Debbie Reynolds Passes One-Day Following Daughter's Death

Debbie Reynolds Passes One-Day Following Daughter's Death

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 29, 2016#1

ABC11 News wrote:LOS ANGELES (WTVD) -- Actress Debbie Reynolds, star of the 1952 classic 'Singin' in the Rain' and mother of Carrie Fisher, has died, son says.

The Los Angeles Times and celebrity website TMZ, which was first to report the incident, said unnamed sources told them Reynolds was rushed to the hospital Wednesday afternoon after paramedics were called to her son's home.

Todd Fisher, did not answer a call or return messages from The Associated Press. Representatives for Reynolds did not immediately respond to inquiries.

os Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Margaret Stewart told the AP paramedics transported a woman from a home in the Coldwater Canyon neighborhood where her son lives in fair to serious condition.

She could not confirm it was Reynolds, citing medical privacy laws.

However, a source close to Debbie Reynolds confirmed to ABCNews that it was Reynolds who was taken to the hospital.

Reynolds starred opposite Gene Kelly in the 1952 classic "Singin' in the Rain," and was nominated for an Oscar for her role in the musical "The Unsinkable Molly Brown." She was also nominated for a Tony Award in 1973 for her performance in the Broadway musical "Irene."

She had two children with the late crooner Eddie Fisher, who left her for Elizabeth Taylor.

Carrie Fisher, who starred as Princess Leia in the original "Star Wars" trilogy, died Tuesday at age 60, days after suffering a medical emergency on a flight from London to Los Angeles.

In a November interview with for the NPR show "Fresh Air," Carrie Fisher spoke of her admiration for her mother, who she said had some recent health setbacks.

"She's an immensely powerful woman, and I just admire my mother very much," Carrie Fisher said. "There's very few women from her generation who worked like that, who just kept a career going all her life, and raised children, and had horrible relationships, and lost all her money, and got it back again. I mean, she's had an amazing life, and she's someone to admire."

Intro to Jenology

Dec 29, 2016#2

That's so sad and very sketchy that they died around the same time ..#illuminattiSacrifice

Bachelor of Jenology

Dec 29, 2016#3

It's not "sketchy", it is sad. It's very clear her daughter dying was heartbreaking and more than she could've handled, and she clearly just wanted to be with her daughter in the end. And that hashtag is horribly inappropriate, and quite disgusting. This is not some kind of joking matter.

13K1,207
        Doctor of Jenology
        13K1,207

Dec 29, 2016#4

This is something that called "too much to handle". I lost my mom a year ago and God knows it's hard. But it's way WAY TO MUCH harder for my grandma who lost her ONLY child. So I kinda understand why this happened to Debbie. Even tho I didn't know both of them (not a fan of Star Wars) I feel bad for their family and friends.

Intro to Jenology

Dec 29, 2016#5

Nothin On Me wrote:It's not "sketchy", it is sad. It's very clear her daughter dying was heartbreaking and more than she could've handled, and she clearly just wanted to be with her daughter in the end. And that hashtag is horribly inappropriate, and quite disgusting. This is not some kind of joking matter.
            I'm serious about the hash tag I didn't imply that as a joke. I believe in the existence of secret societies I also believe that most of them commit human sacrifices which they won't confess or admit for they are a secret society which is really sad and disgusting that these groups would do such a thing

23K5,924
            Doctor of Jenology
            23K5,924

Dec 29, 2016#6

R.I.P. This is terrible, I can't imagine how Billie must be feeling now. :(

Contributor

Dec 30, 2016#7

R.I.P Aggy Cromwell :(

P.S. - I just read all the tea about her and Elizabeth Taylor. Never knew she was in the game for so long, nor that she was connected to her. I lost all respect for Elizabeth (#Hoe).