important and nurtured than in the West. And then it's their work... each and every one releases full albums, mini albums, each with an original theme, original choreos/visuals/videos etc for everything, their physical CD/DVD releases are INSANE, the productions are fresh and catchy, the moves are insane, the visuals are always awesome etc etc

. . . seriously it's a whole new world and once you get to discover it almost everything the West produces will seem bland, basic and lazy. And it's not just pop. The RnB, Hip hop, rock, dance etc acts are also absolutely flawless. Maybe i am more open because i've been listening to music from different parts of the world for years but in this day and age why limit yourself?! :D ;)
mEm
Contributor
Contributor

by mEm, Sep 22nd, 2017, 3:10 pm

what is it with you and always posting "Random XX group -- Album name (number one 1231902 countries)" lol
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 22nd, 2017, 8:07 pm

mEm wrote:what is it with you and always posting "Random XX group -- Album name (number one 1231902 countries)" lol

LOL because it is a fact and it's amazing that awesome "random XX groups" that most of you ignore keep outperforming huge names of the West! :cool:
Crazy4JenL
Contributor
Contributor

by Crazy4JenL, Sep 23rd, 2017, 10:19 am

Out of curiosity, do you guys that like these Kpop groups speak Korean? My buddy is obsessed with these bands and doesn't know a lick of the language and I just can't get into something I don't understand lol. Plus i just find them all extremely cheesey...
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:23 am

Crazy4JenL wrote:Out of curiosity, do you guys that like these Kpop groups speak Korean? My buddy is obsessed with these bands and doesn't know a lick of the language and I just can't get into something I don't understand lol. Plus i just find them all extremely cheesey...

lol i've started learning a few months ago on my own and i speak a little but i always found it weird when people can't get into just the music alone. Maybe because i'm not a native english speaker and i keep seeing people all over the world that love to listen to mainstream english music and don't understand a word! lol For example the whole world loved Despacito, Gangnam Style etc and language wasn't a problem. But now you can also find easily a translation to every song you want! ;)
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:27 am

btw these two are productions by Bruno Mars and Skrillex for koreans artists while big names are begging for something by them... :cool:

Crazy4JenL
Contributor
Contributor

by Crazy4JenL, Sep 24th, 2017, 10:56 am

panos86 wrote:
Crazy4JenL wrote:Out of curiosity, do you guys that like these Kpop groups speak Korean? My buddy is obsessed with these bands and doesn't know a lick of the language and I just can't get into something I don't understand lol. Plus i just find them all extremely cheesey...

lol i've started learning a few months ago on my own and i speak a little but i always found it weird when people can't get into just the music alone. Maybe because i'm not a native english speaker and i keep seeing people all over the world that love to listen to mainstream english music and don't understand a word! lol For example the whole world loved Despacito, Gangnam Style etc and language wasn't a problem. But now you can also find easily a translation to every song you want! ;)

I mean I understand why people are so into the Korean culture in general because it is interesting and their music is huge around the world..I just can't follow music I don't understand lol. I've gotten into a few tracks of languages I do not speak but that's very rare. The music has to be really good for it to bypass the language barrier for me - guess this is just not my cup of tea.
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 24th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Crazy4JenL wrote:
panos86 wrote:

I mean I understand why people are so into the Korean culture in general because it is interesting and their music is huge around the world..I just can't follow music I don't understand lol. I've gotten into a few tracks of languages I do not speak but that's very rare. The music has to be really good for it to bypass the language barrier for me - guess this is just not my cup of tea.

Yeah it's totally understandable. Even for me it's hard sometimes listening to music i don't get... especially because i can't sing along and i end up like her... lol

Crazy4JenL
Contributor
Contributor

by Crazy4JenL, Sep 24th, 2017, 6:20 pm

panos86 wrote:
Crazy4JenL wrote:
panos86 wrote:

Yeah it's totally understandable. Even for me it's hard sometimes listening to music i don't get... especially because i can't sing along and i end up like her... lol

:lol: DEAD
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 25th, 2017, 8:19 pm

:woot BOYS ARE INTO BOTH US BILLBOARD TOP10 ALBUMS AND TOP100!!!! :woot
- They reached No7 with their album and No85 with their lead single! This is HUGE!!!! :rockon Congrats BTS! :clap
- What's more they got more than 1,000,000 in preorders and sold more than 700,000 in just 1 week!!! INSANE numbers! :bow
- They met with Steve Aoki for their collab! High profile producers keep coming!!! :dance2
- And their SLAYING dance practive video has already almost 4 million IN JUST 1 DAY! :bow

WHO DELIVERS SUCH SLAYAGE! The isolations, the footwork, the energy, the passion.... i can't! :cry

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... ds-hot-200
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... 0-with-dna
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... first-week
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09 ... laboration
Brenda JLove
Bachelor of Jenology

by Brenda JLove, Sep 25th, 2017, 10:10 pm

;) :rockon :rockon Armys and BTs slay ,I really love MIC drop .
Go JLo
Master of Jenology

by Go JLo, Sep 27th, 2017, 5:00 pm

Wow their dance skills are awesome!
even they know when to move one of the fingers :lol:
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 28th, 2017, 9:16 am

Brenda JLove wrote:;) :rockon :rockon Armys and BTs slay ,I really love MIC drop .

YAAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!! It is absolutely FLAWLESS!!! :bow How can anyone deny this SLAYAGE?!!!?!?

panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 28th, 2017, 9:21 am

Go JLo wrote:Image
Wow their dance skills are awesome!
even they know when to move one of the fingers :lol:

Yeah the choreos are INSANE! They are so intricate and powerful! :rockon What i love most is that they are not just a few seconds dancebreak, it's a full choreography through the whole song that follows the beat and the melody with every move! Each song has it's own fresh moveset, with signature dance moves and just the positioning of every member during the song would make the heads of artists from the West spin! It's crazy! %)
panos86
Doctor of Jenology

by panos86, Sep 28th, 2017, 9:23 am

More performances! The fucking isolations and footwork! :love2

Return to “Chillin' Beyond The Velvet Rope”