Mariah Carey may be Dropped by Epic Records!!!

Mariah Carey may be Dropped by Epic Records!!!

14K2,614
Doctor of Jenology
14K2,614

Mar 04, 2017#1

by Roger Friedman - March 04, 2017

This is really real, and I hope Mariah Carey really reads it. I ran into her on Sunday night. We walked into the Vanity Fair Oscar party together. There was no one in the long entry tunnel but her, me, and her manager Stella Bulochnikov. Stella is not a day at the beach. She is tough. And I don’t mean that she’s a bitch. She is fiercely protective of Mariah. But it may be too much. Back to that meeting in a minute.

Yesterday — Monday– I caught word that Epic Records is very unhappy with Mariah. That recent single, called “I Don’t”, was a total failure. It was also a total surprise to Epic. They were sent the track all completed, with no forewarning from Carey’s camp that it was coming, I am told. They hadn’t heard it. “We were just told to put it out,” says a source. So they did. And it flopped.

Now my sources say Epic chief L.A. Reid is considering dropping Mariah from the label. In the time since she signed with him, Carey has had two singles– "Infinity" and “I Don’t”. They were not sellers, no YouTube views, and didn’t get played on radio. There is no work being done toward an album, and no conversations are taking place between Epic and Carey’s team.

I wrote a few weeks ago that Carey’s friends and former employees felt that Stella had cut the singer off from everyone. L.A. Reid is apparently one of those people. “He can’t reach her,” says a source. “That’s really bad.”

I asked Mariah about a new album. She said, “We’re doing a series of singles. No one wants albums anymore. We have one now with this great rapper YG.” I’m not sure if she realizes “I Don’t” didn’t, and has come and gone.
    I don’t know what happened to Mariah and Stella after that. No one saw them at the party. I saw L.A. Reid across the room, but she wasn’t with him.

I wish she’d made an album of great ballads like "Vision of Love", and give up the hip hop. We have no great theme album of Mariah showing off her voice on classics.

:lol:

Master of Jenology

Mar 05, 2017#2

Mariah Carey Re-Teams With Busta Rhymes For New Single
      can't wait to hear this new song! Jenn needs a song like this , where the hell is ja-rule, ll cool J ???

14K2,614
      Doctor of Jenology
      14K2,614

Mar 05, 2017#3

well thay said, LA REID never Heard "I Don't" before the release, maybe He asked her to record a song with Busta Rhymes now.

Intermediate Jenology

Mar 05, 2017#4

That article seems so speculative and poorly written.

Intro to Jenology

Apr 05, 2017#5

She lost again, poor Mariah

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 05, 2017#6

Sola wrote:She lost again, poor Mariah
              jenlaugh

Intro to Jenology

Apr 05, 2017#7

lucinda wrote:
                Sola wrote:She lost again, poor Mariah
                jenlaugh
                I leave lambily sorry, that pathetic People are most insane for me %)

14K2,614
                Doctor of Jenology
                14K2,614

Apr 05, 2017#8

What happened with "I Don't" single ??

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 05, 2017#9

rafaelsalguero wrote:What happened with "I Don't" single ??
                    It "don't" do anything.

20K2,682
                    Admin
                    20K2,682

Apr 06, 2017#10

lmao

14K2,614
                      Doctor of Jenology
                      14K2,614

Apr 06, 2017#11

Nothin On Me wrote:
                        rafaelsalguero wrote:What happened with "I Don't" single ??
                        It "don't" do anything.

Bachelor of Jenology

Apr 10, 2017#12

Variety wrote:Epic Records has recommitted to Mariah Carey, announcing Monday a new joint partnership between the singer’s Butterfly MC Records and the Sony Music Entertainment label as well as a long-awaited studio album due out “later this year.” Terms of the partnership were not disclosed.

The deal seemingly puts to rest rumors that Carey’s recording contract was in jeopardy. The five-time Grammy winner was signed by Epic Records chairman-CEO LA Reid in 2016, with whom she worked on 2005’s multi-platinum-selling album The Emancipation of Mimi (recorded and released while Reid was running Universal Music label Island Def Jam).

Carey launched her career at Sony’s Columbia Records in 1990, when she scored the first of her five consecutive Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 hits ( “Vision of Love,” “Love Takes Time,” “Someday,” “I Don’t Wanna Cry,” and “Emotions”).

Said Reid in a statement: “To continue working with Mariah Carey at Epic has been another rewarding chapter of my career. Mariah’s incomparable talents as a singer, with her vocal range that is nothing short of legendary, are matched by her brilliance as a songwriter, producer, and performer par excellence. Mariah’s chart records have established her enduring place in music history, a position that is cherished and supported by her loyal fans worldwide. I look forward to building upon all of Mariah’s success for years to come.”

Added Carey: “I am putting my heart and soul into making more new music. I am so thrilled for this next chapter and to continue working with, and for, everyone that I love.”

The partnership comes on the heels of several headline-grabbing months for Carey. In December, the singer launched “Mariah’s World,” a docuseries on E!; famously endured technical complications live on ABC’s Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest; broke off her engagement to Australian billionaire James Packer; and announced, then postponed, a tour with Lionel Richie. Carey is also headlining a Las Vegas residency at the Colosseum at Caesars Palace, to which she’s set to return in July.

Intro to Jenology

Apr 15, 2017#13

DtothaLO wrote:Mariah Carey Re-Teams With Busta Rhymes For New Single
                            can't wait to hear this new song! Jenn needs a song like this , where the hell is ja-rule, ll cool J ???

Leave Kenny alone :smile:
                            @yamaha dit leur putain de merde! %)

Anyway, don't care about her, idk her. :coffee